Tell us what Sparta means for you for a chance to win 10,000 Drachmas!

4 Replies
Andrew Adamson
Administrator
8 September, 2017, 5:36 PM UTC

Want to contribute to Plarium.com? Then tell us a story about what Sparta means to you.

The author of the best story will get 10,000 Drachmas. ✍️✍️✍️ Even if you don't win, your story can still earn you the chance to be interviewed for Plarium.com.

Leave a comment if you have a story to share.

UTC +8:00
Niels
8 September, 2017, 11:43 PM UTC

many people will say sparta means their life to them. I'm not gonna say that. Sparta is a game and it should stay a game. A game means having fun which i certainly have here. But the fun doenst come from itself.

On this game i've found alot of friends. Although i didnt meet those in real life, i feel like i learn alot about other cultures, other countries, ... . This game became more then a game for me. I come on sparta to talk to people, to friends. You starting to know them and sometimes you meet awsome people. they can cheer you up when you're in a dip. You can help them (not only ingame). Sparta can be a community for you if you're open for it. 

And thats what sparta means for me the game has come second and the friends have come first. Sparta means talking to friends and having fun togheter. playing this game togheter in good and bad times

UTC +1:00
kentcneal
11 September, 2017, 9:53 PM UTC
Sparta was initially an interesting game to play, but soon became a learning experience. First I learned from personal interaction with Leonidas' tutorials, later I learned from, and was mentored by more experienced players in the coalition I joined.  In time, I began teaching new players what I had learned.  Later I became a Polemarch and part of the coalition leadership. One day, to my surprise, I was appointed Hegemon and learned to organize and lead a coalition. Sparta has become a learning, teaching, and leadership experience for me, and I hope to continue finding new challenges everyday.
UTC +4:00
Arabella
14 September, 2017, 12:25 PM UTC

In real life, i am a business woman. I start using Sparta as a normal game who help me to stay at home and suport a huge disease. 

Then, when i start to feel better, i use it as a business wargame. In fact many people on business read "the art of war" from Sun Tzu to learn military stategies.

A Well-designed war games like Sparta, is a powerful learning experiences that allow me to make better decisions. Sometimes, by chatting with hegemons, starting war strategies, i help my own organization to  be smarter about how to play with clients, suppliers, competing companies....

Arabella
UTC +1:00
Barxeropolis
21 September, 2017, 10:16 AM UTC
Sparta is a game that I spend a lot of time with. And it helps me to be more organised and spend more time at home.
UTC +0:00
1700131 users registered; 39588 topics; 265196 posts; our newest member:po4ta_63