All Categories

Are players forced to play experimental drosophilas going to be compensated for the torture?

Are players forced to play experimental drosophilas going to be compensated for the torture?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Mar 4, 2018, 10:5103/04/18
12/09/17

I remember the offer to participate in "beta-testing". Apparently, not too many players volunteered to be palatalized for 2000 drachmas. And then Plarium forced the "improvement" upon those who did not agree. 

Is Plarium considering any compensation? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 4, 2018, 13:5003/04/18
Mar 4, 2018, 13:53(edited)
06/13/15

Hello Archon,

Plarium didn't force the unregistered community to become a tester .. well.. that's not the right word. 1000 players have been moved to the new engine to find more bugs and increase the load.

For you this means that you will not play as you wish, but for the devs it means that they will be able to continue to develop this project and as quickly as possible.   

Know that the devs don't make Sparta a hard game play for pleasure.

I can't promise you anything for a thank you gift but I will point out that it is ok to give reasonable compensation.

Mar 4, 2018, 16:0103/04/18
Mar 4, 2018, 16:03(edited)
05/11/16

hahaha   that is  a total joke.     what  would  that gift be  Bill   1000 drachma.      this  game  is  a joke   and  the  way it is run  is even  more  of a joke!!!   just plarium  forcing  things on people.   a lot like  pp   and  the rewards  and the  advise  given to players.

if  you don't  care  at all  why  even  comment  back.      why not  just keep the  page blank  so plarium  can laugh at  us  a little more
Mar 4, 2018, 22:2903/04/18
12/09/17
Bill Almorra said:

Hello Archon,

Plarium didn't force the unregistered community to become a tester .. well.. that's not the right word. 1000 players have been moved to the new engine to find more bugs and increase the load.

For you this means that you will not play as you wish, but for the devs it means that they will be able to continue to develop this project and as quickly as possible.   

I can't promise you anything for a thank you gift but I will point out that it is ok to give reasonable compensation.

"Moved" without their consent. How is not that forcing? 
Mar 4, 2018, 23:2103/04/18
Being one of those "moved" players aka forced. I have one simple question. How do i go back to the old version? This has way more lagg issues. It is basicly like looking through a bad prescription lens in a fog. Instead of true color now its I guess blurred pastels ? You still didn't fix the bonus purchases incentive. You also didn't fix the scroll feature. It took me 2 days to even get on because it wouldn't load at all past 86%. Effectively what i am trying to say is it SUCKS. Please put me back at least  kept my complaints to myself with that buggy laggy version.
Mar 5, 2018, 00:5903/05/18
PMC said:

hahaha   that is  a total joke.     what  would  that gift be  Bill   1000 drachma.      this  game  is  a joke   and  the  way it is run  is even  more  of a joke!!!   just plarium  forcing  things on people.   a lot like  pp   and  the rewards  and the  advise  given to players.

if  you don't  care  at all  why  even  comment  back.      why not  just keep the  page blank  so plarium  can laugh at  us  a little more

I think they should put your account in the beta server ROFL
Mar 5, 2018, 06:4603/05/18
05/11/16

APOLLO'S GLORY said:

PMC said:

hahaha    that  is not nice   : )

Mar 5, 2018, 07:4303/05/18
Mar 5, 2018, 07:44(edited)
12/09/17
Bill Almorra said:

Hello Archon,

Once I was invited by Harvard Medical School to take part in the sleep research experiments: $10,000 for 72 hours. When I read the conditions, I refused, because that included some indicator in a-holes and hours of "sleep" on the 30 degrees slope. You are doing almost the same with us, but without any compensation. That is the Plarium way
MariusAdmin
Mar 5, 2018, 09:2203/05/18
09/04/17

For those that having lag issues with the new engine: disable the Flash Plugin in your browser for the Sparta page and general performance should increase. We have indicated it in this thread

This is also not "forcing" you into the beta test, this is the first step in the process of porting the game to a new engine. As you well know, soon Flash won't be supported by most browsers. New engine offers a long-term stable solution as well as more option for our developers to introduce new features into the game in the future.
Mar 5, 2018, 11:0203/05/18
06/13/15

PMC said:

APOLLO'S GLORY said:

PMC said:

hahaha    that  is not nice   : )

I will be very happy to take part and help develop the new engine. The various problems are only transient. In addition some of them have been solved, especially that concerning the lack of memory.   

By passing all the bugs to the devs, you are helping a lot with the completion of this project.   

See the good side, you will be the first on this new engine. And it will work.

Mar 5, 2018, 23:3403/05/18
Dimitri Molchanov said:

For those that having lag issues with the new engine: disable the Flash Plugin in your browser for the Sparta page and general performance should increase. We have indicated it in this thread

This is also not "forcing" you into the beta test, this is the first step in the process of porting the game to a new engine. As you well know, soon Flash won't be supported by most browsers. New engine offers a long-term stable solution as well as more option for our developers to introduce new features into the game in the future.
Hey that's a great idea but you forget a major problem. I also play pirates on plarium which is NOT effected by this issue. So are you saying because you forced me into testing that I have to turn my flash on and off every time I try to login?  I will reiterate my request to be put back on the old version. If its not possible then perhaps I have the last option which is to quit plarium period and block it from my browser totally.
MariusAdmin
Mar 6, 2018, 08:2903/06/18
09/04/17
Pirates do not have a new engine so there is no conflict between the two when you play that game. There is, however, a solution that should allow you to disable Flash specifically for Sparta. Here is an article on the matter.
Mar 6, 2018, 12:4703/06/18
04/13/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

when somebody didn't gave their consent  it  "forcing " them  indifferently of  what youre reasons where ..

Adobe will stop supporting its Flash Player browser plug-in by the end of 2020, the company announced today.

By the "end of 2020," Flash will be gone from all supported Windows versions and "users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash

However, in "early 2020," Flash will be removed from consumer Firefox versions, although an "extended support release" Firefox version will support Flash until the end of the year.

Google already supports HTML5 by default in its Chrome browser, but it also has a phase-out plan for Flash use. Users will be asked permission to run it. Later, Flash will be disabled by default. Flash will be removed completely "toward the end of 2020."

this it's not soon...

Mar 6, 2018, 12:5203/06/18
06/13/15

Skulder said:

when somebody didn't gave their consent  it  "forcing " them  indifferently of  what youre reasons where ..

Adobe will stop supporting its Flash Player browser plug-in by the end of 2020, the company announced today.

By the "end of 2020," Flash will be gone from all supported Windows versions and "users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash

However, in "early 2020," Flash will be removed from consumer Firefox versions, although an "extended support release" Firefox version will support Flash until the end of the year.

Google already supports HTML5 by default in its Chrome browser, but it also has a phase-out plan for Flash use. Users will be asked permission to run it. Later, Flash will be disabled by default. Flash will be removed completely "toward the end of 2020."

this it's not soon...

Designing a new engine takes time, it's not a last-minute decision.

Mar 6, 2018, 13:3803/06/18
Mar 6, 2018, 13:40(edited)
04/13/16

Bill Almorra said:

Skulder said:

this it's not soon...

it's over two years from now .. and don't think any professionalist coder will take so  much time  to make an  new engine to work   ..

Also an  question for   ether  it's  why  didn't  the admins implemented first on their private server  to play it them and the plarium employees and are "forcing" players  to do that ???

Mar 6, 2018, 23:2703/06/18
12/09/17
Bill Almorra said:

Skulder said:

this it's not soon...

Yes, but why should it be my time? It's been about  week I have this nightmare - And it is only getting worse. And you are telling that you cannot guarantee any compensation. We are losing time, under-develop res and troops -  only because plarium has been cultivating the "customer is always wrong" mentality. 
Mar 8, 2018, 10:0303/08/18
Mar 8, 2018, 10:04(edited)
06/13/15

sparta56560 said:

Bill Almorra said:

Yes, but why should it be my time? It's been about  week I have this nightmare - And it is only getting worse. And you are telling that you cannot guarantee any compensation. We are losing time, under-develop res and troops -  only because plarium has been cultivating the "customer is always wrong" mentality. 

Setting a compensation will be proportional to the problems encountered.

Mar 8, 2018, 14:1303/08/18
04/13/16
Bill Almorra said:

sparta56560 said:

Bill Almorra said:

a.k.a.    will not exist like in the past :) 
Mar 9, 2018, 02:1003/09/18
Mar 10, 2018, 22:18(edited)
12/09/17
Bill Almorra said:

sparta56560 said:

Bill Almorra said:

Who and how determines "problems encountered"? You have no idea  what my direct and indirect loses are, do you,Bill? Most importantly, nobody gives an answer as to why did plarium force 1000 or whatever the real number is players to suffer? Why couldn't you stay with volunteers? 
MariusAdmin
Mar 12, 2018, 09:0703/12/18
09/04/17

You have already been given an answer. We are starting to implement the engine on a wider scale, this is not a voluntary situation and in the very near future every player will have the updated version. If you believe technical issues caused losses then you are free to contact our Support with the details:

https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Mar 12, 2018, 14:0903/12/18
10/07/15
Don't contact support. They are useless...They always claim we the players are guilty. I see many people cant log in for a week or more. And i do agree that you should start with changes now, because the way you people do things, this wont be over until 2020...my opinion only