All Categories

Thessaloniki... The capital of raid ranking....

Thessaloniki... The capital of raid ranking....

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Mar 31, 2017, 00:2703/31/17
Mar 31, 2017, 00:32(edited)
10/09/14

Hi Laurius....

I ll upgrade The Weekly Raid Ranking Records on Plarium Server till now, so everyone knows in the future what the target is:

Max Resources with Buffs:                                   Dorieas  (Guerilla)              19,248 m res

Max Resources without Buffs:                              Svetla     (Independants)    10,9 m

Consecutive weeks on Top 3:                               Fokeas   (Guerilla)              4 cons. weeks on the Top 2  (2/2/2/2)

Consecutive weeks on the Top 1:                         Dorieas   (Guerilla)              2 cons. weeks on the Top 1

Bigger Win without loosing a single res                Dorieas   (Guerilla)              9.600.000 res

Bigger Win with Buffs without loosing a single res            No one yet...

Mar 31, 2017, 00:3703/31/17
Apr 1, 2017, 14:59(edited)
10/09/14
Xena if you can find yr records from your server I ll appreciate... I know yr server is easiest and your records bigger then us, but that it ll give us targets for a nice competition between those two  servers...
Mar 31, 2017, 14:1403/31/17
06/08/15

Hey guys and girls,

Nice intel Dorieas... :) I like your analysis ... just so we can track any attempt of fraud(''regarding raid rankings'') :)) I noticed this raid bug only to the players who doesn't participate constantly in the raid rankings; one more thing: let's not forget that glory is fleeting...

@Needlend161 : Thank you for your kind words... and HOB rules!

Have a good one everybody and all the best!

Mar 31, 2017, 20:4803/31/17
Mar 31, 2017, 23:16(edited)
05/01/15

Hello everyone.

First thing: Djrocco, Dorieas never meant that there was a fraud and that his analysis was a way to track it. He just tried to explain what was the more beneficial way to do the ranking raids, from his own opinion.

Second thing: your theory about the raid bug is wrong. Dorieas said himseld last november that he obtained in several times some more raids due to this Plarium bug. So, this bug happends also for players who participate constantly in the raid rankings.

But, let's go to the main subject of my post. From my opinion, the analysis of Dorieas about the benefit of using IR is not correct, for two reasons:

1°) The calculation of Dorieas must integrate the number of opponents using IR and the number of IR used, what you cannot know at the beginning of a tournament (you can just guess it). If too many raiders are using them, the benefit of using IR will decrease. For example, if 10 players use 7 IR, like DJRocco this week, each of them will spend in Dorieas theory 2100 drachmas for an average reward of 1256 drachmas. In this situation, it is more profitable not to use any IR than 7 or less.

So, the only reason why, for example, DJRocco think using 7 IR is profitable, is because he is used to a regular configuration of the raid ranking, that let him hope that it will be enough to finish in the top 3. But this configuration seems now to change. And I can understand it can disturb.

2°) The analysis of Dorieas is based on the value of an instant recall at the black market : 300 drachmas. But this is not the only way to get them. You can have them for free as reward in some PVP tournament. In this case, the IR are not valuable: because, you did not buy them and you can't sell them. If a player use these IR in a raid ranking, he won't make any loss, whatever the place.

For example, I have 14 free IR. In the usual configuration, I'm sure to finish 1st spending 0 drachma, with at most 10,2 millions. Another player could finished 2nd, with 7 IR bought. Finally, I would have won 3100 drachmas more than him.

The calculation is this one: you spent troops in the PVP tournament, changing them in IR (and other items, drachmas and troops of course). Then you change the IR in drachmas by spending them in the raid ranking. This is a real benefit, despite Dorieas analysis.

That is what Rambo partly did.

However, it's a game, and it is also a pleasure to brake record and finish first in a tournament. That is a sort of fun we are all looking for.

Laurius,

Apr 1, 2017, 09:5304/01/17
05/08/16

Laurius said:

For example, I have 14 free IR. In the usual configuration, I'm sure to finish 1st spending 0 drachma, with at most 10,2 millions.

Hi Laurius,

Your calculation is wrong. Is wrong why if you use your 14 IR in once then you ll have win 5000 drhs in one week but you ll run out of IR for the following weeks Raid Rankings. Then or you have to buy or to wait one month when next tournament with IR bonus appears.

If Dorieas has also like you 14 IR. Dorieas as he said he used 3 IR this week and as both we can see he got the 3rd place 3000 drhs. But Dorieas he has another 11 IR left for the next upcoming tournaments. And you not.. That means he has another 4 weeks to run for at least for the 3rd position. 3000 x 5 weeks = 15000 drhs. 

His profit it ll be 3 times bigger then yours. Simple mathematics.
Apr 1, 2017, 12:4004/01/17
06/08/15

Hey guys,

@ Laurius:  I respect your point of view (of course mine is different and I prefer not to expose it here; my analysis is not as bushy; for me raid rankings it's just a hobby :) ) ... It seems you know some theory but usually practice is different- believe me, Dorieas, I and other raiders  know a little bit about raid rankings-. If you were monitoring last six months(raid rankings) you have seen who received 10 raids(raid bug). I see you assume a lot of things... but you never thought that these assumptions are wrong?... Nevermind, but i see this like a ''battle'' between your coa.s to break any records...cool. Congrats to your friends!

@ Fokeas: totally agreed with your point of view(very simple yet so enlightening and profitable)... 

Actually there is 1 or 2 tourn.(with IR) per month and you can get 10 IR(maximum reward) or maybe a few more; don't know exactly but for that  your friends(Laurius) must lose enough troops...your friend admit it - that he bought 25 IR -, so I think it is not too interested in those tourn. ... 

So, let's keep it simple like Dorieas and Fokeas.  Cheers.

Apr 1, 2017, 20:5904/01/17
Apr 1, 2017, 23:04(edited)
05/01/15

Thank you for your answer, Fokeas and DJRocco.

Fokeas:

The main object of my post was to show that Dorieas calculation on IR's value wasn't correct, not to to prove that using 14 IR was the most profitable way to do the raid ranking. By the way, you compared the benefit of Dorieas in a period of 3 months with the benefit of my guy in 1 month.

I do agree that Dorieas strategy is a very good one in the present configuration. But don't forget something, guys: the only reason why using a few number of IR is profitable at the present time, is just because there is only a few players using them... Let see what happend if the raid ranking gets more concurrential.

This is why, if you want to make good mathematics, you must integrate in your calculation of the profit the number of players using IR and the number of IR used, as I wrote yesterday. I'm sure you are pretty aware of that.

DJRocco:

You are right: it is a sort of battle. And we enjoy it :) But I don't see what assumptions of mine you are talking about.

You must notice that my post was about the calculation of benefit in using IR, not about how Svetla or Rambo used them. That's another thing. They were both looking for breaking record. But I must specify that Rambo had 10 free IR and bought 25 (and he didn't use all of them).

Laurius,

Apr 1, 2017, 23:4804/01/17
10/09/14
DjroccotheGreat1 said:

I noticed this raid bug only to the players who doesn't participate constantly in the raid rankings

You are 100% right, DjRocco... Only the new appears they have the raid bugs... Thats means are manual "bugs"... And manual bugs are against the fair gaming... Now, maybe come the Mods to refuse it, but my answer in advance is: Imperfect knowledge is worst then ignorance...
Apr 2, 2017, 09:2504/02/17
Apr 2, 2017, 13:28(edited)
05/01/15

https://plarium.com/forum/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/archive/31631_plarium-is-supporting-players-on-the-game----is-that-fair---/?post=212721

Dorieas post on 14 November, 2016, 5:54 PM UTC.

"Summer I didnt take part of raiding due to my summer job but when I return back on rallying at October I heard from players that happens every week.. The first time I took part again to weekly raid ranking, happens against me... At the second time I took part refills my raids from 6 to 10... I won the 1st spot but that victory was clear with 700 k res and without using that 4 raids as respect to other runners."

I knew your theory was that Plarium didn't like the very few players who manage to win many drachmas with the raid ranking, because they do prefer players who spend money in the game. So, they give "manually" some more raids to some non constant raiders in order to put the very few out of the top 3.

But in this case, why give some more raids in october to Dorieas, who is one player of the very few?

And why give to Svetla 7 more raids last friday night, while she was 1st with a margin of 1,3 millions points? What did it change? Plarium would have better give them to the one in the 4th spot.

Come on, guys...

Apr 2, 2017, 17:4604/02/17
10/09/14

Laurius said:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/archive/31631_plarium-is-supporting-players-on-the-game----is-that-fair---/?post=212721

Dorieas post on 14 November, 2016, 5:54 PM UTC.

"Summer I didnt take part of raiding due to my summer job but when I return back on rallying at October I heard from players that happens every week.. The first time I took part again to weekly raid ranking, happens against me... At the second time I took part refills my raids from 6 to 10... I won the 1st spot but that victory was clear with 700 k res and without using that 4 raids as respect to other runners."

I knew your theory was that Plarium didn't like the very few players who manage to win many drachmas with the raid ranking, because they do prefer players who spend money in the game. So, they give "manually" some more raids to some non constant raiders in order to put the very few out of the top 3.

But in this case, why give some more raids in october to Dorieas, who is one player of the very few?

And why give to Svetla 7 more raids last friday night, while she was 1st with a margin of 1,3 millions points? What did it change? Plarium would have better give them to the one in the 4th spot.

Come on, guys...

As I said I do not took part whole summer season (June to Octomber). When I came back as a new appearence it restore my raids full to maximum...

Now why I took only 4 and Svetla 7, is because I had 6 raids on hand and Svetla 3... 

Now why Plarium give it to the 1st spot Svetla and not to 4th is because Svetla is a new appearance and the 4th propably not... Even if they given to 4th propably has no hopes to win a seat to top 3, but given to Svetla, Plarium ensure that a new appearance he/she win the 1st spot...

May 9, 2017, 17:0005/09/17
05/01/15

Hello Dorieas,

Pythagoras_345 (Razorbacks) just broke your record of bigger win without loosing a single ressource. He made 97 raids of 100k at the last raid ranking.

Laurius,

Dorieas said:

Hi Laurius....

I ll upgrade The Weekly Raid Ranking Records on Plarium Server till now, so everyone knows in the future what the target is:

Max Resources with Buffs:                                   Dorieas  (Guerilla)              19,248 m res

Max Resources without Buffs:                              Svetla     (Independants)    10,9 m

Consecutive weeks on Top 3:                               Fokeas   (Guerilla)              4 cons. weeks on the Top 2  (2/2/2/2)

Consecutive weeks on the Top 1:                         Dorieas   (Guerilla)              2 cons. weeks on the Top 1

Bigger Win without loosing a single res                Dorieas   (Guerilla)              9.600.000 res

Bigger Win with Buffs without loosing a single res            No one yet...

May 11, 2017, 14:3605/11/17
12/28/16

Thanks you to Dorieas and Laurius for updating record book with my accomplishments.

To be 100% accurate, on the lowest level to top 3, i was 67 through Friday of the week, but hit level 68 on Saturday during the event, so I was technically level 68 when I finished in second place.

But also, you may want to add the lowest level to win 1st.  I did that at level 70, this past week.

Thanks

May 15, 2017, 17:5905/15/17
10/09/14

Upgrading Weekly Raid Ranking Records:

Max Resources with Buffs:                                           Dorieas (Guerilla) 19,248 m res

Max Resources without Buffs:                                      Svetla (Independants) 10,9 m

Consecutive weeks on Top 3:                                       Fokeas (Guerilla) 4 cons. weeks on the Top 2 (2/2/2/2)

Consecutive weeks on the Top 1:                                 Dorieas (Guerilla) 2 cons. weeks on the Top 1

Bigger Win without loosing a single res:                       Pythagoras345 (Razorbacks) 9.700.000 res

Bigger Win with Buffs without loosing a single res:      No one yet...

Lowest lvl won a place at top 3:                                    Pythagoras345 (Razorbacks) Lvl 68

Lowest lvl won the Top 1:                                              Pythagoras345  (Razorbacks) Lvl 70 

Jun 18, 2017, 18:0806/18/17
Jul 14, 2017, 22:54(edited)
05/01/15

New update of the raid ranking weekly records (15.07.2017).

Max Resources with Buffs:                                           Dorieas (Guerilla) 19,248 m

Max Resources without Buffs:                                      Svetla (Independants) 11, 270 767 m

Consecutive weeks on Top 3:                                       Fokeas (Guerilla) 4 cons. weeks on the Top 2 (2/2/2/2)

Consecutive weeks on the Top 1:                                 Dorieas (Guerilla) 2 cons. weeks on the Top 1

Bigger Win without loosing a single res:                       Pythagoras345 (Razorbacks) 10 m res

Most members of the same coalition in top 10:            La Horde 6 members (from 1st to 6th)

Oct 7, 2017, 10:1910/07/17
10/09/14
Laurius said:

Max Resources with Buffs:                                           Dorieas (Guerilla) 19,248 m

Max Resources without Buffs:                                      Svetla (Independants) 11, 270 767 m

Bigger Win without loosing a single res:                       Pythagoras345 (Razorbacks) 10 m res

Most members of the same coalition in top 10:            La Horde 6 members (from 1st to 6th)

Oct 7, 2017, 10:2110/07/17
Oct 7, 2017, 10:22(edited)
10/09/14

Dorieas said:

Laurius said:

Hi Laurius and Pythagoras...
I m back in the game after a long summer season job... Because I m sure I miss some records of raid ranking can someone upload the new records... I m back and ready in next month to break every single one.. lol..

Oct 9, 2017, 14:2210/09/17
11/18/14
welcome back dorieas ;)
Oct 21, 2017, 17:1910/21/17
Oct 21, 2017, 17:19(edited)
05/01/15

Hi Dorieas,

Welcome back. :)

No more records broken. It's up-to date.

My team is waiting for you to compete :)

Laurius,

Nov 3, 2017, 08:4811/03/17
05/06/16

Who cares about raid rankings?

If you need to raid a lot, it means you have a poorly developed city.
Nov 3, 2017, 17:5011/03/17
11/18/14

lol agaghas you are wrong raiding a lot doesn't mean you have a porly city raiding a lot means you can build thousands of troops and grow your army!!