Non-coiner time to level 80?

14 Replies
Ike
14 August, 2017, 6:20 AM UTC

I don't know if anyone follows this, for themselves or others, but if so, I'd appreciate any feedback.

I just reach level 80 tonight, 4 days short of 6 months (176 days). I'm a pure non-coiner, and I'm wondering how others have done in reaching level 80.

Thanks for any info.
UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
14 August, 2017, 6:45 AM UTC

Ike said:

I don't know if anyone follows this, for themselves or others, but if so, I'd appreciate any feedback.

I just reach level 80 tonight, 4 days short of 6 months (176 days). I'm a pure non-coiner, and I'm wondering how others have done in reaching level 80.

Thanks for any info.

Good morning Ike:

Congratulations on your 80ieth ;-). It took me more than double that time to reach level 80 but I am a defensive player who is less active than the offensive ones that live to raid and siege. One result of this is that XPs are not so forthcoming, which has the disadvantage of levelling up more slowly but, at least subjectively my impression, that one is grouped into easier leagues during events.

In any case, I dare say you did a very good job levelling up quickly.

Cheers, P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
morteeee
14 August, 2017, 6:24 PM UTC
great job! It took me about 18 months to reach the L80 mark so you have been playing hard there :D 
History is written by the victors
UTC +1:00
lsolway74
14 August, 2017, 7:01 PM UTC
Ike said:

Thanks for any info.
I won't be getting there any time soon. Money talks and its those coiners (not all) who prefer hitting smaller, easier targets so as not to lose their paid for units. The game is weighed in favour of coiners to the detriment of non coiners and that is why so many leave when they click what's going on.
UTC +0:00
agaghas
15 August, 2017, 8:26 AM UTC

I don't really mind coiners in the game, except for this:

Do you see how many coalitions there are that are working on their capitals? Many capitals are in level range 10 to 15 and climbing. Then the guys stick their defense in there and it feels good because they are growing. One day ... BOOM ... 100k agema goes and marches right over that capital and wipes out the defense.

Several coalitions have died because of this type of thing, and many players have stopped playing because of this.

The sad part is that those players dying in this way, do spend money, but just a little bit usually. So its a loss-loss situation for both players-plarium.

Diplomacy isn't the answer, because stronger coalitions will do this purely to get their coalition achievements.

So word of advice to all: You either have a level 20 capital with 4 billion + defense in there, or you be happy with your level 5 capital with zero defense in there. Everything else is a time bomb.

If Plarium can somehow stop this from being so severe on medium sized coalitions, that will be great for the game IMO. 

The same holds for Pantheons, although to a lesser extent IMO. Generally a capital is worth much more than the Pantheons because it actually provides troop bonuses - Oric really isn't that valuable at all in comparison.
The Irate Penguin
15 August, 2017, 9:10 AM UTC

agaghas said:

[...] Do you see how many coalitions there are that are working on their capitals? Many capitals are in level range 10 to 15 and climbing. Then the guys stick their defense in there and it feels good because they are growing. One day ... BOOM ... 100k agema goes and marches right over that capital and wipes out the defense.

Several coalitions have died because of this type of thing, and many players have stopped playing because of this. [...]

IMO this topic is probably worth its own thread. I've experienced two such wipeouts in my SWOE lifetime and it ain't pretty, The players aren't only faced with a capital downgraded to level 5 but with the prospect of months-long rebuilds, and the coalition can consider itself lucky if these members stay (a) in the game, and (b) do not flock to a stronger coalition. In any case, chances are that this coalition will not make another attempt to upgrade and defend its capital.

The question though is: what to do about it? Insert a new threshold which when reached cannot be downgraded (similar to level 5)? Extend the protection time after a cap has been downgraded? Increase the battle stats for defending troops? I don't really like any of them. Obviously, capitals must be downgradable, but how to dose this so its effects aren't as massively tragic?

m2cw
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
15 August, 2017, 9:17 AM UTC
Ike said:

Thanks for any info.
 Congrats! I can say that not even all coiners reach lvl 80 in 6 months ;)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
agaghas
15 August, 2017, 2:34 PM UTC
Will start a separate thread and see what people say.
Xena
15 August, 2017, 11:01 PM UTC
Ike said:

Thanks for any info.
Congratulations Ike! Continue playing smart and keep up the hard work and you will level up really quickly from now on too! 
Warrior Princess
Ike
16 August, 2017, 10:06 PM UTC

thanks all for the info and for the kind words.

And Xena, I'm not sure I'll "level up really quickly" from here on out, given the significantly increasing xp needed for each new level at this point. :D
lefeubleu
22 August, 2017, 11:33 AM UTC

Hi Ike, it took me almost 2 years, I think, without spending a cent, but like Penguin i'm a defensive (and not even Persian) player so XP is rare...

Anyway, all the best (as long as you don't attack me of course ;) )
UTC -4:00
Ike
24 August, 2017, 9:44 PM UTC
lefeubleu said:

Hi Ike, it took me almost 2 years, I think, without spending a cent, but like Penguin i'm a defensive (and not even Persian) player so XP is rare...

Thanks. And you live in Saint Lucia? The Zouks (bah on the new name Stars) are my team in the CPL (because of Sammy of course, the most likeable player in all cricket). Are you a cricket fan?
Drag-Theseus
26 August, 2017, 9:54 AM UTC
I remember that I got to lvl60 like in 4months (without buying). I loved to play game and it was really easy to get exp and kill someone specially in old colonies.. I remember everyone trying to hold colonies and they would send big def and someone else would send massive offense to kill thatdef and then he would leave off there on few mins which was enough for me to jump and kill all hehe
I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
lefeubleu
29 August, 2017, 2:21 PM UTC

Ike said:

lefeubleu said:

Thanks. And you live in Saint Lucia? The Zouks (bah on the new name Stars) are my team in the CPL (because of Sammy of course, the most likeable player in all cricket). Are you a cricket fan?

I came back to sad Europe a few weeks ago, actually, maybe I should update my info :p

But no, since I was born on the good side of the Channel (that is, France), I don't care about cricket :)

But I did attend one of their games there when Prince Harry was visiting (he played against the PM)

UTC -4:00
Ike
29 August, 2017, 4:15 PM UTC
lefeubleu said:

Ike said:

lefeubleu said:

I came back to sad Europe a few weeks ago, actually, maybe I should update my info :p

But no, since I was born on the good side of the Channel (that is, France), I don't care about cricket :)

But I did attend one of their games there when Prince Harry was visiting (he played against the PM)

Well, France is cool too. Vive la Republique, vive la France!--as I remember DeGaulle saying so magnificently when I lived there 6 months in the '60s.
1699747 users registered; 39641 topic; 264938 posts; our newest member:lav.gramatik