Sparta bots

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 3, 2016, 16:5306/03/16
10/20/15

Sparta bots

I've been contacted a few weeks ago, here is the message I got :

"I'm a developer of a tool called Sparta bot.

Sparta Bot is an assisting tool developed by Toolwagon for Sparta: War of Empires. It provides various automatic functions to help simplifying player’s gaming experience.

Some of the key features

-Auto Collect Resource

-Auto Quests

-Auto Academy Study

-Auto Update Buildings

-Auto Raid & Besiege

Please contact blabla.."

I guess all players (maybe from a certain level) have been contacted as well ?

Is there anything we or you can do about that ? (apart from accepting ;))

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 3, 2016, 20:5606/03/16
lefeubleu said:

I've been contacted a few weeks ago, here is the message I got :

"I'm a developer of a tool called Sparta bot.

Sparta Bot is an assisting tool developed by Toolwagon for Sparta: War of Empires. It provides various automatic functions to help simplifying player’s gaming experience.

Some of the key features

-Auto Collect Resource

-Auto Quests

-Auto Academy Study

-Auto Update Buildings

-Auto Raid & Besiege

Please contact blabla.."

I guess all players (maybe from a certain level) have been contacted as well ?

Is there anything we or you can do about that ? (apart from accepting ;))

I think it`s impossible to find who has accepted, so the administration could not do anything.
Jun 3, 2016, 22:4306/03/16
07/12/15
lefeubleu said:

-Auto Collect Resource

-Auto Quests

-Auto Academy Study

-Auto Update Buildings

-Auto Raid & Besiege

That will make it a very boring game indeed.. lol
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 6, 2016, 10:3806/06/16
09/17/15

Greetings. You can report this player to our Support Team with a screenshot of his message, and they will take the necessary measures. 

Jun 6, 2016, 10:5906/06/16
10/20/15
Yes Kakos, there would be pretty much nothing else to do lol
Jun 7, 2016, 10:5006/07/16
08/03/15

Things like these, will ruin the game and it's balance. Do not give food to those people to sell their scripts etc.If no need, no building those hacks.

Moreover, Sparta is a browser game usually hacks do not work since you can't inject anything.

99% is a virus so they can hijack your personal info.

Be careful Archons!
Jun 9, 2016, 20:3406/09/16
Jun 9, 2016, 20:37(edited)
02/25/16
I was contacted by this company as well.  They used Forum private message to reach me... not sure it is even a player?

It is actually possible to create browser macros that auto-execute.  Many companies offer them for other things like collecting online website data.  Since they act exactly like a live user seen from the website end they cannot be detected.

Plarium could definitely lose income from the Unit Auto-Hide sales since this feature can easily be automated.  Other things like collecting protectorate resources, initiating scroll research, agreement signing and building upgrades would just allow some players to reduce idle time between task initiations but it doesn't seem like a game-changing advantage. 

I wrote my own macro to log me in and out once a day when I am away for business so I won't get kicked out of my coalition for inactivity.  It also ensures that you don't lose any accumulated days in the Spartan Loyalty program if you can't get to your computer for 24 hours.