Developer tips: Positions

9 Replies
Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
18 January, 2017, 5:21 PM UTC

Developer tips: Positions

The system of Positions is a tough nut to crack, but our developers are ready to shed some light on how they work!

Here you go, Archon!

1. All the Units you send to Positions count toward your future reward.

2. It is important that you engage new Positions only after you have defeated the previous ones.

Archon, what is your advice on how to win at Positions?

Leave a comment under this post if you want to learn more about Positions! 

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
kjm
19 January, 2017, 2:53 AM UTC

Hello King Leonidas. Thank you for the tips. 

UTC +9:00
Tonaya
28 January, 2017, 7:57 AM UTC

i thought you will tell something serious  :(

Tonaya 

The Irate Penguin
29 January, 2017, 12:31 PM UTC

Basileus Leonidas said:

[...]

1. All the Units you send to Positions count toward your future reward.

2. It is important that you engage new Positions only after you have defeated the previous ones.

[...]

The first point seems to answer the question regarding the value of Imperials. But does it? It states that all troops count towards rewards .. but not necessarily (or explicitly) PP or XP points.

The second one is interesting, since I have been jumping ahead quite often, eager to unlock the missions (currently level 75). My "investment" in troops seems to generally tally with the Persian Positions Table, but if the second point above is true then either ...

1. ... my losses would have been measurably lighter had I completed the dozens of level 30 to 70 missions, or
  2. ... the rewards I collected would have been significantly higher.

I'll attempt to put this to a test, but it will probably take 20 to 30 missions to gather sufficient data to allow for a statistical analysis.

Cheers Dio
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Tonaya
30 January, 2017, 12:47 AM UTC

1.regular troops and imperial troops have not same value,i dont know imperial troops value,so i dont use them on pp,same i dont use champion troops either,because they dont have value on pp,they just power up other troops,but it is useless to do,because you wont get big payout until you dont fill the bank

2.i play 1 bar system from beginning,i got million big payouts with few or 10  positions on 1 bar(with only 1 or 2 alive persians there)

greatest help from developers would be to tell us how much is interest for bank,is it 10,15,20,25% from last big payout.if i knew that,i wouldnt ask anything more here

Tonaya

Nick
11 February, 2017, 2:03 PM UTC
Tonaya
18 February, 2017, 10:23 PM UTC

developers are pulling our noses as i see here

Tonaya 
knigochey
24 April, 2017, 9:14 PM UTC
Tonaya said:

"greatest help from developers would be to tell us how much is interest for bank,is it 10,15,20,25% from last big payout.if i knew that,i wouldnt ask anything more here"

Tonaya

Ha-ha-ha, their task is to help plrium make money - and the Plarum paradigm is: hurt the players in order to make them spend. You can wait very long to hear anything useful. Alyona sais we will alway be in darkness - that is the policy. 
fightclubfan.33
25 April, 2017, 5:59 AM UTC
The biggest question I have, and that i have both posted in forum and asked other players in my coalition, but have yet to get a solid definitive answer is this: Is it better to send multiple small waves or a large over-powering force? Which of the two will cause the least losses?
Joeball
UTC +5:00
blaslezo
31 May, 2017, 11:44 AM UTC
I use to send a force of x4 to win a Position, mostly Light and Heavy units. This lost of units will be rewarded with Phalanx and Cavalry.
UTC +2:00
1667032 users registered; 33989 topics; 253698 posts; our newest member:kzqr