This topic is closed

Your suggestions

389 Replies
mgiletly
8 November, 2016, 4:08 AM UTC

As requested...

So what are the players concerns and complaints and which changes can be made that are of actual benefit to the players; that will make things more fair and balanced in general; that will also keep the game fun, interesting and challenging; and which Plarium can make that are both cost affordable and effective for Plarium to implement into the game?

One such area, and one I would personally like to see changes made so to benefit the game, the Players and Plarium, is the issue of what all has been made available for one to buy and which drastically affects and alters game play as far as the reduced need for proper planning, diplomacy, tactics and strategy as well as balance. Among which are the number and type of various boosts with which one can now buy and use to instantly, unrealistically and magically do almost anything.

Now it has been argued that these were added to the game by both Plarium and at the requests of various Players to allow for newer and lower level Players in the game the chance to better survive against and to compete with the more experienced and higher level Players, and thus making the game supposedly more fair while also more interesting and challenging.

None of which has occurred imo and as a result has only served to further increase the imbalance in the game and between Players. As the problem in adding and making any such items available in the attempt to make things more fair and balanced for any one Player, is that all such items by default are then available to all Players.

One example of this is the 50% Off/Def instant boost for 7 days for $10.00. Which besides serving to create a totally unfair advantage for some Players and adding only further imbalance into the game, has for many Players effectively turned an otherwise Free game to play into one that requires them to now Pay to Play the game. In which to simply attempt to protect and keep what one, their fellow members and their Coa have already earned and achieved, and against every single Player and/or Coa in the game wishing to spend $10,00 on a whim and on any given day. They must themselves purchase the 50% Off/Def boost every single week and at the cost of $40 a month in order to do so.

Below are listed the existing such boosts and imo what can easily be done for the long term benefit of the Players, Plarium and the game itself.

Offense and Defense +50% boost for 7 days:

Remove it entirely from the game for the reasons given above.

City Defense +10% and 20% boost for 4 hours:

Remove them entirely or at least change so they can only be obtained as a reward from various events and missions.

Emporium Gatherer 25% and 50% boost for 24 hours:

Of no real use, value and simply occupying game space so remove them entirely.

Ghost Army 2x reported unit numbers for 8 hours or 1 day:

Of no real use, value and simply occupying game space so remove them entirely.

Experience +50% Booster for 8 or 24 hours:

Either remove them entirely or at least change so they can only be obtained as a reward from various events and missions.

Full Protection for 8 or 24 hours:

Either remove them entirely or at least change so that a Player while using and under Full Protection cannot siege, raid or liberate (attack) anyone or anything themselves.

Spy Protection for 1 or 3 days:

Either remove them entirely or at least change so that a Player while using and under Spy Protection cannot Spy/Scout) anyone or anything else themselves.

Offense Enhancer booster of 10% or 20% for 4 hours:

Either remove them entirely or at least change so they can only be obtained as a reward from various events and missions.

Defense Enhancer booster of 10% to 20% for 4 hours:

Position Discovery to uncover 20 new positions:

Remove entirely as this only benefits the experienced Persian Position Player while hurting the inexperienced Persian Position Player.

Auto Unit Hider for 4 or 8 hours:

Instant Recall:

Quests Refresher for Individual, Divine and Dominion Quests:

Grain Consumption Reduction of -25% or -50% for 1 day or 3 days:

Remove entirely.

Resource Production boosters of +25% for 1 or 3 days:

Remove entirely.

Pool of Fidelity instant and specific relocation of city:

Remove entirely.

Pool of Fate instant but random relocation of city:

Of no real use, value and simply occupying game space so remove them entirely

Coalition Capital Pool: instant relocation of capital:

Remove entirely.

Hidden Paths for boosting travel time by -25% -50%:

Remove entirely.

Universal Boosts from 1 - 30 minutes and 1 hour - 1 day:

Dominion Activators and Dominion Points:

Leave, but increase the number of Dominion Points one can earn from various and missions which has been greatly reduced.

Elixir Mystery Chests and Caduceus:

Leave, but reduce the costs of Caduceus’s as far too expensive for most Players and/or at least allow for extra Caduceus to be gifted/traded to other Players or sold.

Scroll Cypher to redistribute scroll application:

Leave, but reduce costs as too expensive for the new and inexperienced Player who needs them the most to correct allocation mistakes.

Token for upgrading Hall of Xenia:

Leave, but reduce costs to purchase as too expensive and as no one has that many friends to ask to join the game in order to do so for free.

Declined. We can't remove the Items listed above. They were developed to improve the gaming process. We are also not planning to make drastic changes to those Items mechanics or cost. This is a part of our game balance.
UTC +0:00
Kakos
8 November, 2016, 6:38 AM UTC
Is that all?? Are you sure you don't want anything else.. like an entirely different game??
Vae victis
UTC +9:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
8 November, 2016, 11:17 AM UTC
Kakos said:

Is that all?? Are you sure you don't want anything else.. like an entirely different game??

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
kentcneal
9 November, 2016, 2:26 PM UTC

I would like to see more animation. I enjoy the occasional farm windmill turning, forge smoking, sail flapping, etc. , but why not full time?  Add others like lumberyards turning and tower catapults. More eye candy please.

It's a bit complicated, because it's a browser game. But I'm sure you'll enjoy our new games (especially mobile ones). They have more animation inside ;)
UTC +4:00
Gorgo
9 November, 2016, 11:04 PM UTC

Congratz Alyona on big NO on what Mgilety said... 2 lines of text for a page of things to change...thats a record :)

I wanted to comment each line first, but then realised that the answer will be the same under each one of them.

regarding more animations game is slow now...dont make it slower please..or change platform...FLASH needs to go down the history

We're looking for a solution :)

Terminators
Qojy
10 November, 2016, 7:52 PM UTC

Declined. We can't remove the Items listed above. They were developed to improve the gaming process. We are also not planning to make drastic changes to those Items mechanics or cost. This is a part of our game balance.

Oh, because you do believe the game is balanced now ?

The game was good at the beginning, now every update is making it worse...

UTC +1:00
Tonaya
11 November, 2016, 3:19 AM UTC

i'v just saw one of my brilliant ideas are accepted and applied in the game,for troops from pantheons to go to acropolis and not into city to be slaughter,but i did ask same thing for troops from CAPITAL and you ACCEPTED it,so why you didnt applied from capital too?hope i'm not gonna wait 1 or more months for that to be applied ^^

It wasn't implemented yet.

Alyona,tell me honestly,does it feel good when you make someones wish to became true?its not too hard to be good,fair,you made Tonaya happy first time on this forum   :D   

THANK YOU ALYONA  for accepting 1 of my suggestions,looking forward to apply that for capital as well,hope to be more of those accepted suggestions

Toanaya 

elias
11 November, 2016, 11:32 AM UTC
elias said:

Buenas tardes, sobre lo que se puede comprar para equipar al general y teniendo en cuemta su precio una sugerencia : vender directamente objetos. Uno compra cofres con la duda de si el objeto que contiene estara o no repetido, esa duda hara que compren menos. Yo desde luego por esos precios no comprare asi al azar.

Saludos

Chests can be dropped. If you want to earn some Resources by selling Items, you will need to open them.

Me esprese mal.

Compras un cofre, lo habres y equipas a tu general, si compras otro cofre ¿ quien te asegura que no contiene el mismo objeto y entonces no te sirve para nada lo gastado?

SUGERENCIA :

Poner a la venta directamente los objetos en vez de los cofres.

Las llaves esta bien pues si haciendo una posicion consigues un cofre asi lo puedes habrir.

espero esta vez se me entienda y a poder ser la contestacion en español 

Buenos dias, se que prefieren las sugerencias de aquellos que se espresan en ingles y ADEMAS INVIERTEN DINERO pero esperaba por lo menos una contestacion
siempre pensando
agesofman
14 November, 2016, 10:57 PM UTC

On position raiding, it is pretty easy to make a mistake and send offensive units to defend and vica versa.

it's a pretty artificial situation in the first place - you are battling the same Persian units.

A simple oversight can result in hard won unit resources being hugely squandered.

In a similar way to the game warning you if you send champions units out to raid without their bonus troops, put up a dialogue warning box into the game if you attempt to send offensive troops to a defensive position or defensive troops to a offensive position.

I came close to just walking away from the game when it first happened to me and I suspect others will have walked.

We are planning to add a notification when you're sending the wrong type of Units.
ablazineagle
15 November, 2016, 7:40 PM UTC

how about a downloadable client for the game? its gonna reduce all the lag

Maybe one day :) But right now our games are web-based. We also have several mobile games that can be downloaded. You could try some of them ;)
UTC +4:00
masterdraggos
16 November, 2016, 2:56 PM UTC

Hi

My suggestions (keeping it short and simple):

1- Units killed in Persian Raiding to be revived for free - I raided LVL 35-39 recently and I lost thousands of light troops ... took me 2 weeks to come back ...  I am too afraid to use my heavies (which I invested a fortune in) and I am too afraid to go higher than LVL39... because I would need to use the heavies and the cost of revival is phenomenal ... the game is becoming boring without the high level raiding of the Persians

Declined. Only a certain % of Units defending your City can be revived for free.

Well at least reduce the slaughter

2- Please allow us to re-arrange the buildings in the city ... at least the special buildings ...  (not the farms or lumber for example)

Could you please give more details on that?

To rearrange buidlings from one location to the other ... for example I would like to move Temple of Demeter to another spot ... it is for aesthetics  ... not critical for game play of course ...  it would be nice to have that flexibility for the non-resource buildings at least .. would make the city look good / better

You can do that if you enter the Edit mode. http://screencast.com/t/scVYSbIKr

3- Resource production stats to show the contribution in percentage of the Phylarch activation for increase in production

Could you please explain this one, or show me on a screenshot how you'd like it to look like.

Let's take Grain Production as an Example : if you hover on the grain bar on the top left you will find for example -x% Coalition reduction / and you can find +x% Dominion bonus and so on .... if you have activated the Phylarch grain production bonus you don't see that extra percentage ...

Could you please make a screenshot while the Phylarch is active? And another screenshot of an active Phylarch. I will pass it to devs.

thanks

Draggos

UTC +7:00
patkany28
16 November, 2016, 6:34 PM UTC

Magyar nyelvű menü

UTC +8:00
Tonaya
17 November, 2016, 3:33 PM UTC

masterdraggos said:

Hi

My suggestions (keeping it short and simple):

1- Units killed in Persian Raiding to be revived for free - I raided LVL 35-39 recently and I lost thousands of light troops ... took me 2 weeks to come back ...  I am too afraid to use my heavies (which I invested a fortune in) and I am too afraid to go higher than LVL39... because I would need to use the heavies and the cost of revival is phenomenal ... the game is becoming boring without the high level raiding of the Persians

Declined. Only a certain % of Units defending your City can be revived for free.

Well at least reduce the slaughter

2- Please allow us to re-arrange the buildings in the city ... at least the special buildings ...  (not the farms or lumber for example)

Could you please give more details on that?

To rearrange buidlings from one location to the other ... for example I would like to move Temple of Demeter to another spot ... it is for aesthetics  ... not critical for game play of course ...  it would be nice to have that flexibility for the non-resource buildings at least .. would make the city look good / better

3- Resource production stats to show the contribution in percentage of the Phylarch activation for increase in production

Could you please explain this one, or show me on a screenshot how you'd like it to look like.

Let's take Grain Production as an Example : if you hover on the grain bar on the top left you will find for example -x% Coalition reduction / and you can find +x% Dominion bonus and so on .... if you have activated the Phylarch grain production bonus you don't see that extra percentage ...

thanks

Draggos

Draggos,you can move buildings in your city,you have on the right,down corner of your screen ARROW,put mouse pointer there and you'll see its EDIT button,press that EDIT button and then click on building you want to move and you'll get option MOVE,press MOVE and move building where you want,then press SAVE and thats it :)

Tonaya
morteeee
17 November, 2016, 10:47 PM UTC
thanks Tonaya, was just about to post what you have, love the fact that all help each other here and not just the Mods and Staff :D 
History is written by the victors
masterdraggos
18 November, 2016, 9:29 AM UTC
Tonaya said:

Draggos

Draggos,you can move buildings in your city,you have on the right,down corner of your screen ARROW,put mouse pointer there and you'll see its EDIT button,press that EDIT button and then click on building you want to move and you'll get option MOVE,press MOVE and move building where you want,then press SAVE and thats it :)

Tonaya
THANK YOU ... I clicked and opened my mouth in disbelief ... must have missed that one when I started playing ... thanks a million  :) 
Draconic Eruption
22 November, 2016, 4:39 AM UTC
How about for the next few tournaments that give champions on the first server, you switch them to cataphracts and war elephants? It would help people with more cavalry to get the champions without paying for the 800 - 2000 drachmas just for one unit, it would help the people who don't wish to pay to play or people who need something for their cavalry, please consider this, it would help lots.
NIKITA METEOR
Administrator
22 November, 2016, 1:45 PM UTC

mark said:

when plarium say game balance they mean profits just so the newbies understand plarium terminology

It's the Suggestions thread. Please, follow the rules and don't post off-topic comments. Thanks for understanding.

Community manager
NIKITA METEOR
Administrator
22 November, 2016, 1:47 PM UTC

Draconic Eruption said:

How about for the next few tournaments that give champions on the first server, you switch them to cataphracts and war elephants? It would help people with more cavalry to get the champions without paying for the 800 - 2000 drachmas just for one unit, it would help the people who don't wish to pay to play or people who need something for their cavalry, please consider this, it would help lots.

Hi, guys! Let me remind you that Tournament is a background event, where you can receive some extra rewards for your everyday activities. As you know we are constantly changing Tournament rewards. Don't try to adapt to the Tournament, let the Tournament adapt to you :)

Community manager
lsolway74
22 November, 2016, 10:09 PM UTC

Cut the amount of items that need drachma such as certain upgrades etc. I know Plarium want to encourage coiners and that is why they are given preferential treatment above genuine players. Do you even know that you are actively encouraging and feeding gaming addiction, which can lead to debt, job loss and the destruction of families. Do you even care? Silly question I guess. The number of people quitting the game should be a warning to Plarium, along with the negative reviews. The game glitches are atrocious and are affecting the game. it is slowing the game down to such an extent that you don't even know you've been hit until you refresh as messages are not getting through. Plarium, you really need to up your game as you are fast becoming a very poor joke. What happens when coiners finish their cities in record time, defeat every enemy available? What happens when there is nothing left to do? They will quit too. You are fast damaging your reputation and pushing loyal players away. You must be proud!

Declined. Drachmas are in-game Resource that can be earned in different events, Tournaments, TOP Rankings, Quests, etc. 
lsolway74
23 November, 2016, 9:36 PM UTC

Ditch upgrade sketches. It is practically impossible for smaller, genuine players to upgrade if they have to pay for them.

Declined. We made sure that this update will be available for all players. However, it will take some time to develop your City.
1719570 users registered; 42337 topics; 270177 posts; our newest member:Castle №1243307