This topic is closed

Coming Soon: New Event - Pantheon Massacre!

106 Replies
Fortuna
18 November, 2016, 3:14 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Guys, maybe you have some ideas on how to improve this event? I'd like to hear them to pass them to our devs.

sure, as the last time we gave you ideas it was so effective .... 


but here it goes.... and this is not sarcasm its real... if plarium want to get ride of all inactive players troops stationary (as that was the only objective of the event), now lets do a capital massacre :-) so that balances all, only pantheons is not fair 



Good evening infidels
UTC +0:00
Fortuna
18 November, 2016, 3:17 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:



Sure. Actually I think most of your points are correct.

1) Encourage players to work together and have big fights without fear of losing all their armies. Many players refrain from PvP to keep their armies safe. This Tournament is a good chance to have some fun while the losses are low.

2) Encourage players to fight over Pantheons. In most cases players avoid Pantheon attacks, because they can cause massive Unit losses. We give players a chance to fight for them without losing all their armies.

3) Give all Coalitions a chance to capture Pantheons if they don't have any. On some servers TOP Coalitions didn't change for a very long time. We give an opportunity to change the position of your Coalition, depose current leaders and change the global map drastically.



1 whats the point in both revive the armies? this is not farmville

2. you sure are out of touch with the server .... encourage players to fight over pantheons????? hahahaha this proves you ahve not seen the seerver for over 6 months lol (as if there was need for encouraging lol) Again i may not loose my army but my enemy also dont, so.... nothing achieve, there is no point the real reason was cleaning inactive, if you do for pantheons do it for capitals.... so that balances

3. again you are not in touch with server ... since we took down all 90 pantheons of death inc, months ago, now most of the coas have pantheons, really alyonna its dificult when you dont know how the server is doing..

the map changed drastically a long time ago...
Good evening infidels
UTC +0:00
Fortuna
18 November, 2016, 3:20 PM UTC
jgvrolijk85rsa said:


4: Put some coalitions in place for promoting that silly boycott?



if you were againts the boycot, do something yourself, dont get others to do for you :-)
Good evening infidels
UTC +0:00
bigbawz
18 November, 2016, 4:30 PM UTC
so basically alyona what you are saying here is that you did this so others could have a go at the top coalitions and take them down so what happens when you don't like those on top next time no its because a lot have stopped spending money you think lets punish them you will never admit that but that's how it seems the only winner was plarium and anyone that thinks different is deluded don't get me wrong some did take pans but for sure they will be taken back in most cases and more troops lost and more res spent and all this is to get us spending coins on revival also the best thing you can do is not reply because you are the worst type of community manager the type that comes on with a smug attitude and never gives a real answer
UTC +0:00
jgvrolijk85rsa
18 November, 2016, 5:49 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


jgvrolijk85rsa said:



Can you shed some light first on what Plarium's main intentions were with the event? For example:


1: Just a general action packed event where there are lots of BIG fights with little consequence of army loss.

2: Encourage fights at Pantheons because the view is that it is too passive there?

3: Provide opportunity of redistribution of Pantheon-power among coalitions where the view may be that there are too many coalitions without any Pantheons?

4: Put some coalitions in place for promoting that silly boycott?

I'd love to give some ideas, but I'm not sure what exactly the intentions were. Small differences there could mean one idea is much more attractive than another, assuming you want the intention/impact of the event to focus on the same thing as you originally planned.

Sure. Actually I think most of your points are correct.

1) Encourage players to work together and have big fights without fear of losing all their armies. Many players refrain from PvP to keep their armies safe. This Tournament is a good chance to have some fun while the losses are low.

2) Encourage players to fight over Pantheons. In most cases players avoid Pantheon attacks, because they can cause massive Unit losses. We give players a chance to fight for them without losing all their armies.

3) Give all Coalitions a chance to capture Pantheons if they don't have any. On some servers TOP Coalitions didn't change for a very long time. We give an opportunity to change the position of your Coalition, depose current leaders and change the global map drastically.



This was the first event of this kind, correct? I really don't see much wrong with it, except one thing perhaps: The player actions you are encouraging here seem to be quite big - even though you can revive 90% of your army at the end of the tournament, Spartan life will carry on after the tournament with consequences and you need to be prepared for those consequences too. Therefore, the main thing that did not work well in this tournament is that many coalitions did not have a lot of time to prepare for a drastic offensive strategy (as they did not expect this event), and a defensive strategy was a lot easier to adopt on the fly when this event was announced. 


Some examples to illustrate the point I am trying to make here:

* Some of a coalition's strong players just weren't around in those few days and/or had their armies stuck in PPs when they heard the event was announced and couldn't get them out in time. (Sounds like a silly example, but that can happen.)

* The coalition was never in the past willing to give up a large amount of offense troops to capture a Pantheon. Therefore, they never build much defense to hold a captured Pantheon as they didn't plan to capture one. But now, the event comes along and it is 90% free revival, and they can capture it ... but they didn't prioritise the defense because it was never planned. So now they won't capture the Pantheon anyway, because they won't be able to hold it after the tournament. So, if the coalition attacks the Pantheon, they will just make an enemy and gain nothing from it, and they rather play passive in the tournament.

* There can be many similar other scenarios to the above.

Who knows what happens now - if this type of event comes around every 6 months or so, players may actually prepare strategies for it, and we may see more fireworks. However, at the same time, I guess one also doesn't want players to only wait for this type of event before much happens at Pantheons. So, a bit of a tricky balance as I see it, but I think the above is the main reason why the action may have been less than you hoped for - the short duration of the tournament and the fact that it was unexpected which did not give enough time to build a strategy (which can take months).

UTC +7:00
Tonaya
18 November, 2016, 10:00 PM UTC

People,i dont understand how some players are so blind!!!

in last year,or more,plarium changing game from bad to worst......end i think there is no end 

Plarium want ONLY to make more MONEY,that is the only thing they care about.

Because of drachma boycott,they receiving less money then before,and its a big problem for them.

Thats why this pantheon massacre show up,90% free revive.....and WHAT ABOUT 10% you lost?You need to revive with drachmas,drachmas you can BUY with real MONEY,and that is how plarium wants as compensation for losses.

almost every day some new tournament show up.

i play this game more then 2 years,before it was pvp tournament every weekend,and pp tournament every other weekend,rewards was BIGGER,game was fun,and they started to change...everything....rewards are poor now....pp system changed few times,all changes in game is bad for players,and only good for plarium.

1.You cant play game without money now

2.You cant fight with coiner(even if you are smart and kill coiner,he just put money in game and revive troops for drachmas,and non-coiner need months to rebuild troops)

3.most important: i know almost all long time players in game,they all complained on forum for same things,plarium declined 99% of their suggestions.90% of those suggestions was good,but if suggestion dont help to plarium make more money,it is simply declined by Alyona or some other "moderator",and even if you are persistent(like me)and ask many times for something and explain why is it good for players,if Alyona or "moderators" dont know what to answer to you,then famous BALANCE came up as an answer,when i ask them what balance is that,answer is they cant told us because its plariums top secret(as pp system)

4.Alyona and "moderators" said many times after every change for pp system.....PP system is a riddle and players should discover the riddle

Why did you changed pp system if we discovered the riddle?

They called 1 bar method as cheaters and unfair way! Only thing here that is unfair way and cheaters is plariums changing game so they can only benefit,all other is not important,its not important what 2+ years players think,what they want...and its funny that almost all players asking same or similar changes,and only because plarium dont see that as a PROFIT its declined with no explanation or with famous BALANCE explanation.

Alyona,please,read and answer to me,dont  delete my post just because you dont like it.Tell me is all this what i'v just said is not truth?

ps. i dont know what is 3.15 rule and what is forbidden,i dont badmouth you or anyone here.

i have freedom of speech and i say what i dont like,and i'm not in prison and you are not my owner,you are community manager,then do your job and communicate with your dissatisfied customers and try to improve game to be better and fun like it was before

shortly: Alyona satisfy Tonaya    


Tonaya

UTC +0:00
NIKITA METEOR
Administrator
22 November, 2016, 1:38 PM UTC

Tonaya said:


1.You cant play game without money now

2.You cant fight with coiner(even if you are smart and kill coiner,he just put money in game and revive troops for drachmas,and non-coiner need months to rebuild troops)

3.most important: i know almost all long time players in game,they all complained on forum for same things,plarium declined 99% of their suggestions.90% of those suggestions was good,but if suggestion dont help to plarium make more money,it is simply declined by Alyona or some other "moderator",and even if you are persistent(like me)and ask many times for something and explain why is it good for players,if Alyona or "moderators" dont know what to answer to you,then famous BALANCE came up as an answer,when i ask them what balance is that,answer is they cant told us because its plariums top secret(as pp system)

4.Alyona and "moderators" said many times after every change for pp system.....PP system is a riddle and players should discover the riddle

Why did you changed pp system if we discovered the riddle?

They called 1 bar method as cheaters and unfair way! Only thing here that is unfair way and cheaters is plariums changing game so they can only benefit,all other is not important,its not important what 2+ years players think,what they want...and its funny that almost all players asking same or similar changes,and only because plarium dont see that as a PROFIT its declined with no explanation or with famous BALANCE explanation.

Alyona,please,read and answer to me,dont  delete my post just because you dont like it.Tell me is all this what i'v just said is not truth?

ps. i dont know what is 3.15 rule and what is forbidden,i dont badmouth you or anyone here.

i have freedom of speech and i say what i dont like,and i'm not in prison and you are not my owner,you are community manager,then do your job and communicate with your dissatisfied customers and try to improve game to be better and fun like it was before

shortly: Alyona satisfy Tonaya    


Tonaya

Hi! I will try to answer to your statements.

1. You can, as usually. If you want to get something faster, you may buy in-game currency. Otherwise you can play without any purchases.
2. You can ask your Coalition for help and together you may defeat your opponent. Use tactic, think over the strategy, in this way you will lose less, but you will make more damage to your opponent.
3. Balance is one of the things our games are based on. If we let every player implement their suggestion to the game, this will bring us to chaos. We appreciate your feedback and your ideas, and our developers make decisions that are based on it.
4. I am not sure I got that. Do you mean Position rewards? We haven't changed reward system since June. As you probably know we passed your feedback about Positions to our devs.


Community manager
UTC +2:00
elias
26 November, 2016, 5:00 PM UTC
NIKITA METEOR said:

Tonaya said:


1.You cant play game without money now

2.You cant fight with coiner(even if you are smart and kill coiner,he just put money in game and revive troops for drachmas,and non-coiner need months to rebuild troops)

3.most important: i know almost all long time players in game,they all complained on forum for same things,plarium declined 99% of their suggestions.90% of those suggestions was good,but if suggestion dont help to plarium make more money,it is simply declined by Alyona or some other "moderator",and even if you are persistent(like me)and ask many times for something and explain why is it good for players,if Alyona or "moderators" dont know what to answer to you,then famous BALANCE came up as an answer,when i ask them what balance is that,answer is they cant told us because its plariums top secret(as pp system)

4.Alyona and "moderators" said many times after every change for pp system.....PP system is a riddle and players should discover the riddle

Why did you changed pp system if we discovered the riddle?

They called 1 bar method as cheaters and unfair way! Only thing here that is unfair way and cheaters is plariums changing game so they can only benefit,all other is not important,its not important what 2+ years players think,what they want...and its funny that almost all players asking same or similar changes,and only because plarium dont see that as a PROFIT its declined with no explanation or with famous BALANCE explanation.

Alyona,please,read and answer to me,dont  delete my post just because you dont like it.Tell me is all this what i'v just said is not truth?

ps. i dont know what is 3.15 rule and what is forbidden,i dont badmouth you or anyone here.

i have freedom of speech and i say what i dont like,and i'm not in prison and you are not my owner,you are community manager,then do your job and communicate with your dissatisfied customers and try to improve game to be better and fun like it was before

shortly: Alyona satisfy Tonaya    


Tonaya

Hi! I will try to answer to your statements.

1. You can, as usually. If you want to get something faster, you may buy in-game currency. Otherwise you can play without any purchases.
2. You can ask your Coalition for help and together you may defeat your opponent. Use tactic, think over the strategy, in this way you will lose less, but you will make more damage to your opponent.
3. Balance is one of the things our games are based on. If we let every player implement their suggestion to the game, this will bring us to chaos. We appreciate your feedback and your ideas, and our developers make decisions that are based on it.
4. I am not sure I got that. Do you mean Position rewards? We haven't changed reward system since June. As you probably know we passed your feedback about Positions to our devs.


3- efectibamente esto se esta convirtiendo en un caos porque Plarium no escucha a los jugadores.
siempre pensando
UTC +2:00
gargoyle
27 November, 2016, 4:47 PM UTC
just another excuse from plarium for we don't care about your opinions just a different puppet making the quote plarium if you listen so much to players why is it you never respond to criticism only respond to those that you can quote what you have already done and you never admit that just maybe you got it wrong or admit it was simply a money making excersise at least then I would respect the honesty instead of spouting same rubbish answers all the time
gargoyle
UTC +0:00
Qojy
28 November, 2016, 4:27 PM UTC

No point in holding pantheons anymore.

Gonna remove my def

Gonna play something else ...
UTC +1:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
29 November, 2016, 10:21 AM UTC
Qojy said:

No point in holding pantheons anymore.

Why so? 90% of your losses on Pantheons can be restored for free after the event.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Xena
Moderator
29 November, 2016, 10:34 AM UTC
Don't forget you will take back 90% of the troops lost during this event! That also applies for champion units too! If you work together as a team you will be able to destroy your enemy. But it requires a group effort not solo actions! The whole game is about group effort. And yes holding pans is tough since most coalitions are going offensive and therefore they don't hold pans but pans are also giving you ranking which is very important for most of the coalitions if not all of them.
Warrior Princess
UTC +2:00
Prometheus
29 November, 2016, 1:02 PM UTC

Xena said:


Don't forget you will take back 90% of the troops lost during this event! That also applies for champion units too! If you work together as a team you will be able to destroy your enemy. But it requires a group effort not solo actions! The whole game is about group effort. And yes holding pans is tough since most coalitions are going offensive and therefore they don't hold pans but pans are also giving you ranking which is very important for most of the coalitions if not all of them.

Hello Archon!!


It seems that you love  and have big experience in the Massacre event! The community would love to see your conquests from your coal during the last event.I am sure this will make our players understanding and love it more! :)
UTC +4:00
elias
1 December, 2016, 1:22 PM UTC
Comienza el segundo evento de " masacre en panteones " A ver esta vez como va :)
siempre pensando
UTC +2:00
Neetox
1 December, 2016, 2:35 PM UTC

"The Event Of The Year Is Upon Us!

Revive 90% Of Your Fallen For FREE!

Join the Pantheon Massacre Event Now!"


Oh, how nice! Now we will have The Event of the year almost every week! Just be careful, if you were a merchant or so, and you would advertise your discounts (events) that way, I believe you would be penalized for violating the laws in many countries!


Regards, 

Neetox

UTC +0:00
Greed oft o'er reaches itself
1 December, 2016, 3:43 PM UTC

Neetox said:


"The Event Of The Year Is Upon Us!

Revive 90% Of Your Fallen For FREE!

Join the Pantheon Massacre Event Now!"


Oh, how nice! Now we will have The Event of the year almost every week! Just be careful, if you were a merchant or so, and you would advertise your discounts (events) that way, I believe you would be penalized for violating the laws in many countries!


Regards, 

Neetox

Plarium need a closing down sale!


Yes the first pantheon massacre tournament was only within a couple of week ago, so willing or forced participators today will again lose 10% of their killed troops. It achieves similar as leaving 10% army out in open somewhere for all to be killed when no tournaments are on. You won't butcher your enemy to bits since they fall under same rules, so pan coals play pan tennis, just call the tournament pantheon trimdown for the inctive players that miss the free revivals. For attacking you might get higher rank/level and have the added bonus of joining coalition circle jerk telling each other how great it was taking down enemy pantheons. If you lose 10% of army every fortnight, it won't be long before you have none left, unless you keep reviving it. Say someone throws 100M in this every time, 10% revivals would still be in region of 1K cash per month for no definable reward.


UTC +0:00
Qojy
1 December, 2016, 6:21 PM UTC

Xena said:


Don't forget you will take back 90% of the troops lost during this event! That also applies for champion units too! If you work together as a team you will be able to destroy your enemy. But it requires a group effort not solo actions! The whole game is about group effort. And yes holding pans is tough since most coalitions are going offensive and therefore they don't hold pans but pans are also giving you ranking which is very important for most of the coalitions if not all of them.

1. Get back 90% ? And loose 10% in the process + all the time and resources invested to upgrade your pantheons.

2. Work as a team ? Now any heavy coiner can hit a pantheon alone with 150M since he will be able, unlike regular players, to revive those 10% troops with drachmas.

3. Coa Ranking ? I proposed a reward system for coalitions for their ranking but it has been lost in oblivion like other 999k suggestions. No one really cares about the ranking since it doesn't give any benefits. Actually, it brings more foes than friends.

So yeah I think it's worth skipping that event.
UTC +1:00
RIX
1 December, 2016, 11:36 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Qojy said:


No point in holding pantheons anymore.

Why so? 90% of your losses on Pantheons can be restored for free after the event.

Can you get the pans back too after they've been raided by everyone and downgraded to level 1 again? How much fun is losing a pan you fought hard to get possibly for months only to lose it by getting hit by people who don't really even care for pan strategy? They just want to get their whistles wet knowing they can revive 90%


A T H E N A
UTC -5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
2 December, 2016, 11:16 AM UTC
RIX said:


Can you get the pans back too after they've been raided by everyone and downgraded to level 1 again? How much fun is losing a pan you fought hard to get possibly for months only to lose it by getting hit by people who don't really even care for pan strategy? They just want to get their whistles wet knowing they can revive 90%


Pantheons changing their owners is a part of the event. Even if you lost some this time, maybe you'll capture even more when the next Massacre starts ;)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Qojy
2 December, 2016, 1:51 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said :

Pantheons changing their owners is a part of the event. Even if you lost some this time, maybe you'll capture even more when the next Massacre starts ;)
So you guys plan on keeping doing this zzz
UTC +1:00
1665577 users registered; 33892 topics; 253500 posts; our newest member:orlandoloper