CDB - The City Defence Bonus

15 Replies
Bye
23 August, 2017, 5:14 PM UTC

As questions have resurfaced lately in regard to the CDB (City Defence Bonus) value, here's a quick reminder, or primer for newer players:

The CDB is displayed on the left-hand side of the toolbar top centre:

It shows a value which expresses which additional defensive bonus units defending the city outside the Acropolis will receive: 100 CDB points add 1% defence:

Defensive bonus in % = (CDB / 100) / 100

In the above screenshot, for example, this would add up to:

+141,69% = (14.169 / 100) / 100

An additional +150% defensive bonus is nothing to sneer at, though it will take some time and more than a few Drachmas to get there, but it can be done. Below you'll find a table with all fortifications, buildings, decor and other elements which are able to contribute to the CDB:

Note that the maximum total shown above can be improved with special city schemes and decor and that it does make a slight difference if one is playing on a plarium.com or Facebook server.

This forum thread also discusses city scheme bonuses and CDB values in general.

Cheers
P.

UTC +2:00
elias
23 August, 2017, 8:12 PM UTC

Good, very good.

siempre pensando
RIX
3 September, 2017, 12:03 PM UTC

This is with a 20% city defense enhancer and 24% phylarch boost:

A T H E N A
UTC -5:00
Xena
3 September, 2017, 3:58 PM UTC

RIX said:

Nice one there RIX! 

Do you defend your city often? Cause such a CDF is very useful! 
Warrior Princess
RIX
3 September, 2017, 6:46 PM UTC
Xena said:

RIX said:

Nice one there RIX! 

Do you defend your city often? Cause such a CDF is very useful! 
Very rarely LOL  I have seen some CDF much higher than this as well.  Those St. Patricks day decor came in handy but at a price 
A T H E N A
Bye
3 September, 2017, 7:04 PM UTC

RIX said:

Very rarely LOL  I have seen some CDF much higher than this as well.  Those St. Patricks day decor came in handy but at a price 

One of the few extras I invested in, don't really recall why. Guess it was St. Patrick's Day so I was less than sober. 

Anyone remember how much CDB they had assigned?

RIX
4 September, 2017, 12:09 AM UTC
The Irate Penguin said:

RIX said:

One of the few extras I invested in, don't really recall why. Guess it was St. Patrick's Day so I was less than sober. 

Anyone remember how much CDB they had assigned?

Great question.  I don't recall.  I have 32 of the leprechaun however, ive seen cities with maxed with just leprechauns 
A T H E N A
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
4 September, 2017, 9:08 AM UTC
The one that costs 170 gives 17 CDB, the one that costs 300 - 33 CDB. If I remember correctly, Leprechaun gives 33, other 2 - 17.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Bye
4 September, 2017, 1:13 PM UTC

RIX said:

I have 32 of the leprechaun however, ive seen cities with maxed with just leprechauns 

Maxed with leprechauns only? Spine-chilling. I am now officially scared. Sounds like a dream I once had :-). 

Plarium recently asked regarding suggestions for new units. Besides a PA, we definitely need a PF, a Potato Famine.

RIX
4 September, 2017, 5:04 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

The one that costs 170 gives 17 CDB, the one that costs 300 - 33 CDB. If I remember correctly, Leprechaun gives 33, other 2 - 17.

That's it!  TY

The Irate Penguin said:

Plarium recently asked regarding suggestions for new units. Besides a PA, we definitely need a PF, a Potato Famine.

LMAO!

A T H E N A
Jose acosta
15 September, 2017, 1:14 PM UTC

Yo también tengo ese de san patricio en mi ciudad…

alguien same la mejor combinacion para este bonnus??

UTC +0:00
Bye
16 September, 2017, 11:37 AM UTC

Jose acosta said:

Yo también tengo ese de san patricio en mi ciudad…

Are you asking how much CDB this decor contributes? If, so please see Alyona's above post:

If not, hat prcisely do you mean by "combination"?

Cheers
P.

Jose acosta
18 September, 2017, 4:00 PM UTC

The Irate Penguin said:

Jose acosta said:

Are you asking how much CDB this decor contributes? If, so please see Alyona's above post:

If not, hat prcisely do you mean by "combination"?

Cheers
P.

a lo que me refiero con la combinación un ejemplo es asi:

20 angoras

3 zapadores

ETC ETC

UTC +0:00
Ididicus
1 October, 2017, 6:47 AM UTC

Soooo ... if someone has a city def value of say 500 ... their C.D.V. will be what exactly?

will that lower the troops defense value in their city ?

the math and the % value is confusing 

UTC +4:00
RIX
3 October, 2017, 5:53 PM UTC

Ididicus said:

Soooo ... if someone has a city def value of say 500 ... their C.D.V. will be what exactly?

depends specifically what you have.  

A T H E N A
Bye
19 October, 2017, 11:18 AM UTC

Ididicus said:

Every CDB point = 0.01% added to troops defending the city; A CDB of 500 then would add 5% to all defending troops.

Cheers
P.

1722158 users registered; 42791 topic; 271906 posts; our newest member:vgs67