Grain consumption

Grain consumption

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Mar 16, 2018, 00:2403/16/18
08/01/16

Grain consumption

I kept an eye on the consumption rate for each troop as I started upgrading my farms. The farms were upgraded to level 25 when I should have received extra 1% reduction in grain consumption per farm. However, none of the troop types showed any reduction in the grain consumption rate. The rates are same as before the farm upgrade. 

Playing on the browser. Sparta - Glorious Valley

Views
Comments
Comments
Agent HelenTechnical Support
Mar 16, 2018, 10:1503/16/18
10/24/17

Hi, please note that not all bonuses are displayed in that window not to make it too large. Also, keep in mind that some bonuses are applied to basic characteristics and some to actual (they are displayed).

Mar 16, 2018, 15:4803/16/18
08/01/16
hi. it went down every other time. for example, out of 6 farms, when i upgraded 2 farms, the cavalry consumption went down to 0.09 from 0.12. however after the upgrade of last 4 farms, the cavalry still stayed at 0.09. i believe that's still high considering all the grain consumption related upgrades i have done. 
Mar 16, 2018, 23:1103/16/18
10/15/15

chakrab said:

hi. it went down every other time. for example, out of 6 farms, when i upgraded 2 farms, the cavalry consumption went down to 0.09 from 0.12. however after the upgrade of last 4 farms, the cavalry still stayed at 0.09. i believe that's still high considering all the grain consumption related upgrades i have done. 

Friend I think you are linking between the production of grain and what your troops eat, look at the image.

Where it says "production 120 P / H" is what your farms produce, subtracting what your troops consume.

Where it says "Grain consumptio 1485" is the consumption of ALL your troops.

There is a% that we can reduce both with Demeter and in the academy and we will always have that.

Others are temporary like when we activate domain when passing level.

That's why sometimes you see a consumption and other times higher, or lower

Mar 17, 2018, 13:4903/17/18
Mar 17, 2018, 13:51(edited)
08/01/16

i am not talking about the grain production. i am talking about grain consumption by each troop. when you click on the troop details, you can see how much each type of troop consumes per hour. when the farm upgraded and grain consumption is supposed to go down by 1%, i expected these consumptions to go down. however, it did not after the last upgrade.

to make it clearer, i am talking about the number that you see when you click on the military building, then a troop to see details and that's were one sees the consumption rate.

also to add, my farms are all at lvl 25, demeter at lvl 20 and academy at lvl 80. 
Agent PavelTechnical Support
Mar 20, 2018, 14:1103/20/18
07/02/15

chakrab said:

i am not talking about the grain production. i am talking about grain consumption by each troop. when you click on the troop details, you can see how much each type of troop consumes per hour. when the farm upgraded and grain consumption is supposed to go down by 1%, i expected these consumptions to go down. however, it did not after the last upgrade.

to make it clearer, i am talking about the number that you see when you click on the military building, then a troop to see details and that's were one sees the consumption rate.

also to add, my farms are all at lvl 25, demeter at lvl 20 and academy at lvl 80. 

Hello, Archon!

The Grain consumption is calculated by a special formula. We do not disclose it to our players.

Meanwhile, I can confirm that the bonuses are applied correctly. After every level 25 farm upgrade, the consumption goes down. However, some bonuses are applied to the basic consumption values and other ones are applied to the actual. This is why the decrease can be less than you expect. 
Mar 22, 2018, 18:5503/22/18
Mar 22, 2018, 19:57(edited)
08/01/16

Agent Pavel said:

Hello, Archon!

The Grain consumption is calculated by a special formula. We do not disclose it to our players.

Meanwhile, I can confirm that the bonuses are applied correctly. After every level 25 farm upgrade, the consumption goes down. However, some bonuses are applied to the basic consumption values and other ones are applied to the actual. This is why the decrease can be less than you expect. 

Is it also the case that Veteran Offensive troops have higher consumption that Defense troops?

AndriiTechnical Support
Mar 24, 2018, 15:0203/24/18
06/03/14

chakrab said:

Agent Pavel said:

Hello, Archon!

Is it also the case that Veteran Offensive troops have higher consumption that Defense troops?

Hello, Archon! I have just checked the game balance and can say for sure that it is supposed to be like that: Offensive Veteran units consume a bit more than Defensive Veterans.