All Categories

Gain An Advantage In Warfare And Spying!

Gain An Advantage In Warfare And Spying!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jan 17, 2016, 15:1701/17/16
Jan 17, 2016, 15:22(edited)
09/08/14

TheElitePhantom said:

Disappointment like this is precisely the reason why we do not make announcements. Unexpected problems happen in development and postponements are very common.

The new items (requested by players for use against political attacks) are not the only feature of the new update. 

There were no unexpected problems, there were drachma purchasable items that had priority in development over the pantheon filter, which is evident in the recent update.

No you did not give us protection against politicals, you gave the protection to very people we were complaining about. Lyderis hit it on the spot, so now someone can do a lot of damage and be carefree since he can buy some scifi bubble that protects them from vengeance hits. We wanted an option to block a certain individual from throwing greeks at us, not to "Raise shields!" and stop all activity.

We wanted an option to protect our scouts, best you came up with is no scouting at all.

Seems to me we should stop suggesting things because every single time you take our idea and turn it in to the simplest drachma purchasable option that only seems you are doing it in our favour, but actually is complete opposite of what we wanted.

Jan 17, 2016, 19:2201/17/16
11/12/14

Uncle Junior said:

There were no unexpected problems, there were drachma purchasable items that had priority in development over the pantheon filter, which is evident in the recent update.

No you did not give us protection against politicals, you gave the protection to very people we were complaining about. Lyderis hit it on the spot, so now someone can do a lot of damage and be carefree since he can buy some scifi bubble that protects them from vengeance hits. We wanted an option to block a certain individual from throwing greeks at us, not to "Raise shields!" and stop all activity.

We wanted an option to protect our scouts, best you came up with is no scouting at all.

Seems to me we should stop suggesting things because every single time you take our idea and turn it in to the simplest drachma purchasable option that only seems you are doing it in our favour, but actually is complete opposite of what we wanted.

The filters were supposed to ship at the same time with emporia and the new items. A problem came up with the filters, so they were delayed. 

Any offensive action (including sending a political attack) invalidates a player's protection. If a person you are complaining about intends to use protection, he could have spent those drachmas on more assassins instead of shields. If he is using shields, then he can't send anymore political attacks unless he wants to lose his protection. Did you want to stop getting hit by political attacks, or did you want to retaliate against players who use them? 

The best you came up with was a scout tower with no details whatsoever (aside from replacing a tower slot). I need details. How much would they cost? How would they work? How many scouts can you protect and with what efficiency? Why should Plarium implement your solution? What makes it better than other solutions? What makes it worse? 

We can't read player's minds. You all let us know that you wanted more counterplay against assassins, but there was suggestion vomit as to how to do that. Some people wanted to change the nature of political attacks to disrupt resource/unit production. Other people wanted a shield. Others wanted some sort of building. I have no idea why Gorgo would give us his details about a political attack protection building now, instead of when he said he wanted a new building. In any case, now you have more counterplay. It might not be the form that you wanted, but it addresses the initial concern.

Jan 18, 2016, 09:5901/18/16
Jan 18, 2016, 10:05(edited)
09/08/14

I'm sure if recent features were put on hold and effort was concentrated on the desperately needed free pantheon filter it would have been made months ago. 

Yes we did want a counterplay against assassins, but not something that would block our gameplay as well. Shield stops all operations. Why are we unable to raid if the purpose of the shield is to stop assassins? You just gave them an option to send an assassin and then initiate shield so there's absolutely nothing we can do against them. Did you know assassin lands within 3 minutes and you cant see him coming? Shield would have to be active all the time, thats pricy and stops all activity in the city.

Your selective memory is not amusing. You said the same thing in that topic and I replied giving you all details you requested. Even if I didn't (but I did) then you initiate a further discussion asking for the details and not criticize every suggestion posted on the forums and then come up with something more convenient for plarium to make and sell. Just so you would have an excuse that you tried. At least a scout tower would give a little strategy to the game, you have to pick if you would rather have more city defense bonus or guard your scouts. All these new features are just shortcuts taking away all strategy. I'm a coiner and I shouldn't complain on those since I can have them at any time, but I am complaining because its killing the little strategy that's left in the game.

No one is asking you to read their minds, but then communicate and present the problems you are having on your side and give the community a chance instead of criticizing every suggestions and coming up with your own solutions that in the end are not nearly what we had in mind.

Most people come on the forums with suggestions because a certain feature is imbalanced and they are frustrated with it, you criticizing them instead of trying to figure out how to change it for the better doesnt help.
Jan 18, 2016, 14:5501/18/16
02/02/15

I have already left my answer concerning Filters in another thread, but I'll repeat it here for all Archons to see - the feature was almost ready, however, our engineers have found some serious bugs with Battle Reports and it was decided to release this feature with the next update in order to fix this bug. I don't think that players will be happy to receive errors in Battle Reports.

I have disclosed the situation we have faced with and I hope for your understanding

Jan 25, 2016, 09:3401/25/16
09/08/14
Out of curiosity, sending sieges to pantheons will not break the city protection. Was this intentional or a bug?
Jan 25, 2016, 13:2301/25/16
Jan 26, 2016, 07:13(edited)
08/25/14

Well, I don't know if you had time to experiment while you were under your nice shiny bubble the other day, but AFAIK, beginners protection shouldn't completely drop if you raid another city : it only allows this specific target to attack you back.

Well, wait, maybe this actually works differently. The one I could experiment a few months ago was returning player's protection, and it was in Stormfall (as I had accidentally cilked on Stormfall 1 year ago and didn't move any further, so the castle was automatically created, and when i started playing to give it a try like 6 months later, I got returning player's shield).

Apparently, this one allows to stay protected from all but the ones you've attacked.

So I was wondering if that sci-fi shield lost in ancient Greece would work the same way... And since a pantheon isn't supposed to retaliate, then maybe a difference is made between attcking another player or somehting else (you should have tried with emporia as well ^^)

But I agree it's twisted. Safely attacking pantheons whille staying under shield protection... That's quite scandalous actually. :p Somehting should be done quickly IMHO...

Jan 25, 2016, 21:0001/25/16
11/12/14
Uncle Junior said:

Out of curiosity, sending sieges to pantheons will not break the city protection. Was this intentional or a bug?
I have been corrected. Any offensive action towards a city will break protection. I'm not sure if it was intentional or an effort to save work.
Jan 26, 2016, 07:1501/26/16
Jan 26, 2016, 07:15(edited)
08/25/14

Well, when beginners' protecton has been implemented, there was no pantheon yet, or nobody though a beginner would harm a pantheon with a pair of swordsmen...

So it was probably thought with only player's mutual interaction in mind.

It should be extended to attacking anything now, or it would be just unfair. :)

Jan 26, 2016, 19:1601/26/16
09/08/14
This needs to be changed, I can attack a pantheon that contains the entire coalition and keep the shield. Give some chance to players to fight back. Any aggressive action needs to cancel the protection.