All Categories

A new dawn has broken over Hellas! Generals have come to lead your armies into battle!

A new dawn has broken over Hellas! Generals have come to lead your armies into battle!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 7, 2016, 11:2206/07/16

New Feature - Choose A General To Lead Your Army!

Arm Your General With Formidable Equipment!

Archons! 

Your General is your greatest weapon in the fight against Xerxes! Equipping your General with special Equipment Items and upgrading these Items will grant your Units special bonuses that will enhance their statistics during battle. There are different Generals to choose from, but bear in mind that each Archon may have only one General. 

If you have not yet selected your General, you can do so now by clicking the General icon in the top left corner of your screen! If you are hesitant about which General to choose, do not worry! Your General can be changed at a later time using a special Item - the General Selector. You are also able to change the name of your General whenever you like! 

Items of Equipment received from battles are kept in your Inventory. These Items all have distinct qualities and improve the statistics of certain Offensive or, depending on the Item, Defensive Units. There are four types of Equipment Items: Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Legendary. You’ll receive Equipment Items as spoils of war when battling Xerxes’ forces at Persian Positions. Certain pieces of Equipment come locked in Coffers, for which you will require the appropriate Coffer Key to open. Keys can sometimes be recovered in battle, but should you be in need of a particular Key, you can get it at any time by visiting the Market. You can also upgrade your General’s Equipment, by breaking other Items into Pieces. Pieces can then be used to upgrade other Items. However, bear in mind that once broken, an Item cannot be mended – so think carefully before breaking. 

A limited number of Equipment Items can be stored in your General’s Inventory, although it is possible to unlock additional Slots using Drachmas. This will allow you to store more Equipment. Once all of the Slots have been filled, you must either break Equipment Items into Pieces, or remove them in order to free up space. Once your Inventory is full, any Equipment Items you collect will automatically be sent to the Temporary Inventory. Items in the Temporary Inventory will be stored for 2 days, after which time they will be destroyed unless you move them to your Inventory OR equip your General with them. NOTE: If both your Inventories are full when new Equipment from battles is received, the newest Items will replace the oldest ones in your Temporary Inventory. 

Now that you have all the information, it’s time to get to work! Start developing your General today! 

Basileus Leonidas

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 7, 2016, 11:4106/07/16
09/08/15

NIKITA METEOR said:

Now that you have all the information, it’s time to get to work! Start developing your General today!

Now that you have all the information, it's time to get to work! Start spending more drachmas today!
Jun 7, 2016, 12:2106/07/16
03/29/16
first question, is there any benefit between choosing a generalm they dont seem to offer anything different at first sight..
Jun 7, 2016, 12:2306/07/16
11/27/15
It seems an interesting addition, but was that necessary to destroy the city name appellation? could'nt you just add a general, without us having to re figure the names? and only two options. please give us a variety of generals figures, city schema, and avatars (ancient Greek based, that fit with the game theme, not crazy space  pumpkins and stuff...) 
Jun 7, 2016, 12:2506/07/16
08/25/14
You get equipment from playing Persians. Why are you talking about drachmas again ?
Jun 7, 2016, 13:3106/07/16
Jun 7, 2016, 14:22(edited)
07/12/15
FOLAS said:

It seems an interesting addition, but was that necessary to destroy the city name appellation?
Give your general a name and your city gets the same name as well.. is it magic or just silly??
Jun 7, 2016, 13:5006/07/16
Jun 7, 2016, 22:47(edited)
09/08/15

ThatBloke said:

You get equipment from playing Persians. Why are you talking about drachmas again ?

Oh really don't you see ?

Sometimes you'll get equipments, most of the time you get coffers and keys (that don't match) so you have to buy the keys to open the coffers and you end up with useless keys...

Moreover, this feature's aim is to entice players to play persians = to kill their troops = to revive them = to spend drachmas. Plarium probably noticed that most players had abandonned persians cuz they're crap unless you are a coiner, so they needed something new here. Sure we can spend 5 years building lights and heavies to eventually get a fully geared general but who will be playing in 5 years ? This system would be nice if it wasn't for the coffer/key part. Like play persians > get some equipment > nothing more ; but they had to add some money grab, again.

Of course, we can always not play persians and not get any bonus, which will increase the gap between big persian players (coiners) and regular players. They use the same system on Nords we know how it ends...

Jun 7, 2016, 14:0306/07/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:04(edited)
11/05/14

@Qojy

My thoughts exactly after reading this post.

Ka-ching!!!

Jun 7, 2016, 14:0906/07/16
08/03/15

This game is starting to become way more interesting! I can't wait for future updates!

To people who always complain, be glad that they support and update their game very often in comparison to other games. Especially to a company with 5-6 different games.
Jun 7, 2016, 15:0606/07/16
Jun 7, 2016, 15:06(edited)
09/25/15

I have one choice? The default guy is greyed out so you cant apply him? What are you selecting here?

http://prntscr.com/bdgz6y

Jun 7, 2016, 15:0806/07/16
07/25/14
Not you too!!!!!!!!
Jun 7, 2016, 15:5606/07/16
09/25/15

I understand that the fact that he is default suggest he is already chose however the select general option is still there and he has no bonoses listed

http://prntscr.com/bdhn60

Jun 7, 2016, 16:0206/07/16

that video was awesome and entertaining, u know that part about lvl 37 ^^

btw checked your other video about raiding 100k, galley trick, just small tip u must send 5% more carrying capacity to be able to carry what u want

so if u want tor aid 50k u must send 52.5k capacity

for 100k, u must send 105k carrying capacity:)

Jun 7, 2016, 20:4206/07/16
01/19/16
I like the idea of a general,  but as Folas has stated, why does the city name have to  become the name you choose for your general? We may like our city names, and we may wish to name our general something else. Also, I agree with  Qojy as to the spending of drachmas for keys. Not all of us are "money players" and we play for the enjoyment of the game. It becomes much less enjoyable if we are constantly having to spend cash (that we must work for) for drachmas to play the game competatively. Could we not have alternate ways of getting the required keys, like perhaps being able to trade keys with friends, allies and coalition members, and buy them with denari as well as drachmas? There will still be many players that will use drachmas, but it affords the rest of us a way to be competitive without going broke!
Jun 7, 2016, 21:4506/07/16
08/23/15

I have some questions: to what level it can boost the pieces of equipment of the general? There are differences in male general statistics or female?

Thanks!
Jun 7, 2016, 21:4806/07/16
08/16/15
I honestly don't see anything useful with this new feature or even if it's necessary. Don't over complicate the game! Maybe it's time you ask the players what they need to be introduced if your running out of ideas to make the game interesting.
Jun 7, 2016, 23:0506/07/16

so far by inspecting players and gathering some info i found out:

1. max on player was around 15% either defense or offense to all troops(including 1 purple and 3green items)

so max is probably somewhere around 40-50% bonus? depends how far upgrades will go I guess

2. in low level Persians u only get weak items and they only boost light infantry, for rest of troops it seems like u have to kill very high level positions

that's only my observation so far, nothing confirmed, but would like to know max u can get from geenral

Jun 8, 2016, 02:0006/08/16
Aug 26, 2019, 12:03(edited)

Hackerista said:

This game is starting to become way more interesting! I can't wait for future updates!

YAY !! I can't wait to see how many ways Plarium can figure out to screw over this game!!

If Plarium spent half as much time fixing serious bugs and issues within the game as they do changing the entire strategy of the game via lame attempts to suck more money out of players, you might have a point.

ThatBloke said:

Don't be a dunce.  Nobody wants to play Persians because it's retarded; so the only alternative if you want to take part in this new feature is spending drachmas, or playing a quest that results in spending drachmas. 

The explanation of this overly complicated feature is ridiculous.  Can I press 1 for English, please.
So. Much. Fun.   

...That's *sarcasm* if you still have your dunce hat on.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 8, 2016, 12:4106/08/16
09/17/15
lekkerdje said:

first question, is there any benefit between choosing a generalm they dont seem to offer anything different at first sight..
Only the different look