Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Sep 5, 2017, 06:3309/05/17
08/13/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

d3vnul said:

I noticed that for VIP players , you are sometimes asked to vote in-game for how you rate the support from your VIP agent.

How about you make a similar option for various changes of the game , directly in the game , don't expect much players to come in the forums to shout their votes/opinions, make it easier.
Hi! It's interesting, but I don't think players will be happy with a pop-up window popping up each time they want to interact with a new feature. We have a forum for sharing your feedback, and I think this channel works perfectly.

No Alyona. With respect, suggestions aren't posted here to get a response to your personal thoughts. Please pass the suggestion to your developers. 

The format of the feedback doesn't have to be in the form of an annoying pop-up window (or an additional one). One option is to include an additional button to click on an existing window that already pops up, for example, on the news window, include a button to click that will take you to a different window which will allow you to rate features in the game. This way, there is no additional / unwanted pop-up window for players.

The forum feedback is almost always biased. The greater majority of players who comment on a forum are very unhappy with something. You miss out on valuable other feedback, for example:

1: Don't like the change. (This is 99% of the feedback that you see on the forums.)

2: Don't care about the change. 

3: It's okay.

4: Love the change.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Sep 5, 2017, 09:1909/05/17
Sep 5, 2017, 09:24(edited)
09/17/15
Ashu said:

Ashu said:

Add a filter in the 'port' to show offers which only 'I'(Means the player) can accept.
I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Do you mean a filter to show the offers that you can accept, or that are created for you? We don't have a possibility to create an offer for a certain player, that's why I'm asking.

A filter to show the offers that I can accept.

For example, the size of my galleys is 31k. Then when I turn on the filter, all those trade offers that demand more than my galleys capacity would not be shown.
I see. I'm not sure if it's technically applicable since all players have a different number of Galleys and their Capacity, but it's worth passing further. Could you please illustrate it with a screenshot? Where would you like us to place this option?
Sep 5, 2017, 09:2509/05/17
09/17/15
RIX said:

-Bring back the Pumpkin city this October

-Introduce Holloween decor for a limited time

- Create a couple new cities
Can't promise you that :)
Sep 5, 2017, 09:2809/05/17
09/17/15
tsunwu85rsa said:

d3vnul said:

I noticed that for VIP players , you are sometimes asked to vote in-game for how you rate the support from your VIP agent.

How about you make a similar option for various changes of the game , directly in the game , don't expect much players to come in the forums to shout their votes/opinions, make it easier.
Hi! It's interesting, but I don't think players will be happy with a pop-up window popping up each time they want to interact with a new feature. We have a forum for sharing your feedback, and I think this channel works perfectly.

No Alyona. With respect, suggestions aren't posted here to get a response to your personal thoughts. Please pass the suggestion to your developers. 

The format of the feedback doesn't have to be in the form of an annoying pop-up window (or an additional one). One option is to include an additional button to click on an existing window that already pops up, for example, on the news window, include a button to click that will take you to a different window which will allow you to rate features in the game. This way, there is no additional / unwanted pop-up window for players.

The forum feedback is almost always biased. The greater majority of players who comment on a forum are very unhappy with something. You miss out on valuable other feedback, for example:

1: Don't like the change. (This is 99% of the feedback that you see on the forums.)

2: Don't care about the change. 

3: It's okay.

4: Love the change.

News section doesn't have UI space for such votes. It only leads you to the Forum where you can leave your feedback. So this new thing would require a new pop-up window. 
Sep 5, 2017, 13:3309/05/17
Sep 5, 2017, 13:41(edited)
08/13/16

So I suggest you raise it with developers. I am not saying that the forum isn't valuable, especially for things like suggestions which you cannot categorize into something like 1-4 that I illustrated above.

In response to your comment: How often do new updates come out ... ? It is hardly going to annoy people to click a few buttons to provide feedback on changes ... In fact, I believe players will be over the moon happy when they get an update, and providing feedback with a few clicks is unlikely to be a problem. I find it hard to believe that the developers of the game will not want the feedback. Again, like I said, a forum is a very poor form of feedback because it is biased. For example, I actually think that the overall feedback from the player base on the coalition mission changes, is actually positive ... but who knows for sure, without a proper feedback system?

Also, it doesn't have to be in the form of a pop-up ... Why not just create a button somewhere (out of the way) that players can click and THEN it pops something up in the form of a feedback interface.

There are many ways to get around any kind of issues here (like pop-ups ...), and there are many ways it can be implemented. All I'm saying, is the idea is great, for the reasons I gave.
Sep 5, 2017, 15:2309/05/17
11/24/15

I see. I'm not sure if it's technically applicable since all players have a different number of Galleys and their Capacity, but it's worth passing further. Could you please illustrate it with a screenshot? Where would you like us to place this option?

As you can see I can only accept one offer in this page. I would like to see only those offers which I can accept.

Sep 6, 2017, 10:0309/06/17
09/17/15

tsunwu85rsa said:

So I suggest you raise it with developers. I am not saying that the forum isn't valuable, especially for things like suggestions which you cannot categorize into something like 1-4 that I illustrated above.

In response to your comment: How often do new updates come out ... ? It is hardly going to annoy people to click a few buttons to provide feedback on changes ... In fact, I believe players will be over the moon happy when they get an update, and providing feedback with a few clicks is unlikely to be a problem. I find it hard to believe that the developers of the game will not want the feedback. Again, like I said, a forum is a very poor form of feedback because it is biased. For example, I actually think that the overall feedback from the player base on the coalition mission changes, is actually positive ... but who knows for sure, without a proper feedback system?

Also, it doesn't have to be in the form of a pop-up ... Why not just create a button somewhere (out of the way) that players can click and THEN it pops something up in the form of a feedback interface.

There are many ways to get around any kind of issues here (like pop-ups ...), and there are many ways it can be implemented. All I'm saying, is the idea is great, for the reasons I gave.

And what about the quality of feedback? Whenever players are unhappy, we ask them to specify what exactly they don't like, and how would they like us to fix it. Without this information any negative feedback is pointless. Our devs always ask us: "ok, you said we have 90% negative feedback. What exactly are they complaining about?"

When we collect feedback from Forum, we can see the whole picture and pass the info to devs. If you just vote like

:) :| :( 

it won't give us any valuable info, and it doesn't give any constructive feedback. if we include a field to write text comments there (which is unlikely to happen due to technical complexity), it would be the same as you've followed a link from the News to Forum and left your feedback there.
Sep 6, 2017, 10:0309/06/17
09/17/15
Ashu said:

As you can see I can only accept one offer in this page. I would like to see only those offers which I can accept.

Passing it to devs, thank you
Sep 6, 2017, 12:4509/06/17
Sep 6, 2017, 12:46(edited)
11/24/15

Thank you very much.

Sep 7, 2017, 09:2409/07/17
09/17/15
Ashu said:

Thank you very much.

np :)
Sep 13, 2017, 14:5309/13/17
08/21/14

Alyona,i have suggestion:

could you change back activation for personal events,players to be able to activate personal event when they want?

there is many reasons why it is not good if they activate by them self's(automatic)

Tonaya
Sep 13, 2017, 19:2409/13/17
03/28/16
is it possible to develop a reward for sending resources to help fellow players?
Sep 14, 2017, 08:3509/14/17
09/17/15
Tonaya said:

Alyona,i have suggestion:

could you change back activation for personal events,players to be able to activate personal event when they want?

there is many reasons why it is not good if they activate by them self's(automatic)

Tonaya
No, Tonaya, I can't. This change was planned long time ago :) We had a bug related o this feature, so we had to change how Personal events activate in order to fix it.
Sep 19, 2017, 12:0309/19/17

I had something Annoying today, and maybe this is simple to implement.

Today the servers went down ( at least the new server 3). Right after my offensive units game back to my city, I was unable to safe them into my acropolis, since the server did no longer respond.

About 20 minutes later when I managed to refresh and login, I had to find my city being attacked and most of my units in the city being destroyed. As far as I can see, this was no my mistake, but the failing of the server.

So my suggestion: if an unannounced server down occurs, would it be possible that all units in cities are automatically moved into the acropolis?

As you can understand, I'm pretty frustrated about losing many of my units (the person that attacked my city did about 5 attacks(4 pa's) in a row, before I was able to log back in and defend) as a result of system failure..  
MariusAdmin
Sep 19, 2017, 12:2809/19/17
09/04/17

hyiper01 said:

Today the servers went down ( at least the new server 3). Right after my offensive units game back to my city, I was unable to safe them into my acropolis, since the server did no longer respond.

About 20 minutes later when I managed to refresh and login, I had to find my city being attacked and most of my units in the city being destroyed. As far as I can see, this was no my mistake, but the failing of the server.

So my suggestion: if an unannounced server down occurs, would it be possible that all units in cities are automatically moved into the acropolis?

As you can understand, I'm pretty frustrated about losing many of my units (the person that attacked my city did about 5 attacks(4 pa's) in a row, before I was able to log back in and defend) as a result of system failure..  

If a server goes down without prior announcement, there is already something that is not working properly. So I can see a list of potential technical issues that could happen if a mechanism to automatically withdraw all troops to the Acropolis is implemented. In your case I would suggest contacting Support (follow this link: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and explain your situation to them. They will investigate and hopefully be able to help you!

Sep 20, 2017, 05:2309/20/17
Dimitri Molchanov said:

hyiper01 said:

If a server goes down without prior announcement, there is already something that is not working properly. So I can see a list of potential technical issues that could happen if a mechanism to automatically withdraw all troops to the Acropolis is implemented. In your case I would suggest contacting Support (follow this link: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and explain your situation to them. They will investigate and hopefully be able to help you!

Sep 20, 2017, 05:5909/20/17
06/14/16

Why don't we have a server where the game is played without coin ?

i'm not saying remove drachma from the game, but a server where its not possible to buy your way to the top would offer a very different experience.

MariusAdmin
Sep 20, 2017, 08:3509/20/17
09/04/17

Aldo said:

Why don't we have a server where the game is played without coin ?

i'm not saying remove drachma from the game, but a server where its not possible to buy your way to the top would offer a very different experience.

Creation of such servers is not in our plans. While in-game purchases do allow players to progress faster, it does not mean others can never match up. There will always be players who find a way to gain strength faster than others, be it through their friends and allies, making good use of Persian Positions, creating powerful Coalitions, etc. You can do all that on any of the current servers without making a single purchase.

Sep 20, 2017, 15:5909/20/17
05/10/16

Trade offers lists volume filter.

why is this filter limitting the OFFERED volume and not the wanted amounts. This way Setting a Limit results in a Long list of offers you can't take anyway. 
MariusAdmin
Sep 21, 2017, 08:0509/21/17
09/04/17

Neumann_Uwe said:

Trade offers lists volume filter.

why is this filter limitting the OFFERED volume and not the wanted amounts. This way Setting a Limit results in a Long list of offers you can't take anyway. 

Players tend to enter rather specific amounts of resources into their offers and implementing additional filters will mean that you might miss a lot of good offers. As it stands right now, you can use the "From" and "To" filters to cut out a lot of offers that cannot be accepted and narrow your search enough for it to be manageable.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.