Chronos quests

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Mar 30, 2018, 13:4003/30/18
12/15/15

Chronos quests

Hello Dimitri.

Some questions about the new Chrono quests.

1- It says 'daily quests reset'. This means, we can do the same quests tomorrow after reset? Or do daily quests change every day to something different? Same each day or different each day?

2- Same question for weekly and monthly quests.

3- In the news, it says 'Chronos auto complete'. What is that?  I checked the market. But I couldn't find that. Is it some item we can buy? If it is, what quests can we auto-complete? daily, weekly, monthly?

Thank you.

Views
Comments
Comments
MariusAdmin
Mar 30, 2018, 14:3803/30/18
09/04/17

Hello, Kjm! Let's hope this helps:

1) Daily Chronos Quests reset at 00:00 UTC and are refreshed at 00:01 UTC.

2) The same logic applies to Weekly and Monthly quests, but these reset at the same time after a set amount of days (indicated in the description).

3) It is an item that automatically completes a Chronos Quest. It is not yet available on the Market!

Mar 30, 2018, 22:4703/30/18
02/25/16

Pretty good start to the Chronos quests.

I still think the Emporium game play needs to be changed.  This morning a lot of new players started hanging out on the Emporia and it was finally possible to collect small amounts of resources without immediately getting hit. More players means more targets and lower chances of getting hit.

By this afternoon the number of occupied Emporia had already dropped by 50% and I was hit a bunch of times.  Never was able to complete the Drachma gathering quest.  The reward for completing the 5 daily quests is worthless (+25% grain production?? come on!)  The novelty will wear off quickly and the Emporia will return to their previous killing field status.

The whole Chronos quest is too time consuming.  It took about 4 hours and 40 Emporia trips for me to collect 10,000 resources... way too small return on investment and not something I'll be doing after today.

I like the ability to win Cataphracts, Dominion activators and Sketches.

1. Cut down the Drachma gathering requirement to 25 or 50 - no more - or speed up the gathering process.  As it is it's a useless quest.

2. Don't insult the players with bum rewards for very difficult tasks.  It's almost as if you don't have anyone actually playing the game to give you feedback.

3. Don't base awards on bringing in new players.  Most of the new players you get will be fake accounts and you already have a "dead" feature (Xenia) in the game created to bring in those "new players"...If I brought you ONE REAL new player I would expect 100K Drachma or more.

Mar 31, 2018, 09:0903/31/18
Mar 31, 2018, 09:18(edited)
08/20/15

Hey BOISDEJUSTICE - agree 100% with your comments. Was going to post something similar myself ... although then remembered that I've mostly abandoned sending anything here as it is generally waste of time and just adds to the frustration levels.

Your second point I absolutely endorse. I was going to pose the question as to if the devs actually play the game. You only have to look at the stock levels in virtually all the emporia to know that they hardly ever result in a player gathering anything - as you say, they are simply 'killing fields' (especially as now there is almost always a PVP of some variety)  ... which of course suits Plarium just fine.

Anyway, just broke my own rules about posting here so I'm off to World of Tanks LOL

EDIT:-

Before I dash - just re-read my post and need to balance it a little.

Some of the quests are okay  - I've completed a couple 'accidentally' whilst in normal game activities. Thus, for no extra effort I picked up some rewards and so in trying to be balanced towards Plarium (sometimes quite difficult) that's a positive. Some of the quests are simply dumb in terms of the effort to reward ratio ... but I'm not forced to do those as long as I don't chase the weekly/monthly rewards.

So, just thought to try and remain objective about it all :-)
Mar 31, 2018, 11:1603/31/18
Mar 31, 2018, 11:18(edited)
12/15/15

OK . I see.  Thank you Dimitri. 

I cant believe one of my suggestions got added to the game finally!!

I posted about making new special daily, weekly, monthly quests, with example types of rewards.  I remember Alyona  -another moderator-  said developers maybe could think about it.  But it was so long ago -more than 1+ years ago- nothing added. So  I forgot about that.   Then today I saw new Chronos quests.  I was so surprised and happy!!  More chances to get different rewards, more game variety. 

About the quests, I agree that some maybe too difficult to complete. For example , emporium  resources. Maybe we could lower the amount needed. Then it could be possible. Also, maybe we could add a combat mission . For example, , defend at emporium for X points and get a quest reward too. That could be good.

Really like the quests for resources, upgrade sketches, , gold, position  equipment keys.     

Apr 1, 2018, 11:5304/01/18
Apr 1, 2018, 11:54(edited)
04/13/16
this feature is an way to trick you to be more  active/offensive  an spend  a lot more then you  win 
MariusAdmin
Apr 2, 2018, 07:4504/02/18
09/04/17
Hey, everyone. I am glad to see that you are enjoying the Chronos Quests so far! I actually wanted to drop my five cents in regards to the matter of Emporia. Our devs are aware of the situation, and we bring up the matter frequently whenever it comes to feedback. They know that this feature will require adjustments, but so far I am unsure about the exact details of what and when they would be able to change. I suspect they will want to consider the balance very thoroughly in this case, to make sure the feature works better.
Apr 2, 2018, 11:3904/02/18
04/13/16
Dimitri why for example if i recall from emporia one  horses after 3 minutes ..din't get from there any resources in that time   ( was an wodden  emporia) 
MariusAdmin
Apr 2, 2018, 11:5704/02/18
09/04/17
Skulder said:

Dimitri why for example if i recall from emporia one  horses after 3 minutes ..din't get from there any resources in that time   ( was an wodden  emporia) 
I am assuming that three minutes were not enough to lift any Resources, or at least that would be the logical reason.
Apr 2, 2018, 12:4704/02/18
04/13/16
how  i can't lift any resources from 307 wooden   in 3 minutes  when the total time was 7 minute  to  collect all  ?? 
MariusAdmin
Apr 2, 2018, 14:1004/02/18
09/04/17
You can see exactly how much you are taking home before recalling your Troops, so even if the Resource collection time is higher than expected you can account for that.
Apr 2, 2018, 15:4604/02/18
04/13/16

get that

what  i didn't get .. it how  you can't    get any resources  from there ..when  passed almost half of the overall time     you have to spend there ?? 

Apr 2, 2018, 15:5104/02/18
Apr 2, 2018, 15:51(edited)
01/10/16
Dimitri Molchanov said:

....... I suspect they will want to consider the balance very thoroughly in this case, to make sure the feature works better.
Hello Dimitri all missions regarding collecting resourses from emporia are lost cause.  That reffers to the personal mission -  i havent completed my about collecting 9 k wood since it appears 1 year ago, That also reffers to new chronos quests. It is a pitty that devs have spent their efforts to programm and develop something that nobody plays...
MariusAdmin
Apr 3, 2018, 07:3304/03/18
09/04/17
Skulder said:

get that

what  i didn't get .. it how  you can't    get any resources  from there ..when  passed almost half of the overall time     you have to spend there ?? 

There is always a period of time before resources start getting gathered, it doesn't depend on the overall time that you need to spend at the Emporia.
MariusAdmin
Apr 3, 2018, 07:3704/03/18
09/04/17

DMT said:

Hello Dimitri all missions regarding collecting resourses from emporia are lost cause.  That reffers to the personal mission -  i havent completed my about collecting 9 k wood since it appears 1 year ago, That also reffers to new chronos quests. It is a pitty that devs have spent their efforts to programm and develop something that nobody plays...
Hello, DMT. There will be options to skip the quest later on if you wish, though with the quest present there may be more players hitting the Emporia and making it more likely that you may not need to fight players who wish to attack your Troops there.
Apr 3, 2018, 07:4104/03/18
04/13/16

why ?   

You  should getting gathered resources  from the moment you    capture it  ..not only after x minutes 

Apr 3, 2018, 07:4804/03/18
04/13/16
Dimitri Molchanov said:

DMT said:

Hello, DMT. There will be options to skip the quest later on if you wish, though with the quest present there may be more players hitting the Emporia and making it more likely that you may not need to fight players who wish to attack your Troops there.
Maybe  you guys   should  delete for all   the emporia  quests ..    how you can image an  normal  user  can  risk   to capture    for    over three hours an  gold   emporia   ..to finish that quest    and  get  an low reward   for it