Have you ever used a Pool of Fidelity?

3 Replies
Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
28 June, 2017, 1:04 PM UTC

Have you ever used a Pool of Fidelity?

Tell us your experience in the comments!

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
fightclubfan.33
1 July, 2017, 2:18 AM UTC
Personally I have never understood why there is such an item. It took endless hours of searching and scouting for me to assemble a good list/journal of farms for resources and targets for steady battles for PvP points. The ONLY possible reason I could see for using one would be if you found yourself the target for an entire coalition so that not just one city, but rather an endless stream of them raided you.
Joeball
UTC +5:00
blaslezo
4 July, 2017, 12:03 PM UTC
No still. I am sedentary minded.
UTC +2:00
The Irate Penguin
4 July, 2017, 12:47 PM UTC

fightclubfan.33 said:

[...] The ONLY possible reason I could see for using one would be if you found yourself the target for an entire coalition so that not just one city, but rather an endless stream of them raided you.

I would guess the main reason is to shorten the approach time for raids and sieges. Players with literally hundreds of fidelity pools often use these for precisely that purpose, following the old adage "don't raise the bridge, lower the river". 

I've moved three times in 18 months if I recall:

1. Very early in the game to move to the vicinity of other coalition members and the Pans (Capitals came later)

2. Move closer to two bot lines which in months 6 to 12 were my main mode of sustenance, and ...

3. move to a quieter neighbourhood now that I no longer rely on bots (or raiding for that matter) and only logon 2 or 3 times a day.

The rest of my fidelity pools are gathering dust :-). One additional reason I have heard described often is that of players who join the game because family or friends are already active and they prefer to be near them, either out of love or self-preservation :-). Regrettably, it's not all that easy to acquire a fildelity pool very early in the game, perhaps adding one of these to the rewards of a lower level (30?, 35?) would help. m2cw.

Cheers
P.

PS: Personally I would welcome it if these pools were harder to come by and their use be so restricted to the kind of move you have described.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
1661556 users registered; 33543 topics; 252484 posts; our newest member:Castle №1127361