Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jun 20, 2017, 19:5606/20/17
Jun 20, 2017, 19:58(edited)
10/15/15

suggestion

Capital and pantheon tournaments that operate by leagues depending on the position held by the coalition and that a superior league can not attack a lower league but IF a lower league can attack a higher league

sugerencia

Los torneos de capitales y panteones que funcionen por ligas dependiendo del puesto que ocupa la coalicion y que una liga superior no pueda atacar a una liga inferior pero SI que una liga inferior pueda atacar a una liga superior

Jun 23, 2017, 11:3906/23/17
06/02/17

Hi

I suggest that new players have 1 pool of fate or fidelity in his market in order to relocate free once.

I'm at the limit of the map, there is no players on my right side so it is hard to find targets; I'm lvl 45
Jun 23, 2017, 17:3306/23/17

Jack O'Hara said:

Hi

I suggest that new players have 1 pool of fate or fidelity in his market in order to relocate free once.

I'm at the limit of the map, there is no players on my right side so it is hard to find targets; I'm lvl 45

I'd add two more possible reasons for considering this:

1. I've heard of multiple newer players who get thrown in hornet's nests and sometimes find it very difficult to defend themselves against multiple stronger neighbours where everyone has a history with everyone else, and ...
  2. a percentage of players join in response to family and friends recruitment efforts and are usually keen on moving close to these players.

Perhaps it would be possible to include the odd Pool of Fidelity as a reward when players reach a round level upgrade (30, 35, 40, ... or is this already the case, I simply can't recall), that way there is less danger that new players "waste" their pool early, not yet knowing that this is a valuable option to keep in storage until it is really needed.

m2cw
P.

Jun 26, 2017, 23:5306/26/17
03/28/16
limit the number of cities that a player can besiege to three to open more resources to all players.
Jun 30, 2017, 12:2906/30/17
01/27/15

Suggestion:

A tab in the embassy that makes troop movement much easier. For example: You can shift vetted troops from pantheons straight to capital rather than recall them home then send them to the capital and vice versa of course.

It should allow you to view troops in every pan you have and the option to add troops, move them around and recall them.
Jul 1, 2017, 11:5307/01/17

RIX said:

Suggestion:

A tab in the embassy that makes troop movement much easier. For example: You can shift vetted troops from pantheons straight to capital rather than recall them home then send them to the capital and vice versa of course.

It should allow you to view troops in every pan you have and the option to add troops, move them around and recall them.

Generally, I agree that there's a lot that could be done to make troop movement, as well as related functionality, more conducive to raising the value of tactics and strategy. My personal pet peeve is the inability to group troops so that they can be selected more quickly instead of having to tediously rechoose dozens of troop types every time one wants to send them on some mission.

I agree with all of your suggestions but at the same time I'm afraid they won't be implemented, along with so many others. IMO, in most games purporting to have strategic and tactical components (and that does not only apply to Plarium but very generally), most game foundries have opted for the dumbing down approach in which troop count will always trump tactical deployments, assuming (perhaps rightly) that the need to attract the first M's in MMOs can only be done by making the game simpler.

m2cw
P.

Jul 1, 2017, 15:0107/01/17
01/27/15
The Irate Penguin said:

RIX said:

Suggestion:

Generally, I agree that there's a lot that could be done to make troop movement, as well as related functionality, more conducive to raising the value of tactics and strategy. My personal pet peeve is the inability to group troops so that they can be selected more quickly instead of having to tediously rechoose dozens of troop types every time one wants to send them on some mission.

I agree with all of your suggestions but at the same time I'm afraid they won't be implemented, along with so many others. IMO, in most games purporting to have strategic and tactical components (and that does not only apply to Plarium but very generally), most game foundries have opted for the dumbing down approach in which troop count will always trump tactical deployments, assuming (perhaps rightly) that the need to attract the first M's in MMOs can only be done by making the game simpler.

m2cw
P.

Good points ;)
Jul 1, 2017, 15:0307/01/17
01/27/15

Suggestion number 1,867,373:

Allow all coalition members to buy however many medals they want in the capital rather than force one member only to do this.  So if you need 8000 medals, everyone can contribute towards that goal at anytime.

150,000 drachma from one player to buy medals is rediculous
Jul 1, 2017, 16:5407/01/17
02/27/17

Provide a warning message if one attempts to use offensive units on a defensive position, and vice versa.

I'm one of the old farts here, and at least once every couple of weeks, I mess up and send all my offensive units to a temple, or all my defensive units to a Persian outpost, or some such. You get the idea. Result: disaster! There are warnings for other 'mistakes' (eg, sending out a champion without any of the proper units to support it), so I see no reason why this warning could not be given. Thank you.
Jul 1, 2017, 18:3507/01/17
03/28/16

Drag-Theseus said:

lhutchins1 said:

limit the number of cities that a player can besiege to three to open more resources to all players.

Then siege contest will die? guys are sieging thousand and thousand cities every week so they could be in top10 for siege weekly quest

If the contest is controlled by a few players then it is no contest it is merely a scam.

Jul 1, 2017, 19:0007/01/17
Jul 1, 2017, 19:01(edited)

Ike said:

Provide a warning message if one attempts to use offensive units on a defensive position, and vice versa.
[...]

I have to admit that I'm good with the current approach, with (costly) auto-hiders and the last four Acropolis upgrades that send builds directly to the Acropolis, there isn't all that much left that would demand a modicum of attention from the player. I would consider a suggestion to implement a large facepalm pop-up every time someone raids with defence or defends with offence :-)

I believe that would now be suggestion no.  1,867,375 :-)

Cheers
P.

Jul 1, 2017, 20:1407/01/17
02/27/17
The Irate Penguin said:

Ike said:

[...]

I have to admit that I'm good with the current approach, with (costly) auto-hiders and the last four Acropolis upgrades that send builds directly to the Acropolis, there isn't all that much left that would demand a modicum of attention from the player. I would consider a suggestion to implement a large facepalm pop-up every time someone raids with defence or defends with offence :-)

Cheers
P.

Lol, it's not the occasional wrong unit that slips in that's a problem for me, it's when I'm doing a run of off or def positions, and I click the wrong kind of position. Have a little mercy on us old folks who can easily mess up stuff like that. The game warns against a few other mistakes, why not this one? Thanks.
Jul 1, 2017, 20:5907/01/17

Ike said:

The Irate Penguin said:

Ike said:

[...]

Cheers
P.

Lol, it's not the occasional wrong unit that slips in that's a problem for me, it's when I'm doing a run of off or def positions, and I click the wrong kind of position. Have a little mercy on us old folks who can easily mess up stuff like that. The game warns against a few other mistakes, why not this one? Thanks.

I feel your pain :-)

Jul 4, 2017, 10:5407/04/17
01/27/15
The Irate Penguin said:

Cheers
P.

Yes it would! 
Jul 4, 2017, 11:2207/04/17
11/18/14
why plarium never warn players that would be a server maintenance???? is always the same and the players always lose about that!!
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 4, 2017, 12:5007/04/17
09/17/15

SPIKE said:

Suggestion:  Sell another general bundle pack. We will buy it. I play the game for the online interaction between people. I find no entertainment in fighting the persians. Those that do fight the persians have surely earned their unit strength increase. I'll gladly pay to be on the same level as them. 

Side Note:  I've read the suggestions that will not be implemented, and #44 needs to be reconsidered. (44. Notify Coalition leader about incoming new applicants. - We don’t want to spam player Diplomatic reports with the information that can be found in Embassy.) Many times, we have missed an application from decent players because there is no notification. Applicants are not patient, and they will not wait for leaders to check the embassy.

Regarding your suggestion, we have set this limit to avoid situations when some players equip faster than others and leave no chances to the rest to compete with them. Unfortunately, this limit will not be removed. Positions should be the main source of General Equipment.

As for the side note, I understand your wish, but our devs had their own reasons to declined this suggestion.
Jul 4, 2017, 12:5107/04/17
09/17/15

RIX said:

Eliminate the golden caduce in the sanctum.  Everyone has earned dozens if not hundreds of silver caduces which are pretty much useless even for those who do not coin.  most have lvl 10 or better elixers and the game has evolved enough to allow for just one.  Save the players some money this time 

Silver Caduceus were designed to be used on lower levels ;)

Jul 4, 2017, 13:4507/04/17
09/17/15
elias said:

suggestion

Capital and pantheon tournaments that operate by leagues depending on the position held by the coalition and that a superior league can not attack a lower league but IF a lower league can attack a higher league

sugerencia

Los torneos de capitales y panteones que funcionen por ligas dependiendo del puesto que ocupa la coalicion y que una liga superior no pueda atacar a una liga inferior pero SI que una liga inferior pueda atacar a una liga superior

We are still considering certail iomprovements to the Capture the Flag Tournament :)
Jul 4, 2017, 13:4807/04/17
09/17/15
Jack O'Hara said:

Hi

Thank you for your suggestion. Devs may consider it since we have this option in one of our Mobile games ;)
Jul 4, 2017, 13:4907/04/17
09/17/15
Drag-Theseus said:

Got new suggestion. Could we get back Pantheon Ugrading discount back at Wheel of Fortune.

As I can remember, before we had Pan upg discount at wheel of fortune, it was not big around 10% and 20% discount as I can remember (paying with drachma to upgrade pantheon)
Unfortunately, our impact on discounts is very limited.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.