Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jan 20, 2018, 17:5001/20/18
04/13/16

IOANNIS said:

PMC said:

Hi IOANNES,  well if you use phalanx and cav  you can up the total power  that you would lose to beat these positions.   if you are trying to grow army you don't want to lose power to gain less power.  Besides why would you use phlanx and cav  they are for cap  and pvp. pp is really only a troop converter  with a little add bonus  sometimes but not always.  But every day you can take 20-30 mil power in lights and heavies  and make 20-44 mil in cav and/or phlanx.   and yes  the time is the problem   but these are level 180-190.   you can easily play between levels 1-100  with lights and heavies  at least monthly.   And slowly grow at an even rate.   You can play with phalanx and cav but this is more or less for points, and complete loss. You might as well go play pvp for those.  Only if you are very lucky will you be able to cycle 20 mil in phalanx into a 20 mil reward. Most of the time you will end with nothing.    Or feeling like you were short changed in payout.  

Hi PMC, From All offence units only S.Pikeman & G.S.Warrior are profitable in strength, you gain more strength than you lose, when exchange them at PP.

Example :

When you exchange Swordsmen with Sarissophoros the total strength of them is 31% less than total strength of Swordsmen you use. So every time you use light & Heavy except S.Pikeman & G.S.Warrior you lose at least 31% in strength.

mate don't  forget also you need  S.Pikeman & G.S.Warrior  for youre champhionship units ..so you don't gain   strenghts if  you  exchange them all the time  in the position :)

Jan 21, 2018, 11:0501/21/18
Jan 21, 2018, 11:07(edited)
06/13/15

MRGREEDY,

Thanks to monitor your language and don't write in capital letters, this is your first warning and I hope the last one.

If you can't win above lvl 175, why do you still go back today ?

The developers know what they are doing and the PP system is checked regularly.

Review your strategy, I know players who have not put a dime in the game and have earned the maximum gain more than once.

Jan 21, 2018, 20:2701/21/18
05/11/16
Skulder said:

IOANNIS said:

PMC said:

Hi IOANNES,  well if you use phalanx and cav  you can up the total power  that you would lose to beat these positions.   if you are trying to grow army you don't want to lose power to gain less power.  Besides why would you use phlanx and cav  they are for cap  and pvp. pp is really only a troop converter  with a little add bonus  sometimes but not always.  But every day you can take 20-30 mil power in lights and heavies  and make 20-44 mil in cav and/or phlanx.   and yes  the time is the problem   but these are level 180-190.   you can easily play between levels 1-100  with lights and heavies  at least monthly.   And slowly grow at an even rate.   You can play with phalanx and cav but this is more or less for points, and complete loss. You might as well go play pvp for those.  Only if you are very lucky will you be able to cycle 20 mil in phalanx into a 20 mil reward. Most of the time you will end with nothing.    Or feeling like you were short changed in payout.  

Hi PMC, From All offence units only S.Pikeman & G.S.Warrior are profitable in strength, you gain more strength than you lose, when exchange them at PP.

Example :

When you exchange Swordsmen with Sarissophoros the total strength of them is 31% less than total strength of Swordsmen you use. So every time you use light & Heavy except S.Pikeman & G.S.Warrior you lose at least 31% in strength.

mate don't  forget also you need  S.Pikeman & G.S.Warrior  for youre champhionship units ..so you don't gain   strenghts if  you  exchange them all the time  in the position :)

hahaha   well if you were making 60 mil power def lights and 50 mil power offense lights      don't you think  I'm making lots of everything?     I am   but I'm really only making select units.  you are right make resource rich units   and  play by power.  you will do great. 
Jan 23, 2018, 12:0201/23/18
04/13/16
After two days of mediocre  payouts in phalanx ,get a nice payout wich u consider an joke  but my total offensive force it's increasing almost all the time i'm doing positions ..so i'm good with joke payouts :)  
Jan 24, 2018, 21:4001/24/18
05/11/16

skulder  nothing is a joke  when you receive 500 +  offense cav on level 60.   this is nice payout  for small level  
Jan 25, 2018, 20:1701/25/18
Oct 16, 2019, 21:18(edited)
01/10/16

i would like to share my experiense with PP playing for 2 years so far. All tips i give would help a non coiner progress in the game.

First to say i dont use revivng ( all drachmas go for sketches). So my results regarding persians gain/loss are not poluted from reviving.

Here is how i understand PP System:

1. PP work on loan system based on resourse value. When you get a payout you get a loan. 

2. In order to get the next payout you pay the loan + tax of 20%

3. The tax you pay is your LOSS of playing persians. More payouts result more  tax payed, therefore higher losses. If you play so often PP and payouts are too frequent you may end up loosing large amount of your army inevitable and irreversible, because your production doesnt cover the tax payed.

4. Losses can be minimized when playing PP during tourneys but never neutralized. Overall loss is always 10% and higher

5. Best units for persians are Sidonians, golden shields and Carthaginians. Those units make your city to convert up to 30% more resourses per day comparing to regular army. They cost a lot of grain, which is good because grain is the most abundat resourse at the moment.  Their production time in academy and amphetheater must be maxed out.

6. The more upgraded those units are - better rewards from tourneys i.e reducing loss from tax payed. Deff/off booster, dominion helps at the same manner.

7. If you are not a coiner- dont go over position of 65

8. A payout from position 65 is payed usually for 18-20 days of sacrifycing sidoniaans G.Sh. and Cart.  With normal units >24days

9. Dont use any regular, champions, denari or imperial units on persians.

10.  With this type of system city produces  2-3 mil of deffense/offense   every 18-20 days

11. Always play parsians with full storages. It is acceptable if you lack of wood for example use persians to fill it up. It will reduce army payout with the ammount of resourse given.

Using this system will allow a non coiner to get a decent general quipment, decent tournament rewards (drachmas and champions) and nice leveling. 

Feb 5, 2018, 11:3802/05/18
Feb 5, 2018, 11:39(edited)
04/13/16
Thanks PMC  ,for me it's working staying low level  ... i'm getting a lot of   good payouts in raport with my losses ..this it's from today ..but  from my last post  i got another one high on offense positions   ..so  xerxes it's good in the last time :) 

Feb 6, 2018, 15:5102/06/18
12/09/17
Skulder you play on facebook platform or plarium.com?
Feb 6, 2018, 23:0202/06/18
Feb 6, 2018, 23:03(edited)
05/11/16
plarium..com    server.     but  I have seen this reward from someone else  on fb server
Feb 7, 2018, 15:3502/07/18
10/24/15

PMC have tino method :):)

hahaha

nice payout buddy

Feb 7, 2018, 21:4902/07/18
Feb 7, 2018, 21:49(edited)
06/11/16
Fantastic premio PMC felicitacion.
Oct 10, 2019, 02:1610/10/19
Oct 18, 2019, 00:34(edited)
09/19/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

rome said:

to alyona - are you kidding me.???  you say it does not change Really.??? funny to hear. it has changed over the past few months

As I said - no changes were made over the past few month. The last change was more than a year ago! And it wasn't related to rewards. 

I guess nobody wants me to check their PPs as I don't see the info I asked for in my previous post. 

The fact that your strategies work differently on higher PP levels should not surprise you, since higher PP levels are stronger, possible rewards are bigger, and you may need some time to adjust.

easiest solution when we play against the system / pp bank / algorithm after my experience is to stop any pp activity for a while, 2-3 weeks, even we are very angry about our 70 - 80 % loses, that investment will not be lost, just wait till pp bank become again friendly! then all our problems are solved! happy face! same situation by me, invested over 120 mil, my all biggest payouts are less than 30 millions, last 2 weeks, and that very rare! thanks and great day!
Oct 18, 2019, 01:3810/18/19
08/19/14

I like to have a rant, but I see everyone else has already hit the nail on the head!

What it comes down to, is if the dev's don't want to listen and continue with ignoring repeated requests to fix it.

Well there is only one recourse...time to start looking for another game!

Yeah I said it!.....if you want to be greedy bastards , then turn that greed sideways and shove it up your A R S E!

Oct 27, 2019, 12:3610/27/19
Oct 27, 2019, 12:40(edited)
05/20/15
of course that Plarium workers have privileges , and can post very nice payouts, what about us, the rest of us, who wasting our time, and losing a lot of units? conclusion: we will all leave, normal players, and Plarium staff will play alone, is that ok for you, good politic to kick us? last remaining   players stay here for pp / positions, if you destroy more that, we say good bye, and looking for another fair play games! think twice before destroying a game, money is not all, learn to deserve that money! make that game simpler , more intuitive, all upgrades in max. 1 year, no one play your game till become olg, to can done all upgrades, greatest stupidity to consider us idiots or slaves, good only for your staff to hit us with free 50,000 agema and all upgrades on max.!
Oct 28, 2019, 05:4210/28/19
02/25/16

I play PP regularly up to level 180.  The "poor rewards screenshots" several people have posted here are actually regular level rewards.  When you get to higher level positions the base reward is much bigger... So these screenshots are not payouts and not a sign that PPs are not working.

The rewards ALWAYS drop on low level positions if you're in reward mode. It's a 100% effective test to verify whether you have paid back your debt to the PP bank or not. 

Attack a level 1-20 position and calculate if the reward is bigger than the loss (in terms of resources). For example send 50 Thureophoros against a level 12 position.  You lose 1 Thureophoros and win 1 Cretian Archer means you're still in payback mode and you CANNOT drop a big reward. Be careful Plarium sometimes gives you rewards that appear "big" but are not - like 30 swordsmen or 50 psilos.  A real reward is typically 10-20 times bigger than your losses.

If you lose 1 Thureophoros and win 5 Mounted Peltasts you are in reward mode and a big reward MAY drop on any position.  Chances of a reward drop in this mode is nearly 100% up to level 50 positions and then chances drop off.  I would guess that odds are about 20% at level 150 and up.

If you have verified that you are in Reward mode it is almost certain that a reward will drop within 10-20 positions cleared.  But it's still chance.  I one-bar every position from 150 to 180 so I have enough positions ready to clear that I will be able to get the reward. Once I have verified I am in Reward mode, I start from the lowest position I am willing to get a reward on (150 in my case) and work up until the reward drops.  I do Off or Def positions depending on what type of units I want to win.  I've done it 100s of times and it has NEVER failed.

I have done it multiple times in a row (win a big reward, kill the entire reward + 10% and get another reward immediately) and it still works.  I dont think there is any waiting period but of course when you win 10,000 Agemas you need to kill 11,000 Agemas + all the units you get as small rewards in between before you return to reward mode.  If you do the check on a low level position as described above and don't show reward mode there is NO POINT in trying to get a reward. Reward chance is ZERO until the balance is paid.

I have had extreme bad luck at times, when it takes 10 positions to get the reward.  I also frequently drop it on the first or second try.  If all the positions at the high end of the range are one-bar-ed it's no big deal to hit 10 to get the reward.  Make sure you have enough positions one-bar-ed before you start. 
Oct 29, 2019, 06:2710/29/19
08/23/15

No changes were made to PPs. If you think that something went wrong, I could check your PP logs for you to make sure that everything goes well. I'll just need some dates of your last figths that you consider broken:) - alyona kolomiitseva

Im giving you permission to check on my account and in return you better come up with an honest to goodness explanation as to what happened to persian positions. date of last payout was october 28, 2019. last i played positions was today october 29, 2019. I started from the lowest level up to level 143. check it out. 

NancyAdmin
Oct 29, 2019, 12:0010/29/19
07/09/19

jolila said:

No changes were made to PPs. If you think that something went wrong, I could check your PP logs for you to make sure that everything goes well. I'll just need some dates of your last figths that you consider broken:) - alyona kolomiitseva

Im giving you permission to check on my account and in return you better come up with an honest to goodness explanation as to what happened to persian positions. date of last payout was october 28, 2019. last i played positions was today october 29, 2019. I started from the lowest level up to level 143. check it out. 

I've replied to your message in this thread. By the way, have you checked MIKALOSOS's comment above? He shares his experience on how to efficiently hit Positions and his recommendations may be useful for others.