Maelstrom Coalition

10 Replies
Diomed
4 August, 2016, 3:45 AM UTC

Yes, we are small, but we are growing. This is a NO RULES coalition: 


But we do expect you to use good judgment (i.e., understand the concept of blowback: when you attack someone or some thing, be willing to accept the consequences and do not let personal recklessness blow back on the entire coalition); do not attack allies (only 5 at the moment, including American Outlaws, an excellent coalition); and contribute defense to the capital, so we can continue to upgrade it.

Maelstrom is currently ranked approximately 183, so you can quickly find us in the coalitions list. One of my favorite things about Maelstrom is you can come here and not automatically have to contribute all your defense to pantheons. 

If you are a relatively new player, we will help you with articles and resources. If you are a veteran, all the better. No rules.


We are mostly English-speaking, but all nationalities are welcome. Multinational coalitions are always the best.



UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
4 August, 2016, 8:43 AM UTC
Good luck, guys! 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
paladin
4 August, 2016, 10:29 AM UTC
Good luck Diomed !
†terminators†
UTC +0:00
Prometheus
4 August, 2016, 1:07 PM UTC
Good luck! I am sure it's going to be a great coal :)
UTC +4:00
RIX
6 August, 2016, 11:26 PM UTC

Congrats

So for now you guys are like Tortoises and bigger coals like Megladons while you grow.


I wish you nothing but the best of luck



A T H E N A
UTC -5:00
Diomed
7 August, 2016, 4:41 AM UTC

There are some big fish out there, but we have been tested by fire. 

You win some, you lose some.

Thank you for your words of encouragement.
UTC +0:00
Diomed
7 August, 2016, 5:25 AM UTC
RIX said:

Congrats

So for now you guys are like Tortoises and bigger coals like Megladons while you grow.


I wish you nothing but the best of luck



Rix, the tortoise and the mastodon analogy is a matter of coalition values. Having a "tortuga" (testudo) mentality as a 'veteran' coalition is less a matter of necessity, and more a matter of choice (as set by the upper echelon in the coalition). And there is something to be said about a defensive mentality. Heck, the Trojans were a defensive people, but they were also conquered eventually (granted it took the Greeks almost a decade to conquer Troy). We will not have a purely defensive mentality in Maelstrom, but we will make sure to use sound judgment when attacking foes of greater experience and power.
UTC +0:00
RIX
10 August, 2016, 7:58 PM UTC
Diomed said:



Rix, the tortoise and the mastodon analogy is a matter of coalition values. Having a "tortuga" (testudo) mentality as a 'veteran' coalition is less a matter of necessity, and more a matter of choice (as set by the upper echelon in the coalition). And there is something to be said about a defensive mentality. Heck, the Trojans were a defensive people, but they were also conquered eventually (granted it took the Greeks almost a decade to conquer Troy). We will not have a purely defensive mentality in Maelstrom, but we will make sure to use sound judgment when attacking foes of greater experience and power.

Bottom line is it is good to see a no rules coalition.  We have dropped almost all diplomacy now and will continue to thin it out ourselves. It's best this way
A T H E N A
UTC -5:00
jyjn7
23 August, 2016, 5:01 PM UTC
you said a no rules coalition.but what is that do not attack allies!!!
UTC +8:00
Karamel
24 August, 2016, 1:31 AM UTC

jyjn7 said:


you said a no rules coalition.but what is that do not attack allies!!!

No rules doesn't mean back-stabbiing if you want to grow. Yes, coalitions have done it in the past and have survived (asso). You can do the style of play any way you want; spies, full on pantheon attack, PA and activate full protection, defend strategic points, etc. However, there were friends that helped them along their multi-attack plan. No rules doesn't always necessarily mean no diplomacy as always. Not even Athena has "no allies". You are most likely never going to find a successful coalition that has at least one friend and/or long standing alliance. 

Without Truce,there is war. And War doesn't decide who is right; only who is left

Credits to Leonidas
UTC +4:00
Diomed
24 August, 2016, 9:24 PM UTC
Karamel said:

jyjn7 said:


you said a no rules coalition.but what is that do not attack allies!!!

No rules doesn't mean back-stabbiing if you want to grow. Yes, coalitions have done it in the past and have survived (asso). You can do the style of play any way you want; spies, full on pantheon attack, PA and activate full protection, defend strategic points, etc. However, there were friends that helped them along their multi-attack plan. No rules doesn't always necessarily mean no diplomacy as always. Not even Athena has "no allies". You are most likely never going to find a successful coalition that has at least one friend and/or long standing alliance. 

Without Truce,there is war. And War doesn't decide who is right; only who is left

Credits to Leonidas
Well said, Karamel. We never back-stab allies; but as of now we have limited our agreements to only 5 coalitions. Some coalitions like to have pages and pages of alliances. With so many so-called "allies", it's hard to say if any of them are meaningful. We have only a few peace agreements, but we take each one seriously. However, if and when we get into the pantheon game, it will likely be necessary to revise the policy of limited peace agreements.
UTC +0:00
1663773 users registered; 34009 topics; 253012 posts; our newest member:Yhwach