This topic is closed

Get 1,000 Drachmas!

10 Replies
Basileus Leonidas
12 August, 2016, 4:37 PM UTC

Leonidas received a red card during his first and only football match - the Spartan derby!

Although, he is Leonidas – so they weren’t actually able to make him leave the pitch...

The Archon that guesses the reason for Leonidas’s red card will receive 1,000 Drachmas!

Leave a comment if you like football and think you know what got Leonidas sent off!

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
Wy San Luis
12 August, 2016, 4:47 PM UTC
Every time Leonidas make just a slight physical contact with  anyone in the opposing team hurts or even injures them because of his strength and Spartan body built. That's why they consider it as a violent conduct.
"Those who seek to die will live, and those who seek to live will die."
GC Alab Supreme
12 August, 2016, 7:16 PM UTC

The Spartan derby?! Seems enticing! Wonder if it is any fun like the Manchester derby...or the London Derby. Of course I like football. Football is my favorite sport, and association football is fun to watch anyways (soccer for those that are American football fans...)

Anyhow, lets look at some red card-able offenses that Leonidas might have done that seems probable...FYI, since this is a derby, there is obviously no Persians on the opposite team...right?

• While someone was challenging for the ball, just a little brute strength to put off the defender could may as well injure them. After all, he is Leonidas
  • Picked up the ball when he thought it was a foul yet it wasn't, or you deliberately just picked up the ball
  • Kicked the ball very hard at a defender, killing him  accidentally
  • Diissent at the referee if he is Persian OR killing him
  • Killing/Severely Hurting/Taunting other Persians in the stands 
  • I said it before; I thought you were ON the sporting council! You are technically supposed to be the manager, and the manager can't come onto the pitch while the ball is still in play
  • Wore your battle helm on the soccer field! Unacceptable! That is wearing unnecessary head gear for an unnecessary reason. You aren't Petr Cech, man. That's a red card-able offense and that I believe is what actually happened.
  • And, if for some bizzare reason they accept the helmet, they probably won't accept something that looks like gaunlets. You might get too comfortable during a corner kick and created DOGSO (Denying obvious goal-scoring opportunity)

☪Alab ☪
Prometheus
15 August, 2016, 2:24 AM UTC
Spartan obeys to no rules!
UTC +4:00
spartangame
18 August, 2016, 8:01 AM UTC
Red Card hmmm probably from killing all the Persians on the opposing team again.
UTC +4:00
Nakovski
18 August, 2016, 11:03 AM UTC
he score a goal with opponents head 
UTC +7:00
GC Alab Supreme
18 August, 2016, 10:54 PM UTC
spartangame said:

Red Card hmmm probably from killing all the Persians on the opposing team again.
its a derby...what persians? Unless Sparta and Persia happen to be in the same city/province, which they aren't
☪Alab ☪
Astyanax
19 August, 2016, 8:05 AM UTC

"A red card is awarded for violent conduct or an illegal and purposeful obstruction of a goal scoring opportunity for the opposing team" --football rules and regulations.

Well, since it's a Spartan derby and no Persians are involved, I doubt Leo would hurt his countrymen. That leaves us with "goal obstruction", and judging by the picture above, I'd say that rediculously sized horsehair helmet is pretty obstructing when it comes to standing near your own goal.

UTC -4:00
CardinalZ
19 August, 2016, 2:37 PM UTC
  • Leonidas was not the goalie, so he received the red card because he was wearing his helmet which is illegal head gear....very unfair when headers are involved
alexander.82thunder
30 August, 2016, 6:14 PM UTC
His aura give a greatest fear to his opponent =P 
UTC +8:00
NIKITA METEOR
Administrator
31 August, 2016, 1:19 PM UTC

It is time to announce the result of our competition!

1,000 Drachmas are going to CARDINALZ!

Congratulations!

Community manager
UTC +2:00
1777301 users registered; 47955 topics; 285828 posts; our newest member:zenitar jr