What would Leonidas do if you attacked him?

8 Replies
Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
12 May, 2017, 3:01 PM UTC

What would Leonidas do if you attacked him?

A. Hide in the Acropolis

B. Attack back

C. Laugh in your face. 😭😭😭

Leave a comment to share your opinion with Sparta!

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
Bye
12 May, 2017, 4:13 PM UTC

Well, I wouldn't know what Leonidas would do if I attacked him, probably happily brush me off so he would have an answer when Gorgo asked him in the evening "Tough day at the office, dear?"

Were he under attack by someone of more stature, I'm confident he would not succumb to some pavlovian response, but rather weigh his options. After all, he managed to, after attending public schools unlike most of the Spartan aristocracy offspring ("public schools" in the U.S. rather than U.K. meaning of the word), outmaneuver and outlive his (half) brothers and strategically marry a woman who is described as "daughter of a king of Sparta, the wife of another, and the mother of a third" (1) known for her political judgement and wisdom, become King of Sparta, with all the political acumen and strategic prowess associated with becoming king of anything.

Somehow, we seem to assume that historical figures were one-dimensional, if not moronic, simply because they did not have access to an iPod and couldn't Google something to save their lives. To his great credit, the Battle of Thermopylae proved to posterity that politics and strategy have their limitations and take the backseat to honour and values when push comes to shove.

(1) = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgo,_Queen_of_Sparta

UTC +2:00
Zsolt Antal
12 May, 2017, 5:57 PM UTC
 B .. Attack  back ...  he fought Xerxes army ... so my will chew it for breakfeast  :) 
UTC +3:00
Drag-Theseus
16 May, 2017, 7:37 AM UTC
C lol.. I couldn't touch brike from his city wall.. there would be too big army infront of gates
I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
1OldTrekkie
22 May, 2017, 5:32 PM UTC
c, because he knows I am an ally and I am just "yanking his chain"! Ale and meat for everyone!!
UTC +5:00
blaslezo
22 May, 2017, 8:46 PM UTC

C.Spartans may not be able to show fear, fright, shame, pain, compassion, sweetness, giggling, squealing or cries of protest if there is a fly in the ointment.

kjm
23 May, 2017, 4:14 AM UTC
I would not attack King Leonidas.  
UTC +9:00
atila450453barbaro2016
29 May, 2017, 7:20 PM UTC

I would not attack Leonidas, for nothing of this world, but if I were a Persian or a Greek traitor, I would obviously return the attack and crush me, that is, option B.

Wy San Luis
30 May, 2017, 10:34 AM UTC

Of course he will:

c) Laugh in your face

because you won't be able to launch an attack against him.
"Those who seek to die will live, and those who seek to live will die."
UTC +0:00
1721867 users registered; 42618 topics; 271596 posts; our newest member:vl.yukaev