New Units might soon be appearing in your game and we want you to have a say!

34 Replies
Basileus Leonidas
6 July, 2017, 12:55 PM UTC

New Units might soon be appearing in your game and we want you to have a say. What kind of Unit characteristics are important to you? Our developers await your feedback.


Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.



War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
2
OmiNöse
6 July, 2017, 2:11 PM UTC
Of course off- units....this is a wargame
UTC +0:00
1
Bye
6 July, 2017, 2:15 PM UTC

OmiNöse said:


Of course off- units....this is a wargame

Of course dev- units....this is a wargame 

UTC +2:00
1
Ops
6 July, 2017, 9:08 PM UTC

Before you begin to think about new units, finally make a sensible combat system. For as it is now, one can forget it.

10 Agema riders destroy a complete upgraded city, applause.

100 Agema Riders vs 500 Cretan Archer, go max 5 Agema rider dead, applause

UTC +1:00
3
elias
6 July, 2017, 11:05 PM UTC

Attack or defense, speed and load capacity.

The main thing: what would be needed to sign that agreement, how many resources would need to improve the agreement and with what resources would these units be created.

En mi opinion a este juego le sobra el tener tanta variedad de tropa, ¿ para que se necesitan espadachines, hoplitas, piquero sidones y gladiadores ? al final solo se crea tropa de dos de ellos y porque los gladiadores se crean con denarios y no con recursos, si todos se crearan con recursos solo se crearia tropa de una clase. 

seria preferible poder mejorar la tropa esistente en distintos aspectos como velocidad o capacidad de carga.

siempre pensando
UTC +2:00
2
Clonday
7 July, 2017, 1:18 AM UTC

Speed and charge and defense and attack and more level to be able to improve the troops








UTC +4:00
1
lil_uzi94
7 July, 2017, 6:40 AM UTC
some sort of imbalance. every unit should be different....in terms of powerpoints per minute of production... this is not the case...makes no sense at all....or there should be some sort of lock in strategy. you either take route A or route B and it takes months to switch...atleast try to make this somewhat of a strategy game....
UTC +5:00
2
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
7 July, 2017, 8:54 AM UTC
All ideas will be gathered this evening ;)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
2
Bye
7 July, 2017, 9:05 AM UTC

I have submitted my humble ideas separately, but my earnest hope is that new units will: 

  •  add options and complexity to game strategy and battle tactics. 
  •  remedy a few shortcomings in the game, such as the (mis)use of Emporia as nothing but battlegrounds. 
  •  and NOT either (a) fill gaps between existing units (as I don't see any) nor (b) introduce ever-stronger units just for the sake of it. 

m2cw 

P.


UTC +2:00
3
Kenji
7 July, 2017, 9:32 AM UTC

I just hope that the new units have special power like the assassins.

something like it can captured troops from attack city and send them to my city to fight for me
UTC +2:00
0
Qojy
7 July, 2017, 6:34 PM UTC
Some anti political attack unit 
UTC +1:00
2
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
10 July, 2017, 9:54 AM UTC
Thanks for all of your ideas! We have passed them to our devs :) Now we'll just wait. If they decide to implement some Units from your list, you'll know it from the News ;)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
kjm
11 July, 2017, 5:23 AM UTC

Hello. Here are some ideas for new champion units. Before  I posted  on the suggestion page.

  1- Add a new Hydra champion unit. Players can use this unit for offense and defense. It can add troop bonuses like a minotaur and a manticore. Both in 1 powerful unit.

  2- Add new Demon of Hades champion units. Players can use this for offense attacks. Players can use it for a limited number of attacks. For example, Warrior Demon (2 times), Demon Warlord (5 times) and Demon of Death (10 times). When a player uses it, it can give bonuses to some offense troops, including other offense champion units. Also it can do limited offense damage like an assassin. For example, Warrior Demon 30% of assassin damage, Demon Warlord 25% of assassin damage, Demon of Death 20% of assassin damage up to some maximum number of enemy troops. Players can use Demons to attack any position -cities, emporium, capitals, pantheons, and PP.

3- Add new Pegasus champion units. Players can use this for defense. Players can use it for a limited number of times. For example, Shielded Pegasus (2 defenses), Mounted Pegasus (5 defenses) and Pegasus of Protection (10 defenses). When a player uses it, it can give bonuses to defense troops, including other defense champion units. It can also protect against a similar level Demon. For example, a Shielded Pegasus can cancel attack bonuses from a Warrior Demon, a Mounted Pegasus can cancel attacks bonuses from a Demon Warlord, a Pegasus of Protection can cancel attack bonuses from a Demon of Death. Also Pegasus champion units can do stacking defense damage. It means, the more Pegasus units players use at one place at one time, the larger the defense bonuses (%) can be. Players can use Pegasus units at any position - cities, emporium, capitals, pantheons, and PP.

**Most important is a stronger defense option. The game offense-defense ratio has some imbalance at the moment. Thank you.

UTC +9:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
11 July, 2017, 7:35 AM UTC
kjm said:

Hello. Here are some ideas for new champion units. Before  I posted  on the suggestion page.

  1- Add a new Hydra champion unit. Players can use this unit for offense and defense. It can add troop bonuses like a minotaur and a manticore. Both in 1 powerful unit.

  2- Add new Demon of Hades champion units. Players can use this for offense attacks. Players can use it for a limited number of attacks. For example, Warrior Demon (2 times), Demon Warlord (5 times) and Demon of Death (10 times). When a player uses it, it can give bonuses to some offense troops, including other offense champion units. Also it can do limited offense damage like an assassin. For example, Warrior Demon 30% of assassin damage, Demon Warlord 25% of assassin damage, Demon of Death 20% of assassin damage up to some maximum number of enemy troops. Players can use Demons to attack any position -cities, emporium, capitals, pantheons, and PP.

3- Add new Pegasus champion units. Players can use this for defense. Players can use it for a limited number of times. For example, Shielded Pegasus (2 defenses), Mounted Pegasus (5 defenses) and Pegasus of Protection (10 defenses). When a player uses it, it can give bonuses to defense troops, including other defense champion units. It can also protect against a similar level Demon. For example, a Shielded Pegasus can cancel attack bonuses from a Warrior Demon, a Mounted Pegasus can cancel attacks bonuses from a Demon Warlord, a Pegasus of Protection can cancel attack bonuses from a Demon of Death. Also Pegasus champion units can do stacking defense damage. It means, the more Pegasus units players use at one place at one time, the larger the defense bonuses (%) can be. Players can use Pegasus units at any position - cities, emporium, capitals, pantheons, and PP.

**Most important is a stronger defense option. The game offense-defense ratio has some imbalance at the moment. Thank you.

Thank you!
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
GLP
11 July, 2017, 8:00 PM UTC

Unit: Streakers

Effect: They cause intense excitement and blushing amongst troops as they race around one's own city flashing their naughty parts.

Purpose:  A bona fide way to improve troop (and player) moral.
UTC +1:00
1
GLP
11 July, 2017, 8:42 PM UTC

From a teammate: 


"One idea for troops is their effectiveness or attack/defense power would be different depending on what battle field they are on, so a specific unit may be more powerful against defending troops at a pantheon but not have the same effectiveness against cities, and vice versa,  instead of having a troop that has a basic off/def power.

if they add any more units, I agree with a few other comments about trying to bring more strategy into it and not just adding another troop with higher off power than we already have. 

Basically add more strategy and specialities. AND the biggest is something to counter assassins.

P.S. Who doesn't love streakers!"


- Colly



UTC +1:00
2
paladin
11 July, 2017, 9:45 PM UTC
Add a type of unit that costs 10k drachmas and is 100 times stronger than the highest current. Unit to be purchased at market only. Can buy maximum 1000 units per day and lasts only 3 days after purchase, if it does not die in battle, it dies anyway after 3People will buy it. Oh land fix the damn autozoom.
†terminators†
UTC +0:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
12 July, 2017, 7:49 AM UTC
GLP said:

Unit: Streakers

Effect: They cause intense excitement and blushing amongst troops as they race around one's own city flashing their naughty parts.

Purpose:  A bona fide way to improve troop (and player) moral.
I don't think it's a good idea to add streakers to the game. let's not forget that children are also allowed to play (13+) :D
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
GLP
12 July, 2017, 6:28 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

GLP said:

Unit: Streakers

Effect: They cause intense excitement and blushing amongst troops as they race around one's own city flashing their naughty parts.

Purpose:  A bona fide way to improve troop (and player) moral.
I don't think it's a good idea to add streakers to the game. let's not forget that children are also allowed to play (13+) :D
It was worth a try ;)
UTC +1:00
1
Bye
12 July, 2017, 7:27 PM UTC

GLP said:


Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


GLP said:


Unit: Streakers

Effect: They cause intense excitement and blushing amongst troops as they race around one's own city flashing their naughty parts.

Purpose:  A bona fide way to improve troop (and player) moral.
I don't think it's a good idea to add streakers to the game. let's not forget that children are also allowed to play (13+) :D
It was worth a try ;)

A streaker would elicit excitement and blushing? In Ancient Greece? He would be just one more jogger, considering Leonidas' battle attire:

The Louvre's "Léonidas aux Thermopyles" (1814), Jacques-Louis David 

Guess we should now keep our children away from museums, those cesspools of depravity ;-) Puritans :-)


BTW: reminds me of a very old joke:

"How did the old Greeks separate the men from the boys?"

"With a crowbar."

UTC +2:00
3
1783010 users registered; 48649 topics; 288120 posts; our newest member:burmahodge