This topic is closed

The best story will win 10,000 Drachmas.

10 Replies
Administrator
5 January, 2018, 4:54 PM UTC

We want to hear stories from our players. Why did you start playing Sparta? ⚔

The author of the best story will receive 10,000 Drachmas. However, anyone with a great post has the chance to be interviewed for Plarium.com.

Let us know if you have something to share.

UTC +8:00
KJM
User
7 January, 2018, 8:03 AM UTC

3 years ago, I was looking at some websites. Suddenly, 1 ad appeared on the screen. It was for Plarium Sparta War of Empires. At that time, I was not looking for that ad. I just passed by it. But when I visited another website, the Plarium ad appeared again. Strangely, I closed that window. I opened a new window. When I visited another website, it was shocking!! The Plarium ad was there too. It was like a lonely puppy.  Always following me. I did not want to look. But I could not stop myself. I clicked on the ad. Then the Plarium ad took me to its game website.

I was amazed by the Sparta game!! Very nice graphics, good strategy concept, many fun things to do and learn about.  I could invite other friends to join. I could meet many people from other countries. Also it was about one of my favorite movies, 300. Soon I fell in love with Plarium SWOE. Now it is part of my life.

FOR SPARTA!! 

UTC +9:00
User
10 January, 2018, 7:31 AM UTC

i think 1 or 2 year ago i start to play this game, i was bored i just was looking videos on youtube and i decide look some videos about sparta the history of sparta, their soldiers and things like that when i see in my screen a video about this game i see the trailer of this game on youtube and i remember that i said '' this game look amagazing'' i started to play this game, first days i did not understand the game but then i started to know new friends, i start to understand the game, and the best was the voice of leonidas in spanish, had leonidas as master was a good point to keep me in this game and i just like me this game

UTC +7:00
User
10 January, 2018, 6:41 PM UTC

3 years ago there were 3 little leritses, then a year passed and the leres became only two. Afraid they will lose one another (as it was certain that one lera would vanish after 1 year) they reproduced and they had 10 lerochildren. 

2 years passed since their successfull reproduction. How many leritses exist now? 

Answer correctly for a chance to win 2000 leres from me. 

Have fun 
UTC +3:00
User
10 January, 2018, 7:59 PM UTC

I heard a voice running with the wind , It was caught by the silence of the night 

Hundreds of things that should be done, were whispering in my ears

In a cold, cold winders night, there was nothing to keep me warm

snow was crunching under my feet, useless words knocking in my head

In my dreams crazy things... warriors, fights and blood

Arrows were falling like rain straight into the hearts of my enemies

A gold shield and a sharp sword, wich blades were driping their (enemies)blood

The snow became red, thirsty earth drank much blood that night... and then . . . 

. . .  silence!!   that was just a dream . . . a dream that has nothing to do with me playing sparta . . . 

Sparta is jsut a game and we all just play it for fun, nothing personal!!

cheers!

have fun people and enjoy your lifes (lives) жизни, ζωες, vidas

UTC +3:00
PMC
User
21 January, 2018, 4:38 AM UTC

the best stories are the one never told,  they are only the ones that are actually lived.   I am 33 yrs old a disabled decorated vet with a traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injuries(im not paralyzed) suffered in Iraq.   since I can no longer do what I trained to do, I am here playing on Sparta        

PMC-hahahahahah
UTC +5:00
Wy
User
27 January, 2018, 3:05 PM UTC

A few years ago, a foreigner visits my country and since he has a high position on his organization, he's acting very bossy. I'm trying to overcome his attitude but I was triggered when I was speaking in front of many people and he gets angry and asked me to stop. Of course I asked why and he told me that I shouldn't speak with my native language because he can't understand it. He asked me to speak with his language or at least asked someone to translate for him and he said many other things. So many shoutings blah blah blah..

I was thinking back then if it's for real. Who is he to forbid me to speak with my native language just because he can't understand it? Does it mean all people in our country must adapt just for that one foreigner?

Then I suddenly remembered my favorite scene in the movie "300" where a Persian messenger asked Leonidas to choose his words wisely. Leonidas suddenly kicked him shouting:

"THIS IS SPARTA!!!"

I was about to do the same but I realized that he's already shaming himself and I was too kind to shame him more. That event made me watch the movie again and search about any Sparta-related things online. Then I found this game... 

"THIS IS SPARTA!!!"

"Those who seek to die will live, and those who seek to live will die."
UTC +0:00
User
1 February, 2018, 4:12 PM UTC
Because i was sick at home and in need to find a game to put my stress out
Arabella
UTC +1:00
User
11 February, 2018, 5:36 PM UTC

once upon a time , 

there was a boy , who used to be physically active in outdoor sports , as he grew older with his friends growing more mature , he realised how much he was missing out on those younger days where he had nothing to worry about but just go out in the evening and play with his friends , he realised that as you grow older you get occupied with many things to do , well one day he thought if not playing outdoors like kids again , why not play somthing that will not only be fun to play but would also be strategical that will improve focus and strategy skills ,  and then the boy started browsing on the web 'strategy games' and as he was scrolling through the various kinds of game , he saw 'sparta war of empires' , it struck him to think , how exciting would this game be , you get to relive history , and get to experience not literally but atleast have an idea of how olden greek warriors would strategise to attack or defend , or make alliances or enemies , he then started to play this game , and realised he has his own city! he thought , maybe not in real life but atleast in a game he can live a dream! to have his own city , make his own buildings , be the king of the men he trains , as he kept playing this game , it turned out to be exactly what he expected , he got to learn a little bit of how diplomacy might have worked in the time of leonidas and the greek warriors , alliances , wars , how and what tactics they probably might have used to conquer and to win in battles , and how much resources would be important for his men who fight for him and the development of his city! it also made him realise why raidings of cities used to take place every now and then , how important it was for greek warriors to raid cities for resources , almost two years passed and this young man kept playing this game , improved his strategy skills and built up his experience , taught him maybe not a whole lot but gave him an idea of how politics work , this young man excelled in this game in a short space of time , and eventually built up his own coalition , he used strategy and cautiously made decisions in order for his coaltion to grow in strength and get more fierce in sparta , this game kept getting more interesting day by day and he has been loyal playing this game ever since , 

and that young man.... is me , 

the end.

lol ,

have a good day folks!

The Punisher
UTC +4:00
User
16 February, 2018, 1:55 AM UTC
does this actualy work 
UTC +9:00
Administrator
29 June, 2018, 3:01 PM UTC

It is time to announce the result of our competition!

10,000 Drachmas are going to THE PUNISHER!

Congratulations!

UTC +8:00
3186302 users registered; 75153 topics; 364009 posts; our newest member:race