This is Sparta....

This is Sparta....

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 12, 2017, 13:4711/12/17
07/09/16

This is Sparta....

This is Sparta ... a faithful reflection of life. Every time there is more difference between the rich (visa) and the poor (no visa). Where almost all those who are in the top 10 are allies between them, and also help each other exchanging pantheons, to achieve achievements (with honor, hahahahaha). Where when someone comes to them or they want to send 1 or 2 players with a thousand or two million attacks (call it strategy, hahahaha) and destroy everything they want ... This is Sparta.

Where also Plarium is not able to get any improvement that benefits us in that unequal struggle (call it business, ......)

My question is knowing all this, why should a poor (not visa) continue playing in Sparta ???? And all this knowing that 95% (I do not know if I will be short) of the players are poor.

Until when did I put up with this like that ?????

P.S. It is not derogatory to call poor, it is a simple way of saying that you do not spend or that you spend minimal amounts of money.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 12, 2017, 14:0411/12/17
Nov 12, 2017, 14:04(edited)
04/17/16

That it's called diplomacy 

Why you don't use it   , and create an federation to take them down   ? 

MariusAdmin
Nov 13, 2017, 09:1111/13/17
09/04/17
There are plenty of players in Sparta who do not spend a single penny on the game, yet reach high positions in the ratings and do very well for themselves. The trick is knowing your strengths and weaknesses, assessing the situation you are in and adjusting your strategy accordingly. While you are still building up your City and Army, you need to avoid engaging stronger Archons directly. As Bria Alexandru mentioned above - use diplomacy, join a strong Coalition, lone wolves will not have as much success as a well-coordinated team. 
Nov 13, 2017, 14:5111/13/17
11/17/16

Arnold said:

This is Sparta ... a faithful reflection of life. Every time there is more difference between the rich (visa) and the poor (no visa). Where almost all those who are in the top 10 are allies between them, and also help each other exchanging pantheons, to achieve achievements (with honor, hahahahaha). Where when someone comes to them or they want to send 1 or 2 players with a thousand or two million attacks (call it strategy, hahahaha) and destroy everything they want ... This is Sparta.

Where also Plarium is not able to get any improvement that benefits us in that unequal struggle (call it business, ......)

My question is knowing all this, why should a poor (not visa) continue playing in Sparta ???? And all this knowing that 95% (I do not know if I will be short) of the players are poor.

Until when did I put up with this like that ?????

P.S. It is not derogatory to call poor, it is a simple way of saying that you do not spend or that you spend minimal amounts of money.

Hello Archon,

Playing smart is essential in Sparta, especially if you don't coin.

Engaging in battles that you know you can't win is not a wise choice.

Also there are many tips that will help you avoid certain situations.

Diplomacy is a must for this game that's a fact!

It's up to you to configure your own game style! 
Nov 16, 2017, 20:2011/16/17
11/05/15

you need to find a coalition that works as a team 

it isn't easy to do always, especially in a close knit team, but if you work hard, do what you can and contribute as a team member then you will gain trust in a well established coalition and they can help you grow 

example, I rarely coin (the occasional $9.99 package as a treat) but with the team I am in I have grown in strength and ranking, when I joined this team less than 6 months ago I was L89 with less than 15mill off and 20 mill def 

I am now L94 with an army more than 4 times the size of that, however it took me over a year to get to know them to the point where I was welcomed into the coalition (it helped that I am an alliance leader of the alliance they are part of), when I did finally join the Hegemon said "it feels like you have been part of my team for so long now and I am really pleased you have joined us" 

it takes time however it IS possible to play without coining, it IS possible to find coalitions that work well as a team and it IS possible to have fun, I have had more fun in the last 4 months in Sparta than I have for a long time (probably why I haven't been as active as I should be as a moderator, Sorry!) 

Just keep at it, make friends, ignore trolls and worry about your own army and development rather than worry about the size and level of the coiners and remember ITS A GAME! 

have fun :)  

Nov 16, 2017, 21:0311/16/17
07/09/16

morteeee said:

it isn't easy to do always, especially in a close knit team, but if you work hard, do what you can and contribute as a team member then you will gain trust in a well established coalition and they can help you grow 

example, I rarely coin (the occasional $9.99 package as a treat) but with the team I am in I have grown in strength and ranking, when I joined this team less than 6 months ago I was L89 with less than 15mill off and 20 mill def 

I am now L94 with an army more than 4 times the size of that, however it took me over a year to get to know them to the point where I was welcomed into the coalition (it helped that I am an alliance leader of the alliance they are part of), when I did finally join the Hegemon said "it feels like you have been part of my team for so long now and I am really pleased you have joined us" 

it takes time however it IS possible to play without coining, it IS possible to find coalitions that work well as a team and it IS possible to have fun, I have had more fun in the last 4 months in Sparta than I have for a long time (probably why I haven't been as active as I should be as a moderator, Sorry!) 

Just keep at it, make friends, ignore trolls and worry about your own army and development rather than worry about the size and level of the coiners and remember ITS A GAME! 

I share your vision of the game, but I also think it's good to know that what I mention is also true. There is a very small group of players that can wipe out 95% of the capitals of the game. And also the strongest ones are united among them, helping each other in achievements and other tasks.

I think there are two visions of the game compatible between them.

Nov 16, 2017, 21:5711/16/17
Nov 16, 2017, 22:01(edited)
11/26/14
Dimitri Molchanov said:

There are plenty of players in Sparta who do not spend a single penny on the game, yet reach high positions in the ratings and do very well for themselves. The trick is knowing your strengths and weaknesses, assessing the situation you are in and adjusting your strategy accordingly. While you are still building up your City and Army, you need to avoid engaging stronger Archons directly. As Bria Alexandru mentioned above - use diplomacy, join a strong Coalition, lone wolves will not have as much success as a well-coordinated team. 
LOL, that is a flat out false hood and all these mods that say the same thing is just rediculous because these mods get free drachmas, but of course they wont tell you that because they want you to think they are just good players....I used to be in a clan that had a moderator in it and I can assure you he received thousands of free drachmas every so often and always bragged about it so dont let these mods try and fool you into thinking they play for free.
MariusAdmin
Nov 17, 2017, 08:5511/17/17
09/04/17
ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

LOL, that is a flat out false hood and all these mods that say the same thing is just rediculous because these mods get free drachmas, but of course they wont tell you that because they want you to think they are just good players....I used to be in a clan that had a moderator in it and I can assure you he received thousands of free drachmas every so often and always bragged about it so dont let these mods try and fool you into thinking they play for free.
I am referring to regular players, not Moderators in this case. Not certain why you thought I was using them as an example.
Nov 17, 2017, 19:2211/17/17
11/05/15
ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

not true, my Heg isnt a coiner, he cant be as for some reason his payment card doesnt work on facebook but his army grows every week, he is high level 90 and hasnt spent a penny for 2 years so it IS possible! He also isnt a Mod :P
Nov 17, 2017, 21:2111/17/17
Nov 18, 2017, 02:03(edited)
11/26/14
morteeee said:

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

not true, my Heg isnt a coiner, he cant be as for some reason his payment card doesnt work on facebook but his army grows every week, he is high level 90 and hasnt spent a penny for 2 years so it IS possible! He also isnt a Mod :P
Who said anything about your hedge??? Im talking about you mods who claim you play for free, but you don't because you are given  drachmas...I could come up with a  B/S story how some level 120 guy doesn't spend and places in an event on a solar eclipse event or blue moon, but it would be nothing but a story for the most part .I called your bluff about how YOU do not play for free and are given  drachmas, so you change your story and make it about some other person .. It is one thing to really play for free, but saying you play free when you are given drachmas for being a mod is a little decieving
Nov 18, 2017, 11:0211/18/17
Nov 18, 2017, 11:05(edited)
11/05/15

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

morteeee said:

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Who said anything about your hedge??? Im talking about you mods who claim you play for free, but you don't because you are given  drachmas...I could come up with a  B/S story how some level 120 guy doesn't spend and places in an event on a solar eclipse event or blue moon, but it would be nothing but a story for the most part .I called your bluff about how YOU do not play for free and are given  drachmas, so you change your story and make it about some other person .. It is one thing to really play for free, but saying you play free when you are given drachmas for being a mod is a little decieving

and exactly how much to do think we get? LOL! Trust me, it isn't a lot and it isn't enough to change the world, I spend significant amounts of time that I could be playing Sparta banning spammers, cleaning threads up, finding out answers for players and helping people, THAT'S what the dracs compensate for in my mind, lost playing time when I could be very easily earning them from the game. ALL the MODS do this, they are a hard working bunch and frankly a lot more active here than on other gaming forums I have been a member of. 

Now I dont mind helping out and I am not complaining about the fact that we get this compensation for it from Plarium as I am the type of person who 1) likes helping and 2) doesnt expect a lot for providing that help but it does get a little frustrating when people assume we do nothing all day but sit on here earning millions of dracs for nothing, I personally juggle being a Mother, working full time, owning a small farm's worth of animals and being a fairly busy person with also being a mod here and an active member of my team and my alliance

If you think being a Mod is an easy way to earn dracs then why don't you apply for the job because trust me, there is a LOT more to being a mod than answering questions on here :) (who do you think updates and writes the wikki? Who do you think write most of the playing guides?)

I have also never denied the fact we get a small amount of compensation for our hard work from Plarium, I do, however, know a fair few high level players who dont coin and never have done so it is a FACT that it is possible (and tbh they probably enjoy the game far more than someone who sits going wah wah wah I cant beat coiners all day long) 

I will also point out that this thread is about playing without coining not how the mods get dracs for their time spent helping others so please, keep the thread on topic or I will close it 

Nov 19, 2017, 01:4911/19/17
Nov 19, 2017, 02:01(edited)
11/26/14
Then dont try to make it sound like you dont use drachmas and play for free then....Because that isnt the case at all!! Close the topic if you wish I could really care less it just proves my point!!. Also anyone can change and edit a wiki...Its not rocket science... Yes, you never denied you didnt get free drachmas because you never mentioned it at all , but instead said you play for free giving a false impression to ACTUAL free players.
Nov 19, 2017, 12:3211/19/17
11/05/15

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

Then dont try to make it sound like you dont use drachmas and play for free then....Because that isnt the case at all!! Close the topic if you wish I could really care less it just proves my point!!. Also anyone can change and edit a wiki...Its not rocket science... Yes, you never denied you didnt get free drachmas because you never mentioned it at all , but instead said you play for free giving a false impression to ACTUAL free players.

no, I said I don't coin, I said that my Heg does not coin (he doesn't and isn't a MOD) I gave an example of someone I know who does not coin and you refused to acknowledge it actually is possible and just carried on complaining that the Mods have some massive unfair advantage over you, we don't. 

If a team is a good balance of different types of players ALL will be successful if they contribute, a mix of offensive players, defensive players, PP Players, coiners and non coiners, get that balance right and you have a top notch team 

none of the non coiners in the team I am in complain about coiners because we all work together and help each other, that's why we are one of the few teams with a custom logo provided by Plarium, have all the original badges completed, not one member under level 80 and a full team with 100% participation, the same can be said for all the top teams, they have an active mixed team that works together towards common goals. That takes hard work and commitment and TIME more than coining. 

Nov 20, 2017, 22:3611/20/17
08/21/14

morteeee said:

Morteeee,you forgot to tell name of your great coalition ^^

Tonaya 
Nov 20, 2017, 23:3611/20/17
01/17/16

all bs you wanna win you will have to pay for it :) 

good night 
Nov 21, 2017, 00:1711/21/17
08/21/14

Vodka said:

all bs you wanna win you will have to pay for it :) 

good night 

you coiner gonne get sieged while sleeping :)

gn

Tonaya 
Nov 21, 2017, 01:0611/21/17
11/26/14
You get free drachmas , therefore you are at an advantage...What part of that do you not understand???
Nov 21, 2017, 13:5511/21/17
Nov 21, 2017, 13:57(edited)
08/21/14

morteeee said:

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

morteeee said:

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

and exactly how much to do think we get? LOL! Trust me, it isn't a lot and it isn't enough to change the world, I spend significant amounts of time that I could be playing Sparta banning spammers, cleaning threads up, finding out answers for players and helping people, THAT'S what the dracs compensate for in my mind, lost playing time when I could be very easily earning them from the game. ALL the MODS do this, they are a hard working bunch and frankly a lot more active here than on other gaming forums I have been a member of. 

Now I dont mind helping out and I am not complaining about the fact that we get this compensation for it from Plarium as I am the type of person who 1) likes helping and 2) doesnt expect a lot for providing that help but it does get a little frustrating when people assume we do nothing all day but sit on here earning millions of dracs for nothing, I personally juggle being a Mother, working full time, owning a small farm's worth of animals and being a fairly busy person with also being a mod here and an active member of my team and my alliance

If you think being a Mod is an easy way to earn dracs then why don't you apply for the job because trust me, there is a LOT more to being a mod than answering questions on here :) (who do you think updates and writes the wikki? Who do you think write most of the playing guides?)

I have also never denied the fact we get a small amount of compensation for our hard work from Plarium, I do, however, know a fair few high level players who dont coin and never have done so it is a FACT that it is possible (and tbh they probably enjoy the game far more than someone who sits going wah wah wah I cant beat coiners all day long) 

I will also point out that this thread is about playing without coining not how the mods get dracs for their time spent helping others so please, keep the thread on topic or I will close it 

none have to think how much you get drachma's,because i'll tell how much.

moderators get 2k-3k drachma's per week,depending how much they are active on forum.

maybe and some free troops and other rewards like VIP players too

Morteeeee,simple question:is it true or not?

ps Morteeee,no philosophy,just straight and simple answer: YES or NO?

Tonaya 

Nov 21, 2017, 20:3011/21/17
11/05/15

seeming as despite warnings people seem to be determined to drag this thread off topic I am closing it

Polite reminder that in future that off topic posting is actually against forum rules

People can and have been banned from the forums for it before 

Morteeee 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.