(time) confirmation regarding bonuses applied

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 24, 2018, 19:1902/24/18
01/05/16

(time) confirmation regarding bonuses applied

hello folks , if anyone of you moderators could confirm a doubt i have ,

now when you send a raid/siege/coa attack , while your troops are already marching forward towards the target and are almost there ,

if you then switch on your bonuses , dominion , elixirs , offence bonus from the amphitheatre , 20% offence bonus , equip your general (according to those specific units involved) , then will all of their added bonus take affect on those troops that are already marching to their target?

or is it compulsary to add all these bonuses for it to take effect on your troops and then launch them?

just curious .

thankyou.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 25, 2018, 18:5902/25/18
01/10/16
same question
MariusAdmin
Feb 26, 2018, 09:2702/26/18
09/04/17
As the effect is universal and applies to all Troops no matter where they are, it should still be applied to the Troops that are marching towards their target as well.
Mar 3, 2018, 18:0703/03/18
Mar 3, 2018, 18:08(edited)
08/22/15
Dimitri Molchanov said:

As the effect is universal and applies to all Troops no matter where they are, it should still be applied to the Troops that are marching towards their target as well.
Is that a confirmation or a big Should ?
MariusAdmin
Mar 5, 2018, 09:0803/05/18
09/04/17
In this "Should apply" means that under normal circumstances it is supposed to work, yes. 
Mar 5, 2018, 13:0603/05/18
Mar 5, 2018, 13:08(edited)

just a few minutes ago, i watched something different.

i send out a raid and realized that no dominion mode was active because of the ressources possible to send to the city. i then quickly activate dominion and try again to send full amount of ressources to get the maximum out of the raid but nothing changes! 

after that raid i started another raid to another city and this time the correct amount of resources could be send out.

so in fact, i lost some loot because of the bonus was not applied to the first raid were my troops are underway to the target when activated.

next time i will check for the time left for the raid to go in, but i guess the speed-bonus will not applied to troops that were still underway too.

Mar 5, 2018, 16:2003/05/18
01/05/16

as klaatu said , that means its doesnt affect on the troops if their already marching towards the target  , ah

yeah speed wont change , but since capacity doesnt change means the offence bonus also wont change or be applied for the troops that are already marching towards a target , 

perhaps we should try it out , sending 1k javs in one city , and 1k jas in another city , send out a 100 swords for a raid , while their about to reach the target , switch on dom , and all the bonuses , and see the report , then as the dom and all the bonunses are on we should send another 100 swords to the other city containing 1k javs , and see the difference between the two reports of how many kill and how many losses , that can determine the answer to the doubt we have i suppose , will try it out later on , but should send those javs to level 2 cities containing no towers and so on
MariusAdmin
Mar 6, 2018, 08:2003/06/18
09/04/17
A test would be interesting indeed. There is nothing stating that the bonuses only apply to the Troops stationed in your City (unlike certain other Enhancers that do point it out) and you can see the bonuses displayed for all Troops in their offensive stats. While Capacity will likely stay the same because it's decided when the Army is marching out of your City, I think their offensive stats should still increase because they do not come into play until the actual battle starts.
Mar 6, 2018, 14:0103/06/18
Mar 6, 2018, 14:09(edited)
04/13/16

maybe it's the same  with the time  when you  accept an friend request from someboy and don't refresh the game when you make an trade   (nothing changes on the time youre galley travel to him  )

but from my experience    in the past doing  the one days raidings  ..if   the movement speed  bonus   it  was  applied after i sent my one days raids the speed of my army sent before will not change 

p.s.  Dimitry responses   as  usual    i don't have   words   to describe  what i'm thinking of you without getting an ban  ..anyhow this it's my  500 post on this forum ..so i should receive an ban as an gift because this it's the way you guys compensate the  guys here  :))

Mar 6, 2018, 17:0103/06/18
01/05/16

hey dimitri!

okay so i did a testing , got someone to send 500 javs in a level 2 city , and 500 javs in another level 2 city , made sure the fortifications are exactly the same , 

i sent 100 swords to one of the city , and when they were a minute closer to hitting the target , i switched on dominion , quipped general , switched on 25% off bonus of amphitheatre , 

here is the result https://prnt.sc/inonbj

then , with all these bonuses already on , i sent 100 swords to the other city with 500 javs present in there , to see if there is any difference , 

now when i hit the target ,

here is the result https://prnt.sc/inonix

its very wierd , the reports somwhat differ , in a way that was not expecting , 

the first 100 swords were sent without these bonuses on , and were turned on when about to hit the target , and i killed 280 javs , lost 52 swords and got 143 pvp , 

now when the bonuses were already on i sent 100 swords to the other city with same amount of javs , (i thought i will kill more) , but , opposite happened , 

i had the same losses , of 52 swords , killed 266 javs which is 14 javs lesser than first report , and got lesser pvp of 136 , 

thats kinda wierd , lol

MariusAdmin
Mar 7, 2018, 08:5803/07/18
09/04/17
Huh, that is weird! I will try to run a few tests myself and see how it goes!
MariusAdmin
Mar 7, 2018, 10:3303/07/18
09/04/17

Update! Here is what I managed on the Test Server. All attacks were on the same City, no changes were made to the attacker's or defender's forces that are not specified.

Raid #1 - no enhances or bonuses.

Looks like I missed Leonidas' Javelineer there, but he does not make that much of a difference.

Raid#2 - 20% Offense Enhancer, activated while the attacking force was already marching.

Raid#3 - 20% Offense Enhancer already active, Dominion Level 8 activated while the attacking force was on the march.

There are variables affecting the battle outcome, so sometimes you might see weird stuff like you had (or maybe there was something that was not taken in account, I am not sure!). However, as per above screenshots it seems like the Offense bonuses do apply even if they are activated when your Army is on the move 

Mar 7, 2018, 19:2703/07/18
Mar 7, 2018, 19:28(edited)
01/05/16

thanks for making an effort to test it out mate , looks convincing , 

what results i got was absolutely wierd , did nothing wrong , but i will try it out again , this time same city , not different ones , for my own satisfaction i want to test it out , lol

anyways thankyou for sharing the reports which weigh more toward confirming that they should work , 

have a good day !
MariusAdmin
Mar 12, 2018, 08:4703/12/18
09/04/17
The Punisher said:

thanks for making an effort to test it out mate , looks convincing , 

what results i got was absolutely wierd , did nothing wrong , but i will try it out again , this time same city , not different ones , for my own satisfaction i want to test it out , lol

anyways thankyou for sharing the reports which weigh more toward confirming that they should work , 

have a good day !
No problem, it was actually quite fun to run different tests! And I am rather curious what went on in your own test as well  If you find out, feel free to post the results here!
Mar 12, 2018, 14:3003/12/18
10/07/15

The Punisher said:

yeah speed wont change , 

An update on this: if you send raid out and your dominion is on, and in the middle of the raid you run out of dominion, the raid will slow down, just like you launched it without dominion (i guess), but if you dont have dominion on and you send raid and than turn it on it wont speed up the raid... i have tested this few times, so im certain in that... and i always figured same would be applied to the boost you were talking about...
MariusAdmin
Mar 12, 2018, 16:0703/12/18
09/04/17
I think that is the case of certain parameters - speed of travel in this case - coming into play at the time of the Raid being sent and others (Unit offense stats) at the time of the battle. It is the same with Emporia Resource gathering bonus, it has to be applied before you send your Troops.
Mar 14, 2018, 01:3503/14/18
01/05/16

Gman , thanks for the input mate

Dmitri , he there buddy , well i forgot about trying out the test again , had some action going on lately , will check it out later on and will definetly post it!
MariusAdmin
Mar 14, 2018, 08:5903/14/18
09/04/17
Thank you for following up and good luck with your battles! 
Mar 19, 2018, 03:0703/19/18
01/05/16

dmitri! hey there mate , 

i did the test again , here are the results , 

500 javeliners sent to a city , i then launched 100 swords , while they were on their way and about to reach the target , i then turned on dominion , 20% offence enhancer , 25% offence bonus (amphitheatre) , here is the result https://prnt.sc/it36vc

55 swords lost , 267 javeliners killed

second attempt , while these bonuses were already active , 500 javs sent to the same city and 100 swords launched to see the difference , here is the result https://prnt.sc/it36zj

55 swords lost same as previous , however i killed 2 javeliners lesser than the first test , and got 1 point lesser in pvp 

when i had done this test before , i thought you may have been right that its because i had done on different cities it may have manipulated the results , this time i made sure everything was done perfectly and in order , lol

i dont know about you guys , but i think i will activate my bonuses when my troops are about to hit the target from now on! lol

cheers folks

MariusAdmin
Mar 19, 2018, 09:3403/19/18
09/04/17
I think that the enemy casualties might be subject to the little variables that can affect battle results, though it does show that overall, there is no difference whether you activate the bonuses during the travel time or before you send your Troops out