Emporia. Additional info.

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jan 14, 2016, 19:3901/14/16
02/02/15

Emporia are special resource sites which differ by the type of resources they hold: Grain, Timber, Bronze, Denarii, and Drachmas. They also differ in size for players of varying levels: low-level players can see only small Emporias, middle-level players - medium size Emporias, while high-level players can fight for the Emporias with the biggest resource reserves.

Emporias appear in the Oracle at different times of the day. If a Emporia is not captured within 24 hours, it disappears from the Map.

INTERACTIONS

CAPTURE. To capture an Emporia, you will need Ox Carts– special resource collectors. You can increase the number of available Ox Cart by using your Scrolls of Wisdom in the Academy (Upgrade the branch to get to the Maximum Colonies number)

Important! Ox Carts are not Units – you don’t need to send them to the Emporias. They just allow you to capture more Emporias.

If Allies or members of the same Coalition try to capture an Emporia simultaneously, the first player who comes to the Emporia, will capture it. The Troops of other Coalition mates or allies return to their Cities.

UNITS FOR EMPORIA CAPTURE. You need to send both Offensive and Defensive Units. Offensive Units fight for the Emporias and then are automatically sent to the Acropolis in case of the successful battle. Defensive Units stay at the Emporias for the resource collection. If the battle is lost, the remaining Troops of both types go to your Acropolis.

ATTACK. You may also attack Emporias. To do so, you need to send offensive troops only. In such a case, you can fight against the Emporia's owner but no resources will be collected.

RECONNING. No changes.

REINFORCEMENTS. Can be sent only to the Emporias where only your own Troops are stationed.

RESOURCE COLLECTION

RESOURCE COLLECTION SPEED. Depends on the specific Agreement level. Upon the release of Emporia, all the players get the required Agreement researched. Resource collection speed is determined at the moment that the Emporia is captured. So, you need to upgrade the Agreement BEFORE capturing an Emporia if you want to increase the resource collection speed.

AMOUNT OF THE RESOURCES. It depends on the capacity of the Troops defending it. Having collected the maximum amount of resources, the Troops automatically return to the Acropolis.

RECALLING UNITS.

The Units you have stationed will automatically return to your Acropolis with the goods as soon as they have fully loaded. However, you can recall the defensive Units stationed at a Emporia before they are the loading is complete. If you do this, they will return to your Acropolis with the Resources they had managed to load, and the Emporia becomes vacant - that is, you will no longer occupy it and will have to Capture it again if you wish to maintain control of it.

If you want to recall only some portion of the Units stationed there, you can do so, and they will come back empty-handed, leaving the Resources collected at the Emporia with their fellow soldiers that you didn’t recall. But if the amount of Units you want to recall would leave too few Units to carry the Resources loaded at the Emporia back, ALL Units stationed at that Emporia will return - bringing the goods collected with them.

Use this information and try out the new Emporias!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

*Be advised: Although both amounts are determined by the Unit’s carrying capacity, some Resources are heavier than others - Drachmas, for example. Your Units will be able to carry fewer Drachmas for every bit of carrying capacity than they will Food.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 14, 2016, 19:4101/14/16
12/03/14
Jan 14, 2016, 22:2101/14/16
04/06/15
Jan 15, 2016, 07:5801/15/16
Jul 13, 2019, 12:05(edited)
Dont like this emporia thing. When your defense troops have reached their carrying capacity, they auto recall back to your city and u lose the emporia. ill read up on your page again but i dont get it.
Jan 15, 2016, 08:2201/15/16
05/13/15
One of the most satisfying thing with this game is when you hit other player's offense in a colony before they can recall it. Now it's no longer possible because offense will automatically go back to acropolis. This game is becoming less and less fun.
Jan 15, 2016, 10:4401/15/16
Jan 15, 2016, 10:53(edited)
06/06/15

Very bad improvement.....

Colonys was good, now Emporia is bad in many reasons......

Jan 15, 2016, 13:4501/15/16
03/02/15
Really Great Updates! 
Jan 15, 2016, 17:5901/15/16
11/12/14
Once your units reach their maximum carrying capacity, they will automatically recall and deposit their collected resources. Send more units to hold emporia for longer periods of time, or continue to send units after they return.
Jan 15, 2016, 18:2901/15/16
06/20/15

And according to the write up on Emporia, we can no longer participate in joint defense of emporia.  One of the things many of us enjoyed is rallying multiple players defenses and putting them in a colony to collect PVP from attackers.  This seems to be no longer possible with the exception of on an individual basis only.

I thing that is not good, I like the joint defense idea, in other places.  In fact, I'd like for the game to allow joint defenses on archon's city sieges in a similar fashion, so if my coalition member sieges an archon's city, I can send reinforcements that will help him defend that siege instead of the way it works now, the reinforcements will attempt to liberate the archon's city.  Liberate should also be an option, but reinforcements should always mean sending defense troops.

Concerned active player

Jan 15, 2016, 21:0501/15/16
Oct 12, 2020, 12:03(edited)
It is a good idea for lower level player, and much complicated for higher ones. With the diference between offensive and defensive troops, doesn´t woth to fight for them, lot of loosers. good for the group, bad for a person
Jan 16, 2016, 12:4101/16/16
01/08/15

Wao, i just test this new Em-boring Colony, it need your army to carry the load back from the Em-boring colony, the amount of capacity of the harvest to be carry is count on your army capability load.....well hopefully im nt gonna waste my time on those thing cos if you need the resource you have to put an Army there to harvest and carry back to your long trip to home.

Emboring are now certificated to Cash user where they have enough men to play along, while for non casher, either you wanna waste an entire army at a drachma vault or you can just ignore this Em-boring.
Jan 16, 2016, 15:5201/16/16
09/04/14

How do i get moderator status so i can leave positive feedback or smiley face?

Jan 16, 2016, 16:0001/16/16
04/06/15

Victory said:

How do i get moderator status so i can leave positive feedback or smiley face?

Archon is not necessary, you can find the faces in this section, when you are publishing or write something

Jan 17, 2016, 06:2001/17/16
10/13/14

Need to have colonies and emporias at the same time. That would make everyone happy. Many players have been accustomed to using the colonies to gather most of their PVP. I know that some units will clash at the emporias, but the interaction will not be the same that many are use to seeing at the colonies. Also the emporias do not seem to be worth the trouble for resource gathering in my opinion. 

Spike
Jan 17, 2016, 12:0301/17/16
Jan 17, 2016, 12:19(edited)
11/24/15

Now what's the use of THOLOS Building,

And for a level 58 player myself and a non cash spender, I find Emporia's a vast improvement over colonies because there always will be unclaimed emporia's to find which saves the trouble of killing vast armies of other players, Unless some keep on sending defences to collect and collect. The great thing is that the units come back to Acropolis, which saves the trouble from constantly monitoring this activity

And Please can you Create more Coalition missions, Its great to have teamwork and doing missions with a team.

Jan 17, 2016, 15:0901/17/16
08/25/14

The use of the Tholos is still to allow holding a given number of emporia at the same time.

Now classical colonies and emporia (settlement and hamlets, respectively) do coexist on Stormfall, so why wouldn't it be the case here ?

Jan 17, 2016, 15:4901/17/16
12/03/14
ThatBloke said:

Now classical colonies and emporia (settlement and hamlets, respectively) do coexist on Stormfall, so why wouldn't it be the case here ?

It would be great if we have both! 
Jan 17, 2016, 19:2801/17/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:53(edited)
11/05/14

Ok ... i got tht you want to implement some new feature .. but why in th world you remove the colonies ?? colony feature was way better then this emporia ... and i m quiet sure most of active player will agree with me on this .... really wrist idea ... then again wht we can expect from u ??? 

[There's no need to quote the entire post. We know what you're replying to.

TheElitePhantom]
Jan 18, 2016, 11:4301/18/16
Jan 19, 2016, 02:10(edited)
08/25/14

OK, so now we have to learn how to use these.

First of all, low level and high end players no longer share the same list : that was one of the the frequent requests that were made by players too weak to defend against scavengers.

Note that colonies could very well be re-introduced using the same rule. Maybe an idea to remember...

Then why the hell are there so many freaks arounf thinking colonies were PvP supermarkets ??? How many people hit mine and  told me "it was for PvP" ? Well, Pvp, they got some, maybe not the way they intended.

And of course, this unpleasant behavior is still occurring with emporia, except you can't get help from friends for joint defense, and you're somewhat force to expose your troops just to be able to carry resources back...

The only point about PvP I agree with, is when one of those rude people attacked my colonies and got a retaliation raid. Well, I'm just going on doing the same with emporia, as they still didn't learn politeness !

So apart from the fact you're alone and you an't just put 1 jav and retaliate, they work prety much the same way, but your losses are now huge, and almost certain.

I really think both kinds should be aviilable together, in sufficient quantities, to allow players to select according to their tastes.

Maybe one interesting feature is, if you don't send enough defense to stay to the end, the emporia are self liberating, so different players can alternate ownership.

It offers other players trying to race for them an opportunity to just share them instead of fighting. Provided you're not interfering with one of the rude people quoted above, maybe it's still the best way to use them (actually, I did it a lot already with colonies).

Too many people seem to forget players interaction isn't limited to aggression and hate messages... :p I still think the most interesting aspect of the game is talking to each other, befriending and cooperate on these kinds of targets, rather than fighting.

Well, it's just my point of view of course, but anyway, when you'll find yourself competing with other players for one of this extra-rare drachmas emporia, maybe you should still think about this. ;)

Jan 18, 2016, 19:0601/18/16
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)
I've only been playing for a month, but this seems like a fantastic update. I really like how the emporia are level dependent, before I had no hope of holding drachma vaults but this has made it possible for anyone. It's also nice that you have to leave to collect, making it less likely that you need to wage war to get one. (But you still can if you want to, of course!) Overall I think this was a huge step towards making the game more enjoyable for everyone, and it has me looking forward to future updates. Thanks Plarium developers!
Jan 19, 2016, 00:1601/19/16
10/10/14

While I'm all for fixing the host of problems in this game and improving and adding to various aspects of the game to increase the choice of options, tactics and strategy, I'm getting real tired of there being no simple fixes for the age old problems and with the only "improvements" being such complete and utter nonsense as this under the guise of supposedly making things more fair.

It's suppose to be a war game and one which use to require a long term outlook and plan as well as some common sense to survive and succeed. As at one point we were ALL low level players. And at one point, one did not even consider playing the colony game until one was at least a level 60-65 player.

For which those of us who have paid our dues to reach a degree of success are now being told that all of our time and efforts have lead to our having some kind of an unfair advantage for which we must be limited and punished.

As since this, and yet once again unannounced, unexplained and non-clarified nonsense began, there has been only 1 drachma emporium ever available to myself given my level, while others within the same area of the map as myself have as many as 8 available to them. For which the ability to collect more from a drachma emporium as a higher level player is made entirely irrelevant when there is only 1 such emporium in existence. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it needs mending then mend it, rather than completely altering it beyond all recognition, reality and relevancy.