Don't Mean to Rant, but Chronicle Partiality Exists?

11 Replies
GC Alab Supreme
13 July, 2016, 12:13 PM UTC

In more recent times, whoever has been writing the chronicle, which is currently unknown to me and probably the general public, has been creating stories that seem OK but are actually a little controversial. Usually, when it comes to talk about coalitions and wars, they only get one side of the story; and that's either from forums or from big coalitions. They don't get the full sided story if its another coalition that isn't, like, top 10 or a family of the top 10 . This latest Chronicle post totally dismissed Thersites of being completely and utterly gone when they lost their pans, yet they never said Death Inc was even temporalily destroyed when they lost over 70 pantheons and they praised Death Inc completely throughout the entire post. Remember it says "its only a matter of time before the entire realm erupts in complete and total anarchy" *

As for the content itself, the writer seems to have ideas that would almost be considered partiality; whoever the person is, they are on one major coalition's side*. That means that people who don't know about the real conflict read the Chronicle and come here with something else on mine. For example, I keep seeing endless screenshots from either Lost Souls's coalition and other coalitions, the Kracken, and HOB and their other coalitions (not the NWO alliance, I mean like they became part of the family) except for things like Storm Chasers and Lyon only ONCE, I have never seen any other coalition be featured inside the Chronicle. Even with the conflict between two coalitions, I only see one major coalition.

Chronicle needs bigger staff so that more people know the real story on BOTH sides and can engage in this discussion instead of having a thread of people on both sides of the conflict arguing about what happened. For example, I see a lot of posts form people either from Death In, Theresites, or NWO.**

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, and a moderator is free to move this post, but I don't think this needs to be deleted

*As always, I am non-sided, so I don't mean to insult ANY coalition with this. Play safe

**Well people can argue that the Chronicle can only interact with big coalitions since its easier that way, or you could argue that other coalitions practically don't have business here since they weren't part of anything, but the general public should be able to participate and discuss the issue, and the Chronicle should be as it is; Spartan news with the FULL story

☪Alab ☪
UTC +0:00
Vodkaonice
14 July, 2016, 7:53 AM UTC
after reading the last few stories it gets worse every chronicle ther comes up..
UTC +1:00
Prometheus
14 July, 2016, 8:00 AM UTC

Greetings Archon,

What do you suggest? Feel free to submit your own articles 
UTC +4:00
GC Alab Supreme
14 July, 2016, 9:08 PM UTC

Oh please, with all due respect Archon, we should only do what we are best at so that we work in full collaboration within Hellas. Though I am a particularly good writer on some circumstances, writing for Plarium will not be one of them. My post is an open invitation to anyone in Greece who can write better, non-partial stories than the current writer; this isn't just suggesting to me. I am sure there are other people out there that want to add a thing or ten to the chronicle. 

Oh, and speaking of that current writer, exactly who is 'he'? I'm sure that, since he isn't working on a Plarium platform as you said, I suppose that you dont have any reason to black his name since there is, after all, free speech and we are part of the same community.
☪Alab ☪
Ahilej
1 August, 2016, 6:13 PM UTC

I was searching some info about what happened to Terminators... they lost a lot of teritory, but there isn't any story about that...

i acctually aplied to them, but i dont fit their demands, i mean i know, but would like to read something about it though...
UTC +1:00
GC Alab Supreme
1 August, 2016, 8:22 PM UTC

Ahilej, this isn't the place or time for you to talk about how to join terminators and lack of information; for that, you need to go to the Coalitions part of the forum. I mean, I get what you want; you want the Chronicle to talk more about Terminators. But this post was about partiality in the Chronicle. 

If you want, you could join ☩Terminators 300☩ if you want to join the terminators family; just talk to Redxcity and send a secured application that explains your offense and defense, why you want to join, why you think you SHOULD be considered, your past coalition history, location, attitude, and your knowledge of the game, as well as how active you are, and your willingness to be active in coalition chat (you may also want to include availability of technology, like Skype). If you still are intent on joining the full fledged parent of the family †Terminators†, then PM Dave8872 or look at their coal requirements in the Coalition tab, then clicking on their banner.

Back on topic now, ahilej's post just goes to show that not only is the Chronicle having partiality, but also lack of information on certain events. I know that you guys say "if you want a story, write it", but seriously though, if this partiality/lack of information stuff is happening at the Chronicle, then just let Plarium write the stories; after all, Plarium themselves are unbiased since it is their game. I have never seen a story on how Rancho Relaxo was taken down from 5th place to now 365th place, or terminators losing a whole lot of territory, or a simple congratulations on Union Hispartana being the first Spanish coalition to reach the top 8 in the history of Sparta! I can't write stories on my own for that; you need a controlled staff.

☪Alab ☪
RIX
31 August, 2016, 11:06 AM UTC
You take this stuff way too serious. 
A T H E N A
UTC -5:00
GC Alab Supreme
1 September, 2016, 11:47 PM UTC
Do I take it to heart? Of course not. Is it stupid and, at the time, just wanted to point it out? Yes
☪Alab ☪
Uncle Junior
5 September, 2016, 2:16 PM UTC

Chronicler is terribly one-sided and misinformed, no different then the real media.

BTW Ahilej, we gave our territory away to anyone who asked, as we consider it irrelevant at this point.
†terminators†
all_star6941
10 October, 2016, 6:02 PM UTC
Uncle Junior said:

Chronicler is terribly one-sided and misinformed, no different then the real media.

BTW Ahilej, we gave our territory away to anyone who asked, as we consider it irrelevant at this point.
 LMAO more like because it was impossible to defend all those Pans and your capital from Association ;)   have a nice day
UTC +5:00
Uncle Junior
12 October, 2016, 10:15 AM UTC
all_star6941 said:

Uncle Junior said:

LMAO more like because it was impossible to defend all those Pans and your capital from Association ;)   have a nice day
Right that's why we started giving all those pans months before the war with asso, lmfao
†terminators†
Farhan
13 October, 2016, 9:40 PM UTC

Lost souls here and I am guessing NWO are very busy at the moment to keep no 1 position. My view forum is good source share victories and if you have done good work in your coalition you can write here. My next article is coming soon. The outline is how we connect LS and IFS family together in one platform and how we organize ourselves in a better way. There is a lots hurdle when we implement the new system but finally team coming in a system. This information we will share our alliances. My above friend Supreme said We are family and I believe in him 

Have a great Day!

Farhan
UTC +4:00
1725189 users registered; 43576 topics; 271660 posts; our newest member:black heart 57