All Categories

Coming Soon: New Event - Pantheon Massacre!

Coming Soon: New Event - Pantheon Massacre!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Nov 15, 2016, 16:1511/15/16
Nov 15, 2016, 16:16(edited)
11/30/15

RIX said:

I've had an open mind about everything, even the items in which we all boycotted over but this is the one I cannot tolerate.  Many of us have sacrificed tremendously both money and time negotiating territories, forming alliances etc etc to get our place on the pan map and you just want to take it all away at the blink of an eye and a 90% revival with a temporary window?  What if someone is at work or a host of other times sensitive reasons?

I have to agree with Rix, what you are doing is allowing coals to hit pans with no fear of losses. that is mainly what keeps coals from hitting pans. yes its a free for all and the cost of coals holding pans that took a lot of effort to gain.  I see the answers to many questions and requests here as "oh its a long term strategy game so we can't change that"  well this throws that out the window for a short term free for all targeting the players that have spent the most money in the game.

I have written in favor of plarium before but this is silly.

Nov 15, 2016, 16:3011/15/16
12/23/14

mantragomez said:

Ajax said:

mantragomez said:

hi,

i have been reading comments from different players for more than 6 months now and all i can read is all complaints.

I believe and i agree that we have our freedom to say what we feel. we have our own opinion and my opinion is that Plarium is only doing what's a business should run. They have some people working on them and they are not free from their services, they do have some maintenance to maintain and again its not free, everything needs to be paid when you run a business, ofcourse you need to have a profit otherwise you will be bankrupt.

we are free to leave the game, we are free if we want to buy from them, we are free as everbody else in this world.

Plarium did not ask anyone of us to play their games

Plarium did not ask us to buy packages from them.

Plarium did not force anyone of you guys... so please, stop complaining. as i can see it, you only want to get more without spending anything..

The truth Hurts.....

I think you somehow you missed the point.  No one is complaining about paying for items etc, but when the game forces you to take pans, defend them and grow.  Make Sparta proud.  They have updated some things to make it more easier for offence which I understand.  But this latest one is just money making, as players who have 2nd and 3rd accounts, snipers etc will just kill off defence troops and get 90% back.  Why should I loose my  defence troops to a process that makes it non expensive for players to kill off.  Makes no sense.  I can understand where some players are coming from, telling players to stop moaning but tbh, they may well be in an alliance with no pans, or just low down in the rankings.  

Yes, Plarium did not ask us to play, Yes Plarium did not ask us to buy packages from them, Yes they did not force anyone BUT they do force you to build and defend pans etc to grow your empire and then remove the carpet from under you.  That is the point .

Plarium force me to build and defend pans? to grow my empire and then remove the carpet under me? that is your point?

The tournament is not even started yet but look at HOB, they are down and they are being beaten up by couple of coals out there. Not only HOB, there are some Great coal who where down in just hours. SPQR, Death Inc and some other Coals. it happens before and it will happen again and again. So tell me what is your point then?

Beaten up by a couple of alliances - pffffttt.  More spin than the democrat party.  Let me make this crystal.

Currently it costs "the alliances" to send troops at pans.  Some players can buy back there losses some cannot.  Therefore, many players have not the luxury of sending massive attacks against the pans.  But, with this event, even those who cannot spend money can have a throw of the dice.  That is what I mean.  I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot you would think the same.  Yes other great alliances have been taken down, but it cost, and kudos to those brave warriors but this is like giving a machine gun to a panty waist person who is facing 2 SAS soldiers standing naked with feather dusters .      easy money.

Nov 15, 2016, 16:3611/15/16
09/25/14
this game is finished plain and simple I quit plarium after I say my goodbyes s to my friends after 2 years wasted on this game 1 will be off never again will i play a plarium game you are nothing but greedy racketeers that as far as I am concerned promote events like get your coalition to the top and take as many pans and show hellas that you are great then pull this stunt you suck and alyona I take my hat off to you you at least come on and answer our complaints you talk bull but at least you show you read them even if all you do is talk bull and follow the plarium line
Nov 15, 2016, 16:4511/15/16
Nov 15, 2016, 17:19(edited)
07/11/14

This event should be named Plarium's Legal Reset of Pantheons. Every experienced player knows that it took many big armies to capture and defend pantheons afterwards, tons of drachmas were spent to rebuild lost armies, lots of players even paid drachmas to directly upgrade pantheon's levels, not to mention team efforts and time spent etc.

Now devs think that they have found a brilliant idea how to reset the pantheon game to keep one part of the players satisfied, but this is not the right way to do it - by changing your own rules of the game by this ridicolous never and nowhere seen 90% revival event. This is the most unfair and money orientated devs' move so far I have seen in my 25 years history of playing strategy games.

Nov 15, 2016, 19:3811/15/16
05/10/16
Ajax said:

mantragomez said:

Ajax said:

mantragomez said:

hi,

i have been reading comments from different players for more than 6 months now and all i can read is all complaints.

I believe and i agree that we have our freedom to say what we feel. we have our own opinion and my opinion is that Plarium is only doing what's a business should run. They have some people working on them and they are not free from their services, they do have some maintenance to maintain and again its not free, everything needs to be paid when you run a business, ofcourse you need to have a profit otherwise you will be bankrupt.

we are free to leave the game, we are free if we want to buy from them, we are free as everbody else in this world.

Plarium did not ask anyone of us to play their games

Plarium did not ask us to buy packages from them.

Plarium did not force anyone of you guys... so please, stop complaining. as i can see it, you only want to get more without spending anything..

The truth Hurts.....

I think you somehow you missed the point.  No one is complaining about paying for items etc, but when the game forces you to take pans, defend them and grow.  Make Sparta proud.  They have updated some things to make it more easier for offence which I understand.  But this latest one is just money making, as players who have 2nd and 3rd accounts, snipers etc will just kill off defence troops and get 90% back.  Why should I loose my  defence troops to a process that makes it non expensive for players to kill off.  Makes no sense.  I can understand where some players are coming from, telling players to stop moaning but tbh, they may well be in an alliance with no pans, or just low down in the rankings.  

Yes, Plarium did not ask us to play, Yes Plarium did not ask us to buy packages from them, Yes they did not force anyone BUT they do force you to build and defend pans etc to grow your empire and then remove the carpet from under you.  That is the point .

Plarium force me to build and defend pans? to grow my empire and then remove the carpet under me? that is your point?

The tournament is not even started yet but look at HOB, they are down and they are being beaten up by couple of coals out there. Not only HOB, there are some Great coal who where down in just hours. SPQR, Death Inc and some other Coals. it happens before and it will happen again and again. So tell me what is your point then?

Beaten up by a couple of alliances - pffffttt.  More spin than the democrat party.  Let me make this crystal.

Currently it costs "the alliances" to send troops at pans.  Some players can buy back there losses some cannot.  Therefore, many players have not the luxury of sending massive attacks against the pans.  But, with this event, even those who cannot spend money can have a throw of the dice.  That is what I mean.  I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot you would think the same.  Yes other great alliances have been taken down, but it cost, and kudos to those brave warriors but this is like giving a machine gun to a panty waist person who is facing 2 SAS soldiers standing naked with feather dusters .      easy money.

i think its still a balance game, after the event both sides can revive their troops for free... 
Nov 15, 2016, 19:4311/15/16
05/10/16
Neetox said:

This event should be named Plarium's Legal Reset of Pantheons. Every experienced player knows that it took many big armies to capture and defend pantheons afterwards, tons of drachmas were spent to rebuild lost armies, lots of players even paid drachmas to directly upgrade pantheon's levels, not to mention team efforts and time spent etc.

Now devs think that they have found a brilliant idea how to reset the pantheon game to keep one part of the players satisfied, but this is not the right way to do it - by changing your own rules of the game by this ridicolous never and nowhere seen 90% revival event. This is the most unfair and money orientated devs' move so far I have seen in my 25 years history of playing strategy games.

We have are own house rules and sometimes or most of the times are parents change it. same like here, we are in their house rules so dont bother to argue with them, they wont listen:-)
Nov 15, 2016, 19:4911/15/16
Nov 15, 2016, 21:14(edited)
09/12/16

Reply to Rix:

Yeah I agree - my apologies. That reply I posted wasn't as much aimed at you, as it was at the next guy who says something about a boycott due to some frustration creeping up a bit. In summary I just think they should stop pumping their time into that and realise its a waste of time, and actually not in the best interest of the masses.

As side note: When the request from HM's of top coalitions came in the other day to please also boycott the Pantheon tournament to further the cause of the boycott, I couldn't help to just laugh. Can you be any more obvious, lol?

Reply to other posts:

I can definitely understand that players that fought hard for Pantheons aren't overwhelmed at the risk of losing some of them now. But you have to also realise that others have also spent Drachma and pulled big efforts in the past in the attempts to gain Pantheons that they did not get, or that got taken away from them after they were initially obtained. So it works both ways, unfortunately.

Many complained that the game has lost strategy recently and that it is becoming all about drachma and numbers. (Most of the boycotters actually claim this.) Well, this Pantheon tournament is a big chance to employ strategy where Drachma isn't such a big factor. You should be over the moon and rejoice - Plarium heard your appeals!

For the non-coiners that feel they can't compete with other players and who want some revenge, here is what you do:

1: Ask your HM to temporarily remove you from your coalition, 

2: Change your city name, 

3: Relocate your city,

4: Join a new coalition that wants to launch an assault on a Pantheon of another coalition that you want revenge on. (Or stay solo.)

5: Coordinate your attack with this coalition.

6: Hit the Pantheon, immediately change your name back and relocate your city. (Very good chance you'll be okay and undetected.)

7: Revive your 90% for free. If you have some spare Drachma, can revive some of the other 10%. 

I've already done this actually, and I'm going to use my entire offense to help knock over BOK coalition's Pantheons. (No big secret, nobody likes them anyway, so obviously they are going to get hit.) Yes, I'm doing this under a fake identity, because I've been annoyed one too many times in the past with their members blasting me with 100's of PA's from the safety of their Acropolis when I do a perfectly legit raid in a PvP tournament on one of their members, and I don't want to sit through that again. Don't care if BOK reads this post or not, because there is nothing they can do to stop that anyway - just a question of how many I can knock over.

So yeah, do whatever you want in this event - get your revenge and satisfy your dirty pleasures - kill them all !!!

For all the Pantheon holders: Prove your superiority and smarts by surviving the massacre !!

Nov 15, 2016, 19:5111/15/16
09/25/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Q&A

Bigger Coalitions have more Defense than the smaller ones, right? Show your enemies that you're not afraid of them, show your teamwork and you will get some benefits from this Tournament.

Do you play the game Alyona?

I doubt it.

Or do you?

I'd like to park near your city and slap your city every morning.

Nov 15, 2016, 20:3911/15/16
Nov 15, 2016, 20:41(edited)
03/10/15

please remember that you have to wait one week to hit pantheons when you join a coa.

I am not from bok, not even allied or peace with them.... just saying for those thinking to change coa to hit tomorrow
Nov 15, 2016, 21:1911/15/16
09/12/16
Thanks for pointing that out. I have changed my post to make it clearer. What you say is for "coalition attacks" if I recall correctly. Anybody can still attack a Pantheon in a solo attack. It is true that it will be less effective than in a "coalition attack", but there is certainly still a role for that as long as you coordinate it sensibly with a coalition that is attacking that Pantheon - example, either you soften them up and then the follow-up knocks them over, or you stand-by and knock them over if the first attack didn't finish the job.
Nov 15, 2016, 23:0911/15/16
07/11/14

Helen of Troy said:

Neetox said:

We have are own house rules and sometimes or most of the times are parents change it. same like here, we are in their house rules so dont bother to argue with them, they wont listen:-)

Dear Helen of Troy,

on the market there are hundreds of other houses with more caring owners, normal costs and happy customers, but you can have your VIP agent, top secrets, flood of discounts, ugrade sketches, buying tons of troops which would normally take 100 years to be built, 75-90% revivals and last but not least - the infamous pantheon massacre ;)
Nov 16, 2016, 03:0011/16/16

If the battle report is still there, it will update to include the changed city name and location. And after you go back to your old coalition, that will be in the battle report too.

If the person reading the battle report then saves the contact, even when the battle report is deleted, the contact info will still remain.

The strategy below is only useful for fooling weaker players who only go by a name initially, delete their battle reports frequently, or if the battle reports come so fast (which is a possibility depending on the pan and the attackers) and your attack scrolls off their list of reports (because of Plarium's questionable data storage design resulting in too little data storage).

jgvrolijk85rsa said:

2: Change your city name, 

3: Relocate your city,

6: Hit the Pantheon, immediately change your name back and relocate your city. (Very good chance you'll be okay and undetected.)

Nov 16, 2016, 07:1111/16/16
05/10/16
Neetox said:

Helen of Troy said:

Neetox said:

Dear Helen of Troy,

on the market there are hundreds of other houses with more caring owners, normal costs and happy customers, but you can have your VIP agent, top secrets, flood of discounts, ugrade sketches, buying tons of troops which would normally take 100 years to be built, 75-90% revivals and last but not least - the infamous pantheon massacre ;)
My point is very simple... If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen :-)
Nov 16, 2016, 07:1311/16/16
Nov 16, 2016, 13:13(edited)
05/10/16
CHAOS REAPER said:

Helen of Troy said:

Neetox said:

Its only an example, and i'm not a c _ _ _ _ as you think, if you dont want to pay their salary then you should moving on and look for another game that suits you well.. Very simple right?
Nov 16, 2016, 08:1711/16/16
05/10/16
paladin said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Q&A

Bigger Coalitions have more Defense than the smaller ones, right? Show your enemies that you're not afraid of them, show your teamwork and you will get some benefits from this Tournament.

Do you play the game Alyona?

I doubt it.

Or do you?

I'd like to park near your city and slap your city every morning.

That is so ungently manner Paladin... Why dont you grow up and be a Man? You are like a kid doing your daily tantrums...
Nov 16, 2016, 09:1611/16/16
10/25/16
all players and coalitions should boycott this......just refuse to participate
Nov 16, 2016, 10:2511/16/16
09/25/14

Helen of Troy said:

paladin said

That is so ungently manner Paladin... Why dont you grow up and be a Man? You are like a kid doing your daily tantrums...
That was a bit harsh of me, I apologise to Altona

Nov 16, 2016, 11:1311/16/16
07/11/14

Helen of Troy said:

Neetox said:

Helen of Troy said:

Neetox said:

Dear Helen of Troy,

My point is very simple... If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen :-)

Dear Helen of Troy,

my opinion was adressed to Plarium and to experienced players, who have been here from the start of the game and they know what i am talking about. Helen there is no need that you bring it personally upon me, because I don't know you nor your reputation and achievements on Sparta. 

In my country we have a democracy and a liberal market economy, so forgive me if I express my thoughts about good game turning into money grabbing project, which i have played for 3 1/2 years and I won't leave it without pointing what is wrong with Sparta and Plarium. 

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. Bill Gates

Nov 16, 2016, 11:4511/16/16
05/10/16

Neetox said:

Helen of Troy said:

Neetox said:

Helen of Troy said:

Neetox said:

Dear Helen of Troy,

Dear Helen of Troy,

my opinion was adressed to Plarium and to experienced players, who have been here from the start of the game and they know what i am talking about. Helen there is no need that you bring it personally upon me, because I don't know you nor your reputation and achievements on Sparta. 

In my country we have a democracy and a liberal market economy, so forgive me if I express my thoughts about good game turning into money grabbing project, which i have played for 3 1/2 years and I won't leave it without pointing what is wrong with Sparta and Plarium. 

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. Bill Gates

Hi Neetox,

i am deeply sorry if you think my view is too personal and i aplogize, it was not intended that way.

The only permanent in this world is change and no one can stop change. My mother land also exercise democracy and freedom of expressions but thru change we learn a lot. there are always rejection and people insist when changes are being applied but thats not really matter now for us, what we do is we try to understand and cooperate... if you cant beat them then join them :-) but i am not joining plariums personnel.. just doing the reverse psychology :=)

Again i apologized for being personal :-)

Nov 16, 2016, 12:1011/16/16
01/06/15

Well

Another 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.