New Building Levels!

New Building Levels!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Nov 11, 2016, 11:2211/11/16
01/27/15
No news announcement about the VIP package you are only offering certain players who will have live support and special gifts?
Nov 11, 2016, 12:0211/11/16
09/25/14

Level 26 acropolis=all produced troops go to acropolis?

Stupid update.

Nov 11, 2016, 12:5911/11/16
07/12/15
paladin said:

Stupid update.

Why??
Nov 11, 2016, 17:5611/11/16
03/10/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Fortuna said:

yes blader, also this days normal playing without an extra is practically impossible.

anyway i was surprise as i was telling my people that embassy in stormfall (where they had this change before) it was free without sketches i am doing there level 15 and still does not ask for sketches while here to upgrade first next level, (6 to 7) it is asking for 200 of them.... why if always you apply the same thing this time sparta players are in disadvantage?
In Stormfall Embassy upgrades were released with League Help feature. More Embassy levels are required for it. In Sparta we don't have this feature yet.
My question was why in sparta has to upgrade with sketches while in another games its not. the help feature could be one of the few goood things, and that was not implemented. but again not related to my question :-)
Nov 11, 2016, 19:0311/11/16
09/25/14

Kakos said:

paladin said:

Stupid update.

Why??

Takes away the pleasure of killing production of the enemy?

What's next? Auto-revive if you accidentally forget your troops out in the city? 

As if having offense strong enough to compete with defense was not enough. 

Nov 11, 2016, 19:2011/11/16
09/16/14

I will try to focus mostly on whats important here.

This has been said before in other threads- removing a strategic aspect of the game will not make it better. It will REMOVE appeal.

Automatically sending units to the acropolis with a building upgrade that requires so many sketches effectively again stretches the divide between free and pay players, but what I have more concern for is that you remove another pathway whereby strategy can be used to overcome this divide by protecting the new builds of only the players (which will be mostly the paid ones for sure here given the amount of sketches necessary to procure) who can afford the acropolis upgrade.

This is another decrease in play quality for everyone on this one aspect alone.

Nov 11, 2016, 19:5511/11/16
06/04/15

The best update of all was the acropole

I'm going to train a lot of horse and heavy

Nov 11, 2016, 22:5911/11/16
07/12/15

paladin said:

Kakos said:

paladin said:

Stupid update.

Why??

Takes away the pleasure of killing production of the enemy?

I see.. is like "you can do whatever you want around a sleeping elephant" right?! lol

Nov 13, 2016, 19:1511/13/16
09/12/16

Some great changes, but ...

Few things to consider please:

1: Yes, it is said that sketches can be obtained in tournaments, but these appear to be only development tournaments. So what happens when you need sketches to develop something in order to get points in a development tournament? (Well, you can't.) Except if the idea is to get lucky by finishing a big agreement within the development tournament's window? I don't like that, because you can acquire 4 Artisans without much trouble, but only one signing que, so it doesn't quite work to expect that.

2: Even if a player has not maxed out all buildings (maxed before sketches are required), then, as the level of the buildings get higher it becomes more of a swing and a miss to let a building or agreement upgrade finish during the development tournament. Spending boosts (essentially similar to spending Drachma) to finish building upgrades or agreements on time isn't really an ideal strategy for those who spend less money to gain some meaningful amount of sketches over time. If the intention is to use boosts to achieve that, then you have not achieved much with this change for the average player, because you are requiring troop production to be slowed down in order to upgrade buildings / agreements, which is an offset.

3: Development tournament also encourages passive play, compared to the scenario where sketches are offered in PvP. And you know that you make most of your money during PvP tournaments, so why not offer some there?

I think you either need to have much longer development tournaments (at least 4 days), or you need to offer sketches in other tournaments as well. You've always maintained that spending dollars on Drachma just gets you to a certain point in the game faster compared to if you do not buy Drachma (or less Drachma). I agree with that in almost every part of your game, except in this case you are a bit off.

It is a great set of changes you made, but you need to fix the above up please.

Thanks.

Nov 13, 2016, 19:2511/13/16
09/12/16

You could also consider the following by changing a bit how development tournaments work:

Split a development tournament in two:

Part 1, example, the first 1-3 days of the the tournament: Any construction, building upgrade, or agreement upgrade that is started in the timeframe of Part 1, that finishes during Part 1 or Part 2 and will count towards tournament points.

Part 2, the last 2-5 days: As explained above, except no construction, building upgrade or agreement upgrade that get started during Part 2 can be eligible for points in the development tournament.

What the above aims to achieve is to deal a bit better with the very long upgrade times against the short timeframes of the development tournaments.

Nov 13, 2016, 23:0011/13/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Greed oft o'er reaches itself said:

Thank you for the clarification Alyona.

Just one more question about the Acropolis quote below:  

What % is 'some' of your troops?  Lets say you have agemas training overnight, you can only train a max of 3 in that timescale, so if percentage of trained troops to go straight to acrop is small, then none of them will have gone into acrop in that time.

Basileus Leonidas said

- Upgrade the Acropolis to new Levels to further increase its Resource holding capacity, plus get Special Bonuses beyond Level 22: some of your Troops will be sent to the Acropolis automatically as soon as they are trained!

On level 23 only Light Infantry goes to Acropolis. lvl 24 - Heavy Infantry, 25 - Phalanx, 26 - Cavalry.

Very useful option, i mean some of us have weeks and weeks (if not months) of builts behind them, and holidays were meant for our friends and allies to take care of our cities and builts (normal coalition work)... Now if I give enough money i can go and let my builts filling accro on their own will ... Go to bed my friends and let me play alone, I can now play on my own in this Massive Multiplayer Strategy Game and don't need any team at all !

Dear Plarium... I was really fond of this game - once.

Nov 13, 2016, 23:4711/13/16
12/17/14

Plarium we need sketches in pvp and Persian tournaments !!!!

So the game will be more balanced !!!!

Nov 13, 2016, 23:4911/13/16
03/29/15
ViSaBos said:

Very useful option, i mean some of us have weeks and weeks (if not months) of builts behind them, and holidays were meant for our friends and allies to take care of our cities and builts (normal coalition work)... Now if I give enough money i can go and let my builts filling accro on their own will ... Go to bed my friends and let me play alone, I can now play on my own in this Massive Multiplayer Strategy Game and don't need any team at all !

Dear Plarium... I was really fond of this game - once.

But if you don't upgrade it, then you can still let your friends look after your city. The choice is yours.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 14, 2016, 11:4511/14/16
09/17/15

Neetox said:

Where can we see full table of building costs for all levels 1-26 of acropolis? And I would like to see costs and building times for each level of all buildings in Sparta, together with all the latest updates.

There's no official information as we never share such things. Players need to upgrade to certain levels to get the information about the cost of further upgrade. 

But some players could share this info if they have already upgraded their Acropolis.
Nov 14, 2016, 16:2811/14/16
12/03/14

23: 600 sketches

24: 1200 sketches

25:

26:

Dec 6, 2016, 09:3112/06/16
Good