This topic is closed

Tell us how Sparta: War of Empires changed your life and win Drachmas!

30 Replies
Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
23 February, 2016, 1:32 PM UTC

Ahoo! The gods bestowed their favor upon you and gave you a chance to earn Drachmas! 

Five Archons that tell us the most interesting stories of how Sparta: War of Empires has changed their lives will receive 1,000 Drachmas each! 

Tell your story in the comments section below! 

German Contest - http://forum.plarium.com/de/sparta-war-of-empires/community--/topics/die-gotter-haben-dir-ihren-segen-gewahrt-und-dir-die-chance-eingeraumt--drachmen-zu-verdienen-/

French Contest - http://forum.plarium.com/fr/sparta-war-of-empires/regles-du-jeu-et-didacticiels/topics/les-dieux-t-ont-souri--voici-une-chance-de-gagner-des-drachmes--/

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
FastReD
23 February, 2016, 5:21 PM UTC

my sparta part has taught me, meet people from different parts of the world, language, culture, and talk about other things, and has been a genius experince meet these friend who today are like my family, today I progress in the game and never imagined, reaching this far, I am grateful to know the game and meet my friends around the world 

Freyner Arango's " I like tattoos "
UTC -5:00
kuta_yo
23 February, 2016, 6:34 PM UTC

I retired the end of Oct. last year.  Sparta; War of Empires has given me something to keep my mind engaged.  I still have chores to do, but this gives me apart of the day that is mine alone to engage with others for conversation and strategy.

Thank you,

Yolith
UTC +5:00
ItBurnsWhenIPvP
23 February, 2016, 11:26 PM UTC

Sparta war of empires has changed my life in a few ways.  When I walk outside and see any buildings I always wonder what LEVEL they are. When traveling anywhere I always try to use a Speed Boost. Also everyone I meet I call Archon. When I go to a  football stadium and call it a pantheon instead. Last but not least, when I go to the grocery store, I call it a market instead and apply a Dominion  so I can carry more.  

Learn Adapt and Overcome
luke
24 February, 2016, 12:41 AM UTC
this game changed my life i used to be active but now i just play this with ma free time
Ashu
24 February, 2016, 7:52 AM UTC

the 2.5 months were like a roller coaster, this was the first online strategy game i played and found friends, very crucial for me as i am at home because of an injury.

I got a friend in my coalition with whom i cracked jokes and the coalition was really a turn on, my friend got thrown out because of some dispute with the management of the coalition(they encouraged all languages in chat, which i think is good for fun and relaxation).

This left me sad i didnt want to play the game again but i then had great company with my hegemon, i felt playing more and more, our coalition always looks after others and have aged people too which give young one like me some time to interact with them. whoa but again something ocurred, this time our hegemon said he is leaving, our coalition was left in shock as he was the most promising and stable player among us, with whom we could always challenge anyone. But still its like a journey to a dream to be in a mid level coalition which strives to rank among the elites, things are still working and moving forward even though many players left with our hegemon.

so it was a journey of fun,laughs,sadness,shock and lessons
Look at a Diamond, the hardest thing in the world, yet so transparent
Beowulf Stone
24 February, 2016, 2:11 PM UTC
I think that this game brings out the best and the worst in people. It has given me hope in that  good will triumph over evil even in the land of make believe. It is amazing how members of my coalition bond together to achieve common goals and deal with adversity. This game is also a great teacher of the art of diplomacy. Many wars are won through political and diplomatic maneuvers and not just on the battle field. Anyone who is a history buff like I am will appreciate the historical context of the game. Overall this game  brought me a new group of friends from around the world that have become apart of an online community.
Beowulf
Mario_Luigi_33
24 February, 2016, 2:32 PM UTC

How Sparta: War of Empires changed my life.

Settings up alarm clocks:

1. To inform me when my artisans are free to be there seconds before they finish their job and instantly send them to another task.
  2. To inform me when to send another bunch of units to emporiums (after finishing/failing their last one).
  3. To be there when my previous Agreements signing timer has finished (so I can sign another agreement).
  4. To be there before my lumberyards and copper forges get full in capacity and claim the resources!
  5. To be there the moment my galleys are ready for their next shipment!

And any other additional long timer cooldown situations that I didn't mention as use for alarms!

So many alarms going off just to make sure to not miss my Sparta: War of Empires schedules!
Sometimes the alarms even scare me!

UTC +11:00
alexander.82thunder
24 February, 2016, 3:50 PM UTC

Ahoo! Almighty The gods !!!

Sparta: War of Empires indeed has changed my daily lifestyle as well as been playing an extremely great roles in aspiring me to be more ambitious and more lively. 

In Sparta: War of Empires, i have gained a lots in terms of war knowledge, friends, war strategies, comrades, mentors as well as our friendly Basileus Leonidas the Administrator!! This has truly create some leadership mindset as well as skill in me gradually.

Everyday I am thinking and aiming to grow stronger with the stronger armies with the guidance and assistance of my friends, comrades, mentors as well as our friendly Basileus Leonidas the Administrator!! 

Long Live SPARTA!!!  
Aim to be the STRONGEST in Sparta: War of Empires!!! 

UTC +8:00
don3anthony
24 February, 2016, 4:24 PM UTC

There is a saying: Life Long Learning~

We refers to me and my dear friends of Sparta: War of Empires, we have learn a lot through global interaction by sharing useful information such as Art of War, to achieve greater competitive advantage over our foes. Through this game, what is the most vital chapter of life is friendship and brotherhood which is really priceless.

Thank you Sparta: War of Empires for allowing us to have a colourful life by having a positive networking to establish intimate bond of friendship.

"We fight as a team and brother, we died as a team and brother" 

Unite is the key to success no matter how strong is our foes!!

UTC +8:00
OLYMPIAKOS1ELLAS
24 February, 2016, 5:24 PM UTC

I USED TO HAVE MORE SPARE TIME TO ENJOY OUTSIDE REAL LIFE .

NOW I JUST & ONLY SPEND MOST OF IT (APPROXIMATELY 90% LOL ! ) BY ORGANISING MY NEXT MOVE TO SPARTA : WAR OF EMPIRES.

PLUS I SLEEP LESS AND LESS EVERYDAY LATELY

BUT  NEVERTHELESS ALL THE NEW FRIENDS I MEET FROM ALL OVER THE PLACE - GLOBALLY, GIVES ME ALL THE STREANGTH AND POWER NEEDED TO KEEP ON ROCKING TO THE SPARTA:WAR OF EMPIRES ~ FOREVER ;)
OLYMPIAKOS C. F. PIRAEUS-GREECE
UTC +2:00
zfliedner
24 February, 2016, 10:50 PM UTC
It has changed my mind so much i haven't stopped playing for more than 5 hours.
killerjim
25 February, 2016, 8:35 AM UTC

How did this game change my life ...............hmmmmmmm 

Well on st valentine's day i joined a contest a lot like this one held by the same admin even and 10 ppl w on ( i was one of those 10 ) and the admin said to mail him for our prize ( i did more than once ) and i never got the1000 Drachmas .

So it changed my life due to now when i have extra money that i was putting in the game , I just save it  . 

Thanks  BASILEUS LEONIDAS 

Your friend killerjim  

I got the 1000 Drachmas today 2/26/2016  and want to say thank you to BASILEUS LEONIDAS  My hat is off to you . 

Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
25 February, 2016, 2:59 PM UTC
killerjim said:

How did this game change my life ...............hmmmmmmm 

Well on st valentine's day i joined a contest a lot like this one held by the same admin even and 10 ppl won ( i was one of those 10 ) and the admin said to mail him for our prize ( i did more than once ) and i never got the 1000 Drachmas .

So it changed my life due to now when i have extra money that i was putting in the game , I just save it  . 

Thanks  BASILEUS LEONIDAS 

Your friend killerjim 
Hello, Archon! I don't see any messages from you. Please, try contacting me again and I'll gladly send your reward to your City 
War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
morteeee
25 February, 2016, 6:30 PM UTC

thanks to Sparta I have made some fantastic friends who have been there for me and helped me in many ways

they have supported me when a close friend was killed in the nightclub fire in Bucharest 

they have supported me when my work was being a nightmare

they have supported me when I was low 

they have celebrated with me when times are good

they have helped me with my self belief 

they have supported my decisions as a Heg 

they have forgiven (and laughed at) my mistakes as a Heg

yes I have many real life friends who are equally amazing but when someone you met through a game, who lives on the other side of the world, who you have never met face to face, gets up in the middle of the night their time to skype you out of the blue to tell you you are awesome and to never forget it because that person knows you have had a terrible day where everything went wrong, now that is something special :)

I will also say that the Mod team on here were amazing when my friend died in Romania, they were supportive and understanding and were fantastic 

so thank you to all those friends I have made either by playing the game or moderating these forums as basically you are all amazing 

History is written by the victors
UTC +1:00
Tonaya
26 February, 2016, 5:28 AM UTC
Sparta is my first online strategy game,i play pes and fps games...and someone sended me sparta link on my mail....i play more than 1 year,every day...i dont have free time anymore,its never boring,i laugh all day,now i have friends from all over the world...in real life...when someone make me angry..i tell him:i'm gonna farm you...and when girl make me angry...i tell her:i'm gonna siege your.....>:)
TraitorSoul
26 February, 2016, 3:47 PM UTC
Negatively effect. i m day & night log in every hour to check for atacks, colect the trained units & order the next ones
GrimmLord
28 February, 2016, 4:20 AM UTC

A good game. The only online game I played with an addiction.

It changed my life a lot....

This is how SWOE changed my life

1. Patience: I were a busy boy trying to do things. I didn't knew how to wait & I hated it. But that was my bad habit, I know now. This Sparta War of Empires changed that & really taught me what patience is.... It taught me how to wait....

2. Time Management : This game taught me how it is important to be on time and manage it. So that I can make use of Emporias, Artisans, timed events etc.

3. Friendship : This time I really thankful to my allies who are trustful & quick reacting. I really have a bond with my clan. We are from different parts of the world, but we became good friends. Really good friends even we are different in age..lol. 

4. Group Work : yeah! I learned what's the effect of group work. As new Pantheons were spawned, we even used to call our offline friends through phones.. We distribute areas for players for conquering territories, so that we don't fight at same areas.

My day starts with SWOE & also ends with SWOE.

Thanks for Sparta War of Empires for making a good change in my life.

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
Ashu
1 March, 2016, 3:36 PM UTC
pom said:

i really dont understand how people can humiliate themselves for 1000 drachmas to answer such a lame question

PS: and only 5 people will get the coins . hard to imadigine how  plarium even proposed it. people should buy drachmas and city schemes with thei credit cards not like that ( if you get my sarcasm)
Its because you did'nt have the same experience like us, i am not you and you are not me(said direct).
Look at a Diamond, the hardest thing in the world, yet so transparent
misslen777
1 March, 2016, 5:44 PM UTC
Sparta has been a great opportunity for me and my two sons to compete against each other online for rank improvements, as well as an opportunity to work together by joining the same coalition and sending resources and soldiers to each other.
1723585 users registered; 42996 topics; 270754 posts; our newest member:capllottini