May Madness PvP Championship!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
May 6, 2017, 12:1005/06/17
02/02/15

May Madness PvP Championship!

May Madness PvP Championship

Your enemies are constantly developing their Cities, trying to gain an advantage. But sometimes developing your City isn't enough. Battle other Archons to get Tournament Points. Their fear shall be your Reward! The more enemy troops you take down, the more Points you'll get. Those who succeed will get eye-popping rewards!

Should you place in the top of the Rankings, you will receive an additional prize upon Tournament completion!

Views
Comments
Comments
May 6, 2017, 13:5805/06/17
04/13/16
The prizes for  the first  heat aren't good ..so i  have to say pass for the moment 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 8, 2017, 10:3505/08/17
09/17/15
Zsolt Antal said:

The prizes for  the first  heat aren't good ..so i  have to say pass for the moment 
And what about other Heats? The harder the task, the better the reward ;)
May 8, 2017, 10:4105/08/17
09/17/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Zsolt Antal said:

And what about other Heats? The harder the task, the better the reward ;)
rewards were bad :P 
May 8, 2017, 10:4805/08/17
04/13/16

i finished heat two and three by default because my city was attacked ...:) 

but  for  heats 4 or 5   i didn't like that u had to go 5000 k for the first reward ...so i passed 4 and do only 5 k on the last because  it was also the  emporia tournament ... 

the rewards  weren't to good in raport with the troups  we had to lose to get those points :) 
May 10, 2017, 09:2105/10/17
09/17/15
Zsolt Antal said:

i finished heat two and three by default because my city was attacked ...:) 

but  for  heats 4 or 5   i didn't like that u had to go 5000 k for the first reward ...so i passed 4 and do only 5 k on the last because  it was also the  emporia tournament ... 

the rewards  weren't to good in raport with the troups  we had to lose to get those points :) 
You didn't have to lose Units to complete a Tournament. It works differently. You get extra rewards in Tournaments for your in-game activities. But Tournament rewards are not the main reason to play the game ;)
May 10, 2017, 10:1105/10/17
May 10, 2017, 10:11(edited)
03/10/15

Alyona, the rewards were ridiculous, it makes no logic to sell something big calling it madness or epic etc and then give that kind of rewards... its not the first time its said and if we dont say more often is because, noone listens. 

To put a grandious name does it not make it better....

I take advantage of your attention to suggest more medalls as reward in coalition tournaments or more coalition tournaments. because the reality of the reward is that even getting the maximum medals in them it takes 5-7 tournaments to be able to put a discipline in the capital
May 10, 2017, 23:4805/10/17
May 10, 2017, 23:50(edited)
03/10/15

As example todays coalition tournament that gives maximum 800 medals

but i need 9000 medals for the discipline....

i am not saying to give for free, but more options (coalition tournaments) to get more would be very much apreciated
May 11, 2017, 09:1105/11/17
May 11, 2017, 09:12(edited)
09/17/15
Fortuna said:

Alyona, the rewards were ridiculous, it makes no logic to sell something big calling it madness or epic etc and then give that kind of rewards... its not the first time its said and if we dont say more often is because, noone listens. 

To put a grandious name does it not make it better....

I take advantage of your attention to suggest more medalls as reward in coalition tournaments or more coalition tournaments. because the reality of the reward is that even getting the maximum medals in them it takes 5-7 tournaments to be able to put a discipline in the capital
Epic title shows that it will be hard to get a prize, so it's not a novice Tournament. 
May 11, 2017, 11:1005/11/17
03/10/15
so for more reason what i say, should not be a more relevant prize as reward in that case?
May 11, 2017, 23:4005/11/17
Your heats are a joke, 5k pvp points for 2 macedon cav is insane. Also don't give me the tired out response about the tournament being something you just do on the side cause I don't do pvp and come back home with several hundred new units but instead resources if I'm lucky. Also promoting the tournament makes it seem like you actually want us to focus on it and not treat it like a little side job. Heck, the great leader Leonidas says we get eye-popping rewards which doesn't exactly go together with something that's meant as a "little bonus for everyday activities."
May 12, 2017, 07:4505/12/17
09/17/15
Fortuna said:

so for more reason what i say, should not be a more relevant prize as reward in that case?
Compared to ordinary Tournaments - yes :) Ordinary ones give lower rewards, but it's easier to earn them. 
May 12, 2017, 08:2905/12/17
04/13/16
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Fortuna said:

Compared to ordinary Tournaments - yes :) Ordinary ones give lower rewards, but it's easier to earn them. 
Alyona in ordinary tournaments we also lose a lot  less troups to gain  those rewards ... to gain    two macedonians for example for that tournament u should lose like 100 macedonians .. if that tournament was  one in wich u can  have the x bonus from coallition maybe it was worth it 
May 15, 2017, 08:3505/15/17
09/17/15
Zsolt Antal said:

Alyona in ordinary tournaments we also lose a lot  less troups to gain  those rewards ... to gain    two macedonians for example for that tournament u should lose like 100 macedonians .. if that tournament was  one in wich u can  have the x bonus from coallition maybe it was worth it 
I've got your point. Since we have many different kinds of Tournaments, there will always be some that are more appealing than the other ones. So I guess that's normal. Just wait for the Tournament with multiplier if that's your favorite type ;)
May 15, 2017, 18:5205/15/17
May 15, 2017, 19:09(edited)
08/13/16

Players who spend lots of money on the game don't particularly care about tournament rewards - they care about 75% discount on revivals. Players who spend no money or small to moderate amounts of money tend to care about tournament rewards a lot. This is because you rely on the rewards to replenish some of your losses in PvP. Then, along with troop production and little bit of drachma, you can grow your army at a slow, but acceptable pace. If you fight without good rewards it takes too long time to rebuild your losses which puts you (temporarily) out of the game in a sense or you are forced to watch your army slowly shrink away. So, I get your point that the tournaments are meant to be a bonus to playing the game, but it isn't perceived like that by many players for that reason. Instead, it is actually a critical factor in deciding whether to fight or not. This has big implications on game activity.

I couldn't justify taking part in the May PvP because the rewards would not cover enough of my losses.

Here are a few suggestions on PvP tournaments:

1: The reward gap between 2.2x coalition multiplier and other PvP tournaments is too big. What players tend to do is wait for the 2.2x multiplier tournaments, and mostly skip the other PvP tournaments. This is not good for game activity, because those tournaments come around once every 2 weeks only. Please don't reduce the 2.2x coalition multiplier tournament's rewards, but just buff the rewards from the other PvP tournaments a little to make it a bit more feasible to lose units.

2: Why can't we have more options on what type of units we want from the tournament as rewards? Keep the value of rewards the same (on whatever value-metric you prefer), but offer greater variety to players to choose from. For example: about 80% of my stuff is phalanx ... 10% are cretan archers ... and the other 10% are things that I actually build, like swordsman and some cavalry. So, it would be very attractive if I can choose my rewards to fill the gaps I have.

If you do something about points 1 and 2 above, you may see a lot more action, and constantly, in PvP.

May 16, 2017, 11:4205/16/17
09/17/15
Hi! Unfortunately, our impact on Tournament rewards from Community side is very limited. I have passed your feedback to our developers, but I cannot guarantee any changes :)