COALITION CAPITAL

COALITION CAPITAL

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Apr 27, 2016, 13:1704/27/16
11/05/14

COALITION CAPITAL

If the objective of the coalition capital is the teamwork of the coalition members, it would be logical that the contribution of the tools by purchasing drachmas could be done by several members and not just one. For example, if 7500 tools cost 7650 drachmas, nowadays only one player can buy the total of drachmas, and with the proposal that i have explain for example:

• a player give 3000 drachmas, another 1500 and another 3000 .... 
  • a player give 2000 drachmas, another 1500 , another 2000 and another 2000 ....
  • 15 player give 500 drachmas........

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 27, 2016, 20:3504/27/16
Apr 27, 2016, 20:36(edited)

tintomendoza said:

If the objective of the coalition capital is the teamwork of the coalition members, it would be logical that the contribution of the tools by purchasing drachmas could be done by several members and not just one. For example, if 7500 tools cost 7650 drachmas, nowadays only one player can buy the total of drachmas, and with the proposal that i have explain for example:

• a player give 3000 drachmas, another 1500 and another 3000 .... 
  • a player give 2000 drachmas, another 1500 , another 2000 and another 2000 ....
  • 15 player give 500 drachmas........

1. A player pays 7500 drachmas. He buy drachmas ---> Plarium earn money.

2. 150 players pay 7,500 drachmas (50 drachmas each). They won drachmas in tournament ---> Plarium not earn money.

Apr 27, 2016, 21:4204/27/16
Apr 27, 2016, 21:44(edited)
02/25/16

I don't know about others but I see the whole Coalition Capital implementation as a Massive Plarium Failure... Why? Because I don't care about it and neither do any other players in my coalition.  A coalition is by definition a loose association of members who work together to achieve a common goal.  Now Plarium has given us a central government building which demands "taxes" and provides nothing in return. The tools and medals just flow directly from Plarium Coalition Tournaments to the Capital coffers without even passing through individual players, unless you are stupid enough to spend your Drachmas on buying them...

To make things worse it's another of those static features that only interacts with the Hegemon with no control or functionality to make the individual players involved in it.  I looked through the Coalition achievement board a couple of times when I started playing the game to see what I could use it for or how it interacted with my game but since have been playing as if it didn't exist.  The Coalition Capital revealed its empty hollowness on my first visit so I will not worry about it either.  A large hole in the ground with a blinking sign saying: "Throw your Drachmas in here for amazing prizes and total fulfillment!". I am not even sure my coalition Hegemon cares about it... It took him two weeks to even activate the feature and so far he hasn't given it a name.  First players sent lots of troops to defend it but as no attacks came they withdrew most of them so it sits pretty much undefended gathering dust.

My suggestion is to delete the Capitals and invest the development effort in something that increases game dynamics and gives individual players more control. Small features that alter the game for every player are 1000 times more interesting than "colossal features" that just sit there and do nothing.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 28, 2016, 08:4604/28/16
09/17/15
Coalition Capitals won't be deleted. It's a new feature, so give it a chance. Maybe your Coalition will find the best way to use it in the future. For example, how about the bonuses it gives?
Apr 28, 2016, 10:0504/28/16
09/19/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Coalition Capitals won't be deleted. It's a new feature, so give it a chance. Maybe your Coalition will find the best way to use it in the future. For example, how about the bonuses it gives?
If you can kindly respond to the first message in this thread ? Your answer is not for original question
Apr 28, 2016, 21:4104/28/16
02/25/16
Alyona,

While I understand that the feature is new and that Plarium won't abandon it (yet), I still stand by my opinion that it is a totally lame duck.  What about the bonuses it provides, you ask? Wow, I think every Sparta player lays awake at night dreaming of those bonuses...

It has the same function as elixirs, dominion levels and unit upgrades that have been around forever. It is repackaged as a feature that is outside the individual player's control but that they have to contribute hard Drachmas to? Nobody gets excited about spending their Drachmas to upgrade from 2% to 3% bonus on heavy infantry defense... would you?

The latest PVP tournament rewards are mostly tools and medals "for the capital". As a result - in my coalition - PVP activity is practically ZERO.  Everybody just puts in their 100-point effort to get their Drachma share.  Lowest participation rate that I have ever seen.

It must be hard having to put a positive spin on such an obvious failure.  I do not envy your job.

Apr 29, 2016, 09:5304/29/16
09/17/15
Gorgo said:

If you can kindly respond to the first message in this thread ? Your answer is not for original question
My bad. We will add the opportunity to contribute, but it will be limited. This feature could be abused by alts which receive about 500 Drachmas only for Tutorial quests, so there will be some limitations (min. amounts). 
Apr 29, 2016, 09:5504/29/16
09/17/15
boisdejustice said:

Alyona,

While I understand that the feature is new and that Plarium won't abandon it (yet), I still stand by my opinion that it is a totally lame duck.  What about the bonuses it provides, you ask? Wow, I think every Sparta player lays awake at night dreaming of those bonuses...

It has the same function as elixirs, dominion levels and unit upgrades that have been around forever. It is repackaged as a feature that is outside the individual player's control but that they have to contribute hard Drachmas to? Nobody gets excited about spending their Drachmas to upgrade from 2% to 3% bonus on heavy infantry defense... would you?

The latest PVP tournament rewards are mostly tools and medals "for the capital". As a result - in my coalition - PVP activity is practically ZERO.  Everybody just puts in their 100-point effort to get their Drachma share.  Lowest participation rate that I have ever seen.

It must be hard having to put a positive spin on such an obvious failure.  I do not envy your job.

I've got your point, but you can also earn necessary Resources in Coalition Missions. Of course it will take some time, but it's possible, right?
May 23, 2016, 17:4005/23/16
11/05/15
we love our capitol, already giving us a bigger bonus than our pans did! 
May 24, 2016, 06:0905/24/16
May 24, 2016, 06:10(edited)
08/25/14

Do the bonuses really work ?

Because the grain consumption reduction doesn't at all.

Has anybody had the opportunity to evaluate the other bonuses actual effects ?

May 24, 2016, 11:3905/24/16
May 25, 2016, 09:13(edited)
09/17/15
ThatBloke said:

Do the bonuses really work ?

Because the grain consumption reduction doesn't at all.

Has anybody had the opportunity to evaluate the other bonuses actual effects ?

The bonuses do work, and so does the Grain Consumption Reduction (it just reduces the % of the current Consumption). 
May 24, 2016, 13:4105/24/16
08/25/14

OK !

So it's a reduction of the already reduced consumption, unlike all other existing features.

Thanks !

What about the suspected bug past level 3, that was said to raise consumption ?

Was it only a problem with the values indicated in the units descriptions ?

Currently, our coalition has researched this skill to level 3, meaning my consumtion should be redcued by 3% (which I admit isn't much).

But the individual units consumption is currently displaying 0.00, meaning the capital reduction is just substracted to the existing 3% of the base consumption, resulting from the temple of Demeter and academy.

So it's a bug in the display in units statistics.

Would it be possible to fix it so it would display the correct values, please ? :)

For instance, before we built the capital, my indivudual consumption for a horse was 4 x 3% = 0.12

After raising the skill to level 1, it was displaying 4 x (3-1)% = 0.08, instead of still 0.12 (0.12 - 1% = 0.1188, rounded up to 0.12)

After raising the skill to level 2, it was displaying 4 x (3-2)% = 0.04, instead of still 0.12 (0.12 - 2% = 0.1176, rounded up to 0.12)

Now we've raising the skill to level 3, it's displaying 4 x (3-3)% = 0.00, instead of still 0.12 (0.12 - 3% = 0.1164, rounded up to 0.12)

People having raised up past level 3 are reporting the displayed consumption is raising again (withotu showing the minus sign, i.e displaying 0.04 for level 4, probably standing for -0.04), while the correct value should be 0.12 (0.12 - 4% = 0.1152, sounded up to 0.12).

Same for level 5 that should display 0,11 (0.12 - 5% = 0.114, rounded down to 0.11) and is currently displaying 0.08.

Would you please inform he staff about this display bug ?

It would greatly reduce complaints. ^^

May 24, 2016, 21:3405/24/16
02/25/16

So basically a 10% consumption reduction gained through upgrading the Capital TEN levels and then bringing up the individual discipline to 10% in 20 long steps has less effect than a single 3% reduction step from 65% to 68% through one level upgrade of the Eleusis temple...

Seems that the Capital is vastly overrated... I assume the other discipline improvements work the same way?
May 25, 2016, 09:3105/25/16
09/17/15
ThatBloke said:

OK !

So it's a reduction of the already reduced consumption, unlike all other existing features.

Thanks !

Currently, our coalition has researched this skill to level 3, meaning my consumtion should be redcued by 3% (which I admit isn't much).

But the individual units consumption is currently displaying 0.00, meaning the capital reduction is just substracted to the existing 3% of the base consumption, resulting from the temple of Demeter and academy.

Would it be possible to fix it so it would display the correct values, please ? :)

For instance, before we built the capital, my indivudual consumption for a horse was 4 x 3% = 0.12

After raising the skill to level 1, it was displaying 4 x (3-1)% = 0.08, instead of still 0.12 (0.12 - 1% = 0.1188, rounded up to 0.12)

After raising the skill to level 2, it was displaying 4 x (3-2)% = 0.04, instead of still 0.12 (0.12 - 2% = 0.1176, rounded up to 0.12)

Now we've raising the skill to level 3, it's displaying 4 x (3-3)% = 0.00, instead of still 0.12 (0.12 - 3% = 0.1164, rounded up to 0.12)

People having raised up past level 3 are reporting the displayed consumption is raising again (withotu showing the minus sign, i.e displaying 0.04 for level 4, probably standing for -0.04), while the correct value should be 0.12 (0.12 - 4% = 0.1152, sounded up to 0.12).

Same for level 5 that should display 0,11 (0.12 - 5% = 0.114, rounded down to 0.11) and is currently displaying 0.08.

Could you please report it to our Support Team? We need to test and verify the bug first. 
May 26, 2016, 07:0205/26/16
08/25/14

boisdejustice said:

So basically a 10% consumption reduction gained through upgrading the Capital TEN levels and then bringing up the individual discipline to 10% in 20 long steps has less effect than a single 3% reduction step from 65% to 68% through one level upgrade of the Eleusis temple...

Seems that the Capital is vastly overrated... I assume the other discipline improvements work the same way?

Well, it's an additional bonus. It doesn't remove anything from what you could get already from your individual city.

Besides, It may feel like a very small enhancement because your consumption is reduced by 97% already if your temple of Demeter is raised to level 20 and your academy skill to level 80 already.

However, it does give much better advantages to beginners who have none of these.

If your capital skill is raised to level 10, the 10% bonus they get will still lower their consumption by 10%, but the difference with a full grown up player is their cavalry consumption will drop from 4 to 3.6, giving them an actual 0.4 grain per hour bonus per horse, while a fully upgraded veteran player will only get a 0.012 grain per hour reduction... :p

So upgrading the capital and skills is more interesting for starters and low level players coalitions. It's also a collective effort whose results will benefit to the weakest players first.

I don't think the idea is that bad. Lots of new coltions can't get a pantheon immdaitely, but the capital is a better compensation for them than for older coalitions, which is a good thing.

But maybe the percentage could be raised (like 2% to 5% per level ?) so they give a better advantage, as I admit it's not huge... ^^

Maybe a future rebalancing adjustment that could be brought ? :)

it would never been exaggeratingly huge anywyay, as the more players grow individually using their temple and academy, the less efficient this bonus will still be for them anyway.

It would be nice if we could open a serious discussion about these with Plarium, please.

May 26, 2016, 07:0405/26/16
08/25/14

ThatBloke said:

OK !

Thanks !

Could you please report it to our Support Team? We need to test and verify the bug first. 

OK.

It's actually a follower to the other post where people said their consumption was increasing instead of decreasing past level 3, and that should have be reported already.

Now I'm sure they've just been tricked by the way it's displayed in units descriptions, but they didn't suffer an actual increase.

I'll open a ticket.

May 26, 2016, 10:0105/26/16
09/17/15

The less is your current reduction %, the more profit you will get from the Capital 

Such numbers were set for a reason, so I doubt that they will be changed.

And thank you for contacting our Support Team. I hope they will investigate it soon.
May 27, 2016, 21:0305/27/16
02/25/16

The players who control the Capital are typically the top players in the coalition who do not benefit much from it and therefore don't care very much.  The low level players that "benefit the most" from the capital improvements have no control over it and are typically unaware of the finer points of their unit stats since they are "newbies". 

But most players won't even notice the difference that elixirs or capital bonuses make in their combat stats.  It's more of a statistic result that plays out over the long term.  In one battle it will barely be noticeable. Hard to make people excited about an increase from a 3.5% offensive bonus to 4%.

As an analogy, you watch a baseball game to see home runs, strikeouts, steals and spectacular fielding plays not to see if a player can increase his batting average from 0.282 to 0.283

The Capital is boring.  It doesn't exist unless it provides tangible visible benefits.  Instead of these microscopic statistical benefits it could send out reinforcements, resources & Drachmas to all coalition players.  Improvements could lead to increased rates of benefits or higher benefits.

For example level 1 military benefit could be the award of one javelin/24 hours to each coalition player.  Level 2 could reduce the interval to 20 hours etc.  other upgrades could change unit type to more potent ones.  Receiving a stream of units/resources/Drachma from the capital would be much more tangible in the average player's eyes than these mind-numbing % increases.

A link could be made between benefits and the number of troops defending the capital which would additionally make players interested in contributing to it. If at level 6 you see 6K free bronze arriving every day and the capital gets attacked and downgraded EVERY PLAYER WILL notice when only 5K arrive the next day...

As it is the capital is one big yawn.
May 29, 2016, 23:0205/29/16

yes, the capitol is useless, no need to visit it at all even.

i like boisdejustice ideas. Besides that i think u can transform the capital in an information hub that coalition members visit daily.

As example: the capitol could show all members who are being sieged, raided and such battle information. So other members can keep better track of whats going on with their allies. i know some hegemon use scout reinforcement to check whats going on and who is getting attacked. i think the capitol would be an ideal place where hegemon and members come together to view the battlefield. The capitol is connected to every member and thus should be the place to be. Besides that the capitol should also display statistics of top member who are being active. Such as top 10 members who liberated and broken sieges. Raiding stats of top raiders of the coal. Resources shared with allies. And many more intresting facts that can be checked by everyone and maybe even small rewards can be tied to this so active people get some reward from the capitol for their contribution in making the coal stronger. Sadly not playing the game and being afk producing units, yields more power then actually playing the game. Maybe the capitol can help in creating a more productive environment where active players, actually benefit then not playing the game at all. I think the capitol can be turned in an awesome feature by actually having reasons to visit it and for it to be usefull it must impact the individual player.

May 30, 2016, 10:2105/30/16
09/17/15
I like your suggestion. And our developers are already working on something similar. However, it will be implemented a bit differently 
May 31, 2016, 08:3105/31/16
May 31, 2016, 08:33(edited)
08/25/14

@ Boisdejustice, I agree the capital benefits more to beginners who have not develloped their academy and temple of Demeter yet.

But for once this means even starters coaltions can get advantages that are available to everybody, whetever their power or development level.

Of course, theses advantages will decrease in importance as they progress in the game and develop the other abilities, but at least that's something that was made for them.