What is the point of pantheon massacre?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Oct 24, 2017, 12:4510/24/17
08/21/14

Community manager ,could you explain to me : what is the point of pantheon massacre(now with different name:zombie carnage event ) ?

to be more clear,what is the point for us(players),not for plarium ?

you decided to take 10-20% of our troops,and we  cant do anything about that.

what players got from pantheon massacre? nothing,no rewards,pvp is never on massacre time,we only lost 10% troops officially,but its more like 20%,because we cant revive all loses,and not to mention champion troops loses

ps some of us finished elementary school and math is not rocket science for all

Tonaya 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 24, 2017, 15:4810/24/17
11/17/16

Tonaya said:

Community manager ,could you explain to me : what is the point of pantheon massacre(now with different name:zombie carnage event ) ?

what players got from pantheon massacre? nothing,no rewards,pvp is never on massacre time,we only lost 10% troops officially,but its more like 20%,because we cant revive all loses,and not to mention champion troops loses

Tonaya 

Hello Tonaya!

Long time since we last chatted!

Well I'm not a CM but I would answer to your question from my point of view as a player.

First of all I never use my champion units during pantheon massacre (or zombie carnage event is this occassion)! They are hard to get and so easy to lose, especially during this event so it's up to you to use them or not.

Second of all, I personally play during pantheon massacre (not every single time of course) so that I can get XP (and increase my level) and also get intellect points to unlock the next levels and therefore the next features.

It's up to every player whether they participate in this particular event or not.

I wouldn't recommend it for smaller players cause they may level up quickly but I believe the troops can be put to better use than using them during pantheon massacre. 
Oct 24, 2017, 17:1210/24/17
01/10/16
pan massacre tourney is rotated too often- it should be 1 per month
Oct 24, 2017, 20:0310/24/17
09/08/17
Tonaya said:

Tonaya 

They would fine if  there were some rewards. Currently they are just damn annoying and costly.
Oct 24, 2017, 22:1610/24/17
01/27/15
I would imagine it's much more enjoyable if you have no pans and a level 5 cap
Oct 24, 2017, 22:4710/24/17
07/20/17
looking lyk athena took severe beating...
Oct 24, 2017, 23:1910/24/17
01/07/16

Yuri said:

it is once in a month only mitko

i love this event and a very good scheme of 90% units back garuntee giving us all a chance to remap sparta and use the troops that hide in the acrop without being able to use to its full on potential fearing not being able to revive back using drastic amount of drachmas

so thankyou for this event and its not me only but everyone who love this event and we wait for this event eagerly

only the handful who have no offence and who have weak defence in pan wilit is once in a month only mitko

i love this event and a very good scheme of 90% units back garuntee giving us all a chance to remap sparta and use the troops that hide in the acrop without being able to use to its full on potential fearing not being able to revive back using drastic amount of drachmas

so thankyou for this event and its not me only but everyone who love this event and we wait for this event eagerly

only the handful who have no offence and who have weak defence in pan will cry but others which is 99% of players love it specially the ones who recently lost pans and who dont have pans and those who have a strong defence in pans not fearing to go offence on other pans 

this event is number 1 and pvp x2 number 2 in my book!l cry but others which is 99% of players love it specially the ones who recently lost pans and who dont have pans and those who have a strong defence in pans not fearing to go offence on other pans 

this event is number 1 and pvp x2 number 2 in my book!

wow only you is happy. I think many players don't like it lol
stop it lol

MariusAdmin
Oct 25, 2017, 07:3910/25/17
09/04/17
Pantheon massacre is a supplementary event that is designed to aid players in their game activities that they already perform regularly. It allows you to be bold with your strategy without the risk of suffering unsustainable losses. As such, we believe no additional reward is required - the fact you can revive the absolute majority of your army after successful or unsuccessful attacks on enemy Pantheons is the "reward" of this event.
Oct 25, 2017, 11:1010/25/17
01/27/15
Mitch said:

looking lyk athena took severe beating...
yes in the end, we took a 10% loss in troops.
Oct 25, 2017, 12:2910/25/17
Oct 25, 2017, 12:45(edited)
08/21/14

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Pantheon massacre is a supplementary event that is designed to aid players in their game activities that they already perform regularly. It allows you to be bold with your strategy without the risk of suffering unsustainable losses. As such, we believe no additional reward is required - the fact you can revive the absolute majority of your army after successful or unsuccessful attacks on enemy Pantheons is the "reward" of this event.

Dimitri,you didnt answer on my question at all.could you answer to me?

our "reward" is to give you 10-20% of our troops?

if you care about our strategy and activities,and other stuff you mentioned,put 100% free revive than,and we wont complain.

if i have 100 mill def in my pans,and i loose 10 mill and more+champs that cant be revived,because plarium workers cares about "activity",what just happened with my 10 mill def?you know how much time is needed to rebuild 10 mill def?you do play this game,dont you?

CM if you dont know me,to introduce myself:

http://prntscr.com/h1tjei

i'm not a noob 

ps you dont own my troops,try to be more fair,this game will die soon and we all gonna think why did we wasted 3 years of our time on this game,not to mention money.

Tonaya >:(

MariusAdmin
Oct 25, 2017, 14:1410/25/17
09/04/17
No one is laying a claim to your troops, Tonaya. And no one is forcing you to go attacking Pantheons. But it does give Coalitions a chance to try and take the Pantheons they need by force, while at other times they would be too worried about their losses. However, we cannot give out a full revive either, otherwise there is no risk left in trying to play aggressively and nothing at all stopping players with strong Offense going around the map and downgrading Pantheons that Coalitions worked hard to build up. What we are trying to do with Massacre is reach a balance of giving players the freedom to be bold, but not removing the risk factor entirely.
Oct 25, 2017, 18:0810/25/17
11/05/15

stopped caring about Pans about a year ago tbh, am in a panless coalition and its great having the flexibility to use my def how I want it to be without it being locked in a pan, these days pans serve only 2 purposes to me 

1) as PvP earners 

2) to get my cap up to level 20 (already done) 
Oct 25, 2017, 20:0310/25/17
08/21/14

Dimitri Molchanov said:

No one is laying a claim to your troops, Tonaya. And no one is forcing you to go attacking Pantheons. But it does give Coalitions a chance to try and take the Pantheons they need by force, while at other times they would be too worried about their losses. However, we cannot give out a full revive either, otherwise there is no risk left in trying to play aggressively and nothing at all stopping players with strong Offense going around the map and downgrading Pantheons that Coalitions worked hard to build up. What we are trying to do with Massacre is reach a balance of giving players the freedom to be bold, but not removing the risk factor entirely.

1.i dont attack any pantheon,i hold pantheons

2.do i have a choice then?no i dont,you chosed for me,tonaya you will loose 10-20% of your deffence on pantheon massacre and you wont get anything

3.to rebuild 10 mill def,how many months needed?

4.your answers are contradictory

5.all this pantheon massacre stuff:you say some coalitions dont have chance to hold pan,so plarium gived them opportunity to attack and take pan....and they hold pan few minutes and then owner of pan capture it back,pan is downgraded,all players lost 10% of troops,and pan can be downgraded more...to 1 lvl...that is all about strategy pan massacre.

6.who got what?

7.coalition who wanned to attack and hold pan:didnt get any achievement,they cant even see nothing about how is to hold a pan,because coa who holded that pan,gonna capture it back.....

8.attacker didnt get nothing,not pvp,no reward,no achievement,no badge,nothing,they only lost 10% of their troops

9.defender,didnt got anything either,they just lost 10% of their troops+they lost resources invested on pan upgrade

10.so attacker and defender got nothing

11.but plarium achieved to take 10% of troops from all players in this matter,and it is good only for plarium,because players must revive 10% with drachmas,to upgrade pan back to 5 lvl,again.

so to ask one more time:what is the point of pantheon massacre for players?

there is no balance in this game for a  long time,only one rule,pay to win

am i wrong with anything what i just said?

Tonaya 
Oct 25, 2017, 20:1610/25/17
Oct 25, 2017, 20:26(edited)
08/21/14

Fraii said:

my take on this , there are not alot of pan holding coas , just maybe 40 to 50 or 20 to 30 , and these coas holding the pans want to rule sparta and dominate the lands like its their property ,and 80% of the members in these coas are bullies who bully smaller coas and threaten not to touch their pantheon or cap , and if any of their member attacks and bullies a member of a lower rank coalition and that member who got bullied attacks back , he then gets bullied by more people and by higher level players ranging 90 to 100's in level and then is sieged and eventually they aim to bully these smaller coas everytime for pvp x2 and they downgrade capitals of smaller coas during capital showdown , EVERYTIME pna holding topo coas downgrade and destroy the capitals of more than 100's of coalitions during capital showdown and force non coiners to quit the game facing brutality and no reason to play because they can never ever build a defence to upgrade their capital because by these coiners in pan holding coas it will get destroyed during cap showdown , cap showdown even is in favor for pan holding top coas , now recently pan massacre was introduced , this is the best for all 2k plus coas who dont hold pans , and who can take revenge on the top bullying coas who destroyed their caps , so why wont they?

and now that pan massacre has been introduced , many pan holding coas now are afraid of bullying because they know their time will also come

you destroy the weak during pvp x2 and dont let non coiners play the game and destroy their well hard earned capitals , but you coiners who spend and revive all your 10% troops you lost in pantheon are crying? and say this event is bad? haha , joke

if you have a big problem of facing 10% loss which is revived by you coiners , what about the losses you have made to the weak during pvp x2 and cap showdown costing them not even a 90% revival free opportunity but a complete of 100% destruction of their troops building without spending money! and if those coas retaliate then you big coiners in big bully coas threaten and bully them and the siege their players and farm them!

tonaya am not going personal on you but if you have a fear of losing troops recall your troops from the pan and occupy it after the event ends :)

have few friends in top coas , they dont mind this at all , instead they ask coas to attack so they get xp too :) now thats the spirit :)

pan massacre will help 2k plus coas to keep you 20 to 30 pan holding coas in line during pvp x2 and cap showdowns :)

Fraii,i dont know who you are,and i am sure that you dont know who am i.

you said your words are not personally for me,but they are

so i'll tell you few things about me:

1.i am not a bully

2.i never attacked any pantheon or capital,and my coalition have orders not to attack any of those

3.i am not a coiner

4.you missing my point here:i dont cry,i dont fear,i just ask : is it fair play from plarium to take 10% of your troops(no matter you want it or not) and they dont give you nothing in return?

all what you said,you should address it to someone else,not me

and if someone want to make experience points,just activate 50% experience boost and play persians,you'll get exp points and you'll lvl up your city,but you wont loose troops,if you know to play persians :)

Tonaya 

MariusAdmin
Oct 26, 2017, 07:5410/26/17
09/04/17
Tonaya 
It is not guaranteed that the original Coalition that held the Pantheon will be able to capture it back as the new owners may well entrench themselves well enough to defend it against counterattacks. As Fraii mentioned, you also get a lot of experience points for these battles if you choose to participate. Furthermore, I know that many Coalitions make agreements before the Pantheon Massacre begins and do not attack each other - if you are worried about any of the Pantheons you hold use diplomacy to minimize risks. In the end, there is always a way to either use the event to your advantage or remove yourself from participation in it. And if someone does decide to attack you, make sure that your defending forces are strong enough to withstand it. This is a war game after all.
Oct 26, 2017, 16:1410/26/17
08/21/14

Fraii said:

i dont know you thats why i said its not for you , its in general for 80% of top coa members who are bullies who think the game revolves around them and order plarium to do things , when they downgrade capitals of non coiners with huge offence which is attainable by spending 3000 dollars and more a month then its not a problem , but when they are attacked by non coiners who make offence with just resources and no money in the game then they cry.

by the way just to mention you just told me you are not a coiner here - https://gyazo.com/65849a310d766dd32f829126cfd1798d

but here is a quote you mentioned above :)
https://gyazo.com/dc166ea1169ab5c1b93ab70d8f2a7b84

another thing , 

you suggest playing positions to gain xp? 

it takes alot of troops and you need to get more and more troops to be invested in positions each time you get a payout , in one day for us non coiners you can get only 10k to 20k xp from positions , ofcourse losing so many troops and sometimes not getting your payout for days until you put so much of resources thru troops. takes so much effort and patience and time to play posiitons , maybe you dont play positions or you used to so you forgot :)

with xp boosters on you can get 20k to 40k xp from playing positions , and if you play both defence and offence positions , you have to sow all your defence or offence , and when the payout comes you either get offence or you either get defence , leaving you with only one type of troops, offence or defence troops which you get thru the big payout , 

instead isnt it much better , to keep building your troops and when the pan massacre event comes , use all your troops with the 50% xp boosters? you can get 300k to 500k xp in one shot!! Xp worth of playing 30 days of positions for a non coiner which is an everage of 10k xp per day!

and in pan massacre , losing only 10% of your troops for such a huge amount of experience points , and within a month you can rebuild the 10% you lost back , if you use 10 million offence in pan massacre you lose only 1 million! which is built within 7 to 10 days 

very short loss compared to 200k to 500k xp you get!

and in one month till the next pan massacre event you will not only rebuild that 1 million you lost but you will rebuild extra 2 million to 3 million in troops for offence! and more in defence

so your making a profit per month with not much loss!

Fraii,i really dont like and dont enjoy to argue about anything,in real life as well.i think we are talking about different things.

i am not coiner,i am hegemon,and i play game around 3 years,every day,i did play persians a lot,and i write'd many posts on forum about persians,then i had some issues with some moderators and i was banned 4 times,with not real reason..they said i braked some rule.then i stop to play pp,because my bank is big now,and i didnt want to just swap troops,so i only builded troops and now i have grain p/h problems,big problems.

i am only 93 lvl,if i didnt stop to play pp after every big payout,i'll be 110-120lvl now,but i dont care so much about my lvl.

you do care about exp points,as you talk only about exp points.on pantheon massacre time,there is no pvp,exp,or other tournament related ,its only pan massacre.you can make exp points by playing pp,pvp,exp tournament,divine,upgrading buildings,agreements......and i finished almost all of that,so dont need exp points that much,but i think you do,maybe you are low lvl and want to lvl up,idk.

if i'v lost 10 mill def,and i couldnt revive for free 1 mill def,i wouldnt bother to type any word here.but 10% from 100 mill is 10 mill,and its not 1 month to rebuild,its 10 time more,or even more.

i'v also posted a lot suggestions on forum,all was related with increasing troops build time,to change back pvp,pp,rewards like it was before(960 thure or 480 promachos for 10k pvp,like it was before)and rewards to be regular troops,not imperial troops.why?because i think,and i'm 99% sure that imperial troops have not same value as regular troops on pp,because they are not made with resources,because pp system is based on resource value needed to build each troop you lost(invest) on pp...then i got answers and claims from one moderator,who dont play pp,1 year or so,but he/she claim that some friends told imperial troops have same value as regular troops,and we should trust no name sources .i dont trust or listen to anyone,i just believe my eyes and all i said was from my experience on pp.i dont use champs,any booster,imperial troops when i play pp,because i play 1 bar system and i count every single troop,so i do know is my bank full or not.btw,you can get 2 payouts,one def and one off payout,but you must know how to play pp :)

all in all,you claim you get something from pan massacre(exp points),i claim you dont get anything(if you invest your troops on pp,they are in the bank,and you didnt loose them,you just need to know how to get them back.

pan massacre is 10-20% plarium taxes on our troops,and nothing in return.

if some coalitions want to get and hold pan,but they cant because strong coalitions hold them,then here is simple solution:make some baby pantheons,that only weaker coalitions can see and hold,and strong coalitions cant see them and cant attack them,so all would be happy,like for emporia,not all players can see all emporia's,right?

if baby pans will be accepted,then all would be satisfied,little coalitions,strong coalitions..all players...but not sure that plarium would be.all changes in last 2 years,was bad,they deleted colonies and put emporia's,why?because you could hold colonie with 1 troop,and collect res,but you cant do that on emporia,you must hold emporia with a lot deff,and your troops will die for few minutes,because some strong player will attack it just to make exp or pvp points,and i had 3 colonies,tim,bronze and drachma,all the time,with 1 troop in it,and when they changed to emporia,i didnt even want to hold it.you can and will loose all troops there,trying to collect little res,if you do math you'll see you can loose much more than gain in emporia+not holding emporia is stress free :)

all changes in last 2 years is bad for regular players,pp system,emporia,capital's,pp,pvp,exp rewards....everything,and all changes are made for players to loose their troops,so they need to revive(with drachma=real money),and plarium make profit like that,regular players after loosing all troops(on pp,capital showdown,capture the flag,pan takeover.....they can rebuild their troops for 1,2 years,or to put huge amount of money to revive them,or to became user deleted,look on map how many are user deleted ^^ ),those changes deleted any strategy in game,any balance....what you can do if single player attack your city,cap or even a pan with 150 000 agema,you can do nothing,you can just delete your account and start to play some other game.

i type'd  enough^^

Tonaya 
Oct 26, 2017, 16:3010/26/17
08/21/14

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Tonaya 
It is not guaranteed that the original Coalition that held the Pantheon will be able to capture it back as the new owners may well entrench themselves well enough to defend it against counterattacks. As Fraii mentioned, you also get a lot of experience points for these battles if you choose to participate. Furthermore, I know that many Coalitions make agreements before the Pantheon Massacre begins and do not attack each other - if you are worried about any of the Pantheons you hold use diplomacy to minimize risks. In the end, there is always a way to either use the event to your advantage or remove yourself from participation in it. And if someone does decide to attack you, make sure that your defending forces are strong enough to withstand it. This is a war game after all.

i am hegemon and i run diplomacy,and i know all about that.

our pans were attacked,but they didnt capture'd it.attacker's lost all their troops,and we lost 10% of our def in pan.none get nothing,we both loose.what we get?nothing.no achievement,no reward,nothing,just -10% of our troops.that is what i'm asking,whats the point of loosing 10% troops for nothing?

this was war game,maybe 2 years ago,now it is pay to play game and pay to win game,and when i got email to start playing sparta,it said: free to play.all players are not same in this game:coiners are vip,they receive all kind of rewards that other players cant even know about it,moderators receive 3 k drachma's per week,regular players dont get anything,they are or will be killed and user deleted soon.there is no more fun in game like it was 2+ years ago.no strategy,no fun,only pay to win,if you do care about this game,you may do something about it,tell game devs to change back game like it was before,playable for all players not just to chosen one's with credit cards.

for all what i write'd here and on previous post,99% regular players will agree,only moderators and plarium workers wont and they will try to explain something else :) how everything is ok,and balance is good in game and that regular players can became strong,the'll just need little more time,like 5 years or so.....

sorry for my bad and basic english 

Tonaya 

Oct 26, 2017, 19:2610/26/17
01/07/16

oyana

I agree with you

nice post ;) 

Oct 26, 2017, 19:3410/26/17
Oct 26, 2017, 19:43(edited)
01/07/16

dimitri, how about if change 95% or 99% haha

and please change back the old system at pp lol

Oct 26, 2017, 20:0910/26/17
11/05/15

as I mentioned before, I cant see the point of pans at my stage of gameplay, for me, holding a lot of pans after miles badge and cap L20 are achieved just stagnates the game, since my team gained both of those we hold 1 pan for PvP and run around merrily hitting everyone elses pans and caps 

that said I dont really bother with the pan massacre event either as it is of no value to our coalition and represents a net loss of 10% of troops which, with the size of combo hits we tend to throw out, can be a LOT! 
MariusAdmin
Oct 27, 2017, 07:3810/27/17
09/04/17

Tonaya said:

i am hegemon and i run diplomacy,and i know all about that.

our pans were attacked,but they didnt capture'd it.attacker's lost all their troops,and we lost 10% of our def in pan.none get nothing,we both loose.what we get?nothing.no achievement,no reward,nothing,just -10% of our troops.that is what i'm asking,whats the point of loosing 10% troops for nothing?

this was war game,maybe 2 years ago,now it is pay to play game and pay to win game,and when i got email to start playing sparta,it said: free to play.all players are not same in this game:coiners are vip,they receive all kind of rewards that other players cant even know about it,moderators receive 3 k drachma's per week,regular players dont get anything,they are or will be killed and user deleted soon.there is no more fun in game like it was 2+ years ago.no strategy,no fun,only pay to win,if you do care about this game,you may do something about it,tell game devs to change back game like it was before,playable for all players not just to chosen one's with credit cards.

for all what i write'd here and on previous post,99% regular players will agree,only moderators and plarium workers wont and they will try to explain something else :) how everything is ok,and balance is good in game and that regular players can became strong,the'll just need little more time,like 5 years or so.....

sorry for my bad and basic english 

Tonaya 

The other Coalition 's reward would have been taking the Pantheon if they were to succeed. Your Coalition managed to hold it and thus proved its claim to a strategically important location. Additional rewards are not guaranteed or promised, this is merely providing players with extra possibilities. 

I should also note that not all "coiners" as you put it are VIPs and not all VIPs spend on the game, there are other criteria that we use when selecting them. As for moderators, they are spending their personal time to help other players and keep the community orderly. Regular players have plenty of in-game events where they can secure additional advantages. This is a topic that has been brought up numerous times and there is really no other response that can be provided