Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Dec 9, 2017, 15:4712/09/17
Dec 9, 2017, 15:57(edited)
04/13/16

Dorieas said:

You don't use yr IR daily but only on Saturday or Sunday.. That gives you some more raids on hands...

thank you i  think i got the ideea now ..you send the  friday  raids as one day raids ...and after you send the saturday  raids     sunday  ...you recall youre friday raids ..and sent again like one day raids :))  ..but still not doing  it :))   ...anyhow  will take  an   break from the game ...and like i told you   these raid  things also occupy a lot of time:) 

p.s.   you  need only 3 buffs apllied to have   25 raids  with the buffs  , not to win like i saw you write somewhere the  first place in the  flag  tournament  :)

Lanfear said:

So you are saying that someone like me can compete and place well in the raids rank if i get my port and galleys to level 23?

For me, this something that i can accomplish, but it is an expense.   

Are you a vip already?

mate you should also have an large list  of farms accounts in youre contact list so  u should use some glory points to upgrade the   contactlist  ,but it's possible if u send the one days raids  to  finish in top 10  without problems 

Dec 10, 2017, 07:5412/10/17
08/09/15

lanfear ... use caution here

i suggest you learn what you can from Dorieas as he has much experience with the raid game, and raids can assist you in growing your city ... however i believe they are not giving you the full picture and have forgotten the direction of your questions.

you will need to make some serious investments if you wish to place in any tourneys or weekly ranks - i dont care what they claim

They have not looked at your city or your situation at all.

You are a newer player and you should be looking to invest your coin, gp, and upgrade sketches in things that will assist you in the game - if you try to follow the advice in an attempt to get vip membership, you will be disappointed

the raid ranking game is very competitive these days - i dont think you will place as well as they are telling you

making the number one position means you need to out play the very person that is giving you advice - he has the resources and experience you do not

we do not know how you get membership - and they have not said that weekly ranks in raids is what you need.

i suspect it is not

i also know many vip's - i do not know what the requirements are to get vip status - but NONE of the members i know do the raid game

and the suggestion that you can rank well in tourneys AND rankings without investing a cent is nonsense - i truly challenge the people that claim otherwise

you are better to concentrate on getting your buildings to level 15, developing an army, and speaking to your coalition about what you need for game play

do you even have 4 artificers?  have you unlocked any horse units?  where are you with your scrolls of wisdom?  i dont think improving unit speed is what you need right now - and speed is all important for placing well in the raid game

Dec 10, 2017, 10:0712/10/17
10/09/14

Ididicus no one said if you win the raid ranking you get VIP membership... To be VIP needs a lot criteria... But a person as Lanfear if has the back up and help of an experince person can win the raid ranking more easy then you thinking... I have trained players to run for raid rankings and now are the best raiders on Sparta (John from Stronghold, Pontios from Hellas, Fokeas from Guerilla, even if the first two they came here as transfer for a while to learn how to run for raid rankings)...   Maybe Lanfear hasnt the farms and the experience to run but for that's our help... Given farms, instructions, advices ect... 

I trully believe even if you arent coiner you can booked a place in the Top 3, especially in tribute and siege ranking... Please do not challenge for that cos you bet in a looser horse...
Dec 10, 2017, 10:1812/10/17
10/09/14
By the way you dont need to spent a GP in contact list.. Is a waste of GP... There another way to monitor yr farms and without the bug of Plarium that apears the last 12 hours of the 6th day that you casn raid a farm, you raid 6 days ago, but actually when your raid arrives you get 0 resources...
Dec 10, 2017, 17:3212/10/17
Dec 10, 2017, 17:33(edited)
04/13/16

off course   that are others ways  but those contacts  make youre game easier , me  don't use algorithms or try to discover them  playing this  game  ,just try to  play the easy way ;)) 

p.s. glory points become  worthless after some level    of developing youre city and signing agremeents   :)

Dec 10, 2017, 17:5312/10/17
11/17/16

Skulder said:

off course   that are others ways  but those contacts  make youre game easier , me  don't use algorithms or try to discover them  playing this  game  ,just try to  play the easy way ;)) 

p.s. glory points become  worthless after some level    of developing youre city and signing agremeents   :)

That's true Archon!

Personally I have more than 10K GPs which are worthless for more than 2 years now...

Wish there was a better use for them! 

Dec 11, 2017, 04:4512/11/17
05/21/17

ummm ... to respond to a few things

yes - the entire reason for doing the raid thingy was to rank in something for the purpose of gaining vip

that is what this thread was about - adn ranking is what the moderator said we need to do... not spend money

i have a lot of people telling me i need to spend to rank - i am very confused by this

no i do not have horse units unlocked - i am short over 300 gp to get there

i have artificers to build 2 things at the same time

my scrolls of wisdom have gotten me to the grain consumption reduction - i am level 30 of 80 there - i only unlocked what i needed to get to grain consumption reduction, i have not improved the travel speed of any units more than what i need to get to the next level

my port is level now level 20, and my harbor is level 8

some of my coalition members have done the math for this and the cost to get what is suggested is ...staggering, and will take a LOT of time

they suggest that without horse units i cant rank - a time element of some sort - is this correct?  do i need horse units?

they also tell me that you do not get gp from ranking in raids, and that ranking will not get me vip status - or it might

everyone is confused about what we need for vip, and this forum does not help at all
Dec 12, 2017, 06:0312/12/17
10/08/16

There is so much info on both sides of this question its impossible to tell what is fact and what is people's opinion's. For anybody else who is feeling lost, confused, or frustrated after reading thru all these posts I can only offer these FACTS (won't answer any question for sure just gives perspective to those who tried to)

I am an insomniac with OCD who is on disability. Translation: I have NOTHING but time and get obsessed with things. I play this game for endless hours (sometimes for 24 str8) Now, with that in mind I know that it is doubtful these VIPS have access to that kind of free time. I have made a few purchases (when they have offered the really sweet deals around holidays) I have placed very well in multiple tourneys. I have dedicated entire weeks to accomplish the achievement of getting on the weekly top ten...and not even come close. It is an undeniable fact that the more you play (raids/persian positions/whatever) the more you lose and that without steadily spending drachmas you can't quickly get back up to strength. For me it is an ebb and flow. I may dedicate myself to the particular tourney if it has a multipler and is ledgendary, but that generally means the next week or two will have to be rebuilding times.

It seems to me that anything that is offered to one group of players, no matter the criteria, should be available to ALL players. Otherwise it is unfair. And we all know that this game can be just that. 
Dec 12, 2017, 10:4212/12/17
10/09/14

Lanfear said:

ummm ... to respond to a few things

yes - the entire reason for doing the raid thingy was to rank in something for the purpose of gaining vip

that is what this thread was about - adn ranking is what the moderator said we need to do... not spend money

i have a lot of people telling me i need to spend to rank - i am very confused by this

no i do not have horse units unlocked - i am short over 300 gp to get there

i have artificers to build 2 things at the same time

my scrolls of wisdom have gotten me to the grain consumption reduction - i am level 30 of 80 there - i only unlocked what i needed to get to grain consumption reduction, i have not improved the travel speed of any units more than what i need to get to the next level

my port is level now level 20, and my harbor is level 8

some of my coalition members have done the math for this and the cost to get what is suggested is ...staggering, and will take a LOT of time

they suggest that without horse units i cant rank - a time element of some sort - is this correct?  do i need horse units?

they also tell me that you do not get gp from ranking in raids, and that ranking will not get me vip status - or it might

everyone is confused about what we need for vip, and this forum does not help at all

One of the jobs when you are in leadership isnt only to satisfy yr personal ego but to train your younger lvls also... It seem you are in a wrong coal as it looks like no much attention been paid to the younger members... Anyway I dont care about yr coal or what yr hedge priorities... Even if you arent belong to my coal i give you the same instructions and advices I give to my young lvl  members... 

UNLOCKING AGREEMENTS... You have to unlock all yr agreements till Dion (Sarisphoros)...  Then you go to upper line and you unlock all agreements till Carthage...With this way all yr academies can get busy to built army... Carthaginians (if you arent coiner to buy Marauders) is the best army for raiding... 150 Carthaginians can curry 100 k res... They are fast and they have also some strength to avoid small defence wait for you...

It seems you have problem with Grain consumption... Kill all yr light and heavy troops to the PVP or PP tournaments they offer GP as bonus... Thats yr main target... You participate as much as you can to the tournaments they offer GP... Till you unlock all agreements thats yr main target... Dont look back or cry the army you lost... 

Offcourse you need time and patience to do that... But no one climb one Everest in one day... 

If you have any questions do not hesitate to txt me...

Dec 12, 2017, 10:5512/12/17
10/09/14
fightclubfan.33 said:

There is so much info on both sides of this question its impossible to tell what is fact and what is people's opinion's. For anybody else who is feeling lost, confused, or frustrated after reading thru all these posts I can only offer these FACTS (won't answer any question for sure just gives perspective to those who tried to)

I am an insomniac with OCD who is on disability. Translation: I have NOTHING but time and get obsessed with things. I play this game for endless hours (sometimes for 24 str8) Now, with that in mind I know that it is doubtful these VIPS have access to that kind of free time. I have made a few purchases (when they have offered the really sweet deals around holidays) I have placed very well in multiple tourneys. I have dedicated entire weeks to accomplish the achievement of getting on the weekly top ten...and not even come close. It is an undeniable fact that the more you play (raids/persian positions/whatever) the more you lose and that without steadily spending drachmas you can't quickly get back up to strength. For me it is an ebb and flow. I may dedicate myself to the particular tourney if it has a multipler and is ledgendary, but that generally means the next week or two will have to be rebuilding times.

It seems to me that anything that is offered to one group of players, no matter the criteria, should be available to ALL players. Otherwise it is unfair. And we all know that this game can be just that. 
I supposed playing Sparta makes OCD thoughts fly away (I hope), as you have something to be focus and keep away yr thoughts... Soon or late if you play so many hours Sparta you ll complete yr criteria to be VIP...  Good luck with your OCD... By the way... Did you ever check about Theta Healing??? This meditation start from USA and I read very good reviews of people with OCD... .
Dec 12, 2017, 11:0212/12/17
04/13/16

Dorieas said:

UNLOCKING AGREEMENTS... You have to unlock all yr agreements till Dion (Sarisphoros)...Then you go to upper line and you unlock all agreements till Carthage...  

What  it's youre thinking in regard this afirmation mate  , i know you are wrong but just curios to see youre reasoning  why   u need to stop on Dion ? :) 

Dec 12, 2017, 11:1212/12/17
10/09/14
Xena said:

Skulder said:

That's true Archon!

Personally I have more than 10K GPs which are worthless for more than 2 years now...

Wish there was a better use for them! 

Hi Xena... The best way  to use GP, especially to the big lvls is to get Scrolls, Offence or Defence enhancer 10%, (use them wise on PP), Full protection, or Spy Protection... That means GP with the correct use is a powerfull weapon...  I wish to had 10k GP as you...
Dec 12, 2017, 11:5812/12/17
10/09/14

Skulder said:

Dorieas said:

UNLOCKING AGREEMENTS... You have to unlock all yr agreements till Dion (Sarisphoros)...Then you go to upper line and you unlock all agreements till Carthage...  

What  it's youre thinking in regard this afirmation mate  , i know you are wrong but just curios to see youre reasoning  why   u need to stop on Dion ? :) 

Dorieas in never wrong... Is something like Pope... Maybe  I m womaniser, gabler, pot smoker or not the man a dad wants to give his daughter, but never wrong...

Anyway, I ll explain it again... Till you unlock Argos and Dion you have only 3 academies to work... Infantry camp (Light units), Barracks (Heavy units), and Stables (Horse Units but only can built spies)... With the way I advice you, you ll unlock faster another one horse unit agreement on Stables... The precious for raiding Carthaginians., plus you all ready building both types Offence / Defence phalanx in Armory building and all academies working .. 

Lets take it now by mathematics by my way and by your way... Taras agreement is the last agreement you use articles... After you need GP to unlock agreements... To start get raid propably, you need to unlock Horse agreement.. 

With yr way the first available agreement to unlock to get horses for raid is Pella (Macedonians)... Lets count now how many GP you need when you finish Taras to unlock Pella... 

Argos 100 GP + Dion 200 GP + Troy 200 GP + Olympia 200 GP + Corinth 200 GP + Pella 200 GP =  1100 GP

Wity my way: 

Argos 100 GP + Dion 200 GP + Cirta 100 GP + Sidon 100 GP + Tyre 100 GP + Carthage 200 GP =  800 GP  

As you can see the difference is 300 GP... If an average medium lvl player collecting 100 GP per month (if and only if go well to GP tournaments, the most of them collect less) then with my way you built 3 months faster Cavalry unit then with your way... That means players follow my way they get advance to them opponents compare to your way over 3 months gaming... 

Think now the bonus from that... Keep raiding for the maximum raiding capacity they built faster them agreements, buildings and training army in them academies with the resources they get... Building army means that you can get faster GP as you use yr army to collect GP in the tournaments... 

I hope I help enough... And dont forget... Dorieas never is wrong...

Dec 12, 2017, 12:2412/12/17
Dec 12, 2017, 12:30(edited)
04/13/16

Like you weren't wrong when you said you have to win capture the flag tournament to have 25  raids 

This time  you are also wrong because any user first  objective should be   to   develop  his city   and  build his army .

Chartagians  maybe they are better for raids  ,but   don't worth to  build them ,   keep youre denarii  to build legate .

They will   finish the same as youre macedinoains ..dead 

p.s. you don't need  to sign Pella   to have macedonians , without  buying anything with  glory points or drachma  :)) 

L.E. Dorieas   i invite you to my coallittion maybe you learn something   :P 
Dec 12, 2017, 13:5212/12/17
11/17/16

Dorieas said:

Hi Xena... The best way  to use GP, especially to the big lvls is to get Scrolls, Offence or Defence enhancer 10%, (use them wise on PP), Full protection, or Spy Protection... That means GP with the correct use is a powerfull weapon...  I wish to had 10k GP as you...

I did use my GPs to get the items you have mentioned above Archon, but given the fact that we also get the above items from the tournaments as well, I have stopped obtaining them with GPs that's why I have so many of them!

I also have many scrolls which I don't know where to invest (I have maxed up the ones I thought were important in the Academy) so basically they are useless to me.

If there was an option to distribute them I would! 

Dec 12, 2017, 13:5912/12/17
10/09/14

Skulder said:

Like you weren't wrong when you said you have to win capture the flag tournament to have 25  raids 

This time  you are also wrong because any user first  objective should be   to   develop  his city   and  build his army .

Chartagians  maybe they are better for raids  ,but   don't worth to  build them ,   keep youre denarii  to build legate .

They will   finish the same as youre macedinoains ..dead 

p.s. you don't need  to sign Pella   to have macedonians , without  buying anything with  glory points or drachma  :)) 

L.E. Dorieas   i invite you to my coallittion maybe you learn something   :P 

Again you are wrong but anyway.. Check this week current Raid Ranking... Check my Polemarch Fokeas his raid ranking.. He got 4,5 m resources till now (Tuesday UTC 13:45)  1,6 m resources ahead of the 2nd and 3rd, and 1,7 m res ahead of you the 4th one... Think only he got another  5 raids on hand as he told me right now.. (over 2,2 m resources ahead and  is only Tuesday evening)... Even if he dont raid at all Saturday and Sunday he ll still be 1st... There has no benefits from no one Flag tournament as everybody knows  (Flag tournament buffs has finish 10 days ago for everyone)... How do you thing has this massive distance from the 2nd one if am I  wrong??? How you explain that???

Ask your wise hegemon to explain it...If he cant I  ll invite you all here to give you lessons and after you can return to your previous coal... Do not be egoist because may you choose the wrong coal for raid rankings.. If you come here to be trained as a Raider, then Saint Peter ll open his hangs to you, when you walk the doors of heaven... 

Carthaginians except are fast they have one of the best ratio to play PP...  Aaaah!!!!  you didnt know that also... I explain you before why you have to unlock Carthage first... Read again carefully if you want to pass yr exams... 

Dec 12, 2017, 14:0412/12/17
11/17/16

Dorieas said:

Dorieas in never wrong... Is something like Pope... Maybe  I m womaniser, gabler, pot smoker or not the man a dad wants to give his daughter, but never wrong...

Anyway, I ll explain it again... Till you unlock Argos and Dion you have only 3 academies to work... Infantry camp (Light units), Barracks (Heavy units), and Stables (Horse Units but only can built spies)... With the way I advice you, you ll unlock faster another one horse unit agreement on Stables... The precious for raiding Carthaginians., plus you all ready building both types Offence / Defence phalanx in Armory building and all academies working .. 

Lets take it now by mathematics by my way and by your way... Taras agreement is the last agreement you use articles... After you need GP to unlock agreements... To start get raid propably, you need to unlock Horse agreement.. 

With yr way the first available agreement to unlock to get horses for raid is Pella (Macedonians)... Lets count now how many GP you need when you finish Taras to unlock Pella... 

Argos 100 GP + Dion 200 GP + Troy 200 GP + Olympia 200 GP + Corinth 200 GP + Pella 200 GP =  1100 GP

Wity my way: 

Argos 100 GP + Dion 200 GP + Cirta 100 GP + Sidon 100 GP + Tyre 100 GP + Carthage 200 GP =  800 GP  

As you can see the difference is 300 GP... If an average medium lvl player collecting 100 GP per month (if and only if go well to GP tournaments, the most of them collect less) then with my way you built 3 months faster Cavalry unit then with your way... That means players follow my way they get advance to them opponents compare to your way over 3 months gaming... 

Think now the bonus from that... Keep raiding for the maximum raiding capacity they built faster them agreements, buildings and training army in them academies with the resources they get... Building army means that you can get faster GP as you use yr army to collect GP in the tournaments... 

I hope I help enough... And dont forget... Dorieas never is wrong...

Thats is quite the reasoning Dorieas.

If someone is into raiding then yes I would agree with you.

But given that many players are not into raiding (even though it is one of the most essential parts of the game), I wouldn't agree.

I would prefer to unlock Troy, Corinth and Pella!

But that's up to everyone's point of view.

It's only up to your gameplay that's why there are different aspects. 
Dec 12, 2017, 14:1212/12/17
Dec 12, 2017, 14:13(edited)
10/09/14
Xena said:

Thats is quite the reasoning Dorieas.

If someone is into raiding then yes I would agree with you.

But given that many players are not into raiding (even though it is one of the most essential parts of the game), I wouldn't agree.

I would prefer to unlock Troy, Corinth and Pella!

But that's up to everyone's point of view.

It's only up to your gameplay that's why there are different aspects. 
That exists also for players  arent raiding as us... Keeping all yr academies busy building army is yr priority if you want to make army and grow fast... Trojan, Promachones, M. Peltasts, Macedonians, Agema you can get from Xerxes also... You dont need to build them faster... Xerxes doesnt pay back Carthaginians... For every side you can see it, Dorieas isnt wrong...
Dec 12, 2017, 14:4912/12/17
11/17/16

Dorieas said:

That exists also for players  arent raiding as us... Keeping all yr academies busy building army is yr priority if you want to make army and grow fast... Trojan, Promachones, M. Peltasts, Macedonians, Agema you can get from Xerxes also... You dont need to build them faster... Xerxes doesnt pay back Carthaginians... For every side you can see it, Dorieas isnt wrong...

There are also players (myself included) who don't play positions so, personally, I find Cartha not so useful. 

Still depends how everyone sees it. 

Dec 12, 2017, 15:2012/12/17
10/09/14
Xena said:

Dorieas said:

There are also players (myself included) who don't play positions so, personally, I find Cartha not so useful. 

Still depends how everyone sees it. 

You dont raid???  you dont play Persian Positions???  how you built your  army Xena??? I just wonder??? My advices are for those they arent coiners or they use little of them incomes on Sparta... I promise you, when a princess from my Dreamland comes to married me and finally be a rich and famous, I ll use her credit card and I ll buy those Paionians to conquer the world... Till this time, leaving on the reality and not in Dreamland, I advice my members and players on the game, for the best option, as an experience player or as an  Hegemon needs to do...