All Categories

The reward system on Positions is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

The reward system on Positions is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Nov 6, 2016, 12:2411/06/16
Nov 6, 2016, 16:25(edited)
05/07/16

I can vouch for what TSUNWU85RSA has said regarding positions. I started doing them post-'1 bar exploit' changes, and increased my army hugely doing so (without coining). 

They do require some thought and quite a lot of patience, and as he said they do favor the mathematically inclined. There does seem to be an 'end-game' of sorts, wherein once a desirable full payout has been reached at the highest levels, then there is little point playing them heavily anymore as one's army will slowly dwindle away (the 'interest') if one simply keeps recycling.

And I have seen a couple of my coa mates lose their armies (through excessive recycling), or get their armies 'stuck' in the positions (through not having a large enough army to comfortably pay back the bank). I would love to see Plarium figure out a way to stop this happening, as it really hurts some players (enough to quit).

Nov 6, 2016, 16:3511/06/16
03/29/15

GLP said:

I can vouch for what TSUNWU85RSA has said regarding positions. I started doing them post-'1 bar exploit' changes, and increased my army hugely doing so (without coining). 

They do require some thought and quite a lot of patience, and as he said they do favor the mathematically inclined. There does seem to be an 'end-game' of sorts, wherein once a desirable full payout has been reached at the highest levels, then there is little point playing them heavily anymore as one's army will slowly dwindle away (the 'interest') if one simply keeps recycling.

And I have seen a couple of my coa mates lose their armies (through excessive recycling), or get their armies 'stuck' in the positions (through not having a large enough army to comfortably pay back the bank). I would love to see Plarium figure out a way to stop this happening, as it really hurts some players (enough to quit) - and therefore also Plarium.

They know already how to stop it happening, by having a bank meter that other players have already asked for. Or a button to 'cash out' bank at any stage, so next cleared position is guaranteed payout conforming to how high bank was built. Just like the slot machine that it is, could cash out some winnings and play another day, rather than get stuck looking for the big jackpot.

I have no time for persians, only played them again to get a good set of class4 general items then I'll chuck troop at them from time to time to reduce decreasing grain consumption.   Sick of the changes that keep happening and the uncertanties on how they work, some people who play them well say they go by res and anothers say hit power, but both say they tested their theories to be correct.  Plus I don't want to swap out some of balanced army if I end up with promochos on payout.  I'll mostly do without, until plarium makes their 'classified' system more user friendly.
Nov 6, 2016, 17:1811/06/16
Nov 6, 2016, 17:31(edited)
01/10/16

I wonder isnt it there  just one player with lawer practice, who can legaly force Plarium LTD to publish all information about the game.  I am not a lawer but I do beleive it is reachable as the game is not actually "free" game as it collects money from it users.

We all play game by unknown rules. For example:

1. I dont know how battles are calculated

2. I don know how persians positions work.

Nov 6, 2016, 19:4911/06/16
Nov 6, 2016, 19:50(edited)
05/07/16
Greed oft o'er reaches itself said:

They know already how to stop it happening, by having a bank meter that other players have already asked for. Or a button to 'cash out' bank at any stage, so next cleared position is guaranteed payout conforming to how high bank was built. Just like the slot machine that it is, could cash out some winnings and play another day, rather than get stuck looking for the big jackpot.

Yup, something like that would be great.
Nov 7, 2016, 09:2811/07/16
07/11/14

I will tell you from my experience what is wrong with PP:

1. You have to PAY if your big army is stuck at PP or want to have your army back immediately,

2. You don't know the NUMBERS/TYPE of units at next full payout (some have better resource/power/grain consumption value),

3. You don't know WHEN next full payout will happen, 

4. Even if you pay, full payout is NOT GUARANTEED when you go for it,

5. PP mechanism is a top secret and known only to Plarium,

6. They can CHANGE the PP mechanics when they want, they don't care if you are in middle of something,

7. They don't tell you how RESOURCE VALUE is calculated for non standard units,

8. And worst of all, they DON'T CARE if we enjoy to play PP or not.

I hope that some of devs will read my post, Alyona I hope that you care at least.

Nov 10, 2016, 06:0211/10/16
08/21/14

tsunwu85rsa said:

I have read most of the posts and have a concluding message to Plarium and TONOYA on the PP topic. (I am NOT a noob, rather I am probably one of the players who have had some of the most success with PPs. I have also started a new account around the time the PP changes came in to see how it builds up now.)

TONOYA: I have read ALL of your posts. Listen to me: your logic is not making sense. Have you considered that maybe you don't understand the PP system or a competitive multiplayer game? I can tell you with absolute certainty that 90% of what you say is incorrect and based on a flawed understanding of PP. Many other players (who have access to the same information as you) do understand the system. 90% of your problem (TONAYA), lies with you, and not with Plarium. You need to please stop ranting and blaming others (so passionately) due to your own limitations, and start working on addressing them. I say this in the nicest way I can, but you really need to hear it.

TO PLARIUM: I say this with great respect to others, and please do not see this the wrong way. It is clear as day that the PP favors smarter and more mathematically inclined players. I have made 100's of millions of armies from PP and I'm still making good profits on the new PP system (at low levels with new city and at higher levels) although with more effort than before. The problem is that there is a big pool of players who chase these rewards too (because they see/hear what others achieve on PP), but they lack the logic and basic understanding to make that work and then they lose everything and/or get heavily upset. So the gap is as wide as "total disaster" and "modest gains". And take note that many of your huge coiners, are actually quite dumb people, and a good chunk stop coining for you because they perceive PP's to be broken and/or lost all their stuff.) So it is in your interest to consider this problem too. It is an issue for me personally because several of my PvP punching bags are disappearing, getting weaker and weaker or too easy to counter because all they have left are +/- 1000 horses :P

IN SUMMARY AND A SUGGESTION: As said above, I think the PP system is much more favorable to certain players than it should be (I am NOT saying it should be indifferent). My suggestion is to introduce a new system (in addition to PPs) that is simpler to understand and leave the PP's for people who have the ability and drive to figure it out and not make a disaster of many years' playing. In this suggestion, it makes sense for PP's to be capable of being a bit more profitable than the "additional" system I am suggesting, because there is more effort going into PPs and generally the more skilled player should come off better in any game, all else constant. However, it will (hopefully) sort out a lot of problems with unhappiness of players, up participation in the game and get the "balance" between people of different skill levels to a more appropriate point.

You as Plarium can then rather say: "Try your luck and skill with Positions ... if you dare ... for the chance of greater rewards, or go with the safer alternative of "<something>" where you can <achieve something similar to PPs> ... but at the cost of smaller overall gains."

I do understand that something like this will be a pretty big game change, but I think it is worth considering.

i am not Tonoya,i am Tonaya.

please,tell me what of my 90% things i said is wrong?

Tonaya
Nov 10, 2016, 06:2611/10/16
08/21/14

to tsunwu85rsa:

this is my last payout:

http://prntscr.com/d5e0e5

post your big payout,and then,please,explain to me what 90% of my words are wrong?

Tonaya

Nov 10, 2016, 06:5311/10/16
05/11/16

everyone   knows  that  you can not expect a huge payout every time you play the  POSITIONS   right???        I have been playing them for over 4 months now  and I have made it to the 24th spot on all time  pp  record.     Plarium says they fixed a glitch, but their will always be glitches  in the gaming code.    Has anyone asked about the infestations  that are programmed into the  Persian Positions.    I think  this is  what frustrates people the most with losing their armies.   that is why the moderators and plarium respond with, "we didn't tell you to send your whole army."   the infestations or  the losing of your army, just allows you the time to build up the bank system.  also  if your payout is skipped your next one will be twice the size.   

I lost a huge army  of def  about 4 months ago    and still have not  got it back, but saying that I can  take less  than a mil. in offensive power and knock out 20- 30 positions a night.  allowing me to always have something to play PVP  with  for points in tournaments,  and enough to fill up  all my slots for equipment to break down.   not  coining.    every week I score at least 80k  in XP points.

SO....  what is  the problem here  with the positions.   you can not force a payout on them  you have to take what is given to you and play the game, ie...the daily task, raiding and pvp/ pp,   with what the Persians give you.  this will allow for your rewards to keep producing  on the smaller levels  to get you into the bigger levels.    if you are not completing all the task then  you are not ready to play the Persians for the day.      the whole game experience is what the max rewards are really about from the Persians.    try it;  spend a bunch of money    or just play the  game  as much as you can  for a few weeks  and then hit up the Persians    you will have the same results.

this  is all a game of math   not so much logic,  except  when to know when to walk away.       try low balling the positions in strength if  you can attack 6 or so positions  with the intent  to only bring them to 10%-15% power    one of the positions  will pay out, allowing you to keep  the flow of attacks  going.     don't even  waste your  time playing anything below level 64     unless you have to...    you need  to be able to knock down multiple positions  before your payout comes.   

if anyone  has any questions  or needs help   I would  be happy to  help  out.   look me up  I'm in the RAZORBACKS COA    my game name is PMC

Nov 10, 2016, 06:5511/10/16
05/11/16
and tonya     that payout  is something I get on level  96-115.        for a level 122 and above  your  max payout  should be closer to 10-12k agemas
Nov 10, 2016, 22:1811/10/16
08/21/14

who said plarium didnt change anything,look they changed how forum looks lol 8)

Tonaya
Nov 11, 2016, 10:2811/11/16
09/08/15
Greed oft o'er reaches itself said:

There's always a persian guru that has won 200 million by his own brilliance, but is coincidently unable to explain the wealth of his expertise.

Until someone lays down cast iron proof, instead of the secretive, cryptic and contradicting strategies, I'll always believe the brillance came from visa and 75% revival day rather than sparta's answer to stephen hawking.

So true :)
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 16, 2016, 13:1511/16/16
09/17/15
fishdaddy55 said:

This is my payout yesterday so and not losing total amount that I started with at the beginning I gained some which I will not disclose but its still worth playing ..

https://gyazo.com/7f715e55a7512063a56f7dc29bc6b901

A really good payout!
Nov 18, 2016, 03:4311/18/16
Nov 18, 2016, 03:52(edited)
05/11/16

A really good payout!

This is my payout yesterday so and not losing total amount that I started with at the beginning I gained some which I will not disclose but its still worth playing ..

https://gyazo.com/7f715e55a7512063a56f7dc29bc6b901

that   payout  is  something  you should be  getting  on a level  91 to 109     I  get  something  like  that   every so often.    when there  is  def  payouts  on level  116-129     it  should  be  18k-29k     or   a split pay   of 26k  mounted pelts  and 7 k agema.    for the   level  you  played.     so   that  is   roughly a mid size payout     hardly worth the effort  if it takes  you 6  levels  to knock  down or more to get  it.    you are  still down   from what you put into   so  don't  say  your investment is  even.  and  if  your investment is even   good luck on your  next payout.

also  the  offensive  positions   payout   from level  91- 109  is  also  about  7k-10k  phalanx       and  if you get  the payout  on level 110-113   it will be  12k-14k,    or again    a split pay  of  2-3k mounted plets  and  7-12k agema.  for phalanx  it should  be  2k-3k theuro' and  5-7k promos.

so  your payout  is still small.   in the next several days I will be  uploading  all my payouts.

Nov 19, 2016, 06:3711/19/16
12/08/15
iwill be looking forward in seeing your payouts...grins
Nov 20, 2016, 01:2011/20/16
08/05/16

LastCall said:

Hi Achons , 

I find this last update very necessary after all the new updates we have gotten, I'd say finally. if you look a little bit of history of PP , game updates were so slow until they changed Persians with the major announcement ,now long ago that was , ever since they have been trying to make Persians easier for new players to explore. it has been major hold on this game until just recently i cant see anything but many more Persians globules being introduced for all the complainers . it does not get cheaper than that .

i am sure you should not think of this as "o no Persians got more expensive" i am sure its still true that Persians are much cheaper then PVP to make experience, and now with this general , this game became almost like diablo 1 :) over time . its awesome and i m super happy they cut the free experience out. 

Lastcall 

so, when i spend 200 swordsman is fair to get reward 10 javelines??

Nov 20, 2016, 23:1911/20/16
Nov 20, 2016, 23:20(edited)
05/11/16

ELLINAS said:

LastCall said:

Hi Achons , 

I find this last update very necessary after all the new updates we have gotten, I'd say finally. if you look a little bit of history of PP , game updates were so slow until they changed Persians with the major announcement ,now long ago that was , ever since they have been trying to make Persians easier for new players to explore. it has been major hold on this game until just recently i cant see anything but many more Persians globules being introduced for all the complainers . it does not get cheaper than that .

i am sure you should not think of this as "o no Persians got more expensive" i am sure its still true that Persians are much cheaper then PVP to make experience, and now with this general , this game became almost like diablo 1 :) over time . its awesome and i m super happy they cut the free experience out. 

Lastcall 

so, when i spend 200 swordsman is fair to get reward 10 javelines??

hahaha   yea  man  if you are playing  on level 30-1,   try working your way to level 100 and then to level 140 and then to level 160.    the  goal is to work your way up to through them   back down through them and then if your lucky  back up them again.       please  don't expect any rewards   and  you will be much happier

Nov 21, 2016, 16:4711/21/16
08/19/14

You must always kill more troops than you are going to receive

Nov 22, 2016, 03:0211/22/16
Nov 22, 2016, 09:05(edited)
12/08/15

Now I'm not sure about all of u and why the complaining on some of u on getting payout this is my last 4 sets playing Persians,i will continue to play as its does help me gain pieces for my general and to level up quicker.

https://gyazo.com/1ec14c192d89cafa2ff657485322a5f6

https://gyazo.com/aae3b0f264e7a046501805f5981a8bb6

https://gyazo.com/86f5cc2fc0e6c7a2014154327637095f

https://gyazo.com/89c10291b6c94cd7442fbe34d7c9f322