system lag is cheating people out of drachma

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Dec 16, 2017, 15:2212/16/17
10/24/17

I have attempted to upgrade my buildings, only to have lag cause serious use of drachma i did not intend to use.

when you click on a building inside your city - the delay or lag causes the building window to appear - and hold

you click on the upgrade button, and 10 seconds later - the button moves to the left and a new button "instantly build with drachma" appears where the normal button was - you get to sit and watch as your drachma drains away to fast build a building --- with a super high cost in drachme !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to gather enough drachma to buy important things like upgrade sketches and artificers, only to loose a bundle on upgrading a low level building hurts !!!!

if i try to buy things i intend to buy i get a warning window - telling me this will cost drachma ... not so with this building thing, and the placement is just evil.

combined with system lag that is out of control - we have to be very very careful about what we click -  nasty trick to play on new players.

I want to spend a little on this game, but if my drachma is going to get suckered away from me - i am not sure if i want to continue playing this platform.

New players beware - take silly amounts of time to process your turn and make sure you do not get robbed by palarium

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 16, 2017, 15:3212/16/17
05/21/17

I understand your frustration. 

I have had this happen to be before the lag got bad.

It happened to me once again today. - I spend on this game, and i feel cheated when i loose hundreds of drachma trying to do a simple upgrade of a building. I do not spend like some do, but this is my hobby and i do not mind spending on my hobbies/obsessions. 

When i am cheated out of my drachma, i also have to start to question why i am spending on this game.

I think i have been victim of this many times in the past.

Dec 16, 2017, 15:5012/16/17
09/04/14

A deliberate ploy by Plarium. You get used to accepting coalition mission rewards in one place and then lo and behold Plarium have put a new item in that spot and you get winged with a double agreement in place when you don't want it.

Dec 16, 2017, 16:0912/16/17
10/15/15

what we have to do is be careful, sometimes our wifi is saturated and the system is slow.

It has ever happened to me and it was always because I wanted to do things too fast, think before acting lol ;)

Dec 16, 2017, 22:4312/16/17
08/09/15

This is a serious problem for my coalition.

I have had many many members that have vented their anger in our chat.

This is a known problem, i have seen it talked about in other forum posts.  I do not understand why they set the "buttons" up in this fasion, and i do not understand why some of the drachma spending features give a warning, and others like this one (that has an issue that is costing people drachma they did not intend to spend) do not.

Is there a dev that is willing to address this ?

To be honest - i have had over 20 members vent about it, and if 20 complain i will bet another 20 suffer in silence.

Dec 17, 2017, 07:2212/17/17
06/13/15

Hello, the only thing I can answer you is to be careful when you want to improve a building. Now that you know it, wait until the two buttons appear.

We learn by our mistakes.

Dec 17, 2017, 10:0712/17/17
01/10/16

reporting a serious lag on 16-17 of december

Not just me but coa members from another countries and continents
Dec 17, 2017, 11:2412/17/17
11/24/15
mitko said:

Ashu said:

Check this link, the system lag is gonna be fixed soon.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/news-and-announcements/87870_wanted---beta-testers--your-chance-to-earn-2-000-drachmas-/

i have read the link, and NOTHING mentioned about the lag!  

Actually, the game will be shifted on to new servers, which would help to bring in the facebook updates and make the game lag free. The beta test of that server is gonna run in January.
Dec 17, 2017, 15:4812/17/17
08/09/15

Bill Almorra said:

Hello, the only thing I can answer you is to be careful when you want to improve a building. Now that you know it, wait until the two buttons appear.

We learn by our mistakes.

and the newer players that do not know?

I have no buildings to upgrade so it does not effect me - but i am not able to warn every new player in sparta.

Is this not kind of ... i dont know --- plariums job?
Dec 17, 2017, 15:5012/17/17
08/09/15

They set this disaster up.  They are the ones that can fix it.

I think the original post is accurate in every way.

Palarium is ripping its players off ... it is a well known problem to them ,,, thousands of players are getting abused by them ... but they just do not care
Dec 17, 2017, 16:3312/17/17
Dec 18, 2017, 08:32(edited)
10/08/14

Look, this are not just isolated cases here and there. As previously mentioned, this is a world wide issue and the suggestion that we as players must do this, or that, or some other thing is simply a deflection of responsibility. We pay Plarium with time and real money to play the game, and we should not have to do anything more than to log on and play the game. Players from all over the world are complaining and the response from Plarium is that one needs to do this or change that, all time consuming and sometimes beyond a players abilities to accomplish. All of these suggestions by VIP reps are not uniform, one says do this, the other says do that, and in the end nothing changes. January? Seriously? C'mon man, one could lose their whole army between now and January. This lag or mini-freeze that is going on affects every aspect of playing, not just upgrading, but fighting, raiding, sieging too.

The game is virtually unplayable in the present state. How long must we wait for it to be fixed, because if we are to wait until the beta test is done and if the past is any measure of the speed with which this issue will be addressed, the game will remain unplayable for quite sometime. How many of you would buy a new car if the dealer said to you, oh by the way, when you want to drive your new car you have to get in, then get out and run around it 5 times clockwise, and then get back in it, and then get out and run around it counter-clockwise 5 times, get in the backseat say the Lord's Prayer, and then if you are lucky it will start and run.

Everyone is being asked to risk years of time of money while nothing changes. Promises I have seen for over 3 and half years of consecutive play, that is everyday without missing a day for that period of time and I am more than a little weary of being told to be patient, being told that those promises will be fulfilled, when I have not seen things get better but worse.

Dec 17, 2017, 20:0412/17/17

i am very sick about your amateur supoort.

has anybody registered at plarium that megalaggs have been around for days and the game is unplayable?

Normally you have to give each player 10,000 drachmas as compensation, that would be appropriate.

MariusAdmin
Dec 18, 2017, 08:3712/18/17
Dec 18, 2017, 08:37(edited)
09/04/17

Hello, everyone. I have a couple clarifications to make for you:

1) The issue with Instant Upgrade button that does not load properly due to lag has been reported and is currently being fixed. Our developers will try to put the fix out as soon as it is possible. Remember that lag does not necessarily depend on us, so claims that this is some sort of malicious plot are coming into conspiracy theory territory. If you have lost Drachmas in this way, please contact Support and explain the situation;

2) Lag over the weekend was caused by issues with a backbone Internet Provider here, people from certain areas were unable to log into any of our games at all, while some other players experienced increased latency. It should be resolved now. 
Dec 20, 2017, 01:4312/20/17
08/09/15

Dimitri - thank you for the update.

I am very gratified to see that palarium is fixing the problem.  Up until now - when this issue pops up in forums it is just ignored by palarium staff.

I do not think people were accusing palarium of intentionally making lag - but if there is a bug that costs players drachma every time there is lag - from palarium servers, or players systems / internet providers, palarium profits from it in a large way.

Plararium and its staff have not addressed the issue - and it has been reported to them many many times over a large period of time.

I think they are not conspiracy theorists, but players concerned about issues that hurt other players.

An message to let them know that palarium acknowledges the problem and will fix it is all they needed.  That is what the forums are for - communication.

Dec 20, 2017, 14:1712/20/17
02/29/16

Ididicus said:

Dimitri - thank you for the update.

I am very gratified to see that palarium is fixing the problem.  Up until now - when this issue pops up in forums it is just ignored by palarium staff.

I do not think people were accusing palarium of intentionally making lag - but if there is a bug that costs players drachma every time there is lag - from palarium servers, or players systems / internet providers, palarium profits from it in a large way.

Plararium and its staff have not addressed the issue - and it has been reported to them many many times over a large period of time.

I think they are not conspiracy theorists, but players concerned about issues that hurt other players.

An message to let them know that palarium acknowledges the problem and will fix it is all they needed.  That is what the forums are for - communication.

Hello!

Agree, the main purpose of this forum is communication, and we, Community Managers and moderators are something like "communication channel" between players and developers. Every week we're conveying players' opinion and information about game issues to developers.

Unfortunately, we can't affect the fixing speed of game issues, but we do our best to inform our developers about all of them in time.

Btw, we refreshed our servers yesterday. And now there should be no lag issues in the game. And as for the issue with Instant Upgrade button, who knows, maybe the fix will be ready much sooner than you expected ;)

Dec 20, 2017, 14:3212/20/17
08/21/14

Shrek said:

i am very sick about your amateur supoort.

has anybody registered at plarium that megalaggs have been around for days and the game is unplayable?

Normally you have to give each player 10,000 drachmas as compensation, that would be appropriate.

i agree with Shrek 100 %,10k drachma's is fair compensation for mental pain and suffering we'v experienced last 3,4 days +i want 20k drachma,you cheated me for wasting drachma,buying legendary key's and receiving identical general items,over and over again.we can not take those drachma's home,we can only spend in this game.

waiting for plarium's Santa Claus with 30k drachma's in his bag for me,i was good boy all year :P

Tonaya 

MariusAdmin
Dec 21, 2017, 08:5512/21/17
09/04/17
Tonaya said:

waiting for plarium's Santa Claus with 30k drachma's in his bag for me,i was good boy all year :P

Tonaya 

I have a sneaking suspicion you might be on the naughty list, Tonaya 
Dec 21, 2017, 09:1612/21/17
06/13/15
Dimitri Molchanov said:

Tonaya said:

Tonaya 

lol
Dec 21, 2017, 14:3112/21/17
08/21/14

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Tonaya said:

Tonaya 

only if Alyona made that list ,where is she?i really miss her

Tonaya