Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Nov 21, 2017, 21:1011/21/17
06/24/16
Shrek said:

Vincentius said:

For the record, Birks and HOB had little to no effect on their attacks on the Terminator Capital. Usgu from Titans is the one who downgraded our Capital. We suspect further downgrades to come. Pandich is entirely correct when he says Birks are irrelevant. Like a 5 year old boy in a rowboat with a slingshot attacking a navy aircraft carrier. It is becoming boring Birks, change the tune. You can claim no victory against anyone without doing it yourselves. This all started with our traitor polemarch shane/Nicolas who ejected all our players, then when we were without any players and those troops, you attacked. That honourless strike, is the only successful attack that you have had against Terminators, it can be no surprise that Shane  now has a home in titans. Everything else you guys spout here is false propaganda. It is true we have made enemies in the past, it is a by product of being a successful team. As far as Titans goes, they were once our close brothers and sisters, and we were sad when there was an incident involving T300 and attacks against an ally. We perhaps should have tried harder to resolve that situation differently. At that time I was a new member here at Terms, moved from T300. We at terms have nothing bad to say against Titans, they have played the game well. We are down, but we will never surrender. That is who we are.

sorry but that you defend usgu I can not understand.

If a koa is unable to shoot down a capital by normal means, it does not deserve respect.

And who demonstrably invest between 60,000-100,000 € per month in a game, has a damage in the head.

Nov 21, 2017, 21:2311/21/17
12/15/15

Vodka said:

Wasnt parabellum the first?

Any way some people here scream numbes concerning euros that are just crazy

420k drachmas is 10k agemas

So 4.2 milion brings 100k agemas

Then buy packge of 100 dollar average 65k drachma...

So 10000 dollar can buy you 6.5 millin drachma   

10000 dollar is 7200 euro i think

Yes a lot of money but not neer what some people think... 

.this doesnt even holds in account all other content these packages contain

Very faithful birds have intervened, the Agim spend about 100,000 euros a month.

And i think Usgu is not much lower

Nov 21, 2017, 21:2811/21/17
06/24/16

Shrek said:

Vincentius said:

For the record, Birks and HOB had little to no effect on their attacks on the Terminator Capital. Usgu from Titans is the one who downgraded our Capital. We suspect further downgrades to come. Pandich is entirely correct when he says Birks are irrelevant. Like a 5 year old boy in a rowboat with a slingshot attacking a navy aircraft carrier. It is becoming boring Birks, change the tune. You can claim no victory against anyone without doing it yourselves. This all started with our traitor polemarch shane/Nicolas who ejected all our players, then when we were without any players and those troops, you attacked. That honourless strike, is the only successful attack that you have had against Terminators, it can be no surprise that Shane  now has a home in titans. Everything else you guys spout here is false propaganda. It is true we have made enemies in the past, it is a by product of being a successful team. As far as Titans goes, they were once our close brothers and sisters, and we were sad when there was an incident involving T300 and attacks against an ally. We perhaps should have tried harder to resolve that situation differently. At that time I was a new member here at Terms, moved from T300. We at terms have nothing bad to say against Titans, they have played the game well. We are down, but we will never surrender. That is who we are.

If a koa is unable to shoot down a capital by normal means, it does not deserve respect.

And who demonstrably invest between 60,000-100,000 € per month in a game, has a damage in the head.

The reason for the respect I show to Usgu, is simply because of the way in which he does battle. He fights with honour, and he shows boldness. Cowardice isn't in his nature. He keeps his promises, and in short as Terminators we empathise with those qualities. We were on the receiving end, Yes, but that is all part of playing the game.

Nov 21, 2017, 23:2411/21/17
01/17/16
Ops said:

Vodka said:

Wasnt parabellum the first?

Any way some people here scream numbes concerning euros that are just crazy

420k drachmas is 10k agemas

So 4.2 milion brings 100k agemas

Then buy packge of 100 dollar average 65k drachma...

So 10000 dollar can buy you 6.5 millin drachma   

10000 dollar is 7200 euro i think

Yes a lot of money but not neer what some people think... 

.this doesnt even holds in account all other content these packages contain

Very faithful birds have intervened, the Agim spend about 100,000 euros a month.

And i think Usgu is not much lower

if you really think that is treu... im sorry but then you are most likely an idiot ...   i just did the math for you wordt case they spend a few k more haha but thats it 
Nov 22, 2017, 16:1111/22/17
12/15/15

Vincentius said:

Shrek said:

Vincentius said:

The reason for the respect I show to Usgu, is simply because of the way in which he does battle. He fights with honour, and he shows boldness. Cowardice isn't in his nature. He keeps his promises, and in short as Terminators we empathise with those qualities. We were on the receiving end, Yes, but that is all part of playing the game.

So you mean, if you invest more than 60,000 € per month in the game, you fight with honor and fair?

Dream on to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny

That's pay to win and nothing else, point.

Nov 25, 2017, 16:2411/25/17
09/16/14

lefeubleu said:

I get your point, Diomed...

I wonder though, since Parabellum, it has become common that most big hits on caps are followed by a descent to lvl5, since they stop defending, having lost too much in the first place.

But imagine a coalition where everybody puts 30% of their defense in cap, they are downgraded but didn't expect it so they didn't activate their bonuses ; then they know they will be downgraded again the next day, but though they have suffered big losses, why not put their remaining 70% (drop pans if needed) in their cap within the 24 hour protection and all (who are online at least) activate defense bonuses (elixirs, general equipment, phylarch, +10/20/50% from the market) ?

24 hours later, their cap would be much better defended and unless their attackers are ready to suffer even bigger losses than the day before (which is rarely the case I suppose...), defeat would turn into victory (costly one, perhaps!)

I'm talking about high level coalitions obviously, otherwise they would just get wiped out again.

PS : I remember now, when Thersites Rising went down, they replaced their losses (but didn't put all, probably didn't expect to be hit again, it was perhaps the first lvl20 cap to go down, if I'm not mistaken)

Good in theory , yet against the math : still comes up short. Usugu (and some Plarium sponsorship) assured Terms destruction. 30% even with pans stripped would have been easier to overcome with the first attack. Putting in the remaining 70% then would have cost more to downgrade, but given the strength available from just one person, and the horde available to set against us, a bit more effort from the other 5 coas would have still carried that through. Then after that , being truly nothing left; the slide down is the same.

As far as how hated Terminators was, I can also add that we were very restrained and merciful given what we were capable of. Almost all coa we were victorious against when asked by them were granted mercy by us and took shelter in it. Not saying that means we deserved any ourselves, but the new #1 is going to have a bit of a problem exceeding that level of benevolence. We brought people sanctuary in our shadow as well and those who were allied with us enjoyed the benefits of that protection (including T300). There were of course some individuals here who were a little over zealous in pursuing the enemy. It was a large family and in addition, people loved to use our banner for their buggery, so they could have it  said: "It was terminators". A lot of the time it was someones' alt from another coa that wanted Terms to fight their battles for them. 

I was witness to a few people admonished, punished or even thrown out of the guild for not complying with the diplomacy set by leadership. There were more who were just 'given a pass' , of course, but most I witnessed didnt over do it more than any other person from any other coa (hitting someones farm or emporium a few times doesnt really count as a campaign of destruction in this game). Despite those detractions, we managed to keep the majority in line and dealt with the others for the most part. Leadership honored its diplomatic agreements. We didnt backstab or otherwise betray an ally while allied during my 2 years here, and took great pains to treat those losing to us in a like fashion. I wonder if those replacing us will do the same?

The game was once great when I started playing. Removing first the grain cap and then the changes to the pay to play dynamic have marginalized the free player to the point of irrelevance.

I mentioned this and much more before. The free player was part of what made this game great, and was the reason so many played. Take that away and the game loses luster in the loss of the masses.. so many started playing BECAUSE it was free and with HARD work they could build and contribute (if in smaller part but larger number) to the whole of the coalition they were part of , and thus be an important part of the game.

Plariums' response was to power on with the micro transaction parody of other pay to play games to max out the profits. Now that free players know all their grinding and hard work is useless, most quickly give up once they realize how irrelevant they are. If you have 10-20 mil playing PP the right way can give you a boost but even adding 10-20 mil (and PP takes away a lot more than it doubles your bet) makes you barely a speed bump to someone like Usugu. A free players army struggles to even be seen in the melee that is out there now. Once the free player loses an army, there is no revival either. One shot and done. Many former pay players that lose large portions face the other side of the coin now as they ask themselves: "Why should I revive when the game has declined so much?" Thus the decline of the free player enforces the decline of the pay player. The current degrading and self reinforcing spiral we find ourselves in is the result.

Kudos to them in getting a few bucks out of us. Even I bought 100$ worth of PAs just to pay back a few of the agitants who were the most prominent in attacking us ( I coudlnt in good conscience do nothing while people I counted as my friends went down - small effort, but symbolic to how I felt about my coa - strong enough to break my standard of how I see pay-to-win games ) , so I suppose to an extent, Plarium gets what it seeks short term , at the cost of killing the goose that laid the golden egg in changing from pay-to-play optional, to pay-to-win mandatory.

As someone else previously mentioned in this thread: a moment of silence for the entire game. We now preside upon its decline, vigil at its bedside.

Nov 28, 2017, 13:5711/28/17
Nov 28, 2017, 14:05(edited)
02/26/16

sweetpeahead said:

lefeubleu said:

I get your point, Diomed...

I wonder though, since Parabellum, it has become common that most big hits on caps are followed by a descent to lvl5, since they stop defending, having lost too much in the first place.

But imagine a coalition where everybody puts 30% of their defense in cap, they are downgraded but didn't expect it so they didn't activate their bonuses ; then they know they will be downgraded again the next day, but though they have suffered big losses, why not put their remaining 70% (drop pans if needed) in their cap within the 24 hour protection and all (who are online at least) activate defense bonuses (elixirs, general equipment, phylarch, +10/20/50% from the market) ?

24 hours later, their cap would be much better defended and unless their attackers are ready to suffer even bigger losses than the day before (which is rarely the case I suppose...), defeat would turn into victory (costly one, perhaps!)

I'm talking about high level coalitions obviously, otherwise they would just get wiped out again.

PS : I remember now, when Thersites Rising went down, they replaced their losses (but didn't put all, probably didn't expect to be hit again, it was perhaps the first lvl20 cap to go down, if I'm not mistaken)

Good in theory , yet against the math : still comes up short. Usugu (and some Plarium sponsorship) assured Terms destruction. 30% even with pans stripped would have been easier to overcome with the first attack. Putting in the remaining 70% then would have cost more to downgrade, but given the strength available from just one person, and the horde available to set against us, a bit more effort from the other 5 coas would have still carried that through. Then after that , being truly nothing left; the slide down is the same.

As far as how hated Terminators was, I can also add that we were very restrained and merciful given what we were capable of. Almost all coa we were victorious against when asked by them were granted mercy by us and took shelter in it. Not saying that means we deserved any ourselves, but the new #1 is going to have a bit of a problem exceeding that level of benevolence. We brought people sanctuary in our shadow as well and those who were allied with us enjoyed the benefits of that protection (including T300). There were of course some individuals here who were a little over zealous in pursuing the enemy. It was a large family and in addition, people loved to use our banner for their buggery, so they could have it  said: "It was terminators". A lot of the time it was someones' alt from another coa that wanted Terms to fight their battles for them. 

I was witness to a few people admonished, punished or even thrown out of the guild for not complying with the diplomacy set by leadership. There were more who were just 'given a pass' , of course, but most I witnessed didnt over do it more than any other person from any other coa (hitting someones farm or emporium a few times doesnt really count as a campaign of destruction in this game). Despite those detractions, we managed to keep the majority in line and dealt with the others for the most part. Leadership honored its diplomatic agreements. We didnt backstab or otherwise betray an ally while allied during my 2 years here, and took great pains to treat those losing to us in a like fashion. I wonder if those replacing us will do the same?

The game was once great when I started playing. Removing first the grain cap and then the changes to the pay to play dynamic have marginalized the free player to the point of irrelevance.

I mentioned this and much more before. The free player was part of what made this game great, and was the reason so many played. Take that away and the game loses luster in the loss of the masses.. so many started playing BECAUSE it was free and with HARD work they could build and contribute (if in smaller part but larger number) to the whole of the coalition they were part of , and thus be an important part of the game.

Plariums' response was to power on with the micro transaction parody of other pay to play games to max out the profits. Now that free players know all their grinding and hard work is useless, most quickly give up once they realize how irrelevant they are. If you have 10-20 mil playing PP the right way can give you a boost but even adding 10-20 mil (and PP takes away a lot more than it doubles your bet) makes you barely a speed bump to someone like Usugu. A free players army struggles to even be seen in the melee that is out there now. Once the free player loses an army, there is no revival either. One shot and done. Many former pay players that lose large portions face the other side of the coin now as they ask themselves: "Why should I revive when the game has declined so much?" Thus the decline of the free player enforces the decline of the pay player. The current degrading and self reinforcing spiral we find ourselves in is the result.

Kudos to them in getting a few bucks out of us. Even I bought 100$ worth of PAs just to pay back a few of the agitants who were the most prominent in attacking us ( I coudlnt in good conscience do nothing while people I counted as my friends went down - small effort, but symbolic to how I felt about my coa - strong enough to break my standard of how I see pay-to-win games ) , so I suppose to an extent, Plarium gets what it seeks short term , at the cost of killing the goose that laid the golden egg in changing from pay-to-play optional, to pay-to-win mandatory.

As someone else previously mentioned in this thread: a moment of silence for the entire game. We now preside upon its decline, vigil at its bedside.

Very nice written about the sparta situation.

Usgu, Agim and a few other massive money players were nobody 1 year ago.

But thanks to the Plaruim method, that with money you can achieve everything in say 1 month, it is possible to make all contracts, building to maximum. And to create an army where a normal player in 10th century can not get there.

All this has nothing to do with a game even in the approach.

Eg. such money gamblers existed in WOW, WOT as well.

They came out of the garage in WOT with their tanks, they believed they were Chuck Norris, and in 10 seconds they were dead.

Here in sparta, a game-poor player, with a thick credit card can achieve anything he wants

Plaruim is happy about the thick money account, but Sparta itself will break.

Nov 30, 2017, 06:4811/30/17
Nov 30, 2017, 07:06(edited)
08/13/16

Surely you have to agree that there is something positive here. If you are the average Spartan Archon, then it is not the end of the world if KING-coiner goes and kills 100 other PRINCE-coiners? Yes, it is not encouraging to see the massively bought armies out there, but those armies have existed for a long time. Given that these armies exist, it is much better for the average Archon if Usgu goes and throws his army against an actual strong enemy, like the Terminators. I'm not saying I'm happy that Terms is down, rather I am saying that at least the big guns are shooting at each other also.

Also, my opinion on something else: Kicking out some members (using polemarch spy) from the coalition's capital to weaken it for attack, is totally fine. Who said you must kill your enemy with honor - if you say/imply that, then that is your perspective/view. It is not a rule, or even the best strategy. The game is called "Sparta War of Empires", not "Sparta Honor of Empires". Traitors/Spies have always existed, they are a powerful weapon, and shaped the world, for better or worse. 

Nov 30, 2017, 19:4711/30/17
04/26/15
tsunwu85rsa said:

Surely you have to agree that there is something positive here. If you are the average Spartan Archon, then it is not the end of the world if KING-coiner goes and kills 100 other PRINCE-coiners? Yes, it is not encouraging to see the massively bought armies out there, but those armies have existed for a long time. Given that these armies exist, it is much better for the average Archon if Usgu goes and throws his army against an actual strong enemy, like the Terminators. I'm not saying I'm happy that Terms is down, rather I am saying that at least the big guns are shooting at each other also.

Also, my opinion on something else: Kicking out some members (using polemarch spy) from the coalition's capital to weaken it for attack, is totally fine. Who said you must kill your enemy with honor - if you say/imply that, then that is your perspective/view. It is not a rule, or even the best strategy. The game is called "Sparta War of Empires", not "Sparta Honor of Empires". Traitors/Spies have always existed, they are a powerful weapon, and shaped the world, for better or worse. 

Wished it was true that we planted a spy pole in Terms, sounds like the ultimate spy attempt. But the truth is that we was offerd this opportunity by their pole. " Use it or dont use it ,but this is whats going to happend, etc etc"
Dec 3, 2017, 02:2212/03/17
09/16/14

tsunwu85rsa said:

No, its not against the rules, and no Terminator suggested or defined it as such. What we did declare RE: Nicholas was that he betrayed us (check) had no honor (check) and sold his account and action for cash (check). All quite well within the rules.

As for prince vs king coiner, the spread is widening there , too. A person like myself, 2.5 years in with only hundreds spent in total vs thousands and 10s of thousands is almost equally as irrelevant as a free player. This is not a good thing, and is also the chief reason for the decline of the entire game, IMO. If I cant be relevant spending hundreds because others are either sponsored by Plarium or have spent 10s of thousands on the game , how likely am I to feel good about further expenditure? What worth will I attach to my effort? I think your trying to put on some rose colored glasses, there.

Dec 3, 2017, 10:0712/03/17
10/02/15
sweetpeahead said:

tsunwu85rsa said:

No, its not against the rules, and no Terminator suggested or defined it as such. What we did declare RE: Nicholas was that he betrayed us (check) had no honor (check) and sold his account and action for cash (check). All quite well within the rules.

As for prince vs king coiner, the spread is widening there , too. A person like myself, 2.5 years in with only hundreds spent in total vs thousands and 10s of thousands is almost equally as irrelevant as a free player. This is not a good thing, and is also the chief reason for the decline of the entire game, IMO. If I cant be relevant spending hundreds because others are either sponsored by Plarium or have spent 10s of thousands on the game , how likely am I to feel good about further expenditure? What worth will I attach to my effort? I think your trying to put on some rose colored glasses, there.

Players here always blames those who can afford to coin and those who dont coin feel they are harass. just move on and play. thats all i can say and if you no longer like to play sparta as it was before then theres no one holding you to look for other games that you find it fair. the truth is, many hypocrites that keep on saying the game is boring or its not fair but they continue to play. how is that? but any way, no one is holding anyone here to leave the game, you have the right to do so. but please dont be hypocrites. thank you
Dec 9, 2017, 21:1812/09/17
08/17/15
Vodka said:

New Generation said:

Vodka said:

hello all you fine people.

stay nice :P

its only a game

Vodka, be nice? are you a saint now? as i know it, you throw some harsh message to Dave and now you are telling us to be nice

why not share some screenshots of the damage you done to Terminators Capital much appreciated

News spreading Sparta that you were asleep during the battle?

You Got me ther haha 

The message thing so wrong btw 

The sLeeping so right 

Was nice Waking up tho 

Stay nice 😃