All Categories

Get Guaranteed Rewards at Persian Positions!

Get Guaranteed Rewards at Persian Positions!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jul 17, 2015, 15:4207/17/15
Jul 17, 2015, 15:51(edited)
01/08/15

im been spending out the lower unit to finish an position untill phalanx, cavalry never meant to be use, except the loses of those gather up are total of what i must get a big reward then i start using cavalry to 1hit an position after the phalanx ran out

instead the payout never been big, it just mini reward while the loses at bank were so high, until now about 34 position been complete and yet ther eis no big payout.

it seem the persian position is reset back to 0 everyday, that why i never get any payour reward of those previous loses....the number of bank unit is more than 110% and even if there a big reward it never dcover back the total loses from this previous few day loses because i keep getting what i lose today and not the lose previous day.

that what make me so mad about this change, it been 3 day of persian and still im getting back what i lose today and never gotten back what i lose previous day

my beggining army strength was 900k offensive of agema and macedonian cavalry, 4.7m defensive of thuerephoros and mounted peltast, till today im holding 0 offensive unit and 2.1m defensive after 3 day of no big reward.

even if there big reward there no way it can reward me back an army of 900k offensive and 2.6m defensive, so where is the loses gone to???

you know it need 3000 mounted peltast to earn 2.5m defensive and there is no way it gonna happen with the screenshot im been posting, reward of 300 promachos and 300-400 mounted peltast, there no way it will reward me 2500-3000 mounted peltast value of 2.6m defensive loses and 900k offensive unit.

the purpose of this is to let you guy know, how in the world this persian position will repay me back with so large number of army at l40-60 position im facing...it impossible at all.

Jul 17, 2015, 18:1607/17/15
04/17/15

How many people have to complain until Plarium realizes that players dislike completely the changes?

Until now, 95% of the comments are unfavorable.

Players are more that dissapointed. Players are clearly angry.

Plarium, how many angry players will you need until you notice that you have make a big mistake and bring back the old system? 

Jul 17, 2015, 19:0107/17/15
12/11/14

bring back the old system plarium

Jul 18, 2015, 01:2307/18/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:46(edited)
11/05/14

I sent defensive troops to a level 99 defensive pp, the game my offense instead of my defense and kill all my offensive troops. i want my offense back. All I had was defensive persians so you have bug. I have spent a lot on this game and if you don't make this right I will quit the game. Restore my offense immediately. This is dated for tomorrow the 18th so you need to fix these bugs.

Jul 18, 2015, 04:3107/18/15
11/12/14

el_bardera said:

How many people have to complain until Plarium realizes that players dislike completely the changes?

Plarium, how many angry players will you need until you notice that you have make a big mistake and bring back the old system? 

The forum posts are not the only indicator of whether or not people like a change. In fact, the people who do like the change are busy playing positions instead of posting on the forums.

Jul 18, 2015, 04:3307/18/15
Aug 24, 2019, 12:05(edited)
09/16/14

Greetings, 

is any chance here to have a Persians positions bank reset sometimes, because if, we receive for example 1000 agema by last payout, and kill them all in another pvp quest, if no reset of pp bank, we must then produce another 1100 agema to can receive a new full reward? in this case we can leave at once the game! all loses must count to pp bank, is much fairer so!

Jul 18, 2015, 06:1207/18/15
12/11/14

No mention of removing gp from the persian mission rewards either

Jul 18, 2015, 12:4607/18/15
04/17/15

TheElitePhantom said:

el_bardera said:

The forum posts are not the only indicator of whether or not people like a change. In fact, the people who do like the change are busy playing positions instead of posting on the forums.

Are you sure? how do you know it? You dont have any clue of what the people who don't write in the forums think. You just suppose that they thing what is favourable to you (as I may suppose that they think like me) It is a very weak argument against a clear one:hundreds of complaints. I can't understand why are you ignoring this thread so arrogantly.

Jul 19, 2015, 05:3607/19/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:40(edited)
11/05/14

I've took some time to test the new system. Plarium definitely changed something else, in the calculation logic. It is not normal to have a calculated loss pool of about 80-90 mil and not get anything big trying positions 78, 79, 81, 81 , 113, 99, 98, 94, 91, 90, 97, 92 and 82 over three days. I don't care what moderators will say, i think they are being lied too as well

It is a shame, but not because things changed, which is a normal thing. The problem is you are not honest with us and explain all the changes, and let us adapt to it. Just like initially, some spent a lot of time to learn the old system, now we are back to square one

I will continue to play probably, but will not invest a single dime in it...so perhaps you could remove for me all the stupid promotion popups?

Jul 20, 2015, 16:5907/20/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:03(edited)
11/05/14

Ovidiu78 said:

I don't care what moderators will say, i think they are being lied too as well

It takes an education to fool the masses ;)

As the time has passed, I've noticed a lot of trouble with this discussion in respect to poorly defined terminology. There are references to "the Bank". Plarium says "the bank still exists", and we wait for the payout. When we speak of the 'bank', we refer to our account, not the technology behind the concept. I think we all lost our millions in our "the bank" account when we got the first small payout after the system change. Another bit of confusion stems from accounting practices. Some refer to "millions" and are referring to resource value, while others refer to combat value, which is far more units than resource value. When I refer to "a million in offense" I am talking about the combat value of the units, not the resource value that I have to compute on a spreadsheet I created to accomplish that task. A "massive" payout of 1 million resources is ~40 Agema, while 1 million combat points is ~500 Agema. So, while a million is a million, 40 is not 500. I had ~6 million (combat value) in _my_ bank account, and was working on a level 76 position which, because I _did_ know how to play positions, would have given me an even larger payout when I completed it. The system was changed before I finished the level and, I got 366 Thorokites when I finished, not even 1/2 of what is needed for the next level position. I sense that I will never get my 'original' bank value back - and here is the end : I don't play the positions any more, I don't buy units to fight the Persians any more, I don't buy units out of the infirmary to send at Xerxes any more. I am only building swordsmen to finish the last missions I have. I have stopped because I feel that I have been robbed, though it seems more like embezzlement than robbery. Plarium has surreptitiously stolen my army from me in the middle of the night. 

-Yes, I'm a bit "miffed", I spent money on this game, and I feel as though the company has robbed me of my investment. A personal investment of time, energy, and real life money.

Jul 21, 2015, 10:4707/21/15
09/08/14
TheElitePhantom said:

el_bardera said:

And the people that arent happy with the change are being hushed on the forums and have been asked to address plarium in private. While no changes have been done regarding top players requests Im not really certain how long will we stay in the game. You can speculate as much as you want that people actually do love the change, but the reality is very different. I assure you after this summer manny will never return to sparta and only because of the persian change. People said what they had to say, they were asked to stop stating their opinion and nothing has changed. Nothing else left to do but leave.
Jul 22, 2015, 01:2907/22/15
12/14/14
Bryce said:

I sent defensive troops to a level 99 defensive pp, the game my offense instead of my defense and kill all my offensive troops. i want my offense back. All I had was defensive persians so you have bug. I have spent a lot on this game and if you don't make this right I will quit the game. Restore my offense immediately. This is dated for tomorrow the 18th so you need to fix these bugs.

same shit happend to me...
Jul 22, 2015, 03:1007/22/15
11/12/14

Uncle Junior said:

And the people that arent happy with the change are being hushed on the forums and have been asked to address plarium in private. While no changes have been done regarding top players requests Im not really certain how long will we stay in the game. You can speculate as much as you want that people actually do love the change, but the reality is very different. I assure you after this summer manny will never return to sparta and only because of the persian change. People said what they had to say, they were asked to stop stating their opinion and nothing has changed. Nothing else left to do but leave.

The public discussion degenerated as people were hopping onto the bandwagon with nothing to add. Private discussions became more effective of learning what the players really wanted. 

I would be disappointed if so many players left the game before it gets better. Plarium values everybody's feedback, but it has an agenda with a long list of updates. The payouts change is only one of many to facilitate improvement. I'm sorry you choose to see it otherwise. I don't have any details, and they won't make an announcement too far in advance for various reasons, one of which is that they have a habit of cancelling things at the last minute, but I'll try to keep everybody up-to-date. 
Jul 22, 2015, 04:1307/22/15
01/08/15

I'm not supporting the game anymore, im now a walking dead, everyday login look at the left over army at acropolis directly no mood, logout and play other game.......

plarium oh plarium, you guys sure know how to throw a dead cat in a party, good bye.
Jul 22, 2015, 16:3007/22/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:07(edited)
11/05/14

PrimeGuardian said:

I'm not supporting the game anymore, im now a walking dead, everyday login look at the left over army at acropolis directly no mood, logout and play other game.......

plarium oh plarium, you guys sure know how to throw a dead cat in a party, good bye.

Dude please just quit the game and take your constant moaning with you...you whine more than my 2 year old

they've changed it, deal with it or quit

Jul 23, 2015, 09:2007/23/15
01/08/15

i will, and it not call moaning, it call informing.

there is no change from the persians position at all, still running at the guarantee reward of every complete position.

it seem you never try them out, so you don't know how ugly it was.

try spend most of you're army there and see how ugly the result is, well i have lose almost 70% of my army to the bank and havent gotten it back.

if this happen to you, see how calm you can go.
Jul 23, 2015, 16:2807/23/15
09/08/14
Georgio said:

PrimeGuardian said:

Dude please just quit the game and take your constant moaning with you...you whine more than my 2 year old

they've changed it, deal with it or quit

Thats easy to say if you havent invested any money in to the game. He has every right to complain so if YOU dont like it you can either ignore his messages or leave the forum.
Jul 23, 2015, 21:4807/23/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:52(edited)
11/05/14

hi

today i am the 80th in the top 100 in the persia position. but i will stop to play the persian position. i had loved the old persian for three raisons:

1) at low level you could transform high grain consuming troops in low grain consuming troops

2) very quickly you can transform some of your DEF in OFF and reverse without nearly any lost

3) if you play every day 12 positions, very very carefully, you can, in average, increase the strength of your army by at least 5% by week.

of course it was the 3 point the most fun.

but with new persia position algorithm the 2 and 3 are not possible anymore. i am so sure to be right that

i challenge plarium to take my count and play 12 positions by days during one week, have increase the strength of my army by 5% and go from def to off and back to def.

if plarium lose i will ask plarium to increase by 15% the number of the army  for all the win in the persia position (small and big). if i lose i will buy a very expensive deal.

do you accept the challenge...i have a very easy city..all my units are upgraded lvl 20. i have 11 M of power in troop and my lvl max in the persia position is 90.

sorry for my poor english

iac

Jul 24, 2015, 04:4407/24/15
01/08/15
don't thin just whackk them, see what happen
Jul 25, 2015, 03:1507/25/15
Jul 25, 2015, 03:23(edited)
08/25/14

Well, that was quite unexpected, but it finally came by surprise :

Of course, this happened after lots of weak partial payouts.

So I guess what was previously lost was actually stored to raise the bank, an I could modify the speadsheet so take both total losses and partial payouts in account, but I'm still really unable to guess WHEN the big payout is upposed to drop...

Remember I had a 9.5 M bank half paid back when they changed the system, then after I had finished all the pre-weakened down positions, i had spent over 20 M to get 17.5 M back.

It went the same way for another dozen of positions or so, then suddenly, this.

It may of course seem weak, but do'nt forget to add all the previous partials... I've stopped calculating (but now I will start over again from this point), but I should have lost around an additional 5 M to get these 6.8 M back, so if I add up all the losses and payouts from July 2nd (my last regular big payout), I've probably earned 5% over total investment, so it looks like it's still working the old way after all.

The real concern is it's actually unpredictable, so someone throwing horses and phalanx hoping for the jackpot may end up naked. That's why I'm building lots of infantry for Persians while building more phalanx and cavalry for PVP purposes, as you can see. :)

Actually, if there are a few phalanx on the above screen, it's only because I wanted to try a hit for the current tournament. Else I would have waited another day or two, and probably missed the tournament end.

Also note I earned a hundreths of Spartan Hoplites recently (difficult to tell if it would have been considered a partial or a big payout !) that helped me playing new Persian positions. I've lso played low level (levels 43 to 54, mostly) to easily turn infantry into cavalry and phalanx, though in reatively small quantities.

Here I've probably ben lucky. Or maybe the time was right... The problem is I just can't figure out for now ! :p