"CARNEIA" - VACANCY MODE

"CARNEIA" - VACANCY MODE

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 21, 2018, 20:0411/21/18
08/23/15

"CARNEIA" - VACANCY MODE

More than a proposal, mine is a request, addressed to the moderators, on why an important function such as "Holiday mode", present in many other similar titles, is not present in SWOE. With "Vacancy Mode" obviously means that function that allows you to put your city in a state of suspension from normal gaming activities. Probably this question will have already been suggested and discussed, but having not found a topic on the matter, I would like to formulate my suggestion, and above all, understand why this has not been, or above all, not be implemented.

"VACANCY MODE": in SWOE this modality could be renamed with the name of "Carneia" or that religious festival, typical of Sparta (hence the name of this game) in which most of the activities of the polis were suspended (in particular those war) to make room for the festivities.

FUNCTIONING: to avoid that this mode can be a device to obviate reasons unrelated to that for which it was created (ie the actual impossibility of connecting to the game for a certain period of time), I propose that this involves the following functions:

- suspension of the collection of raw materials (wood, bronze and wheat);

- suspension of any form of progress concerning one's own city and its army (troop training, building construction, updating pacts and unit level);

- protection of the city from attacks coming from other players, which is accompanied by the impossibility of launching their own attacks;

- impossibility to accumulate tournament prizes or any other advantage derived from the activity of one's own league.

DURATION: from the time of activation (executable in a building, such as, for example, the Ephorate), this will remain active for a maximum of 14 days, valid for the entire year.

This mode can be interrupted and reactivated at a distance of 7 days each from the last interruption. The time that is not used is still usable (eg active mode "Carneia" - after 10 days I can connect again - I still have 4 days).

We approach Christmas parties, and, as is reasonable, many will leave for the holidays. Why leave their city at the mercy of their enemies, who, for that period of time, could repeatedly raid their city? Or why risk creating new enemies, because you do not have the timeliness to respond to an attack or a spy, thus giving the impression of not being connected, or worse, being inactive? Being part of an alloy does not protect against these risks. Which is why I find it useful to activate as soon as possible a measure similar to that proposed by me, also taking into account that we SWOE players are already penalized by not having an app (or mobile mode) that allows us to enjoy the game also away from your pc.

Thank you.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 22, 2018, 10:3211/22/18
Nov 22, 2018, 10:33(edited)
06/13/15

Archon !

Your suggestion is interesting. You have almost everything planned ! 

Will be annalyzed by our CM.

Nov 22, 2018, 13:5511/22/18
02/29/16

Yes, it's an interesting idea indeed, but there are a couple of reasons why it won't be accepted by devs:

1. It's very hard from the technical point of view and will change the game mechanics a lot. 

Devs have many other features they're working on at the moment.

2. Many offensive players will be against this feature. 

It's the point of the war game - find a moment when your enemy won't be able to reply to you and you can raid his/her City.

3. From the technical point of view, it's not possible to completely stop the activity of one City. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.