All Categories

New Position Takeover Requirements! Earn 100 Tournament Points And Get Rewarded!

New Position Takeover Requirements! Earn 100 Tournament Points And Get Rewarded!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Aug 7, 2015, 10:4508/07/15
02/02/15

Archon!

Xerxes is rejoicing at the lack of effort some Archons are putting in during Coalition Tournaments. For it appears that some Archons – presumably to spare their warriors the taste of battle – are holding back from actively participating in Coalition Tournaments, preferring to hide behind their fellow Coalition Members. I have taken measures to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

From this point forward, all Archons must individually gain at least 100 Tournament Points during Coalition Tournaments in order to share in their Coalition’s success and receive Rewards.

Actively participate in Coalition Tournaments, gain 100 Tournament Points, and receive Rewards! The experience, Archon, will be reward in itself!

Basileus Leonidas

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 7, 2015, 11:0608/07/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:06(edited)
11/05/14

you guys really try your best to get rid of your players.

the change is ok (the idea behind).

but about 1 hr before the event ends ? really ?

Aug 7, 2015, 11:1208/07/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14

agreed 

what a rip-off

never will i waste troops or time on missions that are not clearly specified

to make an announcement here but not on the  mission itself is just pathetic

that was the last straw

goodbye Sparta

too many rubbish changes and glitches 

Aug 7, 2015, 11:3608/07/15
Aug 7, 2015, 12:02(edited)
09/08/14

and yet you demand respect.

Ive never ever seen a game in my life, not only seen, heard of even. Where the rules of the tournament change before the tournament ends. Im really glad you're listening, and I am looking forward to see moderators clever response in your defense.
Aug 7, 2015, 11:4508/07/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:06(edited)
11/05/14

what a disappointment

i really think i could stop playing after this.

Aug 7, 2015, 12:1708/07/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14

in all my years online playing i never see such unprofessional attitude to the tournament players

i really become speechless with all of this...

i will say only: shame on you, really shame on you

Aug 7, 2015, 12:5808/07/15

We hold back because of your new position payout system. You must not have like the fact that people started understand the position and we could get troops without have to spend money. You continue to make it more difficult to play without money.

And please explain how you do this update within an hour of the quest finishing?????

How can you just change the rules like that?

And where are the new colonies and where is PVP?????

Aug 7, 2015, 15:0208/07/15
01/27/15
I think a coalition mission is just that the combined effort of a coalition. setting a minimum point to achieve by a player in order to get rewards is bull !!!!!!  you people are absolutely runining this game!!!!!!
Aug 7, 2015, 15:3808/07/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14

sorry guys 

plarium and this BASILEUS LEONIDAS wont care about what you have to say 

they know we will go mad and hate the game but also they know we cant do anything about it 

they made a change , basileus leonidas dont ask you to accept it he just telling you (the change has made and we don't care about your opinions ) 

KOJACK , you'r asking about the pvp sorry mate you may need to wait to the next week , is that ok ? sorry don't answer that  they wont care 

and sorry if player don't work for his coalition the work  leader of that coalition to decide what to do with him , not you loenadas 

no need to say more 

but for plarium and basileus leonadis i said thank you very much 

Aug 7, 2015, 15:5608/07/15
12/16/14

Ok what about the smaller players that only get 1 or 2 points per fight  how is it fair to them . Its going to run them off and no new players means the game dies .

I think id find a way to bring them more in the game. 

Aug 7, 2015, 16:1008/07/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:48(edited)
11/05/14

I agree completely with what everyone has said so far.

Plarium is ruining this game.

Who participates in what tournament was, and should be, in the hands of the coalition.  Their decision on which player commits and which do not.  When it is time to let a player recover and when not.

Taking this away from the coalition was an incredibly bad move.

Aug 7, 2015, 16:1108/07/15
04/06/15

Let us be clear. Nobody is being forced to do Positions. If any Archon does not want to do them, then that is his/her choice. With the old coalition missions there were members who did not contribute but who still enjoyed the rewards. This was not fair on the members who put the work in. Now the system is fair. If you want to reap the rewards then you have to do your part. If you think the rewards are not worth it or if you don't want to do positions then do nothing and you will get what you have earned....nothing.

Aug 7, 2015, 16:3108/07/15
02/05/15

Atleast Moderators should avoid open lies in a forum. In previous coalition tournaments - "one had to contribute atleast 1 point to reap the prize", it was never "all coalition member will be rewarded even if they have not contributed any point".

The new system is ridiculus, kind of dictatorship & hard & fast rules.

@ B Leonidus: In actual Sparta, though under monerchy, there was some kind of democracy & Plarium sparta is completely authoritarian under dictatorship of Leonidus, who does think of archons but $$$$$$.   
Aug 7, 2015, 16:3208/07/15
11/05/14

FASTRED thank you 

you are making every thing i said a true 

1# you'r don't care about us so please don't act caring 

2#the players who didn't do positions is our problems not yours and most of us agreed that 

3# you mad a change to event in the end no matter if that change is small or big you cant do that ( if you care for sure )

4# please don't tell us how to play our game  

we can chose who do positions and who don't have to do it in our coalition and you have no right to take this from us 
Aug 7, 2015, 17:0108/07/15
12/16/14

Like i said i have smaller players  (mainly what makes up our coal ) That did the tournament that could not get 100 points no matter how hard they try due to the low amount of points given to them for there fights . That got nothing even tho they tried . 

What about them ? 

This is not about me I can get the 100 points but I want to know what about our lvl 35s and below that have a hard time making a few points let enough 100 

Aug 7, 2015, 17:1808/07/15
07/28/15
I put a lot of effort in fighting positions. In fact I did almost all I was offered (except for 2, not enough troops in time). But I was in the 30 levels. Apart from the fact I did not know about this requirement, it was not possible for me to get 100 points. It looks like you do not want new players. Why not?
Aug 7, 2015, 17:2708/07/15
Aug 7, 2015, 18:24(edited)
09/08/14
FastReD said:

Let us be clear. Nobody is being forced to do Positions. If any Archon does not want to do them, then that is his/her choice. With the old coalition missions there were members who did not contribute but who still enjoyed the rewards. This was not fair on the members who put the work in. Now the system is fair. If you want to reap the rewards then you have to do your part. If you think the rewards are not worth it or if you don't want to do positions then do nothing and you will get what you have earned....nothing.

Let us be clear. 100 points could be difficult for a new player, if you can't understand that you shouldn't moderate the forums. Besides thats not the point. The point is You cant change the tournament rules while its in progress. I mean you can but that just makes you a liar and a cheater.
Aug 7, 2015, 18:5808/07/15
11/05/14

FastReD said:

you don't see the real picture here

base of problem is, practically last minute change of tournament rules

this game is played over different time zone and people don't hang here every second

(at least they had to eat or .., even if you don't)

Aug 7, 2015, 19:4208/07/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:53(edited)
11/05/14

well tbh 100 points isnt that much really!, to get anything like troops or other bonuses in the positioning tournament. but it was not so smart of u plarium, to anounce it right before the tournament ends. 

but ofc u guys dont want "blood suckers" since u guys want more money and activity from players in hellas of sparta. well what can i really say but shame on u, at the same time i liked the idea lol. 

but i feel bad about those new players who needs a good start. but think of it like this, its a strategic game and u need to think of what u will do to gain power.

for an example u get units by doing positioning quests, and for everyday u do it ull get stronger and more units. there for i would not complain really that much, except that their true intentions are making some money from it. i mean from that change for the positioning tournament. 

anyway i think it was a good idea at the same time it was a bad idea, to make the change, since i have never cared for that tournament.

the only tournament i have ever cared for is the pvp, i could care less of the positioning tour. since i have never done that from the start at lvl1.

i know it sux really much for some ppl but it doesnt bother me that much and it wouldnt do even if i was lvl 1 but ill admit that if u have that oppertunity well ofc i would take the free bonuses that are provided ofc 

but still i have never thought of it as im gonna wait for it till it pops up again i just dont care.....

im sry im not supporting u really well guys but im just saying what i think....

Aug 7, 2015, 22:2808/07/15
01/09/15
If I was a new player these days, I would probably just quit the game. New players have really no chance now. I also would never try to get any friends to play with all these new changes. When I started this game I loved it because Plarium didn't seem to greedy , but now its getting rediculous.  I know it's a business, but the greed is starting to get out of control.
Aug 8, 2015, 00:2808/08/15
Aug 8, 2015, 05:43(edited)
08/25/14

I agree 100 points isn't that much for an advanced player.

Actually, the lowest position I could hit would have given me over 600 points. However, I didn't have much time to play, spent too much time on the forum answering angry players, and was waiting for fodder to finish building.

I then missed the end of the tournament while struggling with the browser cache to be able to click on the divine quests icon, because it got all setup at the same time.

So in the end, I didn't participate and got nothing.

Well, actually, I can't deny it's fair : I didn't participate, so I got nothing.

However, 100 points for a beginner is almost impossible task, so maybe it's too high.

Now we still have to define "beginner". If the guy is hitting under level 10 positions, he sure won't get much points.

But when I was there, I wasn't even in a coalition... So maybe it's not really a problem ?

Actually, are you really recruting players that low ?

If so, then yes, this limit is too high.

If not, then does it really matter ?