lost account

lost account

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 10, 2017, 00:3611/10/17
03/02/15

lost account

Is there a place we can direct a player to for assistance with his account?

He has not been able to log into his account for a week.

When he attempts to enter his password - he gets an error message indicating that the password does not match the email address.

When he attempts to reset his password under the "forgot your password" feature he gets an error message " no account attached to that email"

He has assured me he has checked the email he entered repeatedly .

He still gets emails from palarium to that email account informing him about tourneys and free gifts he can not log in to collect

He has been kicked from his coalition for lack of logging in.

He has sent a few tickets to support - no response.

Where should we direct him to go?  What should he do next?

I am at a loss .... any suggestions would be appreciated.
Views
Comments
Comments
MariusAdmin
Nov 10, 2017, 15:1911/10/17
09/04/17
If you can provide me with ticket IDs, I'll follow up on the matter.
Nov 11, 2017, 13:4711/11/17
03/02/15

thank you Dimitri

i will contact my friend and get them for you
Nov 12, 2017, 05:2711/12/17
03/02/15
support ticket number is 229272 
MariusAdmin
Nov 13, 2017, 08:4611/13/17
09/04/17

Checked the ticket,

Looks like coordinates of your friend's City were only provided yesterday, so right now it is pending investigation. Rest assured, Support will get back to him once it is completed.
Nov 15, 2017, 03:4611/15/17
03/02/15

Thank you Dimitri

why do they ask for the coords of the city when you make a ticket?

the people that handle the tickets cant see the coords that are entered?

he has been locked out of the account for over a week - he did not know you have to enter the city coords again in the description of the problem

(something that should probably be put in the description of how to make a ticket)
MariusAdmin
Nov 15, 2017, 08:4211/15/17
09/04/17
Either something was entered incorrectly, or Support needed to double-check for one reason or the other. Cases with lost access to the account usually do take a bit to investigate.
MariusAdmin
Nov 16, 2017, 15:5311/16/17
09/04/17

Hellknight,

As promised in the Online Chat, I have looked into the matter further. At the moment I can confirm that our Support agent has requested the following:

1) Screenshots or photos of your last in-game purchases, namely, confirmation letters or cheques.

2) The email address you are entering to log into the account.

This is far from irrelevant information as it pertains to your friend's account security, exactly as I have explained in the chat. The email will need to be confirmed even if it is the same one that he used to open the ticket, but the screenshots or photos are what is essential to the case. Please make certain your friend provides those ASAP. That will make the entire process faster and smoother.
Nov 17, 2017, 00:3511/17/17
03/02/15

He has quit sparta.

You changed his account somehow - his email is his only email, used for every day life as well as his swoe game.

It has never changed ... you guys changed it for some reason.

Feel free to delete his account.   He will not be returning to this game anymore.

When you get the chance - check his friends list.

These are the people your group has upset - the ones that now think of joining him when he finds a new game ... one we can all play together.

Nov 17, 2017, 00:3911/17/17
03/02/15

As i said in chat - I am very very disappointed with the way you have handled this matter.

Your support team do not ask for all the information they need in one message - and they wait 2 or 3 days between each correspondence where they ask for information they already have.

I now find out that there are many that have had the same issue - being locked out of their account (the accounts are not deleted, not being used, just had the email that they are attached to changed)

I find out that all have tried to sort this with support and had similar experiences as we have.

i find out that they all quit this game over the treatment they recieved - the amount of time support takes to respond to their problems, the lack of effort by your company to help customers that pay money to play.
Nov 17, 2017, 00:4111/17/17
03/02/15

I have loved this game - and the players i get to interact with over the years ... but if my friends are going to play on a new game because of your actions - and yuor lack of interest in fixing these problems ... i am left with a choice

keep playing here and pray that the same thing does not happen to me and my account - possibly loosing all the effort and money i have sunk into this game ... or moving on to a new game where i can play with my friends.

poor choices for the people left here as you force our mates to move on.
MariusAdmin
Nov 17, 2017, 08:4511/17/17
09/04/17
Hellknight, I apologize if this seems blunt, but your accusations are completely unfounded. We have no reason to change your friend's account email at random no matter how you look at it. It is, however, possible that his account was indeed hacked somehow. Our Support agents do what they can to give an update within 24 hours whenever possible. However, at times this may not be an option either because of the volume of tickets they have to deal with or simply because they are waiting for investigation results. Things such as lost account login details cannot be resolved immediately, which is why it is so important to keep your account safe as outlined in our Security Policy.
Nov 17, 2017, 14:4511/17/17
03/02/15

hello - My account is the one in question ... I am having hellknight post this information no my behalf as i can not even log into the forums.

My account is not accessible at this time as my email address i used to make the account does not have an account attached to it.

I still receive emails from SWOE advertising events happening in the site. These emails are addressed to my account in SWOE.

I believe if the account was hacked, i mail would be sent to what ever email the hacker changed the account to?  or do you continue to spam old email addresses after they have removed their account?

My computer system was sent to a professional  service to have it checked for virus/trogen horses or other malicious software as i use it for work and personal banking.

I have been informed that other than bloat ware that would not put my information at risk, my computer was clean.

I have never lent my account to others, or shared my information or passwords.

I have however contacted support.  They take days to respond to tickets, and ask for information that was entered into the ticket such as city coords (odd that they dont ask which sparta server ... information also entered into the ticket when it is created)

I have trouble believing that this information needs 3 days to investigate a city coord ... then they ask for your email address ... been days and still waiting for the response when i informed them of my email address.

If my account was hacked ... I spend money on this game.

My credit card information is available to anyone that hacked my account.  Forgive me if i dont wish a hacker to have access to this information.

I now request you close my account so my financial information can not be used by who ever has control of my account.

(mind you the coalition i was in kicked me for not logging in - odd behavior of a hacker to take an account, change the email and not log in or use it)

Players of SWOE beware of your account - the email can be changed and your creidit card and personal information will become public knowladge and support will not assist you in sorting the trouble out or securing your financial information out.

I will post this else where in forums ... but please circulate this information.

Players need to be informed of this danger.

Nov 17, 2017, 14:5511/17/17
08/05/15

Is there a way to remove your credit card information from your profile?

I have checked my profile, but i do not see a way to erase or remove my credit card information for the card i used last.

How often do accounts get hacked?
MariusAdmin
Nov 17, 2017, 16:1111/17/17
09/04/17

I must emphasize again that Support is not asking for his email as the one and only information. They needed it confirmed, but the primary request is for screenshots or photos of the in-game purchase receits or confirmation letters. This is requested for security reasons. It is also possible to remove or edit Credit Card information, to do that follow these steps:

1. Click on the Pencil button here -> http://screencast.com/t/6nqXAeiK4a

2. Click on the red cross -> http://screencast.com/t/ncPwjNHsZpfj

3. Click on the Pencil button again to confirm your actions -> http://screencast.com/t/VaWttQ3I9

Nov 17, 2017, 16:3711/17/17
Nov 18, 2017, 12:07(edited)

it would also be interesting to know if your company is taking legal action against the new user of a hacked account. for example on the basis of the used ip-address. or is that a matter of the user and if so, what support do they get from you?

if a player always logs in from the same ip range, knows his user id and knows and have access to the email address with which the account was created, that should be sufficient as an identification completely. At the moment it looks like only players who have made in-game purchases have a chance of recovery at all. sounds very illogical.

MariusAdmin
Nov 20, 2017, 08:4111/20/17
09/04/17

We have no confirmation of whether it is a hack or not, or at least we had no confirmation when I was checking the matter for Hellknight. It is up to the affected user to pursue any legal action against the perpetrator, should there be a case of someone stealing their credit card details. I am unaware of the finer details of the investigation that would take place afterwards, as this is not something that Community Department deals with, however, to my understanding, the player is not involved at all and all requests for information would be coming from legal authorities.

As for recovering the account if the player made no in-game purchases, there are other means of confirming that they are the original account holder, but this is the simplest and fastest one.
Nov 21, 2017, 05:3311/21/17
Nov 21, 2017, 05:35(edited)
08/09/15

But we hear of this happening a lot.

People that suddenly were not able to access their accounts.  They all claim that they were not able to get help from support. That tickets take days and days to respond to.

And i dont like what i see about people with credit cards entered into their account - so that someone that gains control of the account can use them at will.

When you refuse to give them access to their account - they ask you to delete the account. For their own protection.

From what i see - you will not even do this simple service for the victims.

I know 3 now that had to cancel their credit cards and request new ones because of this game.

Do you honestly think that this is good business?

I fear loosing control of this account - i have invested a lot of time and money into it.

and i know that support will not assist me - or will take 2 or 3 days to message my ticket back.

only to wish for more information that will take another 3 days to respond to.

that is a lot of time for a hacker to run havoc with my account (if it is indeed a hacker and not your company messing things up)

MariusAdmin
Nov 21, 2017, 10:4411/21/17
09/04/17

It is important to read through our Security Policy: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002370369-Security-Policy

These are not simple matters and they cannot be resolved immediately, the simplest way to avoid the trouble is to make certain your account is as secured as it can be - and that is completely in the player's hands. Our Support has a large volume of tickets to work with, so their responses may be delayed at times. In this particular case the resolution is also delayed because the agents were not provided with the information that they requested.

Nov 26, 2019, 21:1911/26/19
11/26/19
I have been locked out of my account for 2 days now...have sent info..ie email,troop numbers.last purchase...My name, and city player name with no luck....if I don't get in account soon will lose 210mil plus troops
Nov 27, 2019, 01:2511/27/19
11/26/19
Makhia said:

I have been locked out of my account for 2 days now...have sent info..ie email,troop numbers.last purchase...My name, and city player name with no luck....if I don't get in account soon will lose 210mil plus troops