All Categories

Collect Tournament Points and Get Glorious Rewards!

Collect Tournament Points and Get Glorious Rewards!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
May 3, 2015, 23:4805/03/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14

Basileus Leonidas said:

Archons, I went through this thread, and I am thankful to you for posting your concerns there.

Erich Bortney and Damir - you are correct, usual PvP and Global quests are replaced by the Tournaments.

In fact, this is a new modified type of the global quest. From now on there will be no separate PvPs as they will be included into the Tournaments (plus various types of missions which can run consequently or parallel).

Archon Gengske, it is harder now to get GPs, indeed. However Tournaments and events inside them will be more frequent, so you will have more chances to gain rewards, so the lack of GPs will be gradually neutralized.

I see the point you're trying to make but here is my concern as well as many other's i'm sure: Is order to get the GPS prize,you will lose troops (understandably). but the problem is, players will be losing much more troops in order to get the amount of GPS they've been getting in the past. This is a major problem for non-coiner's (like myself). I've already lost over 100k offense in the "position takeover" quest and i've only gained 30 GPS from it. Do you really think this a fair trade? I can only get 1 article for an agreement and i'm going to need to rebuild for weeks now. If anyone else has had a similar experience, please post it here. People need to see the issue in this new system.

May 5, 2015, 04:0505/05/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:41(edited)
11/05/14

Spartan206 said:

Basileus Leonidas said:

Archons, I went through this thread, and I am thankful to you for posting your concerns there.

Erich Bortney and Damir - you are correct, usual PvP and Global quests are replaced by the Tournaments.

In fact, this is a new modified type of the global quest. From now on there will be no separate PvPs as they will be included into the Tournaments (plus various types of missions which can run consequently or parallel).

Archon Gengske, it is harder now to get GPs, indeed. However Tournaments and events inside them will be more frequent, so you will have more chances to gain rewards, so the lack of GPs will be gradually neutralized.

I see the point you're trying to make but here is my concern as well as many other's i'm sure: Is order to get the GPS prize,you will lose troops (understandably). but the problem is, players will be losing much more troops in order to get the amount of GPS they've been getting in the past. This is a major problem for non-coiner's (like myself). I've already lost over 100k offense in the "position takeover" quest and i've only gained 30 GPS from it. Do you really think this a fair trade? I can only get 1 article for an agreement and i'm going to need to rebuild for weeks now. If anyone else has had a similar experience, please post it here. People need to see the issue in this new system.

New players cannot get 100 GPS from PVP or Persian Quest. Period.  They cannot buy GPS either.  The new system is better for me.  There are more scrolls offered.  More Drachma.  Less Dominion Points, but I can choose to buy Dominion Points with Drachma.  The only minus is the GPS.  I don't need a whole lot more GPS.

May 5, 2015, 13:5905/05/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:04(edited)
11/05/14

wow the words

May 15, 2015, 07:5705/15/15
08/14/14

Pls plariym bring back the PVP and Percian Global quest that is our favourit and its easy to get resorces,gps and dracmers from them this tournment is difficult to achieve desired objective and GP'S in the game so pls reconsider on bringing back the PVP quest and Global percian quest so that we can enjoy the game again

Thnaks

May 20, 2015, 14:2905/20/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:48(edited)
11/05/14

I really prefer the new system. As you said, tournaments are more often, so you win more GPs than the old quest.
And if you loose too much troups in persian, don't worry, you will bring back others in the bonus of another persian position.
Moreover you will have promachos or thureporos in tournament reward.
You just have to adapt your tactics and you will see that you will win more.

May 20, 2015, 20:1105/20/15
08/25/14

The only problem with tournaments is readability is poor.

The figures on the right part are difficult to understand, especially the large ones to the right : what do they mean ?

It really uneasy to be sure where we currently are and how many points are needed to unlock the next step.

May 20, 2015, 21:0405/20/15
Aug 26, 2019, 12:04(edited)

People need to move on and accept the new tournaments. Overall, I think they are an improvement as you get a wider range of rewards. The PvP tournament is much better as it is easier to progress compared to the 4 stages of the previous version.

With regard to readability of the scoring as mentioned by thatbloke, it is confusing at first but clearly shows your progress once you understand it. The numbers on the far right show the number of rewards left, and the scoring shows the next 3 stages you can win and the points needed for each.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.