Accents in the french version of the game

9 Replies
User
19 July, 2017, 6:51 AM UTC

Bonjour all,

I use the French interface to play Sparta and since the last major update, it has become impossible to use the letter A with a grave accent( as in " à ")  or any circumflex accent (as in " être "), both on the chat and private messages.

This may not bug some players, but French-speaking players who naturally type using these accents find it extremely bothering as it either wipes whole words from PMs or prevents us  from using the chat properly.

Could it be fixed (like already done over a year ago, before this regression) ?

Thanks in advance !

Aba

UTC +0:00
Community Manager
19 July, 2017, 7:11 AM UTC

Thank you for this report. Our developers are aware of this issue and they are currently working on it.

As soon as they prepare a fix, it will be released. Please be patient, it may take some time. Thank you for understanding.

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
User
19 July, 2017, 11:16 AM UTC

Thank you for your answer, Alyona.

Let's hope that what took a single update to break won't take months to fix... ;)

Community Manager
20 July, 2017, 10:26 AM UTC
Abaelle said:

Thank you for your answer, Alyona.

Let's hope that what took a single update to break won't take months to fix... ;)

I hope so too :)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
User
27 July, 2017, 8:08 PM UTC

So happy there is a thread about this...

I'm fed up with it too !

As soon as you use "à", the curser goes back to the beginning of the message.

It really is upsetting, Alyona please tell them to hurry :p
UTC -4:00
28 July, 2017, 8:46 AM UTC

I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
Community Manager
28 July, 2017, 9:15 AM UTC
lefeubleu FQtrahI said:

So happy there is a thread about this...

I'm fed up with it too !

As soon as you use "à", the curser goes back to the beginning of the message.

It really is upsetting, Alyona please tell them to hurry :p
I am telling them each week ;)
User
10 January, 2018, 7:20 AM UTC

up !

...it's been months now and still we Francophones cannot write "properly".

Accents used to work in messages ant chat, surely there is a way to restore this functionality?

Happy New year to all!
Administrator
10 January, 2018, 9:52 AM UTC

Hello, Archons!

The letters with the apostrophe have been removed from the game by our developers intentionally. This has been made due to technical restrictions of other game elements. At this moment the signs are not planned to be added to the game again. 
Support agents do not reply to private messages, they only use it for requesting additional information. | Агенты службы поддержки не отвечают на личные сообщения, а только используют их для запроса дополнительной информации.
User
16 January, 2018, 9:04 PM UTC
Well, if you're never going to get it fixed, I guess we'll just have to make do, huh ? Let's try and forget about grammar rules and write 'a' instead of "à"... 
UTC -4:00
1932253 users registered; 62268 topics; 328249 posts; our newest member:UnknownRanger