Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Oct 14, 2016, 10:4210/14/16
Oct 14, 2016, 10:43(edited)
07/16/15

Very well spoken Zenekin !!!

It is pointless to fight any battles at the moment or plan anything considering our future strategic coalition objectives in a game we not even sure we will continue to play the way it is going.....

This battle is against a game killing change so the enemy is common..... the enemy is a "bad idea" wich i am willing to accept as a fair mistake if taken back and get over it. Taking that back would prove to me Plarium has some respect for its clients and everybody is allowed to make a mistake as long as they also trully willing to correct it. In the end we all here to participate and help with our feedback to make this game better no?

I am sure most if not all of the teams will participate in such a truce and we for sure will back it 100% too !! Personaly i am taking a break anyway from this and only stay on to see what will happen to decide if my future free time and recreational money will be here or not.... 

Best regards

dxr250
Oct 14, 2016, 10:4910/14/16
09/25/14

Suggestion to Plarium employees: start canceling those expensive holiday reservations.

Things are not looking too good.

A lot of people love this game but you guys never listen, you never care, you only see numbers.

Was fun be part of a rising game, it's a pity to see it fall like this.

Oh well, it is how it is.

Oct 14, 2016, 10:5310/14/16
09/08/14
I would personally like to thank Plarium for ensuring the growth of our GW2 guild. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about feel free to msg me @ junior.3928
Oct 14, 2016, 10:5910/14/16

Uncle Junior said:

I would personally like to thank Plarium for ensuring the growth of our GW2 guild. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about feel free to msg me @ junior.3928

You mean Guild Wars 2? It's been a long time since I have played this game. Was playing Guild Wars a long time ago! Haha "don't tempt me Frodo" 
Oct 14, 2016, 11:0010/14/16
09/08/14
Zenekin said:

Uncle Junior said:

You mean Guild Wars 2? It's been a long time since I have played this game. Was playing Guild Wars a long time ago! Haha "don't tempt me Frodo" 
You should sneak a peek, lot has changed :D
Oct 14, 2016, 11:3710/14/16
04/14/15

the update is crap, and indeed Plarium has passed the line...there are no chances for small and non card players to survive in this parody, and we have a word in Hellas for this behaviour (even if Plarium never considered to include greek language in a game which has to do 90% with Greece!)....

...Φ Ρ Α Γ Κ Ο Φ Ο Ν Ι Α Δ Ε Σ... shame on you!

Oct 14, 2016, 11:5210/14/16
Oct 14, 2016, 11:53(edited)
03/10/15

Uncle Junior said:

last night i checked... i found the Spanish website where they explain how it works (actually impressed with their wiki, tutorial etc), so if nothing changes who knows ;-)

I really hope plarium realise what they will loose for not listening to us, the "farmer" players may not notice this changes, but those who we are fighting daily ... i think we see clearly that like this there is no future in middle term for many coas
Oct 14, 2016, 11:5910/14/16
09/08/14
Fortuna said:

Uncle Junior said:

last night i checked... i found the Spanish website where they explain how it works (actually impressed with their wiki, tutorial etc), so if nothing changes who knows ;-)

I really hope plarium realise what they will loose for not listening to us, the "farmer" players may not notice this changes, but those who we are fighting daily ... i think we see clearly that like this there is no future in middle term for many coas
We are already out the door ;)
Oct 14, 2016, 12:5710/14/16
03/25/16

KRONOS said:

the update is crap, and indeed Plarium has passed the line...there are no chances for small and non card players to survive in this parody, and we have a word in Hellas for this behaviour (even if Plarium never considered to include greek language in a game which has to do 90% with Greece!)....

I totally agree with you my friend!

Oct 14, 2016, 13:1810/14/16
Oct 14, 2016, 13:19(edited)
05/13/15
Just look at these reactions Plarium. Even veteran players who played for years and doesn't speak much on the forum appeared now to express their disappointments. Fix it before it's too late.
Oct 14, 2016, 14:2410/14/16
02/20/15

Never posted on here before in 20 months of playing but agree these changes are game changing and I have seen a lot of big spenders leave already.

I will have to think about what I will do but it wouldn't take much more for me to leave for good.

Changing things so drastically forcing so many to leave, to me, seems completely without thought. Will we hear any feedback from Plarium or will you guys just watch us leave and see your revenue diminish?

Stringhawk - House of Batiatus

Oct 14, 2016, 14:3910/14/16
Oct 14, 2016, 14:40(edited)
05/03/16
Teris said:

KRONOS said:

I totally agree with you my friend!

i am with you on this.
Oct 14, 2016, 15:0510/14/16
Oct 14, 2016, 15:11(edited)
12/20/14

This is suppose to be a strategy game but now you are taking strategy out of the game...so people that have no skill or strategy can compete at same level as skilled players that strategize? Catching someone offense is no longer viable. This just benefits the people that make mistakes in leaving their offense outside or not returning it into acropolis quickly enough. It appears you only want people that have no skill or strategy but are willing to spend money.

I was glad to finish all the agreements of the troops I used so I could build troops with my resources and not sink them in agreements but now its back to square one. I think I would rather start a new game than start this one over again with these new agreements. The new agreement levels plus their bonuses are a game breaker for me. I have been playing this game daily since Dec 2014 but I stopped putting money into it as it had gotten too costly and everything revolved around money. 

I didnt agree with the persian changes you made way back but that was nothing compared to what you did here with the agreements. You have now crossed players threshold and it will cause death to this game. It is time to move away from this game and find another hobby/game.  

Oct 14, 2016, 17:2510/14/16
08/30/14

Uncle Junior said:

Rahna.5021

;)
Oct 14, 2016, 18:2010/14/16
09/16/14

Alyona wrote : "Guys, new levels give you many benefits:

1) Your Units will become much stronger.

2) You will be able to upgrade Defensive stats for Offensive Units and vice versa. It means more space for strategic movements and less risk for your Offense to be caught and lost in unfair battle.

3) Only active players will receive this opportunity. The Defensive Units of players that are not playing the game anymore, but protecting other players or strategic sites will no longer be competitive.

4) Only the last 2 levels will require a special Resource.

5) You can get this Resource in Tournaments."

As we examine the impact of the top 2 levels of most of the agreements requiring sketches to upgrade (as well as over level 20 storage structures you cant get without sketches). We note that new free players and coiners alike are going to have serious issues attaining the unit strengths of the top coiners in Sparta.

This game depends upon a large active free player base to make it fun for pay users.

If you make the gap between those players so large that modest coiners and free players can never hope to touch the large armies of the top coiners, and plarium sponsored players.

It was previously possible for a smaller (and I say smaller because you pretty much have to be a modest coiner now to even be there) to catch a top players troops returning from a hit and do significant damage if not destroy the persons army if they neglected to use acrop or have other defense up. Now not only will the smaller player do less damage , he may lose his entire army AND not do much damage.

You have to take a look at what your doing to the game dynamic beyond just grabbing cash because you could really kill the goose that laid the golden egg here, IMO

I say this as someone who loves this game and the relationships Ive forged with some players, and Im truly afraid that this will change that forever. It may not end over night. New advertisiing may bring new players more geared to try to wade into the new mechanic, but eventually they will realize what we already know. Without a ridiculous amount of coin, they will never hold a candle to the top players. This gap is nigh becoming an insurmountable chasm with your new changes. Take heed and pause, or head into the abyss.

Oct 14, 2016, 22:4410/14/16
Oct 14, 2016, 22:46(edited)
05/07/16

Fortuna said:

I hope the bonuses get reconsider to a logical way of gaming

Look for example scouts... that progressive increase is more an less logical.... what it has been done with the rest of the units is not...

I'm guessing that there are players already to the max level.  To change the bonuses could violate an implied contract: "I paid for all the advantages so that I can ruin the game for everyone else."  

What the developers don't get is that while we have a lot invested in the game, emotionally and financially, there is a point at which some of us will find a better way to occupy our time if we start to fixate on the injustice of wealth in this game.  We're not here to see a mirror of society; we'd like to see this as a game of meritocracy.   None of us want to be treated as poor, to have our views on these matters ignored.

Next time, run it past the focus groups before you develop it.  I shouldn't have to say it but I will: make sure the focus group is taken from current players, that it is a random sample, and that you compensate players for participating in making your game better.

Oct 14, 2016, 22:5610/14/16
Oct 14, 2016, 22:56(edited)
03/10/15

maso915 said:

I'm guessing that there are players already to the max level.  To change the bonuses could violate an implied contract: "I paid for all the advantages so that I can ruin the game for everyone else."  

well,  check terms of use http://support.plarium.com/ensparta/Knowledgebase/Article/View/554

Plarium has absolute control over all Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods and at any time has the right to change the value, modify and/or eliminate any Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods as it sees fit and without any liability.

I dont say lets not go to maximum, i ony complain of some of the values... It does not violate anything as plarium has the right to change whatever they want, whenever they want and not give us any reason for it... so if that is good in other cases, is good here too :-)

Oct 15, 2016, 00:2210/15/16
04/25/16
What coalition will you be joining there?
Oct 15, 2016, 01:3310/15/16
03/06/15

the new ofensives and defensive values are a joke to kill the game...

If this doesn´t change, there are no reason to be there
Oct 15, 2016, 04:1710/15/16
11/02/15

Plarium is a greedy front for a FREE game...I will not spend another dime...I have gave enough.

You will not last much longer