Your suggestions

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jun 17, 2016, 21:0306/17/16
manelrferre said:

An easy to make suggestion.

Make the color background slightly different when you launch an attack, to easily diferenciate units in the City and units in the Acropillis:

Something like that:

Before:

After:

I would like also to be coloured different while sending an attack, a siege or reinforcements.
Jun 21, 2016, 09:3506/21/16
Jun 21, 2016, 10:33(edited)

I suggest adding siege attempts limit as well as raid attempts limit.

Declined. Siege can be used to get into the TOP weekly rankings. We are not planning to limit our players in this kind of activity.
Jun 21, 2016, 12:0006/21/16
Jun 22, 2016, 13:10(edited)
12/13/14

1. weekly reset time is 8:00 am London time, while it could also be weekly reset time for pp. u get +12 levels per day, it could be easily increased to +20 levels per day. that way if u r active, u would go all the way to lvl 140 in 1 week. at 8 am london time it all resets again, and u start from lvl 1 again.your bank also resets, and u start it all again as a new player. u also would get those campaign missions then. how good would u do would depend entirely on u, if u r active, do pp daily, u could end up with high score, if u r lazy- u end up with low score. would work similar to raiding, sieging rankings, which require lot's of work really. pp tourneys should be moved only to the end of the week, so players would be able to get high score.

2. pp resets after u successfully attack or defend lvl 140 pp. once it is done, u start from lvl 1 pp the next day, u also get new campaign missions and start with 0 bank, and move all the way up. in that case, u can leave +12 levels per day, and no need to move pp tourneys to the end of the week.

either way, it would be way more interesting, noobs and xp players would have the same chances and the same conditions.

3. it should be possible to trade general's items at the port, it can be class 4 legendary for another class 4 legendary limitation, or smt like that. if i have 2 legendary helmets, why should i break it instead of trading it for some other legendary item which i need.

1. Declined. We are not planning to reset your progress. However, you can receive low-level Positions if you need them.

2. Declined. See the reason above.

3. Declined. Items are your personal gain, and other players cannot benefit from your success. 

Jun 21, 2016, 23:2006/21/16
Jun 22, 2016, 13:14(edited)

Two major problems with resources: the refill speed of dead cities for wood and bronze takes too long. From what i notice, a dead city can only regain 1000-2000 wood per day. Which makes it that a city can only be raided once a week as it takes too long to refill. This is not healthy enough to sustain the players. I would like to see a city to refill in 2-3 days. This would make it more worthwhile to defend a good city for its resources for yourself and also players would be more inclined to check and attack cities.

Once a city is raided 1-2 times, it will remain in empty state almost always. If this was the design, why do bot cities exist, without these the game would be unplayable and many would quit even faster. When your a new player and u happen to be in a new area far away from the nearest botline, u are in trouble. Once u reach a higher level where u need more resources, it will be hard to find any decent city thats not raided empty. If u do not scout far enough or dont know about the botline , not finding anything worthwile will make u loose interest fast.

Problem and solutions: Another problem is almost all cities will have much larger stock of grain and this refills much faster then wood or bronze. So even when u can find a good city, u will mostly raid grain since grain will mostly be doubled then bronze and wood. This makes it even harder to raid wood and bronze even if the city has 100k+ resources, its not usefull when u only get grain out of it due to storage being imbalanced high. A fix could be to increase the wood and bronze production of dead cities so u can get a bit more wood and bronze out of them so the imbalance is less.

I believe this is a major gameplay problem that needs to be adressed. If cities become a bit more valuable then this can create more pvp. Cities with balanced storage will become valuable as u will be able to raid more bronze and wood out of these type of cities. Thus defending and attacking these will be more encouraged. Knowing that most cities are dead empty does not encourage to spy and check out as much. Keep in mind that im a massive raider and have a list of all cities in 30min around me with over 200 cities. However without the botline cities this game is unplayable. 90% of the cities i raided before will be empty when i need to raid them again. The ones that u can raid, have so much grain that u dont get enough wood and bronze out of them even if they are full.

The botline is the only reliable way of getting a decent amount of wood and bronze. Im not sure if u think this is healthy or not. Raiding active cities is not viable either since these will be empty and checking for people who are afk for a couple days can work. However if u need to check alot of cities to see whos not been playing a few days, your scouts run empty fast. So checking active players to steal their resources can only be done once and a while. I waste alot of my time to do and find my raids, i doubt most people are doing this. Anyway would be nice to hear your point of view on this matter,im not saying cities should be full very fast but the problems with imbalanced storage and the slow refill and the reason botline cities exist. Must seem some acknowledgment there is a problem.

lso with people moving near the botline, these are getting harder to find decent ones also.

May I ask you to give more details? What exactly do you propose?

Jun 22, 2016, 18:1606/22/16
Jun 23, 2016, 09:59(edited)
08/03/15

Introduce another building something like a 'sentry tower' which can view incoming spies. Though the chance of introducing something like this is extremely low for now to not :( But making a new 'sentry tower' with some other benefits apart from 'def bonus' would be a nice add since we could cover more area with towers or buildings with specific 'utilities'. Though this is not  a small thing to do and I do know it's hard to be done.

Our developers have decided not to add more new Buildings for now. However, it's possible that we will consider your idea in future.

Jun 24, 2016, 10:2106/24/16
Jun 24, 2016, 13:43(edited)

This is a generic suggestion about the user interface.     It only involves the client, i.e. it has no effect on the server.  In my opinion, the current user interface is awkward and requires too much clicking.   It doesn't look to me like it was carefully designed.  My idea is one that the current design sometimes follows, but not usually, and not consistently.   My suggestion is to make it universal and consistent.

All multipage windows should be sticky.   In other words, if you go to a window and tab over to a sub window, then go visit a city and then ask for that window to come back, it should go back to the sub window you just left.  Moreover, if you had selected some parameters on the sub window, they should be the same when you come back.

One window that already acts like this is the trade screen for the port.  If I say I am willing to give bronze to get timber, and go to another screen and then come back to the port, the window has bronze and timber selected (and is in the looking for a trade sub window, instead of the sub window that shows trade offers).   

Another window that acts like this is one that shows armies on the move.   I usually go to it to monitor outgoing raids, so I select "raids" to limit the view.  If I go to another window and come back, "raids" is still selected.

Every window should act like this.   For example, when I go to the coalition screen, it is usually because I want to look up members, but the first tab is always the generic one that gives info on the coalition.  It would be great if the second time I went to the coalition screen, it took me back to where I had been, i.e. the member list.   And it would remember that I had selected "by alphabetic order" instead of the default rank order.   Even better would be if it remembered I was on page 3 instead of page 1!    

It is probably easy to program most of this.   Certainly remembering the sub window and options is easy.   Going to page 3 might not be as easy.

Another window that needs this is the "enemies" screen, which until recently was called "to battle!"    I was not happy when the position screen got added to it.  I scout several times a day but only do positions when there is a tournament for them, and then typically go a week or two before doing them again.   But it wasn't too bad, because the "enemies" screen was sticky.  So, the first time I logged in and used the screen, I had to select that I wanted to see real targets and not Persian positions, but after that I got them right away.   However, some idiot programmer broke this!   Starting last night, every time I pop up the enemies screen, I get the Persian positions and I have to click to get the real enemies, then click to move to the page I want.  There is a lot of clicking to do very little.  And the buttons I need to click are all over the screen, so I have to move the mouse from bottom left to the top to the bottom right.  I can tell it will cause my hand to hurt in a few days.

The problem with the enemies screen is easy to fix; just put it back to what it was a day ago.   Doing this consistently throughout the game is harder.   But improving the user interface will make the game much more attractive.   This will translate into more customers and more profits.  Good user interfaces make good products!

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, there are some limitations in Flash technology which we are facing. It's hard to implement some things due to them. But we will continue working on our interface.
Jun 24, 2016, 10:3406/24/16
Jun 24, 2016, 13:44(edited)

I saw a suggestion about limiting the time of trades at http://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/suggestions-and-feedback/topics/your-suggestions-2/2/#132581/

I've played other games where a trade offer could set a limit like "trade will take no more than 2 hours".   A feature like this would make trading much more popular.   The number one reason that people do not like to trade is because they don't like to log on and find out that their ships are 5 hours out.   I see no drawbacks to a feature like this other than it is more work for programmers.

We have passed it to our developers, and they are currently considering this suggestion.

Jun 25, 2016, 21:4706/25/16
why don`t you add grain consumption to buildings, that can`t be lowed by temple of Demeter? Don`t my units eat or they only work and work and work.....
Jun 26, 2016, 13:3106/26/16
03/31/16
alexandr01 said:

manelrferre said:

An easy to make suggestion.

Make the color background slightly different when you launch an attack, to easily diferenciate units in the City and units in the Acropillis:

Something like that:

Before:

After:

I would like also to be coloured different while sending an attack, a siege or reinforcements.
Me 2
Jun 26, 2016, 13:4006/26/16
Jun 27, 2016, 13:33(edited)
03/31/16

Port the game into PC with Unity or Unreal engine so that it can be installed and played without browser.

We are considering the possibility to change the game engine, but we don't have any plans to move our games to desktop.
Jun 26, 2016, 17:1306/26/16
Dragonborn said:

Port the game into PC with Unity or Unreal engine so that it can be installed and played without browser.
this is an internet game. There is no way.
Jun 27, 2016, 10:2206/27/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14

It is impossible to defend a pan for any coalition if 10 other coalitions are attacking it simultaneously. 

If more than one coalition can attack a pan then provide us with an option so that more than one coalition can defend one and of course there could be some restrictions like for two coalition to defend a single pan,both needs to be allies etc..

Declined. Defender has enough Bonuses, and the Attacker is limited by the amount of Units he can deploy.
Jun 29, 2016, 17:4206/29/16
Jul 22, 2016, 14:07(edited)
09/28/15

1. Can we get more generals to select from? And please Plarium, stick to Greek lore--the current general art looks out of place and ruins the greek atmosphere with its fantasy look.

It's possible that we will add more in the future, but it's not in our current plans.

2. Still don't understand why there are no charriots in this game...its antiquity for God's sake, chariots dominated the battlefields.

That's a good question. But we are not planning to add more Units for now.

Jul 1, 2016, 15:1007/01/16
Jul 22, 2016, 14:12(edited)
10/13/15

Display the total amount of queued unit production time when looking at your city, instead of the specified amount for the given order (the thing that is limited to 100 for light units for example).

So if i have 2x100 javeliners  then 2x100 swords in queue, display the icon of the current unit in production, but display the total time for all units instead of just for the remainder of the current 100 javs in queue. 

I personally think this time information is more relevant and useful than the one currently displayed.

Thanks!

Isn't that what you see when you press Boost?

Jul 2, 2016, 08:0307/02/16
Jul 22, 2016, 14:13(edited)

it would be great if we could take the stuff from enemy temporary inventory by raiding them.

Declined. You can't benefit from other players' efforts.
Jul 3, 2016, 07:1407/03/16
Jul 22, 2016, 14:22(edited)
10/13/15

I like the above suggestion! Be able to plunder one random item from the temporary storage (or a percent chance of happening). The problem with that would be that it would be easily exploited to transfer items between players which in turn is something plarium does not want.

new suggestion #1:
Why did you have to put this ridiculous level requirement for new collected items? Let me paraphrase - I don't mind and it makes sense when it is with regards to higher level gear (i.e. close to your general level or close to toplvl of persian positions you have access to) - i can understand that, but when you are level 70 for example and you raid a lvl3 position, you still need to gain level 72 to be able to equip this low level item - that makes absolutely no sense from logical and honestly from gameplay POV. Only the former case could potentially motivate players to level up - which I guess is the reason why this was implemented, the latter is just poor design.

It was made to encourage players to level-up. Also, it was made to keep the game balance. High-level players should receive higher bonuses.

Solution: Keep the '+2 levels (or whatever the formula is) from your own' requirement for higher level items - maybe for the current top tier you have access to and above, and for the rest - remove it.

new suggestion #2:

Give some symbolic rewards to players, whose suggestions you have accepted and implemented, in order to stimulate critical thinking on customers' part and more proactive user base and obviously, ultimately improve and balance the game experience across the board. Doesn't have to be anything big, shouldn't be anything negligible either, but something. Up to you. 

Cheers

Thank you for this one. We will consider it.

Jul 5, 2016, 13:5907/05/16

nltn said:

I like the above suggestion! Be able to plunder one random item from the temporary storage (or a percent chance of happening). The problem with that would be that it would be easily exploited to transfer items between players which in turn is something plarium does not want.

new suggestion #1:
Why did you have to put this ridiculous level requirement for new collected items? Let me paraphrase - I don't mind and it makes sense when it is with regards to higher level gear (i.e. close to your general level or close to toplvl of persian positions you have access to) - i can understand that, but when you are level 70 for example and you raid a lvl3 position, you still need to gain level 72 to be able to equip this low level item - that makes absolutely no sense from logical and honestly from gameplay POV. Only the former case could potentially motivate players to level up - which I guess is the reason why this was implemented, the latter is just poor design.

Solution: Keep the '+2 levels (or whatever the formula is) from your own' requirement for higher level items - maybe for the current top tier you have access to and above, and for the rest - remove it.

new suggestion #2:

Give some symbolic rewards to players, whose suggestions you have accepted and implemented, in order to stimulate critical thinking on customers' part and more proactive user base and obviously, ultimately improve and balance the game experience across the board. Doesn't have to be anything big, shouldn't be anything negligible either, but something. Up to you. 

Cheers

I can`t send items to my temp. inventory, so I can`t transfer the item to city,surrounding my. I totally agree with the 2 suggestions.

Jul 5, 2016, 21:1307/05/16
Jul 9, 2016, 01:58(edited)
04/23/16
I know that you guys are not planing to create new buildings, but I have thought of a new building called the godly temple/ temple for short. Here you can sacrifice any not needed resources to gain a resource called divinity, in which you can recruit mythical units like Hydras, Minotaurs(coming with your agreement with Crete), and Centaurs. It's sort of like another Argimentarium and new Roman units. I think that you should be able to get it when you sign Athens, with the Parthenon.
Jul 10, 2016, 21:1607/10/16
Jul 22, 2016, 14:25(edited)
09/13/15

There should be more special offers or discounts for the upgrade sketches. Players who are not "money players" can only improve buildings so far (usually lvl 20). Then they need to buy upgrade sketches and/or drachmas to go to the next levels. This causes some players to lose interest in the game as they are unable to go to higher levels like other more wealthy players.

Another possibility could be to offer upgrade sketches as rewards for some events or achievements. 

Upgrade Sketches are a valuable Resource, and it'a not available in Special Offers. You can buy or get Sapphires and use them to buy some Sketches though.

Jul 11, 2016, 19:3107/11/16
12/13/14

1. plarium stops calling loosing troops in pp to be a progress.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.