political attacks removal

political attacks removal

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jun 7, 2016, 21:4906/07/16
02/25/16

I don't agree at all... all you are doing by increasing the defending force is spreading out the losses to more players.  The losses are still the same no matter how well you defend.  The defender's strength does not affect the PA at all.  He takes out 15K of units no matter what you do.

Lets say there are 10 friends with 1 million defense each.  Each sends 100K to the 9 other cities to defend so each city is defended by 1 million made up of 100K each from 10 players. 

Now 10 bad guys send 10 PAs to each of the 10 cities... each city suffers 150K damage and each defending player loses 15K in each of the 10 cities.  Exactly what would have happened if each player kept his 1 million defense at home...

Your reasoning escapes me.  PAs are bad because they can't be defeated, countered or foiled and they reward the user with extra PVP points to boot.

Jun 8, 2016, 03:4706/08/16
Jun 8, 2016, 03:54(edited)
06/06/15

I think assassins should be gone. I love defensive units and I personally believe defensive units are ultimately weaker anyways but the game should be about those who rely on defensive units to be able to continually and reasonably defend their city with out the fear of oncoming assassin attacks. I just think assassins ruin the game and if they were gone more players would be willing to leave out their defenses 24 hours instead of hiding them in the Acropolis. It should be a fair battle, your offense vs my defense not my defense vs 2 or 3 assassins. Hope they eventually get banned from the game.

Though, if they have to stay I think it would be cool if assassins could only do damage to a specific unit. That means the person would first have to spy the city and see what is defending it then choose what type of unit the assassin is going to attack. At least that way the assassin can't kill everything in it's path. Players would think twice about sending an assassin if the city is being defended by mediocre units they wouldn't want to waste it. But if the city is being defended by powerful units they would probably use it but can only choose one unit type to attack.
Jun 8, 2016, 11:3906/08/16

I see no harm to bump this thread about how stupid assassins are, I don't agree with you on one point that defense is weaker than offense, not by long shot specially with city def bonus:)

but I personally would leave more defense outside without fear of being wiped out with assasins

Jun 8, 2016, 21:2406/08/16
11/05/15
they wont remove assasins and they do have their uses, I use them to see if someone has a decent amount of def out before either boosting a raid in or moving my city for a hit and run 
Jun 9, 2016, 01:1206/09/16

morteeee said:

they wont remove assasins and they do have their uses, I use them to see if someone has a decent amount of def out before either boosting a raid in or moving my city for a hit and run 

I don't doubt they have their uses, that's why people complain about them for their "uses" as many players see them as unfair unit, which also making tons of players not to leave defense out at all. It would be better for more fighting in long run to not to have them in game, not to mention many happy players.

You never know, if people object or complaint enough, they might remove or change them.

Jun 9, 2016, 01:3206/09/16
01/27/15
I think PA's would hold more weight if the defender got equal PvP as a default for getting assassinated.  It's not fair when 100-500 assassins rain down on a city that is stacked and the defensive team gets no PvP
Jun 9, 2016, 17:3206/09/16

RIX said:

I think PA's would hold more weight if the defender got equal PvP as a default for getting assassinated.  It's not fair when 100-500 assassins rain down on a city that is stacked and the defensive team gets no PvP

that would be certainly first step towards making them less unfair

+1

Jun 10, 2016, 10:0806/10/16
08/03/15

Assasins belong to the biological warfare or any other kind of warfare apart from hand to hand combat that actually  existed in Ancient Greece and also in other ancient cultures..

Are actually part of The historical part of the game !. They might be a bit overpower, but that's actually pretty logical to me.The uknown is always fearful! Assasins has saved me from a lot of trouble and saved my army more than 5times.I would only agree on a little fix to reduce it's power and it's price If the power gets lowered, but not it's removal. I find them joyful and part of the game.It's also a way for a non coiner to cause a bit of trouble on a heavy coiner or stronger player by just sending 1 PA and getting his Hermes down or some mauraders :)

Jun 10, 2016, 20:3706/10/16
Hackerista said:

Assasins belong to the biological warfare or any other kind of warfare apart from hand to hand combat that actually  existed in Ancient Greece and also in other ancient cultures..

Are actually part of The historical part of the game !. They might be a bit overpower, but that's actually pretty logical to me.The uknown is always fearful! Assasins has saved me from a lot of trouble and saved my army more than 5times.I would only agree on a little fix to reduce it's power and it's price If the power gets lowered, but not it's removal. I find them joyful and part of the game.It's also a way for a non coiner to cause a bit of trouble on a heavy coiner or stronger player by just sending 1 PA and getting his Hermes down or some mauraders :)

will wait and see how joyful you would feel if you receive more than 100 in one day
Jun 11, 2016, 09:3606/11/16
08/03/15

Few days ago I received like 60  from many members of a coal..Then, 60m off came and swiped the def out :) But, I am not angry of the PA's.It's part of the game and I use them also, usually in cunning ways :)

My favourite way is to destroy the def that protects sieges that I raid.I've lost a lot of horses in the past of being trapped.After hitting with PA before my marauders hit and I end up outsmarting  my enemy who wants to trap me...THe smile you get out of this, is precious :)
Jun 11, 2016, 19:4706/11/16

so it is hackerista and thatblocke who like assassins vs everybody else who doesn't in this thread.

its still 2 vs ... a lot

want to hear others people opinions

Jun 11, 2016, 20:0606/11/16
I enjoy seeing politicals in the game, mainly cause people love sending them in blind and wasting them. They are no threat for the invincible acropolis and the only counter for that once unbeatable super stacked city. Those that want the politicals to put negative buffs to a city can do more damage than the plain troop killing, at least troop killing PA hits city and is done. One with debuffs is unavoidable unless you put up a bubble. Some people may want defense out then they can but to complain about others being able to take you out is silly, they can still send a massive army. Yeah you'll get points but if they do it out of event and have a big bank balance then the extra points defense gets is meaningless, you could say you'd just tuck everything away but then why not do it always? Bring out when a raid is coming and if you're unsure it's a lure to hit you with a PA then just stay tucked always.
Jun 12, 2016, 01:0106/12/16
if u so guys enjoy having PAs in game, then have fun at nearly everyone have no defense outside to hit
Jun 12, 2016, 04:4006/12/16
Makes it easier to raid them and grow, besides if you think everyone hides their troops then you haven't looked hard enough
Jun 12, 2016, 20:0206/12/16

Dracos said:

Makes it easier to raid them and grow, besides if you think everyone hides their troops then you haven't looked hard enough

I said nearly everyone, not everyone. I honestly don't care about coiners and what they do they don't represent majority of game population

and people who keep some defense outside which can be killed with 20-30 assassins is hardly to be called leaving defense outside.

Jun 12, 2016, 20:4406/12/16
20-30 assassins worth of defense is enough to get you to a decent reward in a normal pvp event, add to the fact that there could be multiple people leaving it out and some are in a coalition all packed tight around a capital makes it easier. Not everyone wants to go have a battle that gives 50-500k pvp points, especially since it will never benefit anyone except Plarium since they'll get some more money
Jun 12, 2016, 23:5906/12/16

Dracos said:

20-30 assassins worth of defense is enough to get you to a decent reward in a normal pvp event, add to the fact that there could be multiple people leaving it out and some are in a coalition all packed tight around a capital makes it easier. Not everyone wants to go have a battle that gives 50-500k pvp points, especially since it will never benefit anyone except Plarium since they'll get some more money

well thanks, amount of pvp points return for assassinated defense is almost like if I attack with my defense...in other words not great. I don't consider getting about 1/4 of normal pvp points to be worth get assassinated.

anyway, there are other tools to find out how much defense city has without using assassins when u attack

u can use:

1. spy city

2. send probing force

3. u can use boosts, if u afraid he will get reinforced.

Jun 13, 2016, 07:5306/13/16
08/03/15

Rob May said:

Dracos said:

well thanks, amount of pvp points return for assassinated defense is almost like if I attack with my defense...in other words not great. I don't consider getting about 1/4 of normal pvp points to be worth get assassinated.

anyway, there are other tools to find out how much defense city has without using assassins when u attack

u can use:

1. spy city

2. send probing force

3. u can use boosts, if u afraid he will get reinforced.

Of course you can do that. But it hurts me when I loose 300+ Spies :) I am very careful with my units the last few weeks...So, for me an assasin(even if its cost un-effective in comparison to loose spies) Still, it's worth for me due to travel time and results..Best solution for me if the target is close is to send 1-6 spies.to check if are units in there and then sent my boys...

Jun 13, 2016, 10:3706/13/16
Who cares if defense gets less compared to attacker? They already get more when fighting another army so some way for the attacker to make more is good. Also you still need to find out if the enemy has defense out so your alternatives just work with using assassins unless you're some idiot who sends politicals blindly, then that's where tucking works and they waste. If people really want balance than they should ask for the points gained through all actions to be the same and not just outright remove a feature. 
Jun 25, 2016, 05:5006/25/16
Dracos said:

Who cares if defense gets less compared to attacker? They already get more when fighting another army so some way for the attacker to make more is good. Also you still need to find out if the enemy has defense out so your alternatives just work with using assassins unless you're some idiot who sends politicals blindly, then that's where tucking works and they waste. If people really want balance than they should ask for the points gained through all actions to be the same and not just outright remove a feature. 
yes and you assume we are all cry more kids who chunking them randomly and don't know who to use them, ofc we bloody know how to use them and abuse them, am using them as well... but I rather they not in game as more cities will be defended more and other tactics, more normal ones would be open for gameplay I like that better than stupid assassins
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.