All Categories

Why does Plarium do nothing for the game?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Oct 30, 2017, 11:5810/30/17
12/15/15

For more than a year, Plarium has done almost nothing for sparta.

The only thing they have done, contracts with sketches at level 32, the amphitheater, and buildings with sketches.

Where are new troops

Where players are finally rewarded when they build troops without ending in their barracks

Why can not you make a 2 city

When are finally all cities of Level 1-4 which are inactive for more than 2 years are deleted

When is this stupid combat system finally modified

When are you finally able to buy more with your retirement

Why is the number of soldiers not limited?

For years always only the same events

When is the training speed in the barracks finally increased, in order to have a little more balance to the money players.

Why do we have a port and shipyard, but no war ships.

Why can a busy player still make all the actions in the game

When is the city defense increased by 50 times, where not 5 Agema riders can rob a completely developed city.

When the hospital is finally closed, completely idiotic 90% of his fallen soldiers go there purely.

Properly, 10% of the soldiers killed in the battle should go to the hospital.

Why is it possible for the player to have more than 40 accounts

Why not come up with shrines for guilds that can boost you through player activity for a period of time.

Like more Deff or Off Bonus, or faster training speed 50% -200%, depending on the level of the shrine.

Finally makes a holiday mode in the game

If you do not have anything to do with the world until next summer, you can put this game in the bucket.

Old-time players are just bored of this game, make almost nothing more or stop.

In sparta, a fast guild is dying to watch as no new players start.

Finally, what makes sense for sparta, and does not always talk around

My 2 Cent

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 30, 2017, 13:4110/30/17

You are 100% right.

Plarium when do you finally do something?

Oct 30, 2017, 14:1210/30/17

Hello everybody,

Why Plarium does nothing I always ask myself.

For example why go each time the own peaks dead in late attempts and the opponent never which?

Only if you send Venators? absolutely stupid.

Why can not a Hegemon send troops and players from the Pans or main cities home?

I've been bored with this game for months.

It's all about money, money money

MariusAdmin
Oct 30, 2017, 14:4910/30/17
09/04/17
We are currently working on bringing over full functionality of our Facebook servers to the Portal, including every feature that is available at the moment and those that are yet to be released. There is no exact ETA at the moment as it requires a lot of work due to Flash Player no longer being supported by the main browser software, but it is something that is being actively developed. 
Oct 30, 2017, 15:0410/30/17

Dimitri Molchanov said:

We are currently working on bringing over full functionality of our Facebook servers to the Portal, including every feature that is available at the moment and those that are yet to be released. There is no exact ETA at the moment as it requires a lot of work due to Flash Player no longer being supported by the main browser software, but it is something that is being actively developed. 

We want-need Strategic elements, as described in the thread above, without drachmas.

The game has just become more who has developed the thickest credit card.

The players who go robbery every day, and their barracks run on, are only punished in the game.

As long as there are game elements where you can boob soldiers down, or buy dead in the market place, zero balance is available.

MariusAdmin
Oct 30, 2017, 15:0710/30/17
09/04/17
Those points have been addressed in the past. Significant game balances changes are not in the current plans. 
Oct 30, 2017, 15:3810/30/17

Ops said:

The only thing they have done, contracts with sketches at level 32, the amphitheater, and buildings with sketches.

Where are new troops

Where players are finally rewarded when they build troops without ending in their barracks

When are finally all cities of Level 1-4 which are inactive for more than 2 years are deleted

When is the training speed in the barracks finally increased, in order to have a little more balance to the money players.

When is the city defense increased by 50 times, where not 5 Agema riders can rob a completely developed city.

When the hospital is finally closed, completely idiotic 90% of his fallen soldiers go there purely.

Why not come up with shrines for guilds that can boost you through player activity for a period of time.

Like more Deff or Off Bonus, or faster training speed 50% -200%, depending on the level of the shrine.

If you do not have anything to do with the world until next summer, you can put this game in the bucket.

My 2 Cent

agree to 100%

bumb this Thread

The developers are finally to take their feet in their hands

Oct 30, 2017, 15:5110/30/17
01/08/16
are all those who commented alts of yours ops? just curious :p
Oct 30, 2017, 16:1310/30/17
01/01/16

Hello, I have been playing for almost 15 months now.

And nothing has really happened to the game development.

Except that it is only about drachmas, drachmas, drachma, that is money

Oct 30, 2017, 16:2110/30/17
12/15/15

derek said:

are all those who commented alts of yours ops? just curious :p

nope not at all

But just tell me something, what plarium has done in the last 16 months?

do not come to the amphitheater or buy things with countless sketches.

tell me a single player who has started in the last few months, I know all the top coas.Here are only more multiaccounts occurred.

Oct 30, 2017, 19:1710/30/17
Oct 30, 2017, 19:19(edited)
06/12/16

The game is in a moment of paron. It's been a long time since Plarium brought an important novelty that gave life to the game.

I've been on this for about a year and a half, and I'm in a boredom of the game. Or Plarium brings something new, or this game is on its way to death.

Above all measures that protect the non-visa of the visa, through the know how to play (the strategy). One of the things that hooked me to the game is its multiple ways to play, through strategy, that has been lost over time .....

Oct 30, 2017, 19:3610/30/17
12/15/15

1 step: delete 50% of all level 1-4 cities

2 step: expansion of a colony

3 step amphietheater boost instead of 3h, increase to 24h, so you have a little more chance against the whole moneyplayer

4 step vacation mode, because many players do not have their acropolis at level 23-26

5 step new soldiers

6 step implantant warships where you can block cities and make them not purchasable in the marketplace. With a ship blockade of the island, the beleaguered player can no longer perform any actions until he is freed again

Oct 31, 2017, 00:3910/31/17
01/10/16

Ops said:

Where are new troops

My 2 Cent

Ok..lots of good suggestions that would make an interesting game. 

But for all your suggestions, may I offer this:

The game "algorithms" along with the graphical interface you see, can not merely be changed overnight or in a few months (as much as I would like anyways). Each item you click on..troop, galley, resources, attack, defend, forges, lumber, grain...all of these are interconnected "mathematically" to produce an "output" that, while it can be measured and/or quantified is then produced with a "GUI"-graphical User Interface.

To integrate changes requires the algorithms (all the variables, all the items that can be measured or quantified so to speak) have to be developed and tested in a what IT people call a "sandbox". 

There in the test environment, the algorithms must be tested to produce the output desired- For example:

-let's increase troop builds by X %  instead of days hours, now it will be seconds and minutes. Javs-30 seconds, Pikeman-45-seconds

-we need to increase grain output in the farms to keep up with the increase in troop builds

-we need to change Xerxes positions to accommodate the use of higher levels as well (you will have more light troops to throw at Xerxes won't you?

All of the above are just algorithms working off other mathematical equations to produce a desired output. Change one, and there is a cause and effect. And also add that the GUI has to interact with the algorithms/equations as well.

As much as I would love to build troops daily by the thousands-the math and the programming is very much time intensive.

It can't happen overnight. Keep in mind, Plarium has been sold-do you think the new owners want to drastically change a game platform making money to develop an "unstable platform". 

When there is millions of dollars on the table, the "math", has to be, "bug proof" for lack of a better term. 

Guess which is the weakest link in the software development life cycle?

Yep, you guessed it-Humans!!

We humans are subject, from time to time, with writing code with errors in it-hence the need for development at different stages to "proof" the product.

In closing, your ideas are great..the game platform you describe would be a hell of a platform to play.

Thanks for reading.

Respect

Mick

Oct 31, 2017, 20:0810/31/17
06/14/16

I think Sparta peaked about 12 months ago. By peaked I mean ran out of ideas.

Sadly the game has become really boring.

I play less each week, and find more interesting things to do - as I know many others are the same,

The second server killed arrival of new players, and the drachma focus killed the enthusiasm for offensive play when a coiner coud buy back everything he lost with no sweat.

so... its really hard to hear the community manager saying we don't plan to change anything except make it work without flash. Good job. I think your customer focus is sadly lacking and thats a very good way of going out of business. 

Gotta feel sorry for titans, nordmann and all the big coiners when this game finally collapses under its own weight.

Oct 31, 2017, 20:3310/31/17
11/05/15

Ops said:

1 step: delete 50% of all level 1-4 cities

2 step: expansion of a colony

3 step amphietheater boost instead of 3h, increase to 24h, so you have a little more chance against the whole moneyplayer

4 step vacation mode, because many players do not have their acropolis at level 23-26

5 step new soldiers

6 step implantant warships where you can block cities and make them not purchasable in the marketplace. With a ship blockade of the island, the beleaguered player can no longer perform any actions until he is freed again

some interesting suggestions here, make sure you post them on the suggestions thread in the link below :) 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/suggestions/76931_your-suggestions---3-2/2/

Nov 1, 2017, 04:5911/01/17
05/06/16

Also like some of the suggestions (a lot).

Agree fully that game is becoming extremely static, and in desperate need for fresh updates. (The weekly bug fixes really do nothing significant for the game. Plarium better off saving that time and working on proper updates that will breath life into the game.)

If the changes to Sparta that are up and running on the facebook server can just get implemented, I am certain we will all have lots of new reasons to kill lots of free time here in Sparta. If Plarium can just hurry up with that :P Been almost a year now ... 

MariusAdmin
Nov 1, 2017, 08:4011/01/17
09/04/17
We do plan to introduce the same features we have on our Facebook servers to Plarium Portal. I have gone into a more in-depth explanation of this in another thread on the topic, but the basic issue is this: a new engine is being created as Flash Player is no longer supported by the most wide-spread browser software. Facebook is an exception to that, hence why they are getting updates that cannot yet be implemented here. But all the new features will be making their way to these servers as well as soon as it is possible.
Nov 1, 2017, 13:1811/01/17
06/12/16

agaghas said:

Also like some of the suggestions (a lot).

Agree fully that game is becoming extremely static, and in desperate need for fresh updates. (The weekly bug fixes really do nothing significant for the game. Plarium better off saving that time and working on proper updates that will breath life into the game.)

If the changes to Sparta that are up and running on the facebook server can just get implemented, I am certain we will all have lots of new reasons to kill lots of free time here in Sparta. If Plarium can just hurry up with that :P Been almost a year now ... 

What changes exist in the FB server ????

Nov 3, 2017, 08:3711/03/17
05/06/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

We do plan to introduce the same features we have on our Facebook servers to Plarium Portal. I have gone into a more in-depth explanation of this in another thread on the topic, but the basic issue is this: a new engine is being created as Flash Player is no longer supported by the most wide-spread browser software. Facebook is an exception to that, hence why they are getting updates that cannot yet be implemented here. But all the new features will be making their way to these servers as well as soon as it is possible.

The problem is that you've been saying "soon" from the start of the year.

Can you please give any kind of indication of timeframe - another year, another 5 years?

If you don't want to give an indication of timeframe, why not?
MariusAdmin
Nov 3, 2017, 12:4811/03/17
09/04/17
Given the amount of work that is required in order to port Sparta and all our other games to a new engine as well as the difficulties not only with the process itself, but also with testing all available features, it is extremely hard to say how long it will be. I would rather not give you exact timeframes unless I am absolutely sure that something will be done by X date. Otherwise it would be nothing but false promises.
Nov 3, 2017, 17:3711/03/17
03/16/16

just had a look at fb servers, loads of changes that are going to come to plarium.com so i get why it is taking time and with the work needed to adapt the flash to work properly.

There is domination lvl 15, unit xp, new type deals in market, assassin protection with city scheme deal and more.

I`m sure you already know this tho, for those who don`t, things are going to get better / worse depending how much you spend on the game and how long we will have to wait for this.

I still enjoy Sparta but it is getting a bit dull some times :)

just my opinion