New Feature: Relocation Pools!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Sep 18, 2015, 13:2209/18/15
02/02/15

Relocate your City to New Coordinates! Gain a Strategic Advantage!

Archons!

Have you allowed your opponents to gain an edge over you? Are you looking for a better location for your City? If you would like to be closer to your Pantheons and Coalition Members, you will be pleased to know that the gods have shown you favor!

From now on, you can relocate your City to a new location on the Map by using Relocation Pools. On the Map, you will see new places called Vacant Lots. These are designated locations to which you can move your City. When a City is relocated, it will leave behind a Vacant Lot. Vacant Lots cannot be raided, besieged, spied upon, etc.

Relocation Pools are special items that are used to change the location of a City. There are 2 types of Relocation Pools:

1. A Pool of Fate can be used to relocate a City to a random Vacant Lot.

2. A Pool of Fidelity can be used to relocate a City to a specific Vacant Lot.

After relocating your City, you will need to wait about 5 minutes before you can use another Relocation Pool.

BE ADVISED: Once you relocate your City, you CANNOT move it back to its previous coordinates.

These new Items are now available in Special Offer Packages!

Get a Relocation Pool today! Expand your horizons and improve your City’s strategic position!

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 18, 2015, 14:2709/18/15
01/27/15
Will these new pools be available in the market aftyer the promotion or are they through drachma packages only?
Sep 18, 2015, 14:4909/18/15
04/06/15

RIX said:

Will these new pools be available in the market aftyer the promotion or are they through drachma packages only?
hello archon

Maybe, I'm not sure. But for the first time you'll be able to buy them only on the special Offer

Sep 18, 2015, 15:0409/18/15
08/25/14
after playing over 12 months now..this update might cause me to quit this game all together..this is a lot of bull..this moving city is not needed..it's stupid IMO
Sep 18, 2015, 15:2309/18/15
10/04/14
Totally agree!
Sep 18, 2015, 15:2409/18/15
11/29/14
Is it one time move restricted or can you still move to new location after/ later ?
Sep 18, 2015, 15:4609/18/15
03/02/15

Hi Archon,

You can move all time that you whant ;)

Sep 18, 2015, 16:0909/18/15
01/08/15
......the relocation item only purchase by dollar not drachma......there no way i can move my dirty city to cleaner area....i wanna green the area with my city under political smoke. i wanna polute the ppl near my ghost city.
Sep 18, 2015, 16:1209/18/15
01/27/15
This idea was brought up in the suggestion section a month or so back.  I was against it mainly for the reason that you will lose many cities to farm from.  However, since it is now an option and I am not quitting the game, I will move my city but 1st I need to find a strategic location 
Sep 18, 2015, 16:4609/18/15
Sep 18, 2015, 18:31(edited)

While this presents some potentially interesting game play adjustments, forcing players to spend additional money to acquire these items is disappointing.

I would also suggest that removing a player's existing "Protectorates" was a wrong thing to do.
Sep 18, 2015, 17:3509/18/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14

if you relocate,

do you lose all your friends?

do your friend lose you?

do you lose your heroes?

As there must be a cross-index between your cords and all your friends' cords.

Is this data index, updated?

======================================

When playing this came, you build a memory map of peoples, friends and foes.

If relocation is possible, that long time building of mental familiarity is destroyed.

This modification was not thought through understanding the full implications of it.

It seems someone got an idea, and just simple stupid implemented, without thinking.

===============================================

We spend all kinds of time building a beautiful city, and sparta trashes, by

have the tournament icon, the discount icon and the wheel icon not on the border with the remaining icons,

thereby destroying the maximum viewing rectangle possible, thereby destroying game pleasure in viewing.

==============================================

In the above two areas, someone has a serious screw loose at Sparta HQ.

Leonidas lack sufficient forethought and intelligence, and is counter productive to game enjoyment.

Sep 18, 2015, 17:3809/18/15
Sep 18, 2015, 17:40(edited)

Monopolus said:

if you relocate,

do you lose all your friends?

do your friend lose you?

do you lose your heroes?

As there must be a cross-index between your cords and all your friends' cords.

Is this data index, updated?

======================================

When playing this came, you build a memory map of peoples, friends and foes.

If relocation is possible, that long time building of mental familiarity is destroyed.

This modification was not thought through understanding the full implications of it.

It seems someone got an idea, and just simple stupid implemented, without thinking.

===============================================

We spend all kinds of time building a beautiful city, and sparta trashes, by

have the tournament icon, the discount icon and the wheel icon not on the border with the remaining icons,

thereby destroying the maximum viewing rectangle possible, thereby destroying game pleasure in viewing.

==============================================

In the above two areas, someone has a serious screw loose at Sparta HQ.

Leonidas has no shame, no forethought, lack serious intelligence, and is counter production to game enjoyment.

There is a Q & A provided by Leomidas:

http://forum.plarium.com/en/sparta-war-of-empires/game-discussion/topics/relocation-pools---unsettling-questions/

It might answer some of the questions that you have???

Sep 18, 2015, 20:3809/18/15
Sep 18, 2015, 20:41(edited)
01/27/15

You lose absolutely nothing.  I have already moved and there are zero changes to my game play other than location.  It was simple

Your persian positions move with your too.  I have 12 of them knocked down to 1 bar and they were moved to my new location in the exact distance away from me before I moved
Sep 18, 2015, 21:4409/18/15
10/11/14

it is good that a suggestion on the forum has been taken seriously dy the developers.

Just one thing.

Will new players cities appear in slots if left vacant?

Personally, I think the map is big enough and has enough vacant slots already.
Sep 19, 2015, 07:3809/19/15
01/08/15

Moving an city is not deleting an city, this new improve moving city only move you're well develop city to new area and those enemy will be enemy and friend always will be enemy.

Moving an city to nearest defended pan or even to close friend city that being close to you even if he/she were actually far from you, just tag along with some close friend and start building up with him/she and look after each and other without being so far from love.

for those top ranking coali they will surely move to the nearest border rather than to the nearest pan they were defending because they will and always expand their pan takeover closer to the enemy line.

some or maybe alot cash user will stay behind enemy line because they are offensive city and will take this chance to lay a full scale oblivion attack on the pan they were desperate wanted to take from the age ago.

For some, they prefer staying to the same spot because they are well farmilliar to their surrounding and making good progress building up and saving some1 late.

for me, i just cant buy any relocated potion because im not a cash user, my opinion were moving to the outside the grip of the map where alot lowbee around and stay there to avoid old nemesis and new nemesis, i dont like making war upon some1 cos i rather build my army and bully xerxes.

as for those who still doubt about this new system, feel free to ask youre question here, were happy to answer but not me...i never ever can move cos there is no relocated pocitions.
Sep 19, 2015, 10:1409/19/15
08/25/14

Hello,

I have  question regarding the fact the moved city can't be relocated to its original location... It's also written your former location becomes a vacant one, so what would forbid to select it using a second Fidelity Pool ? ;)

Sep 19, 2015, 12:5209/19/15
01/27/15
ThatBloke said:

Hello,

I have  question regarding the fact the moved city can't be relocated to its original location... It's also written your former location becomes a vacant one, so what would forbid to select it using a second Fidelity Pool ? ;)

I was wondering the same thing and I am wiilling to bet  that you can move back as long as it does not get taken..
Sep 19, 2015, 14:4609/19/15
04/06/15

ThatBloke said:

Hello,

Hello

the move can not go back to your old location, but if you can move to whenever you want elsewhere

Sep 20, 2015, 15:4409/20/15
03/29/15

Has this been verified by someone trying to move back?

I was wondering the same thing also as thatbloke and rix.

Since your original location would then be a vacant pool, what's to stop you moving back there, unless some block from doing so.   Also, if you move to another location that isn't your original one, could you move back to that one again? or can you never return to any spot you have previously occupied.

I maybe would've liked to go on a tour then come back to my sparta birthplace, if taken by no-one else.  Bit like a caravanning holiday around the land.  If that can't be done then i would have to settle for a return around the same area.

This would be better if you could book a limited few plots of land, without moving in, then use them as holiday homes whever it takes your fancy.

Sep 29, 2015, 12:1609/29/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:45(edited)
11/05/14
les basins seront il mit en vente au marché noir?
Oct 1, 2015, 02:3810/01/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14
Are you going to sell the pools again? Either offer them in another package or put them in the market?