Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 18, 2018, 17:0202/18/18
06/19/15

An open letter to Plarium

An open letter to Plarium

Dear Plarium,    

there was a time, when this game used to be fun and most everyone was happy.  

Of course, there always has been the occasional rant from people not agreeing with certain decisions (starving troops, introduction of the Emporia and so on).  That was fine.   

But recently, this game has become unplayable to most everyone. 

I am not talking about coiners vs. non-coiners or about abuse of persian positions. 

What I mean is that you seem to have no idea how to run a freaking browser game!   

I am not complaining about the almost two year old bug where you get notification icons when there really were no notifications.

Although that alone must be embarrassing for you. And I don't mean the fact that you often can't collect your reward from the Amphitheater, because your general has ran out of Aether when you just finished your opponent and immediately the "you have run out of Aether" message pops up, preventing you to collect. 

No, I am talking about the fact that - regardless of the time I log in or my current position anywhere in the world - I am suffering severe lags that at a minimum lead to constant useless raids or even loss of troops.

Example: it took 4:26 minutes to get the notification that my raid on a city was done. And guess what - the galleys I sent to maximize rewards needed to be recalled with an item because - well, it was 4:30+ since I had sent them and the cancel click was obviously not registered.   

And don't even start telling me to clear the cache and all that bullshit.

I am developing high availability database solutions for 15+ years (SQL Server) now for large enterprises and certainly know when my computer / connection / cache or stupidity is to blame.   

So, I am asking here in public:  what your plans are to rectify this situation? 

Do you need help sorting out where the problems come from?

Do you need better software developers?

Better database people?

Or maybe better senior management that can understand business needs, technical information AND CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS?    

Or did you finally reach the point where you - as a company - just don't care any more about your customers (paying and not paying)?

Whatever you do, do it fast and more importantly: share your plans with this community of gamers. Because frankly, we don't see anything moving in any direction. And if that is the plan, better let everyone know, because otherwise you might end up with a very lonely Sparta, where a few coiners have huge armies but no one to battle any more.   

Best regards   

/Old  

Views
Comments
Comments
Agent PavelTechnical Support
Feb 19, 2018, 08:4202/19/18
07/02/15

Hello, Archon!

This issue is already discussed in another topic. Here is a link for you

This topic will be closed.  

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.