Why no PVP Points?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
May 24, 2017, 17:3905/24/17
01/15/17

Why no PVP Points?

There are 2 PVP events running currently

My city has just been attacked by Pain, which I defeated.

Although I killed 47 of 48 hops attacking I received no points whatsoever.

Why?

https://i.gyazo.com/8d1aa3df152db728d84425048bd81bda.png

Views
Comments
Comments
May 24, 2017, 23:4105/24/17
07/21/15
Normally you have to lose a few troops yourself to gain points. The ideal is to have troops that are stronger than your opponents to maximise your points  but not so many that you don't lose a single soldier. This applies whether you are attacking or defending. If a city receives a wall of defence in reinforcements from their coalition or allies of several million strength then it will likely destroy an opponent's army but will result in no defence points for the defenders. Similarly if an attacker such as yourself virtually wipes out a defending army and loses no units him/herself then although you win you don't get any points. Points seem to be based on amount of troops sacrificed although you will get more points the more troops you kill as long as you lose a certain amount of troops yourself.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 25, 2017, 07:5705/25/17
09/17/15
A very good explanation, Eroica! 
Jun 25, 2017, 18:5806/25/17
10/20/15

How about when somebody fails to spy on you when the scouts in your city are all yours ?

If the opponent scouts with normal scouts, you don't lose any, so will/should that get you points ?

I think it normally does, but it has happened to me at least twice that I didn't get any points in that situation, though there was a PVP tourney going on and I defeated tenths of them.

Oh, and that's a good occasion for me to mention that the fact that we apparently still cannot send a ticket to plarium : we've got this link https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000097325 but it just allows us to go through lists of known issues, and not to mention anything new. Am I missing something ?

Jun 26, 2017, 13:0106/26/17
Jun 27, 2017, 08:01(edited)
03/10/15

yes, it takes hours and hours of team investigation to find how to send a ticket and them lots of patiente 

click on any of the issues... (yes i know, its not logical, they could just put a nice link visible, but not... so let work with what we have, not what we wish or what we have experienced in otehr games supports systems)

and underneath all this you will see that, nearly hidden

click there in submit a request :-)

then, to fullfit the request is not an easy task.... but its fullfitting (sarcasm) specially if they close saying ssolved, and its really nont solved, they just answer .... 

good luck!
Jun 26, 2017, 17:1506/26/17
Jun 26, 2017, 17:17(edited)
03/10/15

why my psot has been deleted? it was informative and i explain how to get to the "submit a ticket" part and how to fill a ticket, can someone explain why it was deleted and why i was not informed the reasons?

All other game forums i have been part always (and other forums in the last 20 years) if you write soemthing incorrect or gaist the norms, you get a note or somethin indicating what you ahve doen wrong, if not how are we supposed to know what we do wrong?
Jun 27, 2017, 18:0506/27/17
03/10/15
now yes, thanks to the person that checked :-)
Jun 27, 2017, 20:1306/27/17
10/20/15

Drag-Theseus said:

lefeubleu said:

How about when somebody fails to spy on you when the scouts in your city are all yours ?

If the opponent scouts with normal scouts, you don't lose any, so will/should that get you points ?

I think it normally does, but it has happened to me at least twice that I didn't get any points in that situation, though there was a PVP tourney going on and I defeated tenths of them.

Oh, and that's a good occasion for me to mention that the fact that we apparently still cannot send a ticket to plarium : we've got this link https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000097325 but it just allows us to go through lists of known issues, and not to mention anything new. Am I missing something ?

How many scouts / spies are we taking about?

https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

I miraculously found one of the screenshots back :

http://prntscr.com/fow9z4

I think there have been times when the number was higher and when I got no points at all (and even once, it cost me a huge reward in the end, since I fell short of 10k points by very little ! but I'm not expecting plarium to give me anything back for that lol)

Thank you lovely Fortuna !

Jun 30, 2017, 04:4506/30/17

What Eroica explained is also why experienced wise players now that the Top Offense and Top Defense lists are really the Biggest Losers list. The really best players who kill without losing much at all, are not celebrated by Plarium because Plarium wants EVERYONE to lose troops so they spend more money getting troops back.

So if you want to know who the most effective players in the game are, you have to do much more research.

If you want to know which players spend the most money buying troops they lost, look at the biggest losers lists, always readily available in the game. (And then don't be so intimidated by these biggest losers).
Jul 3, 2017, 12:0507/03/17
09/17/15
leo said:

What Eroica explained is also why experienced wise players now that the Top Offense and Top Defense lists are really the Biggest Losers list. The really best players who kill without losing much at all, are not celebrated by Plarium because Plarium wants EVERYONE to lose troops so they spend more money getting troops back.

So if you want to know who the most effective players in the game are, you have to do much more research.

If you want to know which players spend the most money buying troops they lost, look at the biggest losers lists, always readily available in the game. (And then don't be so intimidated by these biggest losers).
Leo, if you have someone in mind, who is among the biggest Offensive/Defensive players, but not in TOP list, please share ;) 
Jul 4, 2017, 02:5107/04/17
10/20/15

leo said:

Yes, do be intimidated by them since you can be sure they revived what needed to be revived so they're still here ready for anybody^^

though it's true that it doesn't mean they are the best players :)

PS : Alyona, I have a friend who has 70k offensive cav, not too bad, huh ?

Jul 4, 2017, 08:1407/04/17
09/17/15
lefeubleu FQtrahI said:

PS : Alyona, I have a friend who has 70k offensive cav, not too bad, huh ?

Are they planning to hit someone?
Jul 30, 2017, 08:2407/30/17
10/20/15

He regularly does, yes, but mostly on lvl 8-10 capitals, at random, all by himself, because he finds it boring to look in many places to get tenths of thousands of points^^

I don't like him doing that though

Jul 30, 2017, 23:0707/30/17
11/17/16
lefeubleu said:

He regularly does, yes, but mostly on lvl 8-10 capitals, at random, all by himself, because he finds it boring to look in many places to get tenths of thousands of points^^

I don't like him doing that though

Well 70K cavalry is not bad at all but if he wants not to be bored he should attack a strong enemy!