political attacks removal

political attacks removal

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Apr 5, 2016, 17:0104/05/16
08/20/15

I realise that this thread is now getting a bit tired ... but just thought to add my 2 cents worth about PA's and how I wish they were not part of the game or at least not in their current implementation. There were a lot of sound ideas put forward earlier in this thread but I tend to agree that for Plarium these PA units are just steadily raking in the money from the coiners and this out-weighs other considerations. The post earlier in this thread from Aleksandra Miroshyna - which defends the whole PA process - just made me smile and frankly is an insult to my intelligence.

I used to be an 'occasional' coiner spending perhaps $100-$150 per month. I have not spent any real money now for a couple of months as more and more nonsense is introduced (50% off/def boost; bubbles over your city for spy and/or full protection etc). For me, the net effect of all these changes is I find I am now much less interested in the game and I guess on a glide path to quitting.

Apr 6, 2016, 01:1104/06/16
08/25/14

RIX said:

Unless someone sends 100 of them at once or in waves of 10 then it does a ton of damage

Since the maximum damage is made by the maximum 10 assassins you can send at the same time, if you pile up enough defense so you get 0 damage from them, your aggressor can repeat the process as many time as he want, he would still do no damage in the end... ^^

Apr 6, 2016, 02:5704/06/16

ThatBloke said:

Since the maximum damage is made by the maximum 10 assassins you can send at the same time, if you pile up enough defense so you get 0 damage from them, your aggressor can repeat the process as many time as he want, he would still do no damage in the end... ^^

Please don't mislead people with wrong information.....

Especially when you wear mod banner, newer players might actually believe you.

100 assassins(maximum per day in waves of 10x10) will do per description 1.2mil dmg, I hardly call it nothing. Amount of defense in city doesn't change that. same loses, and if they are shared between many players or you routinely buy dozens of million troops per week/month doesn't change it either

But here is another shocker about them,

They should do 12,6k dmg per one, but they do over 15k dmg, why is that? For one they ignore city defense bonus and deal full dmg to your troops, not reduced to almost half vs fully developed city, like raid has to suffer. It might be design choice, okey fine. But why they do even more than advertised dmg? To me it sounds they even ignore agreement upgrades and elixirs and so on.

Yes its fun throwing them, 200-300 PvP pts per 1 assassin

Not fun to receiving them, 40-60 PvP pts, how is that fair?

if you get raided, you at least gets your fair amount of PvP points, if u get lots of asasins to your face you get about 1/4 - 1/5 of pvp points for exactly same number of death soldiers at your side.

Does this even need any further explanation why they should be in "strategic" game at all?....

Apr 7, 2016, 09:1604/07/16
Apr 7, 2016, 09:16(edited)
08/25/14

Please don't mislead people with wrong information.

Since you can never send more than 10 assassin in one batch, you can never do more than 126,000 damage at the same time.

Repeating the process will change nothing to the individual result from each wave you send.

So if the target is defended by 150 players, the damage can be so well scattered that all losses numbers can end up rounded down to 0. That's a fact. Raging won't change anything to facts. :p

BTW, there is no elixir for assassins.

And they never ignore city fortifications. Damage get scattered between troops and fortifications, and  fortifications always boost all the defense as usual.

And finally, there's no way you get 15k damage out of 12.6k, sorry. :p

Apr 7, 2016, 23:3604/07/16
Apr 7, 2016, 23:37(edited)

and again,

maximum u can send 100 assassins as single player per day, 10x wave of10, that's why its 1.2mil dmg per 1 day

I was talking about defensive units being under effect of elixir

lucky you that 150 players defending your city, lets assume all 150 players will have equal number of units at city, each of them will receive dmg proportional of 66% of 1 assassins if 100 were thrown at city, so everybody will share that dmg of 1.2mil, each player will walk away with about 8k power of lost troops, or in case it was only MPs defending, each player will lose around 10 MPs

but if you have less defenses than others, specially in someone else city, yes your personal losese could be zero, but other players will share at least 1.2mil dmg.

as is aid us unlucky ones, we have defend ourselves, so 1.2mil dmg to our face well in your world you round it a bit..tiny bit to well... zero

I on other hand don't see 1.2mil defense units lost as zero.

Yes assassins do ignore city defense bonus, it doesn't mean they can't kill tower but they ignore CDB, otherwise they would do almost half dmg of advertised, so probably around 7k top at fully developed city

If u don't know what CDB is do some background reading.

That part where assassins do even more dmg that 12.6k is well known.

anyway lets have a look at some pictures I found in reports:

if u throw assassin over 300 pts

http://prntscr.com/aphkiq

if you get one or two in face, around 60 points from each of them.

http://prntscr.com/aphl2r

http://prntscr.com/aphl33

http://prntscr.com/aphl5k

recreation of units lost, out of frame is only single cartharian, also 1 psilos was substituted by 1 extra jav

http://prntscr.com/aphi0g

dmg taken from 2 assassins is almost 30.9 k + 14x lvl 5 towers, which is additional 14x 250 =  3500 dmg

grand total of 34,4k by 2 assassins, each of them dealing 17,2k dmg

even if tower dmg was not calculated in their dmg, they would still do over 15k dmg each

Also city has over 90% CDB, which was ignored as I said earlier, if it wasn't ignored, then these assassins would actually do about 30 k each or 60k for both of them.

I highly doubt enemy was using 50% boost, he was noob, and from my experiences number of units lost is around 40phalanx for double assassin and some other random units as in this only example I was able to find in my reports.

I will say this last time, Bloke please, don't mislead people with false information and stating your opinions as facts.

I not going to link description of word "fact," am sure you can google it yourself.

Go ahead and prove me wrong and present some hard evidence a.k.a. FACTS 

cheers.

Apr 8, 2016, 04:2604/08/16
Apr 8, 2016, 04:29(edited)
07/12/15

Logically speaking an army attacking a city will have to confront both troops and defenses, whereas assassins by bypassing the defenses would only have to deal with the troops.

Logically speaking of course..

Apr 8, 2016, 07:2104/08/16
08/25/14

Yes, but they don't bypass the fortifications, that's why towers get destroyed, or partly destroyed, as damage is scattered evenly across both the defending troops and the fortifications.

Like everybody, I have a jav in most other members' cities, and it survives 90% of the time, because the towers absorb the damage first !

Now again, nobody cares if someone would send 100, 1000 or a millions of assassins (not possible for one player, but possible for 10 000 players lol). The only important point is you can NEVER send more than 10 at the same time, and all combats are independant from one another.

As such, if 10 assassins can't manage to damage the defense because it's very huge and collective, then even an infinity of waves of 10 won't do anything. Period.

On the other hand, if the defender is alone, then even a small percentage of damage will be able to take down several tenths of each kind of troops, because when applied to a huge number of units, it's less likely to get rounded down to 0 than when applied to small numbers of units sent by a huge number of players.

That's why a collective defense is always more efficient (but it then gives few, to no PVP points at all to the defenders).

Also note a larger number of assassins will generally take down several towers, even level 5 ones. The more defense in the city, the less towers will be destroyed, though, since it's still a matter of losses ratio (it also proves assassins do NOT bypass fortifications).

After multiple bombings, taking towers down can actually reduce the defender's bonus, leading to higher losses ratios. As long as the towers don't get repaired by friends on the fly, of course.

Apr 8, 2016, 13:1504/08/16
Jun 7, 2016, 03:52(edited)

they can hit towers or units in city, but they still bypass city defense bonus all together

if u throw assassin on some alt city with zero towers zero walls zero decoration, you get more or less same pvp points as hitting someone with full developed city with city defense bonus of 90%+

if u manage to get down towers with assassins, yes your raid will by doing more dmg, since towers are down.

but question remains, why assassins are so bugged?

unless u can prove otherwise they do around 15k dmg, 12.6k is advertised

they do ignore city defense bonus lets say +90%(yes they can hit towers, but that's different) otherwise they would do around 7k dmg from 12.6k but this point kind of make sense, since they sneak past city defenses

their overpowered dmg does not make sense.

reason why your jav survives 90% of time in friends cities is that people have defenses there! and if total def number is greater than lets say 15k facing 15k dmg from assassin, will result slightly under 50% loss for defended. In theory your jav will survive. simply statistically speaking. But more defenses that guy have higher chance of your jav surviving. And if they have just few units, then yes towers will soak 250k dmg each and units rest of it.

now to your point, where u again claiming infinite waves of 10 assassins wont do anything.... like really?:)

lets imagine city is defended by 150million defence, lets say 500 thousands units in total.

wave of 10 assassins hit, odds that tower will die is very small like 20 in 500k, but in very unlikely scenario 2 PA can indeed kill all 20 towers even if there is 150 mil defense, but odds are astronomically small.

wave of 10 PA will do around 126k-150k dmg, doesn't matter your personal loses or opinions, cca 126k-150k defense will die, now we have only 149,85mil defenses

1 player can repeat process 9 more times,

so 1 player per day can inflict about 1.5mil dmg, reducing total def to about 148.5mil 

reason why I picked up so nice number to show, that 100 players sending each 100 assassins in one day (10x wave of 10) will in fact fully wipe city with 150 mil defenses

that's kind of is in conflict with your statement "they wont do anything", which I have proven they will in fact completely wipe out entire defense in that city.

Ofc nobody ever seen 100 players throwing 100 assassins at one city in one day, but that's outcome you would get.

and more importantly same damage applies to smaller scale with smaller defences in players cities, where handful of PAs will unfavorably kill defender units and give him about 1/5 of pvp points, he should get.

lets not confuse ourselves with sending assassins in waves and ordinary units in waves, assassins do full dmg and can hit champions with just total of them is 1, each single assassin work independently and will always do full dmg vs random units.

with old battle formula people sending small waves would net smaller units killed than it is now.

but still it wasn't zero just small portion of what it is today, today you more of less kill as much def as you send off, if u hit lvl 5 pan with 100swords, you might kill 1horse, 2 phalanx, few lower tier units. Unless you mass certain amount of attack force you wont be able to kill any champions, if ofcourse you don't run thousands of waves, which would gradually wear down supporting units until only champions left.

That's quite different with assassins , they can hit any unit,champion or not, they do ignore city defense bonus and they do inflict more than advertised dmg.

That's why people doesn't like them, they are overpowered(or their tooltip show lower numbers vs reality) and are bugged.

Apr 8, 2016, 15:4404/08/16

can PA do damage on CAPITAL?

Apr 8, 2016, 21:5804/08/16
04/24/15

i search 6 month to remove PA, in 1 month i eatg 120+, in 1 night i eat 30 pa from MICHAELS coward, lose and in 4 am send 30 pa, and kill 41 champion, so that is for money, he sell for 500, but give all time discount, and u can buy for 200, 

so u buy champ for 2000 drahma and some will kill champ with 200 drahma, . if like to fight with PA , then PA must be 10.000 drahma, that is coward play

and for that i was baned week, and in middle of raid, 

when return my cavalry , nobody send in acro and all is kiled from that ban i lost 9 milion army, only from coward like MICHAEL buyer from DATH INC2.

btw, dont u see people that all game is for money, and maybe will instal bathroom, to go promachos to pi ss, and for that u must pay.

from beautifull game, for that money he lost milions players and for few weeks will play only buyers and his fakes, 
Apr 10, 2016, 05:3004/10/16
08/25/14

I'm not aware of the possibility to ban anybody from the game. Even multi-account cheaters aren't punished that way.

You can only be banned from the forum if you're posting insults, etc. but not from the game. There should have been some Internet problem somewhere.

May 3, 2016, 13:0605/03/16
01/13/16
no
May 9, 2016, 04:2805/09/16
06/06/15
Ajax said:

I am fairly new to this game but not to games like this.  Whats stopping me buying 100 assasins and sending them to everyone then leave the game.  I would not do this as it is not fair but I agree, in most games there is some balance these are just way over powered.

You spend time building up troops, resource and then wham, dead.  I understand if another army hits and you loose troops but this is just for wallet lords, and ultimately it will be abused (unless I mis read how to use asssins) but the sound of it I need to buy at least 50 to make sure retrobution is quick.

Maybe make it that they destroy buildings or walls, to weaken up for the main attack?

Ajax

I agree. Without Assassins players are more apt to leave out defenses to guard their city (which is what they are meant for) but with Assassins almost everyone keeps their defenses in their Acropolis or just use light defenses. It would just make the game more enjoyable.
May 23, 2016, 11:5005/23/16
10/20/15
Ajax said:

I am fairly new to this game but not to games like this.  Whats stopping me buying 100 assasins and sending them to everyone then leave the game.  I would not do this as it is not fair but I agree, in most games there is some balance these are just way over powered.

You spend time building up troops, resource and then wham, dead.  I understand if another army hits and you loose troops but this is just for wallet lords, and ultimately it will be abused (unless I mis read how to use asssins) but the sound of it I need to buy at least 50 to make sure retrobution is quick.

Maybe make it that they destroy buildings or walls, to weaken up for the main attack?

Ajax

What's stopping you is their price^^ They are actually quite expensive, which is good. But seeing people using tenths of them is all the more crazy
May 24, 2016, 00:1805/24/16
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)

GLENCAIRN said:

House of Gods hegemon Tryfon complaining about the use of political assassins, priceless. 

is this an ad for Mastercard?  I have every right to complain about the use of PA's, I have suffered repeated PA attacks by multi-account players which beggars belief, certain coiners will routinely send 10 to 20 PAs every week just to annoy a coalition's members.  There is NO answer to PA, they have no defensive comparison and Plarium likes to suggest the only way to beat them is to buy them yourself.

May 24, 2016, 06:5805/24/16
May 24, 2016, 06:59(edited)
08/25/14

Tryfon Raptis said:

There is NO answer to PA, they have no defensive comparison and Plarium likes to suggest the only way to beat them is to buy them yourself.

Actually, there is : piling up so many troops from so many players the attack to defense ratio would be as low as 0.01%.

The problem is you're not warned when they'll drop, so can hardly prepare a such defensive wall (and travel times hardly allow time to do so anyway).

And you can't preotect every member in a coalition in such a way. Unless you know your bugger is going to do it every week, of course.

May 24, 2016, 07:0005/24/16
08/25/14

Drusilla said:

I agree. Without Assassins players are more apt to leave out defenses to guard their city (which is what they are meant for) but with Assassins almost everyone keeps their defenses in their Acropolis or just use light defenses. It would just make the game more enjoyable.

I totally agree with you.

May 24, 2016, 07:0605/24/16
May 24, 2016, 07:06(edited)
08/25/14

Ajax said:

I am fairly new to this game but not to games like this.  Whats stopping me buying 100 assasins and sending them to everyone then leave the game. 

Interesting hypothesis.

Well, first of all, the price. Unless you're VERY rich. ^^

Then most of your bombings would hit the void. Most people are storing their troops to safety and pull them out only 15 seconds before a clearly announced raid will be hitting.

Nobody sane would leave their troops out when not online.

Unless they have so many they can resist bombings with negligible damage, maybe.

Anyway, in the end, you'll just get a bad reputation and your name would be a joke until the end of times - maybe even a new meme. :p LOL

Jun 7, 2016, 03:5506/07/16
yes everyone would leave more def outside, since attacker will lose more than you when he hit, if u have towers maxed and all, but you might lose like 1.5mil defense if he decide to throw 100 assasins in 1 day at you. its very risky to keep def outside.
Jun 7, 2016, 12:0706/07/16
Jun 7, 2016, 12:11(edited)
08/25/14

Yes, but in all cases, collective defense is better.

But yes, adding assassins ruined the few strategy that existed in the game (especially about how reactive a coaltion was to send reinforcement to their friends).

However, assassins were probably added to help beginners to retaliate huge bullies who couldn't be raided back. The problem is the idea has been misleaded into a pure money weapon... :(

I've recently punished such a bully. After 3 hits on my troops to try and kill as much as he could, I struck back, and found a huge defensive trap. He was probably used to bully people too weak to harm him, so he was bullying them twice : attacking then defending... He's probably been responsible for several players leaving the game after having lost both their defense, then their offense.

But this time he bullied the wrong victim. He lost all, and now he's all bombing me every few hours, and still won't stop 2 days later.

The amount of money he has wasted is substantial already. I'm wondering how long he can do that. :p

The funniest fact is he's currently hiding behind a shield... ^^ Being the only bully around, he shouldn't fear anybody, so the only explanation would be he has recently bullied other reluctant victims... ^^

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.